Lorena Even Makeup Artist & Hairstylist Reviews

21 | Mandeville, LA

21 Reviews for Lorena Even Makeup Artist & Hairstylist

Jennifer · Married on 04/02/2016

Lorena was INCREDIBLE! The communication was great, she was professional, fun, and great to work with. I would whole heartedly recommend her for your make-up/hair needs.

Sent on 04/04/2016

Pamela · Married on 10/10/2015

Lorena Even is THE BEST! I could not have asked for a better hair stylist and makeup artist for my wedding day! Lorena provided me with a trail run/consultation prior to the wedding and I knew instantly that I had made the correct choice for hair and makeup. She is professional, extremely talented, and so kind! For my wedding, Lorena came to my home and provided hair and makeup services for me, my 2 (now) stepdaughters, my sister, my niece, and my best friend. Everyone looked AMAZING and all of our hair and makeup lasted all evening with no problems. Lorena offers natural or airbrushed makeup and can style hair in any way a girl might dream up. I decided on a more traditional look for my hair and my 2 teenage stepdaughters came up with newer, trendy styles...Lorena nailed them all! I highly recommend Lorena Even for weddings or any other special event!

Sent on 03/16/2016

Samantha · Married on 09/06/2015

Lorena was absolutely wonderful. She did my trial run in May and I absolutely loved it, and then when it came to the wedding day she was able to exactly recreate it, which isn't easy because my already long hair was down to the bottom of my back by then.

I had a large wedding party and people getting their hair AND makeup done... myself, 7 bridesmaids, a flower girl, and two mothers, and for that amount of people and the high quality of work that was done I felt as if the price was more than reasonable (including trial). Since we had so many she did bring another stylist to help with the other ladies' hair, and they were both very professional. We finished right on time and the makeup was flawless on everyone all night long.

Sent on 03/15/2016

Leslie · Married on 04/27/2013

Lorena was a pleasure to work with! On my wedding day she did my make-up, the mothers make-up and the bridesmaids hair. She spent a good portion of the day with us and made us look spectacular on my wedding day. My make-up was flawless and I did not have to touch it up at all during the day. She listened to what we wanted and did an amazing job on everyone that she worked on. She was very professional and I would recommend her and her services to anyone looking to use her.

Sent on 10/17/2013

maren · Married on 04/20/2013

Lorena was a pleasure to work with from the first day I spoke with her. She provided information I requested promptly and was very fair in price compared to other salons. She came to our hotel suite and spent all day with us, not only was she polite and friendly to our family and friends, she was incredibly talented! Everyone looked terrific. Each girl had a completely different style and she was able to accomodate everyone's wishes. I couldn't have been happier and she made my wedding day a breeze. Thanks, Lorena!

Sent on 04/29/2013

Amy · Married on 03/03/2013

I booked my date with Lorena online and we didn't even meet until the day of my wedding. She showed up to my hotel room on time and got started right away. She was very nice, easy to talk to and did a fantastic job with me and my bridesmaids. The airbrush makeup I had was stunning and really did last all day with no touch ups. It's practically unheard of for me since I tend to have very oily skin. My hair was beautiful and the curls lasted all day as well! I'm very happy with everything she did and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a good hair and makeup artist!

Sent on 04/05/2013

Lauren · Married on 11/10/2012

Lorena did my bridal hair...along with all of my bridesmaids hair. We were all thoroughly impressed! She can do so much....she is a very talented lady! Super sweet and fun to work with...Lorena is a great choice! She costs less than the hair salons...but she actually comes to you on-location...and she's just as good, if not BETTER, than the people in the salons! She would definitely be the best choice....I wouldn't change my decision to use her even if I could! She made our getting ready process run so smoothly...and on our wedding day, that was SO important! She's punctua;...keeps in touch with you...and makes you feel completely comfortable in your decision to hire her for your event! I did more than one trial run for my hair because I was indecisive...and she was flexible and willing to work with me so that I felt comfortable with my look for my wedding! My maid of honor was so impressed that she has actually hired Lorena now too for her own wedding! Can't wait to see Lorena again soon when I'm in my friends wedding...and this time we will be getting our hair and makeup done! I'm so excited! Give Lorena a call if you want beauty and perfection on your big day...without paying the high premium salon costs!

