Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear Reviews

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear 2
Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear 3
Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear 4
Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear 5

I loved my dress! Everyone at Lucille's was very helpful and professional. I added a strap to my dress and it came out perfect. I had a great experience using Lucille's for my gown and my bridesmaid gowns. I would highly recommend Lucille's!

Sent on 12/27/2014

Larysa · Married on 09/01/2014

The staff at Lucille's Bridal was EXCEPTIONAL! I found my dream dress in one hour! The ladies were very friendly, knowledgeable, accommodating, and very professional. I felt at ease every time I walked in. Coincidentally, my mother bought her wedding gown at Lucille's 46 years ago as well!! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Amy · Married on 08/16/2014

Absolutely wonderful staff! Jennifer pulled dresses that were in my budget and was never pushy. She listened to what I was looking for which led to me picking out a Maggie Sottero "Lena". The alterations was done perfectly and finished on time. I had two weddings, one in FL and the other in CT, I had my dress cleaned in between the two with a two week deadline. There was sand, seaweed and twigs all embedded in my dress, I surely thought I had trashed it. When I picked it up, it looked brand new! Don't waste your time at David's Bridal like I did the first time I tried on wedding dresses. Go to Lucille's, you will be glad you did!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Rebecca · Married on 06/28/2014

I'm so happy I bought my wedding dress from here. Everyone working there is SO nice and very professional. They actually care about their customers and truly give you that bridal experience. They make you feel like the only bride in the world. I'm honestly sad that my experience with them is over and I won't be seeing them anymore. I couldn't be more happy with my dress and the alterations were perfect! Lucille's bridal is amazing!!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Deanna · Married on 06/06/2014

I love my dress from Lucille's! I'm so happy I went there for my dress, it was the first dress I tried on, and I fell in love! The staff at Lucille's is wonderful, they are so helpful and they give their clients all the attention they deserve. Everything was perfect and the ladies at Lucille's made sure of it. I bought my dress off the clearance rack and they had dresses to fit my smaller budget which was nice because you still get the quality treatment from everyone there. Amazing experience!!!!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Renee · Married on 03/21/2014

Great customer service! All the staff was very helpful. Very flexible and did everything to make me happy. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 05/16/2014

Gina · Married on 01/11/2014

Helpful, friendly staff and a great selection of dresses/tuxes. Thank you for everything!!!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Absolutely amazing!!!! Not only did I purchase & alter my wedding gown from Lucille's, but we also did all of the bridesmaids dresses & groomsmens tuxes (20 total!) from them and they were absolutely phenomenal! From my first appointment to the last they were helpful, professional & simply the nicest to work with! There was a snow storm the week of my wedding & when my dress needed to be picked up early it was not a problem! Everyone raved about my dress & how wonderful the entire party looked. I would highly recommend this shop!!!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Elena · Married on 12/07/2013

Lucille's was the first place I went to look for dresses. Liz was so helpful and friendly and I never felt pressured to buy anything. I saw a dress I liked but wanted to look around. I went to a few other places but I went back to Lucille's and bought the first dress I tried on there. The whole staff at Lucille's made the dress shopping experience fun and exciting! My mom also got her dress there too and they did a great job with the alterations. When I look at my pictures I am reminded over and over that I made the right decision buying my dress at Lucille's. I would recommend Lucille's to anyone who is looking for beautiful dresses and excellent customer service.

Sent on 05/16/2014

I had been to 2 other stores before coming here and tried on at least 20 other dresses and could just not find 'the one'. I came to Lucille's with a budget and pretty specific requests for what I wanted in a dress. The lady that helped me out said ok, let me see what I can find in the back and she came out with at least 10 dresses....and among them, was 'the one'! She never once tried to make me like a dress I didn't and if I had something on I didn't like, she wouldn't bother letting me try on other dresses of the same style, she would move on to something different and really tried to listen to what I wanted. I was extremely happy with the service and the best part was that I was able to walk away with the dress the same day because it was a sample dress on clearance. The price was way under my budget, so I was able to buy a beautiful veil. Every person at the wedding complimented the dress and a month later people are still talking about it! It was a friend that recommended this shop to me (she had bought evening gowns before) and she plans on buying her dress from this shop for her wedding next year.

