Lowndes Grove Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Kayla
    Kayla B. Getting married on 06/10/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Most Amazing Wedding Venue!

I'm not sure where to even begin with how amazing this venue and PPHG is- if I could give it 100 stars I would! First of all, planning with them could not have been smoother- even during a pandemic, they were so on top of things and really put me at ease. They have everything down to a science and are so professional. Next, the food- wow! This is NOT typical wedding food- it is a step above. My father was so wowed by the food- all my guests loved the variety and how delicious everything was! And last, but most important, this place is GORGEOUS. We got married at sunset- there was even a rainbow over the river. All my guests told me it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been too. You just cannot beat the home, river, and grounds. I would never want to get married anywhere else. While it is expensive, you really get what you pay for and it is totally worth every penny. Thank you PPHG!

Lowndes Grove's reply:

Hi Kayla - Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We're so excited to hear you enjoyed everything... from the planning process to the food. Planning during a pandemic is certainly stressful, so we're happy to hear our team was able to ease that burden a bit for you. Congratulations on your nuptials, and we wish you two the best in your new life together!
    Anna S. Married on 12/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best place for your Charleston dream wedding!

My husband and I got married at Lowndes Grove on 12/11/21 and we couldn’t have been happier with our venue choice. Picking a venue for a destination wedding while you’re full time college/law students during a pandemic was probably the hardest thing we’ve ever had to do, and thankfully Lowndes Grove made our choice so much easier. The second we got to the venue for our tour we knew we’d be getting married there!! Leading up to our wedding day, all of PPHG’s staff were so helpful and always keeping us up to date about payments, scheduling our food tasting, etc. We knew that we could always email them if we needed a question answered and we always got a prompt reply. It definitely helped make our wedding planning process so much easier. The biggest thing I have to rave about is the food. Our wedding was almost 3 months ago and people are still talking about all of the amazing food we had!!! The food paired with the amazing view of the Ashley River seriously impressed all of our guests who traveled from around the country to celebrate with us. I highly, highly recommend Lowndes Grove to all couples who are looking for an outstanding wedding experience. You won’t find a prettier venue, more professional staff, or better food anywhere in Charleston for your wedding!!!

Lowndes Grove's reply:

Hi Anna - Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We're so happy to hear you and your guests had such a great time and enjoyed the food, the view, and the service. Congrats, and cheers to you both!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Rachel
    Rachel S. Married on 10/10/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best venue. Best company. Best experience.

Trying to plan and host a wedding during a worldwide pandemic can be daunting and stressful. There were so many times during our planning process that I was worried our wedding would feel like a ‘COVID wedding’. PPHG put all our worries to rest with their impeccable attention to detail and thoughtful safety precautions that kept all our guests safe but didn’t obstruct from the beauty of the day. As the world was constantly changing, PPHG and our event manager Kailin kept us up to date with the latest PPHG safety guidelines so we could make any necessary modifications to our ceremony and reception. Absolutely nothing in terms of quality was sacrificed because of this crazy world we’re living in. So many people approached my husband, my family, and me at the wedding and in the weeks following to tell us our wedding was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. I will say the highest compliment our wedding received was the food! Everything was so delectable — we even had one friend say he would request the jumbo seared scallops from our reception on his death bed, if possible. PPHG not only holds the keys to the crown jewel venues in Charleston, but also to top-tier caterers, pastry chefs and event staff.
  • Donleigh
    Donleigh H. Married on 11/10/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Yes, Yes and Yes - without seeing it too!!!

