Lovely Bride Reviews

73 | Philadelphia, PA

73 Reviews for Lovely Bride

Kaitlyn B. · Getting married on 09/24/2022

Amazing experience all around!

I worked with Cara as my stylist! She was very helpful and kept things fun and exciting while I tried on gown after gown! She answered all my questions and was so sweet! Thanks to her I now have the perfect dress for my wedding!!

Sent on 04/06/2021
  • Diana

Diana A. · Married on 06/12/2021

Love Lovely Bride!

Thank you, Lovely Bride!

Searching for your wedding dress during a worldwide pandemic isn't ideal, but they made it SO much easier and fun! Not only did they make my mom and I feel safe, but they also have a wonderful selection of beautiful dresses. Some other bridal shops I went to were a bit pushy, but the staff at Lovely Bride were an absolute joy to work with, super knowledgable and helpful. I'm so happy to have found my dream dress with them. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 01/11/2021
  • Sydney

Sydney · Married on 05/22/2021

Great Experience

I loved working with lovely bride to find my dream dress! They were so helpful, and helped me find exactly what I was looking for!

Sent on 05/23/2021

Lovely Bride's reply:

Congrats Sydney! Thank you so much for your review! You look beautiful in your gown!
    Sincerely
    Ivy
    Owner
    Lovely Bride Philly

Leila · Married on 03/30/2021

Picking out a wedding dress is the most exciting and scary thing to do! Thankfully I was in the amazing hands of Ivy and her team at Lovely bride. I wanted a dress that had something a little different and made me feel amazing! I thought I would get a gown with some detail and ended up with a beautiful Rosa Clara dress with feathers and a ton of beading! I loved my experience throughout the dress shopping experience and coming back for accessories. I highly recommend Lovely bride who is looking for more of a boutique one on one experience with personal attention. Thank you to the Lovely Bride team for making it so fun and easy!

Sent on 06/07/2016
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/09/2020

Amazing experience

Lovely bride was the BEST dress shopping experience of all. Our consultant was so fun and made the experience so stressful free 🥰

Sent on 10/24/2020

Lovely Bride's reply:

Congrats!!! You look beautiful! So glad you had a great experience! Wishing you lots of newlywed bliss!

Sincerely
    Ivy
    Owner
    Lovely Bride Philly

Carmen P. · Married on 06/26/2020

Loved Lovely!!

I picked up my wedding dress last weekend and can say I had an amazing experience with Lovely Bride from start to finish! Both the stylist who helped me find my dress and the stylist I worked with for accessories really listened to what I wanted and I never felt pressure to go over budget. I wish I could go back and do it all again and would recommend Lovely Bride to any friend searching for their dream dress!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Lovely Bride's reply:

Congrats, Carmen! We are so happy for you! You will be a stunning bride! We loved working with you!

Giovanna · Married on 06/13/2020

Easy & Authentic Experience

I had a wonderful experience at the Lovely Bride! Amanda was my bridal consultant for both of my appointments. I loved both the online and in-person experience with the lovely bride. Not only was it easy to book appointments through the website, but I also received helpful follow-up emails after my appointments. While in the shop, Amanda was very attentive to my wants and needs. She pulled all the gowns I wanted to try and also helped me choose ones that I didn't see myself. She was sweet and respectful. Unlike my experience at other bridal shops, the lovely bride did not try to pressure me into buying a dress. Overall, great quality dresses, amazing service and easy online experience made my dress purchase easy and authentic.

Sent on 08/12/2019

Lovely Bride's reply:

Giovanna, we are so happy you enjoyed your experience with us! Amanda loved working with you! Congrats!!!
  • gina

Gina · Married on 10/26/2019

It was like shopping for dresses with my friends..

I can't get over the excellent experience I had at Lovely Bride Philadelphia. I visited the location twice, one to try on a few dresses, and one to pick mine up. I found a ton of stylish, fashion forward, different dresses by the designers I had been eyeing up for MONTHS. The girls were extremely helpful and honest and just so great to have a part of my experience. Lovely Bride is amazing!

Sent on 02/19/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 09/28/2019

For the bride who wants something a little different!

The dresses at Lovely Bride are amazing. I knew going into my wedding that I wasn't going to want a really traditional gown, so I decided to try Lovely Bride since I knew it was an indie wedding shop. I wound up going 3 different times before I settled on a dress because I was really torn between two that I loved. I finally decided on a MWL dress that was absolutely beautiful; a gown with a nude base that was the perfect balance of bridal and boho. Taylor helped me at each appointment and she was great. She was super sweet, knowledgable and helpful. She pulled awesome dresses for me. I would definitely recommend for any bride who wants something that will be bridal but still reflect their own style.

