Louisa's Homemades Reviews

25 | Richmond, VA

25 Reviews for Louisa's Homemades

• Gabrielle

Gabrielle Breven · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Best decision you'll ever make!

I would absolutely recommend Jessica! My experience with Louisa's Homemades was exceptional. This was my second time utilizing her services, and I will return for all my cake needs in the future! The cake was above and beyond my expectations. My guests LOVED it!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Tally

Tally Botzer · Married on 02/22/2020

Perfect Dessert Bar

Jessica made us an amazing cutting cake and dessert bar, with mini cupcakes, cookies, lemon bars, and other treats. We way over-ordered (out of paranoia, plus we had a few no-shows because of illness and weather), but we barely had any leftover desserts--our guests had demolished them.

We were a last minute add, too, and we lucked out because of our off-season date. Originally we were going to get an assortment of desserts from a grocery store, but looking at Lousia's Homemades' prices, it was honestly more cost-effective to order from her. And she delivered and set everything out beautifully!

Start to finish, we had an amazing experience, and would 100% recommend to anyone looking for personalized and delicious desserts at a totally reasonable rate!

Sent on 03/06/2020

cheyenne · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing and delicious!

Jessica is great! Our cake was delivered on time and looked beautiful! She even set it up and the cupcakes when my husband said he had no clue what was going on lol. And everyone agreed the cupcakes were absolutely DELICIOUS.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Marie · Married on 11/02/2019

Jessica was awesome to work with. Our wedding cake was exactly as discussed. We also had 6 different flavored cupcakes, which everyone loved.

Would highly recommend Louisa's Homemades. Loved the lemon cake with lemon icing. Everyone attending also loved the variety of cupcake flavors we chose. Only wish we'd ordered extra so we'd have leftovers! Will be ordering our one year anniversary cake from Jessica next November!

Sent on 11/23/2019

Taylor · Married on 10/20/2019

Amazing 10/10

We could not have asked for a more amazing cake and cupcakes for our wedding. Our guests loved it and the customer service was phenomenal. Would definitely recommend to anyone getting married or any special occasion.

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Allison

Allison Throckmorton · Married on 10/19/2019

Definitely recommend!

Louisa's Homemades provided us with a beautiful wedding cake and delivered exactly what we wanted. It was also delicious! Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 10/23/2019

Caitlin · Married on 10/19/2019

Our wedding dessert

We could not have had a better experience with Jessica at Louisa’s Homemades. So amazing to work with. We had a small cake and cupcakes and both were DELICIOUS. It was such a joy to work with her and I am so thankful we found her!!

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Jaime

Jaime Markham · Married on 09/28/2019

Hit it out of the park!

We did a tasting with Louisa’s and we were sold due to the variety of options and how delicious everything was as well as Jessica’s desire to make our vision come to life. She made us a small cutting cake, a grooms cake, 4 varieties of cupcakes and 3 varieties of cookies for our dessert bar. When we went to cut our cakes, all of the cupcakes and cookies were already gone with the cake also disappearing quickly with our guests! She was also professional, amazing to work with and is quite the artist with her creations. We will definitely use her again for other events!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Alisa

Alisa · Married on 09/21/2019

Wonderful Desserts!

Jessica is very pleasant and flexible to work with. She was able to customize our cutting cake and mini cupcakes just how we wanted to every detail. Her cakes/cupcakes not only taste amazing but her artistic ability makes them very aesthetically pleasing as well. I would definitely recommend Louisa's Homemades.

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Mary

Mary Niezgoda · Married on 08/10/2019

Absolutely Delicious!

Hiring Jessica with Louisa's Homemades was one of the easiest decisions we made throughout the wedding planning process!

From our initial email, Jessica was very professional and responsive, working with her was a breeze. Her amazing flavors literally were the cherry on top!

Our guests devoured our dessert table, her lemon bars and mini key lime pies were the biggest hit at our summer wedding. We can't wait to hire her again!