Had the best time working with Patrick Properties and securing this venue out of the others for my wedding day! I booked it unseen but could tell then just by the interaction with the staff and other reviews that I would be pleasantly surprised and thrilled with what my husband and I decided for our big day. The sunset alone was magical to see at the end of our ceremony - start of cocktail hour. The food was on point, atmosphere and staff were terrific!!! Thank you for all the time and attention put into making this venue shine for our big day - we loved it and will be back to visit soon.
  • W
    Whitney Married on 05/25/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Booking Lowndes Grove as our venue was definitely NOT disappointing. From day one we felt at ease and like the only family they were working with. Not only was the customer service FABULOUS, but every person we encountered left us feeling even better than before about our decision! Let me just say, THE FOOD, was OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD. From the moment we had our first tasting we were so pumped up about the big event. Our number of guests went down from our original proposal, but we kept the same number of stations.... BECAUSE WE COULDNT POSSIBLY ELIMINATE ONE. When I say the culinary attention to detail is unlike any other wedding or food venue I have seeen, that is an understatement. Every detail of the food was perfect from the seasoning to the spices to the aesthetics. I was getting texts for days about the food. My husband and I only regret that we didnt get to eat more. That being said, PPHG boxed us up 2 of everything to take with us after the big day. The venue is beautiful, the staff is wonderful, so sad that our special day is over but so happy that we booked with best venue ever!! I also want to add that we had a big "foodie" crowd, so when I compliment the food, I dont not do so lightly!! PPHG you rock. Brides who are wondering if this venue is for you.... IT IS!!
    Britt Married on 09/15/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Lowndes grove plantation itself is breathtaking. The staff and team since day one was so helpful and timely in their response to my husband and I . We were battling a hurricane 4 days out from our wedding date to hit Charleston and the day of our wedding everything looked perfect and the team was so professional . I highly recommend.
    Jenna Married on 03/05/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    All we can say is wow! Rachel, Amber, and the rest of the amazing team with Patrick Properties went above and beyond to make our dream day come to life. Not only is this property drop-dead gorgeous and true to its southern roots, but the service from their sales and catering team was out of this world. They made what was already a day filled with complete love and joy because of our families and friends that much more amazing simply because of their acts of kindness, attention to detail, and overall well-run execution. We had a plated dinner for 230 guests, and it went off without a hitch. We are STILL receiving rave reviews about the food and service, and we have a lot of foodies in our families! We truly cannot say thank you enough to the wonderful team behind this gorgeous venue. You will not be disappointed if you book this venue for your big day!
    Anna Married on 12/03/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The most wonderful group of individuals - from the first email inquiry I sent until we left the night of our wedding. The most beautiful venue with the kindest, most helpful staff. I don't have words for how grateful I am for how hard these folks worked to make our day the most incredible of our lives. Every single detail was taken care of - I wouldn't change a thing. Oh, and the food is AMAZING!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 11/17/2016

The perfect venue

PPHG is an amazing vendor to work with. Kailin and Erin were so easy to work with and were very accommodating with our requests. The food was OUTSTANDING! We received so many compliments on the food. People were coming up to us to say that was the best food they ever had at a wedding. We are extremely pleased with how everything turned out.

Lowndes Grove's reply:

Hi Jessica - Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing your experience! We're so happy to hear everything lived up to your expectations and that you enjoyed your big day. And we'll be sure to pass your compliments on to the culinary team!
    Mary Married on 11/05/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My wedding had to be moved a week out due to Hurricane Matthew. Luckily The River House at Lowndes Grove was available! The whole team made our switch and planning of our wedding so easy! They were kind and accommodating! Thank you so much! It was fate the we found The River House! It was a perfect day!