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/01/2019

Favorite wedding dress store by far!

Lovely Bride was absolutely amazing and I had the best experience with them! They did such a good job asking me the right questions to figure out what I liked and what I wanted (because I honestly had no idea!). The dresses they have in stock are great quality, and their selection is great! They also don't keep the dresses in bags so you can actually walk around and shop easily. I ended up buying a Made with Love dress from them!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Jenell

Jenell · Married on 05/11/2019

A great shop for all price ranges

I went to Lovely Bride Philly multiple times during my gown searching process and every single time was an awesome experience. Both Sarah and Ivy were GREAT - they didn't get frustrated with me for coming in so many times and genuinely seemed excited when I finally found the dress! I personally love Lovely Bride because they are one of the few that carry Limor Rosen and her work is outstanding. I went to a few of her trunk shows and I ended up choosing her Aria gown in a split size and had the bottom customized to be ivory. It was amazing! I also recommend Prim and Perverse for alterations - Courtney was great to work with.

Sent on 06/27/2019

Tori · Married on 03/30/2019

Comfortable and Special

Lovely Bride Philly was just that--Lovely! The boutique was comfortable and quiet, which felt more personal than some of the bustling salons I tried before. I was looking for a dress that was unique and edgy but wasn't exactly sure what I wanted. I worked with Ivy, who was an absolute dream. She made me feel comfortable while helping me narrow down and visualize what I wanted to feel like on my wedding day. It was like shopping with a trusted girlfriend who just happened to be an expert in all things bridal. Once I found my dress, Ivy suggested some great styling tips and brought the whole vision all together. If you are looking for an intimate shop to find a unique gown, do not pass up Lovely!

Sent on 05/11/2019

Marcy · Married on 12/31/2018

I had a wonderful experience with Lovely Bride Philly and their knowledgeable and friendly team. Their dresses are gorgeous and they have a great selection. I highly recommend!

Sent on 03/19/2018
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 12/29/2018

Jess was absolutely amazing!

I had such a wonderful experience with my wedding dress shopping and Jess at Lovely Bride played a huge part in that! She totally got my style and what was important to me in a dress, all while being completely respectful of my budget. She was absolutely amazing! The entire experience was just so personalized and felt so special for my mom, mother in law, and maids of honor. It was such special day and I will be forever grateful!! Thank you Kate McDonald for designing the dress of my dreams!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Brittany · Married on 12/08/2018

Lovely Bride was a hit!

I found my dream dress at Lovely Bride Philly! Sarah was wonderful to work with. She listened to my vision and brought all of the dresses that fit within my explanation. The dress came in quicker than I had expected. When I went to pick up my dress, I found the most beautiful diamond encrusted head piece to compliment my dress. Lovely Bride was a hit!

Sent on 01/20/2019
  • Lyra

Lyra · Married on 10/07/2018

Saved the Best for Last

My dress was perfect and my experience with Lovely was the reason why I loved it so. I bought my dress over a year before my wedding which sounds insane but I knew I had the time to search and I really searched. I looked at numerous designers and quickly realized what I liked and didn't. Then, I learned majority of places I was looking did not have the designers and style I was looking for; in came Lovely.
    I was in Philadelphia for a bridal shower last year and thought I'll make an appointment so my mom and I can go look. This was my 4th bridal shop searching but I was panicking because I still had plenty of time if I did not find what I was looking for. I gave my dress consultant my price range and she got to searching. She was honest with me and let me know one of the designers I was looking at started at my highest I would go. I tried on quite a few dresses in the hour and a half appointment, which was another reason I loved this place, and when my time was almost up I still had nothing I really loved. One final dress was brought in, which the hanger did nothing for, and she said I think you're going to love this. I put it on and before she pulled the curtain for my mom to see I exclaimed "this is it!" My mom saw it and agreed.
    Lovely has an amazing selection that is unique and with a variety of price ranges. If you want a dress that only a handful of people will wear, I can't recommend this place enough!

Sent on 10/15/2018
  • Katie Beth

Kate · Married on 09/29/2018

Great experience

Ivy is a genius at finding the right dress and making any type of bride feel super special. She was extremely patient with me - even though it took me 3 appointments to commit, she was upbeat, fun and friendly throughout it all. The dress arrived earlier than expected, and the whole process, from picking out what to try on to picking it up, was wonderful.