Sent on 08/24/2019
  • Celia

Celia Rose Pringle · Married on 06/01/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Jessica made my dream cake for my wedding. I had a vision, and she helped it come to life! The cake flavors were amazing, and so fresh tasting. Thank you so much!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Jordan · Married on 06/01/2019

Great Quality

The cake was beautiful & was so good.

Sent on 06/05/2019

Meagan · Married on 06/01/2019

Loved my cake!

Totally nailed the vision I had for my small scale 2 tier wedding cake! It also tasted as wonderful as it looked! If you’re searching for a baker for your wedding, search no more!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Julie Roland · Married on 01/12/2019

My cake vision created perfectly.

Had a great experience with Louisas Homemades. The cake was delicious and looked amazing. It was buttercream frosting which tasted delicious and looked just as good as fondant which looks good but not edible to me.

Sent on 03/08/2019

Jennifer · Married on 11/04/2018

Perfect wedding vendor!

Beautifully made cake and cupcakes for my wedding! After my tasting we loved her baking so much that we also ordered a cake for my mother's birthday which was a huge hit as well!

Nicole Sawulski · Married on 09/22/2018

Loved working with her!

I contacted Louisa's Homemades with only about a week prior to my event, she was super helpful and accommodating. The cupcakes were gorgeous AND delicious! Will definitely use again and highly recommend!

Sent on 03/08/2019

Vannitty · Married on 09/08/2018

Wedding and Birthday Cake

I had a cake tasting for my wedding and the samples were amazing and absolutely beautiful! I booked her for my wedding and I also had her make my daughters cake and cupcakes for her birthday! I could not recommend a better person to bake for your special day!

Tom Siebers · Married on 07/15/2018

Nothing but good things to say! Excellent!

Louisa's Homemades provided cupcakes and cakes for our wedding in July 2018. The tasting before the event was an excellent and fun experience in itself. Furthermore, everything was perfect on our wedding day and we didn't have to worry about a thing. The cakes were amazing and everyone loved them! Thank you so much!

Sent on 03/06/2019
  • Tyler

Tyler Siebers · Married on 07/15/2018

Best Experience with a Vendor

Louisa's Homemades was the perfect fit for our wedding! She was super easy to work with and made everything that was in my head come alive. I was able to give a brief description of what I was looking for, send a few pictures, and she used her talents to make it even better than what I was thinking it could be! There were so many flavors and options to choose from, and she was really willing to help figure out what would be best for both our budget and the guests attending. We even had a gluten free and vegan options for our guests with allergies. I LOVE all of their sweet treats, and will definitely use them again in the future for other occasions!

Sent on 03/14/2019

Claire · Married on 06/23/2018

A perfect cake experience for my wedding

I absolutely loved my cake and experience with Louisa's Homemades. Jessica worked with me when I changed my mind a few times and gave great recommendations to choose a cake style and flavor best suited for my wedding. My guests all commented on how good the cake tasted and how lovely the presentation was.

Tammy Bartlett · Married on 10/14/2017

Excellent service

Jessica had taken the time to listen to our desires for a wedding cake for my daughter. This was her first 3 tier wedding cake she’s made and itt was absolutely awesome perfect and delicious!

Sent on 02/19/2019

Josie · Married on 09/12/2015

Best. Cake. Ever for the Best Day Ever

Thanks to Jessica we had the best cake for the best day! Highly recommended! Won’t gp anywhere else for future cake needs!

Sent on 02/19/2019

Jeanie · Married on 06/06/2015

Amazing to work with and such a beautiful and delicious cake!

Louisa's was amazing to work with. She was always extremely responsive. The cake was not only beautiful, but our guest raved at how delicious it was too!

Sent on 12/09/2019

MaryJo Gearles · Married on 07/19/2012

Cake Smash Success

Jessica was very professional and the quality of her cake is outstanding. Great taste and customer service. I highly recommend her company.

Sent on 03/06/2019

MADISON · Married on 06/30/2019

Perfection

Jessica baked to perfection! Not one single cupcake made it home! Highly recommended, exceptional customer service, very professional.

Sent on 07/05/2019