Sent on 11/29/2012

Robyn · Married on 11/03/2012

Lorena was amazing to work with. I came to her with a nonsensical description of how I would like my hair on my wedding day and she seemed to immediately understand and styled my hair beautifully. Similarly, I basically mentioned a color for my make up and she went from there.

As far as flexibility goes, I would give her a 10/5 if I could. She drove over an hour to the site of my wedding, accommodated all of our beauty needs. She did this all gracefully with my nervous dogs circling our feet after they had been expelled from the kitchen where they were bothering the caterers.

Everything was beautiful, there were many compliments received, I was totally happy with Lorena. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/16/2012
  • Efia

Efia · Married on 10/20/2012

Lorena and her associate, Jessica, made me and my bridesmaids look so beautiful on my wedding day!

Lorena is easy to work with, friendly, professional and way talented. She offered great suggestions to make my hair look extra special, and was able to make my bridesmaids' hair look just like I had envisioned it. She was also able to work the wide gamut of hair types - from shoulder-length to waist-length; fine and straight to curly and thick - our wedding party had it all, and Lorena and Jessica knew exactly how to work witih each person's hair.

The makeup was STUNNING! I had not considered airbrush makeup until I looked at Lorena's website, and I am so glad I chose it. My makeup looked flawless, my skin was glowing and it looks so pretty in pictures.

Lorena does beautiful work. It was a joy to have her there on my special day. Oh, also, she is very organized, and even though we had one extra person decide to get makeup done at the last minute, Lorena and Jessica were flexible and still had ALL of us ready on time.

Sent on 11/24/2012
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 08/26/2012

PICK HER! She will have you looking and feeling beautiful. So easy to work with and unbelievably talented at what she does. Get the airbrush make-up. With it and Lorena's hair styles, your look will last throughout the night.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Liliana · Married on 07/09/2012

Lorena was wonderful, very professional and talented. I'm choosy and not easy to please in this area. She managed to get the exact look I had requested. She traveled to our destination as I would not have anyone else do my hair and make up on that special day.

Sent on 01/08/2013

Tyler · Married on 06/16/2012

Lorena did my hair and make-up for my wedding. I have never felt so beautiful! We did a trial run before hand just so I would be comfortable with my choice on my wedding day. Lorena was on-time and prepared for everything! When she did my hair and make-up day of the wedding, I was nervous and jittery, but she helped me calm down by taking my mind off anything stressful! I looked beautiful, all thanks to Lorena! She's the best!

Sent on 06/27/2012

Britni · Married on 03/17/2012

Lorena did air brush make up for me and 4 bridesmaids, and it was perfect. I have very uneven skin with a lot of redness due to rosacea, but I looked flawless on my wedding day. It looked very natural and the pictures are gorgeous. I did made up trial runs with a few other people who did air brush make up and Lorena was the best. She is also one of the better-priced air brush make up artists. She came to the wedding venue to do the make up, which is also great because we didn't have to worry about going to a salon. I highly recommend her services!

Sent on 04/21/2012
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 11/11/2011

I really love Lorena! Not only is she a true artist and excellent at what she does, she is a great person too! You show her anything you want done to your hair and she does her best to make it happen! My hair is very hard to deal with too and she really took the time and made me feel like a beautiful princess and my wedding photos prove it!

The makeup too was excellent! Any changes that needed to be done she took the suggestions and made it even better! I will definitely go to her for any events I have in the future even if it's just a night out on the town! She is great!