Sent on 11/24/2013

Wonderful, professional service here! Very friendly, helpful staff.

Sent on 10/11/2013

Stefanie · Married on 10/04/2013

The staff at Lucille's was so friendly, attentive, and flexible with my crazy schedule! I would highly recommend them for dresses, suit rentals and accessories!

Sent on 10/12/2013

I bought my wedding dress at Lucille's and everything about the purchase and alterations was a great experience. Very helpful and professional staff. Thanks especially to the best seamstress who made my gown fit exactly the way it I wanted it to.

Sent on 11/21/2013

The ladies at Lucille's were absolutely amazing!!! I drove well over an hour to this bridal shop in search of a particular gown that they had in stock that I wanted to try on before ordering it closer to where I lived. I ended up choosing a different Maggie Sottero gown and still ordered from Lucille's because everyone was so kind and helpful. Antonietta and Jen kept me in the loop as to when my dress was going to ship, actually shipped and arrived.

2 weeks before my wedding, a different bridal shop finally got the flower girl dressed that I had ordered, and they were ordered wrong. I knew Lucille's would help fix the problem. I called Jen in tears and she called me right back with the solution! I purchased 2 identical white flower girl dresses off the rack that were each a size too big for my little flower girls and had the wrong color accents. Even though they were swamped with bridal gown alterations, Theresa had these 2 dresses perfectly altered AND changed the color accents, within a week. The girls went back up 2 days before the wedding and Theresa made final alterations right then and there.

This is an absolutely wonderful bridal shop with wonderful women. They are worth the travel. I cannot thank them enough.

Sent on 09/30/2013

I used Lucille's Bridal for Alterations and could not have been happier with everything from making appointments to the seamstress to the quality of work. I would recommend them without reservations for alterations to anyone.

Sent on 06/10/2013

The staff at Lucilles were an absolute pleasure to work with and went above and beyond to ensure that my Wedding Dress was absolutely perfect! I would definitely recommend Lucilles to anyone who may ask!!
    Thanks Lucilles for giving me the Wedding Dress of my dreams!! :-)

Sent on 10/05/2013

Colleen · Married on 06/16/2012

I found my ultimate dream dress at Lucille's. I was a little nervous to go dress shopping. I was scared that I wasn't going to find what I had in my head. Jen had me go through their racks and pick out the dresses that I wanted to try on. We went through a lot of "nos" before we found the one. I had tried it on and had loved the top of it but the bottom looked too much for me. It had several pick ups that I was not liking. Theresa then came out and told me that she would be able to take the pick ups out. At that moment I knew that the dress that I had been wanting, I would get. Once my dress came in, I went for a fitting with my sister. I was standing on the stand and Theresa began cutting all of the pick ups out! I was so nervous! I am so happy that I did because I felt like an absolute goddess in my wedding dress and I wish i could wear it everyday! Everyone at Lucille's was welcoming and kind and made my dress shopping experience better than I had ever imagined. Also, their new store location is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Sent on 07/06/2012

Jennifer · Married on 01/30/2011

This is a tiny little shop with tons of gorgeous off the rack dresses at reasonable prices. I found a beautiful dress, that didn't look like every other poofy bridal gown... and I'm not a little girl, either!

They had the dress ready very quickly for me, and the alterations in shop were perfect. The staff has personality, beyond the usual sales pitch. I'd try them, especially if you need to buy off the rack!

