Long Meadow Ranch Reviews

16 | Saint Helena, CA

16 Reviews for Long Meadow Ranch

• Jonathan

Jonathan Munz · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing wedding venue that offered turn-key service

Farmstead hosted our wedding in May 2019 and we were so happy with everything they offered. From the professional staff we worked with to the impeccable food and location, we wouldn't have changed a thing! The venue offers so many different locations for ceremonies as well as different packages that will fit your needs. The ability to have the wedding both inside and outside allowed us to utilize the fantastic weather but also keep the party going late night in the barn. Even though there is a restaurant right next door, the entire wedding felt private and the space/view is top notch.

Sent on 06/01/2019

Long Meadow Ranch's reply:

Hi Jonathan,
    Thank you for the feedback and for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch. Our goal is to exceed our guests expectations with every visit, and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed our ambiance, food and flexibility on the available packages!

Congratulations again and we hope to see you in the future for another celebration here at the Farmstead property.

-Farmstead Events Team
  • Deb

Deb · Married on 10/14/2017

I have to say we're biased because we were members of the winery already but beyond this, they made this a special day. This didn't feel like a venue, it felt like our community. The food knocked it out of the park, the service and the wine. I hesitate to shout out to specific people but there were several that not only stood out but absolutely saved our wedding day. Your special day is in safe hands with them.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Lauren · Married on 02/18/2017

We had a fun wine tasting and lunch for guests attending my wedding weekend. Farmstead did a great job and everyone had a good time.

Sent on 03/22/2017

Jeremy · Married on 11/22/2014

I can not recommend this vendor highly enough! Long Meadow Ranch, Farmstead, Event coordinator Elizabeth and the entire LMR / Farmstead staff made or special day absolutely perfect. Their professionalism and attention to detail is second to none. We were even pleasantly surprised with details throughout the evening that we didn't even realize were included in our proposal. The food was AMAZING! Not "wedding food" amazing but one of the best meals my wife and I have ever had. The outdoor Venue was immaculate, even after receiving a ton of rain days prior. Flexible, fair, responsive, fun, I can not jam enough adjectives in to this review to tell you how great the experience at LMR was. Above anything else it's really was the staff and service that made everything so insanely perfect. These are some of the greatest folks I ever had the chance to work with and have serve us on our wedding day. We were introduced to everyone, even the amazing chef that prepared our meal. LMR and Farmstead really made us feel like family. We plan on spending many anniversaries with the great people at LMR and can not wait to go back. Have your wedding / event / whatever you are planning here!

Sent on 12/11/2014

patrick · Married on 10/19/2014

While not inexpensive, this location was perfect. The food was excellent, the venue was charming, and the employees were experienced, helpful, and easy to reach with questions. We were from out of state and in spite of this, the wedding went off without a hitch and everyone raved about the surroundings and food.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Monique · Married on 09/13/2014

My husband and I chose the beautiful Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch for our wedding. Elizabeth and team were incredible to work with and so helpful during the planning process. We planned the wedding from Australia, so we really relied and trusted her opinion on every aspect of our wedding from the table settings, vendors, ambiance, timing....Elizabeth was awesome!
    The wedding day is a day our friends and family are still talking about. The food was delicious and noted as the best food people every had at a wedding, the venue was was gorgeous and well lighted, the flow of the party was perfect. I highly recommend Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch for your wedding or special event. It's a magical place and will leave you breathless!
    Thank you for helping make our wedding day the best day of our lives!
    Monique & Matt

Sent on 10/15/2014

Elyshia · Married on 08/15/2014

Absolutely loved this venue. Not only is it beautiful but the food and drinks are amazing! Our friends and family are still talking about how amazing the meal was and how great the service staff were. We did not have to worry about anything. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 08/29/2014

Justin · Married on 08/30/2013

Absolutely wonderful. Staff was exceptional and helpful throughout. Food was the highlight with wedding guests raving long after. Would recommend without hesitation!

Sent on 07/19/2014

Lindsey · Married on 06/22/2013

There were a few glitches in the planning phase as they were going through turn-over with their wedding coordinators, however on the day of my wedding, I could not have been more happy with their overall services and experience. We were married under the Walnut Tree in the Southern Corner of the property, so as a heads up with guest planning, that space is suitable for no more than 75 people without needing to make 3 sections / 2 aisles, or else the guests become a bit squished. The staff was highly attentive, the food and food services were impeccable, and we are still receiving compliments on the experience daily and it's several week after the event. If you have the financial ability, I would extremely recommend the Live Fire option with your dining choice. It is an experience that you are rarely, if ever, able to have in general, so even more memorable at a wedding. And a personal recommendation; spend the extra for the bubble lights over the lawn; it changed the entire ambiance of the venue when the sun set. Overall, thrilled that this was our wedding venue, and that we can go back and "visit" every time we are in the valley.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Alison · Married on 05/16/2015