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 09/15/2018

Boho wedding dress of my dreams

Lovely Bride helped all of my boho dreams come true. As an out of town bride, I only visited the shop once with company and the other three times by myself. But I didn’t feel by myself because all of the women who work there are so fun and complimenting. Even though I had a wonderful dedicated attendant, several other girls at the store came in to join in on my experience. They really care about their brides and I seriously love everyone that works there!

Unlike my previous dress shopping experience in NYC at a different store, my girl at lovely completely understood my vision and pulled out several figure flattering styles that matched my vision and price point. This is was critical to success as I came from out of town and had a crew with me so I had to find the one! Although I loved every dress I tried on, I feel hard for the Rue De Seine poppy stardust and we all knew it was the one.

I think my favorite time was trying on accessories by myself ( ps- GO there for accessories). I had so much fun with the attendants as it was right after the royal wedding and was really feeling a tiara but boho. They had the perfect boho tiara for me as well as a second halo option I loved. Want to diversify your ceremony and reception look? Get two head pieces! I’ve included pictures from my photographers ( shout out M2) of my dress and both headpieces.

If you want to feel like a boho princess, lovely bride is the store for you. You won’t regret it!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Brittany · Married on 07/28/2018

I found the perfect dress at The Lovely Bride. The staff was really friendly and welcoming and helped me to find the dress that was absolutely perfect for me. I am so glad that I stumbled upon this adorable wedding dress shop in Old City, and I tell everyone I know that is getting married to check them out! Thank you!

Sent on 08/24/2018
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 06/02/2018

I had a wonderful experience at the Lovely Bride Philly and purchased the dress of my dreams there. I went to 12 dress stores and finally found the perfect gown at the Lovely Bride. Ivy was so patient and easy to work with and professional. She really knows what she is doing. She picked out the perfect gown, belt and veil for me. She knew what I wanted better than I did. I wasn't ready to commit the day I tried on my dress so she let me sleep on it and come back when I was ready. Everything was within my budget. I looked amazing at my wedding and I can't say enough great things. It was truly a lovely experience that myself, mom and mother-in-law enjoyed.

Sent on 08/22/2018

Barrett · Married on 08/11/2017

Lovely Bride is an amazing store for the bride who is looking for an untraditional gown by more boutique, boho designers. The store itself is beautiful and made for such a great experience. All of their dresses are in easy to browse racks in the middle of the store. The consultant brings you back into a personal room and you discuss budget and what you are looking for. Then the two of you browse the racks, which are full of so many amazing and unique gowns it makes it hard to choose! I worked with Julie who was so sweet and knowledgeable! She was more than happy to let me pick a few on my own and came up with so many great considerations. In the end I chose a beautiful Rue De Seine dress. I can't recommend both Lovely Bride and the designer Rue De Seine enough!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Luke · Married on 07/01/2017

I had a great experience with the Lovely Bride! I walked in not knowing what I wanted just knowing that I didn't want a strapless dress and their consultants walked me through a bunch of different styles only to decide that I did want a strapless dress! Ordering the dress was seamless, they delivered a dress that was under my budget, let me know when to come and pick it up and were very communicative about the process. They even provided recommendations for seamstresses to alter the dress (Courtney Alston did an amazing job).

Sent on 07/23/2017
  • Dolores Umbridge

Alyssa · Married on 06/23/2017

Smaller boutique with a good selection of dresses. Unfortunately after checking out 2 other places I was starting to narrow down the type of dress I was looking for. This place didn't have the style I was searching for, but the consultant gave me a few good dresses to try as close to what I was looking for that she could find. Most dresses, from my experience, seemed more soft, romantic, lace style. I was looking for more modern, bling, bold look. Not their fault, so I didn't knock any points. Consultant was sweet and didn't seem like she was trying to shoo me out because clearly I wasn't going to find my dress here. easy to make and appointment, and able to take pictures in the dresses.

Sent on 05/16/2016

Elyce · Married on 06/23/2017

Lovely was my one-stop shop for my wedding dress. After being very put off by other places in the area who scoffed at my $2,000 budget, Lovely was a breath of fresh air. My consultant was very sweet and knowledgeable. The selection they have is great! I even got a discount for attending during a trunk show for the designer I selected during my first visit when I bought the dress. I highly recommend Lovely Bride Philly!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Leonor · Married on 02/28/2017

Hi Guys thank you so much for everything you did for us!!!!

Sent on 03/31/2017