Love Bird Bridal Shop Reviews

Love Bird Bridal Shop 4
Love Bird Bridal Shop 5
  • Daphne

Daphne · Married on 07/21/2018

A bridal shop breath of fresh air!

Words cannot describe how wonderful the whole dress shopping experience was with Andi at Love Bird Bridal. I was hopelessly searching for a lace wedding dress that would arrive in time for my wedding in Greece last July (I began searching in February), but was told by many other bridal stores that I would have very limited selection since I needed at least 6-9 months to order a dress, let alone time for alterations. I felt as though I was being punished for having a short engagement! However, from the moment my best friend and I entered the Love Bird Bridal shop, I knew there was something special there. When I met Andi, I felt as though I was meeting one of my good friends who was also there to support and help me find a dress. She was extremely attentive and made me feel so comfortable and at ease during the whole process (unlike most of the other bridal stores I visited). I loved was that she worked with me to create a stunning semi-custom dress (including a beautiful custom veil and hair combs), with the tailoring expertise of Melissa Oddo (who I also recommend!), that was exactly what I wanted for my wedding day (and for MUCH less than a typical custom dress - believe me, I checked)! Andi assured me that she would help me get my dress in time for alterations before June and she delivered! Her attention to detail was right in line with my own expectations. I am beyond thrilled with my experience at Love Bird Bridal. If you are looking for a wedding dress along the Connecticut/RI shoreline, make an appointment with Love Bird Bridal! You won't regret it!

Sent on 02/16/2019

Kasey · Married on 09/08/2017

I wish I could give Andi 10 stars. I had gone to one bridal store before meeting with her because they carried a specific designer I was in love with. I hate trying clothes on in general so I wasn't overly excited about finding a dress. I had an okay experience with the shop, but the designer I was in love with was wayyy out of my price range. When I first met with Andi I explained the styles of dresses I tried on and still wasn't overly excited about the process. She has an eye for body shape and what dresses are complimentary to you. After showing her pictures of the dresses I was in love with (but couldn't afford) we began discussing how we could try and make my vision work. I also voiced that I wanted to use pieces of lace from my mothers dress and to incorporate somehow. Well needless to say she is my new BFF. We met multiple times and created my "dream" dress with my mother's dress and Andi's impeccable eye. She also added a sparkly belt and created a hair piece with the lace from my mom's dress as well. I received SO many compliments and was so happy with how it came out. Andi came to all of my alteration appointments and made the process so easy. I also got all of my bridesmaid dresses from her which also was pretty effortless. Andi's ability to make each experience personalized is what sets her apart from other bridal stores. You will not be disappointed trust me! You will be doing yourself a disservice by not going to her!

Sent on 10/16/2017
    Love Bird Bridal Shop 6
    Love Bird Bridal Shop 7
    Love Bird Bridal Shop 8
    Love Bird Bridal Shop 9
    Love Bird Bridal Shop 10

Emily · Married on 07/29/2017

I thought finding a wedding dress was going to be stressful and I was worried I was going to have a difficult time finding a dress that was my style. After searching online like crazy I came across Andi's shop and was excited as I read the reviews that I had found a hidden gem! I called Andi right away to make an appointment to try on wedding dresses for my big day. She got back to me quickly and I had an appointment a couples days later to try on wedding dresses for the first time. I was so excited as I walked up to Andi's shop the decor was what I had dreamed of but never knew existed. It was beautiful, sophisticated, sweet yet laid back just like Andi! Andi had selected several dresses for me to try on and suggested trying one in particular first. I put on the dress and was shocked...I absolutely loved everything about it!! I tried on several more but nothing topped the first dress. That was the dress!! I couldn't believe how on point Andi was the dress was everything I wanted. Andi had asked me about my wedding style and I told her boho, sophiscated, classic and rustic if that made any sense. Andi is truly a breathe of fresh air! She completely understood my style and personality and made every moment relaxed and fun. I couldn't wait to bring my Bridal party for their dresses! We had such a blast when I went back with the girls for them to try on bridesmaids dresses! We brought champagne, chatted and laughed as if we had known Andi for years. I felt at home, it was amazing to have the shop to ourselves with Andi finding the perfect style and fit for each of my bridesmaids. We had so much fun, we didn't want to leave! I couldn't have dreamt of a better experience. Andi has been there every step of the way; she is incredibly talented and her passion for her work is what makes her so amazing! I can't say enough truly my entire experience has been incredible and it's something I'll remember forever.

