Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear Reviews

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear 5
Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear 6
Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear 7

Elissa · Married on 08/02/2013

Everyone at this place was incredible! I visited several times before I ordered my Maggie Sottero dress. They never made me feel pressured to buy anything and were always pleased to see me return. They always remembered my name and all the details about my wedding. My dress was supposed to have 1 strap but I wanted strapless and they suggested a way of moving the strap to add sparkle across the top and it came out so beautiful you'd think it was designed that way! The seamstress was amazing and everyone had great input about my dress, shoes and other aspects of my wedding. Everyone was excited for me, professional, on time, always returned calls, answered questions and very easy going! I would highly recommend Lucille's Bridal!!

Sent on 07/13/2013

Jen · Married on 10/07/2017

Everyone was super helpful! Great with follow-up and making sure everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Sasha · Married on 05/17/2017

It's a great place with an excellent choice of wedding gowns. Liz is very helpful and friendly, she'll do an amazing job finding a dress you're looking for. My dress was truly gorgeous, exactly what I wanted, and I loved every minute wearing it. I only wish the tailor was a little kinder: she does a great job but she won't smile at you!

Sent on 05/26/2017

jessica · Married on 11/12/2016

Olivia was amazing! She made the entire dress experience so wonderful for me! She was with me every step of the way and helped me find my dream dress! Even on the days when I was having my fitting meltdowns she was always there with a smile and encouragement to talk me right off the ledge and made sure everything was perfect for me before I took my dress home! To Olivia and the entire team at Lucille's i thank you and almost wish I could do it all over again with you guys!!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you for your kind review, Jessica! We are very happy to hear about your positive experience in our store. You made such a stunning bride on your wedding day. We enjoyed working with you and your family from beginning to end. Thank you for choosing Lucille's Bridal and Val's Formalwear and best of luck to you and your new husband, Ryan!

Gina · Married on 10/02/2015

The staff at Lucille's certainly helped me find my perfect dress! They made me feel like finding that perfect dress was as important to them as it was to me! I would recommend Lucille's to any bride!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Lisa · Married on 06/20/2014

I found Lucille to be pleasant and did a nice job. Only wish she took credit card!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you Lisa for your review. Sorry if that was any confusion on method of payment but we do accept credit cards with the exception of AMX. Thank you again and we hope to be a service in the future.

Lauren · Married on 07/05/2013

I loved my wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses, mother of the bride dresses, and tuxes. The alterations were perfect. Everything was expensive, but it was worth it for the service. Jen did a great job helping me find my dream dress.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Jenna · Married on 05/04/2018

3.5

Let me begin by saying this was hands down the best experience I could of ever imagined from the purchase of my dress to my very first fitting! I’m relatively new to the state and all my family/friends are back in Philadelphia, so I unfortunately did not have my mom or sister to join me but the void was filled having had such a wonderful group of women giving honest opinions (because I asked a lot of questions and needed all opinions, that’s just how I am) and advice. Antionetta, Liz, Jean and especially Lori were all amazing! I can’t wait to go back for my 2nd fitting in March. Thank you ladies for such an amazing experience ❤️

Sent on 02/22/2018

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank You Jenna for your wonderful review. We love seeing and working with you. You look amazing in your gown

Jessica · Married on 06/25/2016

I went to Lucille's for both my wedding gown as well as bridesmaid dresses and if I had to do it again, I would go back for both!

Lucille's has a great selection of dresses at great prices and with friendly staff to assist you. The gowns came in much quicker than anticipated and were beautiful! We did not use Lucille's for alterations so I cannot comment on that.

The one caution I would give is that the bridesmaid dresses (Bill Levkoff) did not match up to all of my bridesmaids measurements. Two of them had to have a lot of material taken in and two of them had to wear completely flat shoes because the dresses were short on them (they are 5'7") - If your girls are on the taller side, definitely ask for an extra length dress. I didn't know this was an option or I would have done that for sure.