We had the best wedding we could have asked for at Farmstead. It is such a fantastic venue and everything was executed perfectly. We worked with Elizabeth leading up to the date and she had everything planned to a T with us. Our wedding coordinator, Erin, who was also awesome, worked well with Elizabeth and the Farmstead staff to put on a great event. Everything was set up exactly how we wanted it, and the food was unreal. There were multiple people who said it was by far the best food they ever had at a wedding before, and many said they wanted to go back to eat at the restaurant next time they are in the area. In the end, we were so pleased with Elizabeth and everyone at Farmstead, and are so happy that we were able to have our wedding there! We actually have friends getting married there in a few months and can't wait to go back this time as guests!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Meaghan · Married on 08/09/2014

My husband and I held our welcome dinner at Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch. The food - amazing, the service - amazing, the venue itself, STUNNING. Elizabeth and the team working with us that day went above and beyond. Our guests are still mentioning the s’mores desert. We look forward to our next Napa trip so we may return!!! Also as a comment on the responsiveness, the only reason I could not give 5 stars, Farmstead appears to prefer planning the smaller details closer to the event. As the date approached, they could not have been more responsive!! Earlier in the process, they were clearly attending to events closer in time, and rightfully so. Absolutely recommend!!!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Taszia · Married on 10/29/2015

Farmstead and the event co-ordinating team are simply awesome... So easy to work with and accommodating, the food is outstanding, attentive and professional service staff! Highly recommended especially if your looking for a "not your typical winery/restaurant venue." The outdoor/farm/garden atmosphere is phenomenal.

Sent on 11/11/2015

4.2
      3.0

Could not have envisioned a more beautiful place for our wedding. This venue is very flexible if you want to put on an elegant affair, while keeping everything really fun and comfortable. We received endless compliments from guests on how good the food was, and the quality of service was above and beyond. The staff was so attentive and professional, far exceeded what is expected from a wedding. Our sales coordinator (Elizabeth) was also fabulous. Never condescending with respect to our questions and requests. She was flexible, patient, and gave us lots of wonderful suggestions on how to make our day fun and unique. While this venue is costly, it fit exactly what we envisioned. In retrospect, it was truly worth it.

Sent on 08/26/2015

Jennifer · Married on 07/19/2013

4.2
      2.5
      3.5

I loved this venue. It is so beautiful and there are so many options for where you have your ceremony and photos. The event coordinators, however, were VERY nice in person. But it was pulling teeth to get them to respond to emails. When they would update the contract, items were often wrong or incorrect, even up until a week before the wedding. It was VERY frustrating. Given that though, with the help of my wedding coordinator (which you must have) they pulled everything off. The food was AMAZING! They also handle all of the rentals which is a huge help. Everyone raved about the venue, the food, the bar :)
    As long as you can handle a LOT of emails and little response, but know that they will eventually get it perfect, I would highly recommend Farmstead as a wedding ceremony and reception venue.

Sent on 08/05/2013

3.5

Absolutely delicious food that my friends and family still rave about!! This restaurant is top notch, but they are a little tricky working with in terms of a venue.

Sent on 04/05/2013

Jillian · Married on 10/17/2014

3.6
      3.5

Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch is an amazing outdoor venue for a wedding. They have several locations on the property where the ceremony can take place and the views and lighting make the perfect backdrop.

The one negative is their proximity to Highway 29. There is a considerable amount of traffic and you can hear the noise during the ceremony and reception.

If rain is forecast on your wedding day, Farmstead will require you to get a tent for the lawn. This should be in their new contract, so review it carefully. It was not in our contract, and we were told three days before our wedding that we would have to pay for a rented tent that would cost us almost $5,000 (after rental cost, 20% service charge, taxes). They do not allow smaller tents that use stakes, so your only option is a large, structural tent.

The food is fabulous at Farmstead. I was thrilled with the "Live Fire" option and make-your-own s'mores and guests loved roasting their own marshmallows over the bonfires.

One caveat ask for an itemized breakdown of the expenses. The proposals don't have the rental cost on them, so on the final bill I saw charges I had never seen (for example, renting the Potting Shed for childcare cost $500). The final bill won't have things itemized, so you'll see a charge for $6,000 for facility fees but won't know what charges that covers.

This is the only venue I came across that will add a 20% service charge to everything. It adds up, so be aware of that cost. In the end, I felt a bit nickel-and-dimed. I was told that if I used their bakery, Perfect Endings, the cake cutting fee would be waived. But because I ordered directly from Perfect Endings (instead of Farmstead, which meant they couldn’t make their extra 20%) Farmstead charged me $5/slice for cake cutting.

Service at the event was impeccable.

Sent on 11/23/2014