Sent on 07/10/2017
  • Elisabeth

Elisabeth · Married on 06/03/2017

The Love Bird Bridal shop was the best possible experience in buying a wedding dress. She had an amazing selection of dresses that were high quality at reasonable prices. Andi was so personable and helpful at every step of the way. She even helped set up the cleaning of the gown once the wedding was over. I was so happy with the whole experience. I would definitely recommend stopping by her shop!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/20/2017

I am so glad I went to Andi for my wedding dress. From the moment I walked into her shop I had a good feeling. She made me feel so at ease and during the entire process and everything turned out perfect. She was very accommodating and came to my fittings to make sure that the dress fit well and gave advice on what shoes and accessories I could wear with it. She made me a belt, garter and veil to go along with my dress. It all came together so well! Andi made the experience of finding a wedding dress so great and I trusted her opinions and designs. Thanks so much! I highly recommend Andi and her shop!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Renee · Married on 05/13/2017

Andi was amazing. I went in on a whim and it was her first sample sale ever, but she still treated me like I was the only bride in the room. She was honest, helpful and so thoughtful. She made the experience one I will always remember. Even after I bought and left with the gown she is still in contact with me helping me answering any questions that have come up as I approach the alteration process. I would highly recommend her to any bride even if you are not in the area, I am from Connecticut and it was worth the trip!!!

Sent on 02/13/2017

Lisa · Married on 12/03/2016

I can't say enough positive things about Andi and Andria Bird Bride. First of all, the studio is beautiful and tucked into such a cute corner of town. It's luxurious and a fun shopping experience. Andi has curated her collection of designers and dresses beautifully, and she knows so much about each designer and what could be available even if she doesn't have it in her store that day. I was fortunate enough to try on three dresses and fell in love with the third, but I had some changes I wanted to make and Andi helped me figure out exactly how to accomplish the look I wanted, offering suggestions but never being forceful. She also hand-made my custom belt, garter and veil, which bring my ensemble together perfectly. Andi herself is the kindest and most business-savvy boutique owner I've met. I'll be recommending all my friends and family - local or not- look to Andria Bird first when they're searching for their gowns! (She also has a selection of beautiful bridesmaids dresses that compliment the wedding gowns!) The only downside is I only plan to buy one wedding dress in this lifetime, but wish I could do it again just to return to Andi's shop!!!!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Gloria · Married on 11/06/2016

Andria Bird Bride offers the most intimate and special bridal experience. Andi is super knowledgable, kind and fabulously fun! As a bride who has a polyester allergy, it was nearly impossible for me to find a dress that was made of silk but didn't cost an arm and a leg. I tried on Wedding Dresses at the most 'prestigious' bridal salons in NYC and lots boutique shops in Boston, but once I stepped inside Andria Bird Bride, I knew I wanted my bridal experience to be with Andi. There are a wide variety of beautiful dresses to choose from and Andi really knows her stuff! She knows what will flatter your figure, what type of alterations you can make to a dress and what it will cost. Her shop is elegant, sweet and sophisticated and in the center of picturesque Downtown Newport. My favorite part of Andi's shop is her one of a kind, luxurious headpieces and veils. My veil was gorgeous! It was so unique and had beautiful teardrop crystals, carefully hand-sewn by Andi with care. Working with Andi was a special part of my wedding experience and I highly recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Samantha · Married on 10/01/2016

Couldn't say enough amazing things about this beautiful shop and it's lovely owner. I was planning a wedding in 6 months and obviously stressing about the dress. I called Andria Bird Bride and made an appointment and communicated my very limited time line. Andi assured me that I would not have a problem getting a dress in time for my wedding. When going to look at dresses she made sure to show me things that could be ordered in my tight timeline so I didn't fall in love with a dress that wouldn't be available for me. My mom and I both had such a great experience and Andi is truly invested in each bride and their happiness. I felt no stress about my dress because I knew that she had it covered. I am not a very picky person and really relied on her to help me make decisions (train length, veil length, adding buttons, etc) and she really made this entire experience so wonderful. Thank you-Thank you-Thank you!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Corie · Married on 10/01/2016

Andi was absolutely amazing to work with! Do not hesitate to set up an appointment at her shop (which is so cute & in an awesome location)! She went above and beyond for me beginning at day one and saw through everything including helping in the day of my wedding! Booking an appointment was easy and she was able to rush order my dress to make sure it came in early enough to do alterations. The whole process was amazing, she made me feel 100% comfortable and made sure my dress was as I envisioned it. I also had alterations done by Melissa whom was recommended by Andi and she was also fantastic and accommodating to work with! I could not be more grateful!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/24/2016

Andi is AWESOME! I had a really bad experience trying on dresses before visiting Andi, and she completely changed my mood on the whole thing. She was fun, low key, easy going, and has an amazing eye for what fit my body type. She also has amazing taste- I loved everything I tried on!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Emily · Married on 09/17/2016

I had such an amazing experience with Andi. I had gone to one salon prior to visiting Andi's, and was frustrated with my previous experience. I felt all the salon wanted was the commission. With Andi, I immediately felt comfortable and confident in the dresses, and trusted her expertise. Once I had purchased the beautiful gown, Andi came with me to my alterations appointment, and even gave me advice on what spanks, bra, and shoes to look at for the style of my dress. She personally added touches to my dress, including a beautiful belt and buttons. She made me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day, and I know I couldn't have done it without her.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Chelsea · Married on 08/27/2016

After going to a few different bridal shops, Andi's Boutique was a breathe of fresh air. Not only did she book a private appointment for us (complete with Mimosas in Mason Jars), she worked with exactly what I wanted and found the perfect dress. Andi measured me perfectly, causing my alterations to only entail a quick hem. Though they were minor alterations, Andi still found a seamstress for us and joined us for the fitting. Andi has gone above and beyond to make sure the entire dress process is enjoyable and stress free. She even made me a custom headpiece using pieces of my Mother's veil. I couldn't be happier with the entire process and will recommend her to anyone who asks. Schedule an appointment with her, you won't regret it.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Deanna · Married on 07/02/2016

Andi is a one of a kind wedding gown boutique owner. She will make sure you are comfortable and have a great experience whether it's designing your own head piece, garter, or sash for your dress. She has such a sweet personality that will brighten your day. Her gowns are so comfortable and absolutely gorgeous. There is no question. I have been in huge wedding gown shops and it's such a cold experience. Andi made me feel welcomed and so special!! It's so much fun designing your own wedding pieces with her!!! Don't miss this opportunity!!!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Melissa · Married on 11/21/2015

I discovered Andria Bird through my older sister when she was looking for a wedding dress. Watching Andi's attentiveness and dedication to helping my sister made it an easy choice for me when I started looking for my wedding dress. The dress shopping experience can be overwhelming but Andria Bird provided a relaxing atmosphere focusing on what my likes, dislikes, and desires were for my wedding day. I was amazed at all the different customization options she provided and loved making my dress unique!

Living 3,000 miles away from Newport and dealing with a military schedule Andi was always available when I had questions. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding dress shopping experience!

Sent on 02/17/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 11/07/2015

Working with Andi was an absolute pleasure. The intimacy of her boutique, her warm personality and extensive fashion background made choosing my dress a wonderful experience. Andi made a gorgeous halo I decided on last minute. All of her accessories are handmade and stunning. I consulted her on every accessory I chose - from my mother's earrings to the shoes and wrap I wore - because she is an expert in bridal fashion. And on the big day, I felt beautiful!! Thank you Andi!!

Sent on 01/15/2016

Simone · Married on 08/30/2015

I came to Andi feeling super overwhelmed after trying on way too many dresses at a previous bridal salon. Andi was so great at redirecting my search and honing in on what I envisioned for my wedding day. Her background in fashion should not be overlooked - she is truly qualified to help you find a dress to suit your need--or, in my case, to help create one! I loved the structured Dupioni silk top of one dress but the flowy chiffon skirt of another. Andi worked with Quality Alterations by Robin to make me a beautiful chiffon skirt overlay - it was perfect for our wedding on the beach! Her selection is well curated, featuring high quality materials from many understated domestic designers.

Sent on 11/22/2015

Tessa · Married on 08/22/2015

This is the most beautiful Bridal Shop in all of Rhode Island and probably all of New England. Andi is so helpful and friendly and gives every bride her undivided attention. The experience is intimate, as she only sees one bride at a time. Her Store has the most amazing natural light which makes trying on dresses a dream. Her selection of dresses is unparalleled. Andi also makes gorgeous bridal accessories and has an expert seamstress on hand for all of your alteration needs. She'll even help you seek out the perfect shoes and accessories for your big Day via Pinterest. This was such a great Wedding Dress Shopping experience. I highly recommend Andria Bird Bride. The Newport, RI Location is pretty spectacular as well.

Sent on 04/06/2014

I had heard amazing things about Andi and her beautiful shop, so when it came time to start looking for my dress I knew just where I wanted to look. When I arrived, I didn't have any idea what I was looking for, but being a designer myself I knew that I wanted something unique and made in the USA. Andi's boutique style shop was bright and comfortable and not packed tight with thousands of dresses. It made the process of finding the right dress much less overwhelming than I imagined. I loved that the selection was smaller then other shops, but that every dress was completely customizable. Andi asked me a few questions a was able to curate a prefect selection to try on, all while explaining that I could choose bits and pieces of several dresses to combine and have them made into something that fit my style perfectly. With her vision and amazing selection of accessories (she makes them all!) I was able to find the perfect dress! Andi was also able to take pieces from my grandmothers veil and make me the most amazing halo that matched my dress and style perfectly. I would highly recommend shopping at Andria Bird Bride to everyone! The experience was worry free, I never felt any pressure and working with her expert seamstress Robin brought everything together flawlessly. Thank you Andi!

Sent on 12/21/2015

M. · Married on 07/11/2015

I searched all over the place for the perfect dress and I found nothing that worked. I was fed up with dress shopping until I walked into Andria Bird Bride. The selection of dresses here were so unique compared to the other bridal stores I went to. I told the owner, Andi what I was looking for and she helped me find dresses that catered to my style. She was very knowledgeable about each designer and their dresses. She was also good at altering the dresses I tried on so they looked the way they were supposed to!!

The overall ambience of the shop also adds to the dress shopping experience as well. It is located on Thames Street in a quaint building and feels very cozy and sweet.

I finally said yes to the dress here! Thank you Andi!!!

Sent on 09/20/2014

Kristin · Married on 07/03/2015

I feel so lucky to have found Andi to help me through the crazy process of finding a wedding dress! Andi is incredibly smart, laid-back, honest, and creative. From the start, she had great recommendations to help my look come together. She also personally created a beautiful belt, veil, and headpiece based on my style and her awesome recommendations. She was flexible, helpful, and available whenever I had a question, from when I first bought my dress 11 months ago to the weeks leading up to my wedding. I would recommend Andi to anyone looking for a beautiful dress and a wonderful overall experience!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Julianna · Married on 05/23/2015

Andria is wonderful! She is kind, knowledgable, and instantly makes you feel comfortable. Her shop though small has a wide range of dress selections. Something in every style and with her background in fashion, she knows how each dress is made and can help you make changes to customize. She's making me a gorgeous customized belt! She even suggested I bring glasses and champaign to celebrate my dress. Love it! I recommend everyone go to see her.

Sent on 12/05/2014

After chatting with Andrea for a few minutes, she made one phone call and helped me get the last dress available in my size and shipped it all the way from RI to California! She is a great listener and truly loves helping brides! Thank you Andrea! : )

Sent on 09/01/2014

Andi is amazing- full of ideas and abilities to make a look custom-fitted to any bride. She goes out of her way to make you feel welcome and valued as a customer, recommends the greatest vendors to help along the way, and her shop is adorable. It is such a relief to find a great small, independent, clean and customer centered dress shop.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Andria Bird Bride rocks!!! The shop is gorgeous, the collection is beautiful and Andria's calm and confident way is so helpful in choosing the right dress. Andi does not oversell her dresses. She is honest and thoughtful. I had been looking for dresses for a couple of weeks and feeling like I was never going to find a dress I was in love with. Andi called me after my initial visit to let me know she was having trunk show and the designer was perfect for me. She was ABSOLUTELY right! I had trouble deciding because there were so many gorgeous dresses in the collection. I appreciated the phone call and was so impressed that Andi was so spot on with my style and what I was looking for. Andi only sells American made dresses and has a few eco minded designers in her collection. I was so happy to spend my money at a small local business operating with consciousness. Every step of the process was laid back, yet professional. I would send my best friend to Andi. I am so grateful that our paths crossed.

Sent on 10/27/2014