Sent on 02/01/2011
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 06/07/2019

Lori was amazing to work with! I had an idea of what I wanted and she hit the nail on the head finding dresses in styles that I liked and felt comfortable in, all while staying within my budget. They even ordered a dress they didn’t have so I could try it on and ended up saying Yes to that one! She was patient and I never felt pressured. It was fun and a pleasure to work with everyone at the store. I would definitely recommend Lucille’s!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Hi Jen,

Thank you so much for this review and sharing your experience with us! We were so happy that we could order the dress for you and that was the one you ended up with — absolutely stunning! We look forward to seeing you next year for your fitting and hear how your wedding planning has come along. Thank you for visiting us!

Nicole · Married on 09/29/2018

I cannot thank Lucille's enough (especially Liz!!) for helping me find my dream dress. Lucille's was the first place I went to when shopping for my wedding dress and ultimately where I returned to and said "yes!" - from the start Liz was in tune with my style, my venue and the overall theme of our wedding day and helped me pick the absolute perfect dress. I loved my experience so much we went back and purchased my bridesmaids dresses as well from them.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Nicole, thank you so much for your lovely review. We are so glad we were the first place you stopped in and had such a great experience. We also want to thank you for sending in your lovely photos, which we will be posting soon! We wish you and your husband the best!

Amanda · Married on 09/17/2016

The team at Lucille's provided fantastic service every step of the way! I picked out my wedding dress (the first one I tried on!) in October of 2015. I immediately fell in love with the style and fit of the dress, and the employees definitely made me feel beautiful! I received my dress the following May (2016). When I went in to try it on, it fit perfectly! Lucille's couldn't have sized me better. I only needed minimal alterations (a hem at the bottom, bustle, and taken out 1/4 inch). Every time that I walked into Lucilles, I was immediately greeted with a warm "Hello Amanda, how are you today?" I would really like to thank Olivia for being so sweet and helping me (and my aunt) with all appointments, fittings, etc. She really made me feel so valued as a customer and comfortable with any questions/concerns I had. The shop is a bit pricey, so plan to pay a little extra for alterations. Other than that, I would recommend using Lucilles to all my friends and family! Thank you!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you very much for your positive review Amanda, we really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sending us your wedding photos. You looked absolutely stunning. Best of luck to you and your new husband.

Bunlin · Married on 09/10/2016

Lucille's Bridal shop was amazing to work with. When I called to make my consultation appointment I gave them my budget range and they helped me find the dress of my dream under my budget. I loved everything about my dress. They also helped me pick out the perfect veil to go with my gown. From the first day of my consultation to the day I picked up my gown for the wedding the staff was all very professional, friendly, and flexible. I loved my experience with Lucille's Bridal Shop.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you for your positive review Bunny! We all enjoyed working with you throughout the process. When you have photos we would love to see them of you on your special day! Please e-mail them to lucillesvals@gmail.com or via our Facebook Page "Lucille's Bridal/ Val's Formalwear". We wish you the best of luck in your future.

I worked with Liz but everyone in the shop was very helpful and pleasant any time I came in the shop. All my bridesmaids also bought their dresses here. They have beautiful wedding dresses and gowns for any special occasions.

Sent on 12/16/2015

so many brides i know say that they were having there dresses still fitted up until a few day before their wedding. No at Lucilles! They took my dress from a size 14 to a 2 and had it done well before my wedding. They were polite, helpful and affordable for both my dress and my alterations.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Melissa · Married on 12/28/2013

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this shop! My first dress shopping experience was AWFUL (Marie Antoinnettes). Lucilles was attentive from the MOMENT I walked in. I found my dress within 20 minutes thanks to Jen. Liz helped me with every fitting. Antoinette helped order the bridesmaid dresses that they didn't carry and gave us a discount. Theresa tailored my dress to fit perfectly. My mom found a one of a kind dress and could not of have been happier with it. After going to the first shop, I dreaded this experience. Lucilles helped me enjoy the process and were so happy for me and for my family. Thank you ladies for providing me with a great experience! Please go!

Sent on 02/10/2014