Sent on 11/21/2011

Erin · Married on 06/12/2011

My wedding was on a Sunday and I was having trouble finding someone who would do hair and make-up on a Sunday. I saw Lorena listed on my reception venue's website and contacted her. I am so happy I found her! She did an awesome job on my hair and make-up as well as styling hair for my bridesmaids and flower girls. I thought everyone looked beautiful! She did exactly what I wanted for my hair and make-up even though I changed my hairstyle just slightly from our trial appointment. She also helped me come up with a schedule/timeline to get everyone finished in time for pictures. She is professional, great at what she does, and fun to work with!

Sent on 06/28/2011

Patricia · Married on 06/03/2011

I had a wonderful experience with Lorena, she did a consultation for me, I wasn't sure what to do with my hair. The the whole wedding party got make-up and hair done with her. She created a very relaxing yet professional atmosphere for me, being that I was nervous. She was absolutely great!

I look at my pictures and think...I couldn't had made a better choice that using Lorena!

Sent on 06/27/2011
  • *Jess*

Jess · Married on 05/14/2011

I cannot say enough about how great the services I received from Lorena were. She was great. I had a hair trial with her about 5 months out from my wedding. She was very friendly and listened carefully to all my ideas. She did an excellent job for my hair trial so I booked her services. But because I am very indecisive I changed my mind a million times about how I wanted my hair and makeup the day of. Lorena was always responsive to my many emails and open with her opinions. I decided to go with a completely different look the day of the wedding from what we had done at the trial, and she did it exactly the way I wanted. I had so many compliments on my hair and makeup. I would definitely recommend her to any bride who wants to feel beautiful and confident on her wedding day. Lorena is great and very professional.

Sent on 05/25/2011

Maricruz · Married on 10/02/2010

I cannot say enough AMAZING things about Lorena! She deserves at 10, not a 5! She did my make-up and hair for my wedding and I've never felt so beautiful! When I first met her I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted for my "look," and she very patiently did several styles in the course of two appointments to help me figure it out. Her prices are extremely reasonable/affordable. She also did hair/make-up for most of my bridesmaids and both of our moms. Everyone was very pleased with her work. Since I wanted to be a two-hair styled bride she came back after the ceremony to put my hair up and re-touch my make-up. It was great! She's extremely professional and talented. From after the first trial session with her I knew she would make me look exactly how I wanted to look for my day, and I can never express how comforting that was.

Sent on 12/12/2010

Carol · Married on 09/19/2010

Lorena did hair and make-up for my mom and I on my wedding day and she was amazing!! I had her do a trial run for my hair and make-up and she remembered exactly what we had agreed upon and she did a great job on my mom's as well even though she didn't practice first. She really does a great job of knowing what looks good with your skin tone, hair color, and eye color! Also, my wedding was on a Sunday and I was having a difficult time finding a salon open that morning so it worked out perfectly that she was able to come to the venue and do everything on-site. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/15/2010

Cathy · Married on 10/29/2011

Lorena did the hair and make-up for me, my mom, and three of my bride's maids at my wedding last October. My wedding was in Covington, LA at the First United Methodist Church and she worked with us conveniently on-site in the church dressing room. We all looked beautiful and each one had her own unique look. I had airbrush make-up and love that I looked flawless. Lorena was a pleasure to work with and a special part of our wedding pictures and memories.

Sent on 05/28/2012
  • Patrice

Patrice · Married on 11/08/2014

Lorena made me look and feel like a glowing bride on my wedding day. We originally agreed that three hours would be enough time to get all the ladies ready, but the week of the wedding she asked for an additional hour. This definitely threw off our timeline, but I tried to accommodate. Nevertheless, like a typical wedding day, we arrived about 30 minutes late but Lorena still managed to get everyone ready in time for formal pre-ceremony photos. She made sure I was done first so I could leave and start things off with the fist-look. I had my hair and airbrush makeup done; my sister-in-law had hair and regular makeup done; and my maid of honor and mother-in-law had regular makeup done.

Sent on 12/08/2014