I would recommend Lucille's to anyone looking for gorgeous dresses, great prices and top notch service.

Sent on 07/21/2016

Jessica,
    Thank you very much for your positive review on your experience in our store. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time at Lucille’s, you looked gorgeous in your fitted Stella York gown. We would love to see pictures if you could send them to lucillesvals@gmail.com or directly to our Facebook page. As far as the bridesmaids dresses sizing and length we use the measurements given by the designer and their suggestion is that the standard length should be made for someone who is 5’9. If your bridesmaid was 5’7 she should have had 2 inches to play with. We appreciate the feedback and will contact the designer to see how we can improve sizing, fit, and length for future customers.

Lovely dresses, they came in on time and were great!

Sent on 11/27/2013
  • User2209436 · 2+ years ago

Lucille's was by far my favorite bridal shop I visited (I went to 6 or 7). They were friendly and worked with me. I loved my gown that I bought from them, and the alterations were perfect (although a little pricey). Great one on one service with the sales associate, and a great area for your guests to wait while you try on the dresses. I would defiantly recommend Lucille's to any bride-to-be in the area!

Sent on 10/11/2013
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/21/2018

Beautiful Dresses at a great Value

I loved my initial experiences here. My attendant was Olivia and I loved everything about her. This was the last shop I visited and had other dresses to top, and I did here with TWO dresses, both better priced than my previous favorites at the other store which was important to me. I couldn't decide and was able to come back for another appointment just to try on the two dresses a few weeks later to hopefully decide. My wedding was in June 2018 and I was trying on dresses in 2017 so it's been a while, but I don't remember having trouble with appointments, and coordinating my friends and family who wanted to come too. When it came in, I went in to try it on, and then closer to my wedding date I had 2 fittings. My one issue though, was that the seamstress was only available one 2 weekdays to do alterations, which was difficult because of work. Fortunately my boss was very understanding. And I was upset during one of the fitting appointments, because the dress wasn't ready for me and I had to come back hours later, messing up the other appointments I had that day. I also was never notified when my veil came in. I waited a while before I finally contacted them myself. I felt the quality of the services went down slightly after I'd actually found and purchased my dress. However, the final result was incredible. The best fitting, most beautiful thing I've ever had on my body.

Sent on 05/18/2019
    Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear 14
    Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear 15
    Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear 16

Hi Emily,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! We are working on improving our fitting schedules for our brides to accommodate such things like work and other appointments. It was such a pleasure working with you and helping you find your dream gown. We are so impressed with these photos. You looked absolutely beautiful!

Michaelle · Married on 10/28/2016

3.0

The staff were very nice I just wish the alteration didn't cost an arm and a leg especially if you purchase multiple dresses from them.

Sent on 12/09/2016

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Michaelle, we are happy to hear you enjoyed the service you received in our store. When it comes to our alterations we have set prices listed in the store and do not require customers to get alterations done here if they wish to do their alterations elsewhere. We hope you enjoyed your wedding and wish you and your new husband a lifetime of love and happiness! Thank you for choosing Lucille's Bridal

Emily · Married on 07/09/2016

Everyone at Lucille's Bridal was friendly and helpful. I told Liz what I was looking for and I ended up buying the first dress she showed me. I was the only bride there at the time and felt like I had their full attention. They were patient and made wedding dress shopping a fun and special experience. I would highly recommend this shop.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear Liz was able to help you find your perfect wedding gown!

Megan · Married on 09/06/2014

The only reason I am not giving a 5 star review is due to some issues with my bridesmaid dresses. My wedding dress and veil were absolutely perfect, no issues whatsoever. But, the bridesmaid dresses all came in too big for my girls. The shop informed the girls that Levkoff dresses run small so that is why they ordered bigger sizes, but when the dresses came in, they were significantly too big. Otherwise, Lucille's was great. We worked mainly with Jenn and she was very good at choosing dresses based on some suggestions from me. Also, since I bought my dress there, they gave a 10% discount on anything else that we purchased after, including the bridesmaid dresses. Overall good experience at Lucille's.

