Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts & Sciences Reviews

Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts & Sciences 3
Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts & Sciences 4
  • lauren

lauren · Married on 09/22/2018

The most perfect place on the jersey shore.

We can not imagine having our wedding any where else. Guests are still raving about how beautiful the space was, amazing the view was for cocktail hour, and how extremely unique it all was. LBIF is a canvas that we were able to paint into the perfect wedding day, that is just one of the many things that makes it so perfect for your LBI wedding. The space is so unique and the possibilities are endless. Not only was the space amazing, but the staff of LBIF was top notch. Lydia helped us so much with planning and recommendations that helped make our wedding so perfect. She was always there to help and answer any/all questions, solve any small or large bridal breakdown, and resolve any last minute hiccups that were thrown our way. And our vendors are still reaching out to us saying how amazing she was to work with. If you are looking for a unique space on the jersey shore LBIF is the spot for you. My husband and I look forward to attending more events at the foundation and being part of the wonderfully friendly LBIF community.

Sent on 10/26/2018
    Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts & Sciences 5
    Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts & Sciences 6
    Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts & Sciences 7
    Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts & Sciences 8

Deborah · Married on 06/02/2018

What a beautiful place for a wedding on the island! When looking for a venue, this did not pop up on the radar anywhere. I feel like it was a hidden jewel compared to all the other locations we visited (on-site or on-line). So glad we found it!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Jamie · Married on 05/19/2018

Lydia and the staff at LBIF made what could have been a disaster (RAIN!!) an experience we will never forget. They were flexible, professional and did everything to accommodate us... with a smile! It was a pleasure to work with the team. Thank you!!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Liam · event on 03/23/2018

For several years now we've held Weekend-long educational programs at the LBI Foundation in the Springtime. We provide classes and lectures and serve meals to our guests. Even though we are not the typical guests that the Foundation is used to having, the staff always does whatever it takes to make our programs successful. They are unfailingly helpful, flexible and a pleasure to deal with. Of course, the facility is also beautiful, but the staff is their greatest asset.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Dean · Married on 08/26/2017

My wife and I were looking for a special place to hold our combined 50th birthdays celebration. We looked all over Long Beach Island and all the venues were either too small, too expensive, or did not allow us to have a live band into the late hours of the evening. We found the Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts & Sciences. Their event space was perfect and the side deck area that overlooks the bay was a nice place to step away from the party for a while. The foundation and it's staff were very accommodating and professional and very friendly. They went the extra mile to assure our event went off without a hitch. I would HIGHLY recommend LBIF for your event

Sent on 06/19/2018

Siri · Married on 06/03/2017

Lydia and her team were amazing. Having planned everything long distance from Alaska, she was very understanding and was able to schedule walk throughs and discuss plans upon our arrival. The place was wonderfully decorated, and everyone raved about the wonderful decks, gorgeous views, and miraculously perfect weather!

Sent on 07/31/2017
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 09/17/2016

I am so happy we chose LBIF a year ago! Lydia and James were so easy to work with and really helped make our vision for the space possible. They were easy to work with and jump in to help at the last minute. Lydia is so warm and professional and easy to talk to. I trust her with everything! The space is so much fun to work with because The Foundation truly lets you run with it and use it how you'd like.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Amy · Married on 08/22/2016

Fabulous. Incredible. Accommodating. Kind. Wonderful. