Louisa's Homemades Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Anna
    Anna P. Married on 05/28/2022

Beautiful + delicious!

Jessica was so great to work with! She worked through all of our ideas to make the perfect cake for us. Not only was it delicious but she's so artistically talented as well. The cupcakes were also a hit.
    Cassidy O. Married on 05/07/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Best Wedding Cakes in Richmond!

Jessica was so great to work with! She brought my vision for our wedding cake to life and made it look so elegant and beautiful! Plus, it tasted absolutely amazing and we got rave reviews from our guests. Additionally, she was always helpful and responsive to any questions we had and the tasting process was fun and easy. I would HIGHLY suggest contacting Louisa's Homemades for your wedding, you won't be disappointed!
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 04/23/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The BEST cake and desserts!

I am still blown away by Jessica's ability to create such a delicious cake and desserts for us! We opted to do a small cake with our dog on it (that she handmade) with lemon bars and chocolate chip cookies. Everything was such a huge hit and Jessica was always to accommodating and created the most perfect cake for us!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Alexxis O. Married on 03/09/2022

Amazing cake!

The entire experience with Jessica was awesome! We couldn't have asked for anything better! The cake was beautiful and tasted AMAZING! Thank you so much for helping to make our day special! Hands down, the best cake we have EVER had.
  • Taylor
    Taylor W. Married on 02/12/2022

Choose Louisa’s Homemades!!

Jessica is incredible! She is always available to answer questions, provide suggestions and information!! From the beginning with the tasting to the day of the wedding she was fabulous!! She needs more than 5 stars!!
  • Allie
    Allie P. Married on 01/29/2022

Hidden Gem in Richmond!

Jessica is the absolute best. She brought our wedding and groom’s cake dreams to life. I only gave her a couple of inspirational pictures to go off of and she 100% nailed it. Not only did the cakes look absolutely beautiful, but they tasted even better. I highly recommend the almond cake flavor…I still can’t get over how good!
    Ashlee C. Married on 12/18/2021

Absolute Perfection

Working with Jessica, the owner of Louisa's Homemades, was an absolute dream! We used her to design and bake our glam winter wedding cake. Not only was the cake absolutely delicious and moist, Jessica herself was fantastic. As a COVID bride, with a wedding reschedule, I ended up working with and communicating with many vendors. And I must say, many vendors leave a lot to be desired in the communication department (even if their skill is excellent). But not Jessica. From the moment I reached out to her, and throughout the entire process she was perfection—highly communicative, quick to respond, on top of the follow-ups, and more. I could not recommend her enough!!! If you don't believe me, send her an inquiry and schedule a tasting, you will see that she and her cakes are the real deal—you will not regret it!
    Maddie B. Married on 12/04/2021

Delicious Cake, Gorgeous Design

Jessica was fantastic start to finish - we did the initial cake tasting kit and LOVED everything, and Jessica was super flexible and responsive in helping us go from their to design our cake flavors with our favorites from a few different tasting options. It was exactly what we wanted, and it was the best wedding cake we’d ever tried! We went back for a second piece the day after our wedding and froze the rest for our anniversary.

I was vague with Jessica in terms of the design I wanted: just an elegant and not tacky Hokie-Themed sweetheart cake with a smeared color design. She took the inspiration and ran with it to make it even more beautiful than I could have imagined! We got tons of compliments on how she helped us incorporate our alma mater in such a classy way!
  • Ryan
    Ryan B. Married on 11/14/2021

Beautiful wedding cake!

Louisa's Homemade was such a lovely vendor to work with! They were so flexible and worked with us to find the best wedding cake flavors. She was very responsive and easy to work with. The carrot cake and cream cheese was a crowd favorite - simply the best. If you are in the Richmond area - you cannot go wrong with her!!
    Bennett K. Married on 11/13/2021

Beautiful and Delicious!

Jessica is the best! She was very accommodating and flexible with the tasting. The cake was delicious and all of our guests loved the dessert bar! So many great choices! And she adding in our little pup to the cake at the last minute and its one of my favorite details of the whole day!
    Emily H. Married on 10/30/2021

Beautiful Wedding Cake

I can’t recommend Louisa enough. She created a beautiful and delicious cake/cupcake combination for our wedding day!
  • Olivia
    Olivia T. Married on 10/29/2021

Fantastic Experience and Amazing Cake

Best cake hands down in the richmond area down from the design, professionalism, and the taste. Our guests were all raving about Jessica’s amazing wedding cake. She was very responsive and worked with us through the entire process. Just an overall talented baker as well, will definitely be recommending Louisa’s Homemades to anyone in need of a wedding cake.
    Mary A. Married on 10/16/2021

Perfectly delicious!

Totally what we wanted and the cake was absolutely delicious. Jessica was wonderful to work with!
  • Megan
    Megan F. Married on 10/09/2021

Incredible wedding cake & cupcakes

My husband and I used Louisa's Homemades for our wedding. We ordered a two-tier cake and nine dozen cupcakes. Both the cake and cupcakes were beyond incredible -- the flavors, textures, and overall tastes exceeded our expectations for our wedding cake. Jessica was responsive, flexible, and listened to exactly what I envisioned for the design of the cake. She also made cake tasting during a pandemic easy with her to-go boxes of cupcakes, which we loved so we could taste over the course of an afternoon and share with our families. Not only would I recommend Jessica to family and friends, but I also plan on using her in the future for any related events!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 10/09/2021

Great job!

She did a great job! Everything was delicious and she was easy to work with. I was happy with my cake design. It looked like the picture. I would recommend her!
  • Sara
    Sara C. Married on 10/03/2021

Wonderful!

Jessica was great to work with! From start to finish, the process was seamless. Our cake turned out beautiful and perfect. Not to mention the texture and flavor of her cake was by far the best both myself and my husband tasted! If you are looking for someone to take a little pressure off of what could be a stressful/busy time in your life, trust Jessica to make your cake!
    Jamie M. Married on 10/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Professional, artistic & delicious!

Recently we used Louisa's for our 10-year vow renewal cake and I am so glad we secured her! Our guests absolutely loved the cake and gushed over how gorgeous and detailed it was. We couldn't have asked for a better vendor to help make our cake wishes come true and fulfill our vision for the evening!
    Angela O. Married on 09/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent service, beautiful and delicious cake!

Jessica was amazing to work with for the creation of the wedding cake for our microwedding. My husband and I live out of town, and Jessica was very accommodating in terms of picking up tasting box. Everything was delicious! We had a hard time choosing flavors because everything was moist and flavorful, and Jessica helped guide us. Jessica seamlessly worried with our florist to match the cake flowers toy bridal bouquet. On the day of our outdoor wedding, we were caught at the venue in a flash flood warning. Jessica promptly communicated that she was working to deliver the cake and she was actually early! Jessica towed the cake safely into the garden with a smile despite the pouring rain. She really went above and beyond for us, and I really appreciated the effort, attention to detail, and excellent communication! Also, I want to mention that Jessica never treated us differently because of our small cake order for our microwedding. It was great to still feel special!
  • Richard
    Richard S. Married on 06/26/2021

Excellent!

Great communication, responsiveness and flexibility. Highly recommend and will use again!
    Ashlee S. Married on 06/26/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Grooms cake and wedding cutting cake

So easy to work with, cakes were DELICIOUS, and beautiful!!
    Bella P. Married on 06/19/2021

Highly Recommend!

Working with Jessica for my wedding cake was such a wonderful experience! She was easy to get in touch with to ask questions, figure out the details, and sign a contract. Most importantly, my wedding cake was absolutely delicious (lemon cake, raspberry filling, and vanilla buttercream) and beautiful! All of my guests were so impressed! I am so glad that I chose to work with Jessica. She created the cake of my dreams!
    Sydney S. Married on 06/05/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Talented cake and bakery artist!

We are so happy we went with Louisa's Homemades, which was recommended to us by our wedding planners from Water & Wine VA. Jessica, the owner of Louisa's Homemades, was extremely responsive and helpful - I'm the type of person that had 100 questions, and she made it so easy to feel comfortable moving forward with her as our bakery vendor.

Moreover, we got married on a very hot day and she was incredibly flexible with delivery time. She was willing to accommodate a last minute delivery time shift so we received the cake, cookies, and gluten-free cupcakes during the room flip after the ceremony and before the reception. She used my florists's live flowers to decorate the cake and it looked exactly like the example photo I was hoping to replicate.

Highly recommend her to help make your wedding day perfect!
  • Melanie
    Melanie L. Married on 05/30/2021

Highly Recommend!

Louisa's Homemades is such a dream to work with! Over the past year, the owner and I had been exchanging ideas, design inspo, setting up cake tastings (more than once because they were so delicious), and ultimately changing our plans a few times due to COVID. Throughout the entire process, she was flexible, patient and quick to send recommendations to accommodate our revised guest counts, including guests with food allergies and other dietary restrictions. Jessica is extremely professional and dependable, and goes above and beyond for her clients. Our cake + cupcakes were perfectly elegant and delicious. Her work is incredible. I’ll continue to recommend Louisa’s Homemades to all brides-to-be! Looking forward to working with her again this year!
    Jessica H. Married on 05/28/2021

Beautiful and Delicious

Not only did our wedding cake look incredible, the cake tasted amazing with the brown sugar buttercream filling. Jessica was so great to work with and truly fulfilled our dream wedding cake. I just wish there was more to eat! Thank you so much! I cannot recommend you enough!
    Brooke B. Married on 05/22/2021

Phenomenal!

My wedding cake (funfetti with buttercream and a vanilla filling) was beautiful and absolutely delicious! The mini cupcakes were phenomenal as well. Personal faves- strawberry with cream cheese and chocolate with peanut butter icing. Pleasant to work with, fairly priced, and delivered on time. Highly recommend!
illustration stars