XO,
    Hunter and Mary
  • User2600636 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Riverhouse is gorgeous for a smaller wedding guest list.
    Tim W. Married on 07/17/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Patrick Properties was great to work with. They are professionals from beginning to end and very organized. Lowndes Grove Plantation is what I had my heart set on from the moment I saw it. It is even grander in person and there is absolutely nothing like it. The water, the dock, the sunset, the house - the setting is absolute perfection. The tasting was exceptional and so fun and the food, drinks, and apps were absolutely delicious at the wedding. The tent and decor was fabulous. We had the best day of our life at Lowndes and the wedding was a complete dream come true. All day getting ready with my mom and bridesmaids was so fun and magical. Everything was super organized, and so fun and laid-back. The day was all about us. Lowndes is the ultimate wedding venue in the south. Nothing beats Lowndes Grove Plantation in Charleston, South Carolina!!!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 05/30/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Lowndes Grove has so much natural beauty that the minute I saw it I knew that we were going to get married there. The staff at Patrick Properties Housing Group is very friendly and great about helping you plan your big day.
    Haley Married on 11/22/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Working with PPHG was well worth it because I had the wedding of my dreams. Everything I wanted I received. I was never the child to dream of a wedding, nor thought I would ever have a fabulous wedding. Looking at The Lowndes Grove, it screamed my name. The house is a beautiful plantation over looking the Ashley River. Why I chose this venue was because the ceremony and the reception could take place right there a few feet from one another, and the best part is you can utilize the whole house. It is very convenient. Plus having a great Frenchman Nico Romo cater your wedding is the best. People are still talking about how amazing the food turned out. My guest had a wonderful time. I loved the location- in the heart of Charleston, South Carolina.
  • W
    Whitney Married on 08/09/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Lowndes Grove is by far one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, so I feel very lucky to have been married there. The hospitality, customer service, and quickness in response are an added bonus. The catering by Fish is also out of this world. They book up quickly so if you want Lowndes as your venue act quickly and I promise it will be worth it!
    Jessica Married on 06/20/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We could not have picked a more perfect place to have our wedding. Lowndes Grove is definitely pricey, however for us, was worth every penny. The weather called for rain, and other than a roll of thunder during our ceremony, we never saw a drop of rain. Leading up to our wedding day, everyone at PPHG was helpful and responsive to emails and making any changes to our catering order that we had. Our sales managerSarah, and event manager Rachel were wonderful! We can't say enough how we had the most perfect wedding day, partly due to how beautiful the backdrop for it was. Thanks again PPHG.
    Jolie Married on 01/07/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Patrick Properties is an absolutely amazing company to work with. I planned my wedding from out of state and honestly it could not have been easier if we stayed in state. My event planner, Jackie, was so sweet and knew how to give me an easily put together absolutely beautiful wedding. I was a bride on a budget and was always treated with first class service. My wedding day is one I look back on with nothing but happiness. The River House at Lowndes Grove is the perfect place for a smaller wedding and the scenery is to die for. The catering from Fish was terrific and left nothing but fabulous comments about the food from my guests. I happened upon this venue by chance recommendation from a family friend and I could not have asked for a more perfect place!
  • User1479705 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    It's a beautiful location. The staff is professional and super helpful. They help you with every detail and go the extra mile to ensure your day is perfect. The venues is better than many we looked at not only because of the staff and the view, but they have many of the amenities that make having the event easy... tables, chairs, rooms on site... We uses the River House, the smaller venue on the property. It was homey and allowed plenty of room for dancing and dinner. It was just perfect!
  • User1108428 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We recently had our wedding at Lowndes Grove and could not have asked for a more perfect location. All of the girls working at Patrick Properties were so incredibly helpful throughout our planning process, we had such a great experience working with them. The house is absolutely stunning, and the views are magnificent. FISH, who does the catering, provided excellent service and amazing food. Our guests are still raving about Lowndes Grove, we HIGHLY recommend this venue!
    June Married on 05/25/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Beautiful spot! The staff was so helpful! The food was delicious!
    Katie Married on 04/14/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Made my dream come true!!! Classic, southern, sophisticated!!!

I can't wait to come back for anniversary's!

Katie
    Tricia Married on 09/10/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The River House at Lowndes Grove is the perfect spot for a small (50 - 70) people. The views are spectacular!
    Claire Married on 04/15/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Lowndes Grove sells itself as a venue, but what they don't sell well enough is their ability to customize their catering to be EXACTLY what you want, and more. I wanted a unique but flowing menu of spanish/mexican cuisine (for no real reason other than I love it)... and they absolutely nailed every dish. They customized dishes that already existed, and made up new ones to supplement where my choices were lacking. My mom wanted shrimp and grits which didn't fit my menu, so they spiced it up and changed it to fit into my theme. They customized blended mixed drinks that my mom wanted as well, which people literally fought over. They even nailed my favorite grilled corn recipe from a cuban place in New York. Absolute perfection.

The girls to work with (Shannon, Amber) and everyone else were extremely pleasant, professional and as accommodating as they could have been!
    Jess Married on 06/29/2018
    4.9 out of 5 rating
      4.5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We couldn't have asked for a better wedding venue. The plantation itself is stunning. The food is amazing!!! As a bride - you hear stories about how you never ever eat on your wedding day. Not with PPHG - they made sure that we had multiple trays of the passed appetizers and all of the courses. If I were to say one thing - the dinner service did go a bit long (we were an hour behind our schedule) leaving less time for dancing. But overall we had the best day & wouldn't have picked another location.
illustration stars