Sent on 09/13/2014

Stephanie · Married on 11/10/2017

Alterations are a bit pricey. The service was great and they are helpful.

Sent on 11/25/2017

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Hello Stephanie, we appreciate the feedback but want to emphasize we are so proud to have our talented seamstress Teresa to help with alterations. We hope you had an overall good experience and thank you for choosing us for your gown.

sylvia · Married on 09/22/2017

Dress was GORGEOUS and price was totally fair. Team is super helpful and understanding of what you are looking and keep recommendations within your budget!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Blanca · Married on 06/09/2017

3.5

Liz was absolutely wonderful. (the whole staff is wonderful) but I told Liz exactly what I was looking for and she found my dream dress! The dress fit perfectly after the alterations. Only thing is they are a bit pricey especially when it comes to alterations other than that I loved them! Thank you!

Sent on 09/26/2017
    Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear 17
    Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear 18
    Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear 19
    Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear 20

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you for your review Blanca. We are so happy to hear how pleased you were with the customer service you received while in the store. You looked stunning on your wedding day and your dress fit you perfectly. Unfortunately our prices for alterations are what they are in order to guarantee the work is done accurately by a professional seamstress. We wish you the best of luck in your future!

Lorena · Married on 01/02/2015

I really liked the experience! I have referred more people to this vendor. :)

Sent on 12/04/2015
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 08/25/2017

Loved the ladies at Lucille's, I actually found my dream wedding dress when I was there with my friend shopping for her wedding. They are great with working with you on coming in for appointments especially since I live over an hour from the shop, I will say that I loved my dress and I looked stunning in it there were some problems that were still not fixed after couple alteration appointments. Needless to say I still would recommend Lucille's to anyone because they have beautiful dresses and if you love Maggie Sotterro designs they have TONS.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Courtney · Married on 02/24/2017

3.5

Overall it was a good experience considering that I had a little over a month to get a dress and make it exactly what I wanted. Mary the seamstress really sealed the deal for me. She was very helpful, professional, and super talented. She really changed the dress to exactly what I wanted. She listened to what I wanted and was 100% honest what could work and what would not. In a week timeline she made the dress to what I wanted, the dress was truly beautiful. My only real feedback was that the hours are a little tough if you work. Many nights they close at 5 PM, which they were open to at least 6 PM.

Sent on 04/12/2017

The ladies of Lucille's Bridal were Awesome. They were helpful from the moment I began trying on gowns, to picking out dresses for my bridesmaids and my mother. Antoinetta is sooo sweet, such a great personality. Jen was one of the bridal stylists who assisted me pretty much throughout the wedding process. She also was sweet to me and my girls. Lastly Theresa, she is an amazing seamstress !!! And what a character. Overall, I had an amazing experience at Lucille's. I can't thank them enough for all their help and support.

P.S. Make an apppointment EVERYTIME for the full experience. It's worth it.

Sent on 02/28/2015

Mayra · Married on 09/13/2013

2.5

All the ladies in the shop were really helpful. They were patient with me and my bridals maids. They made my experience very memorable. Thank you.

Sent on 11/23/2013

Meg · Married on 09/08/2007

This is a small bridal shop located in Orange, CT. The service was decent and I did get the beautiful dress that I wanted.

Sent on 08/11/2008

Kristi-Lyn · Married on 09/22/2018

4.2
      2.5

I worked with Liz.

I asked for a fitting for a particular Stella York dress. I also asked to set a few similar ones out as I wasn’t sure about spending so much money.

Turns out I ended up with one of the other dresses she picked. I can’t wait for my first fitting and of course the big day.

She was not pushy and gave me plenty of time to make what I feel was a big decision.

I would definitely recommend this place to any future bride.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Kristi-Lyn, you made our day! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are so pleased to hear Liz was able to help you find the perfect gown. You are going to look absolutely stunning on your wedding day. We will see you soon!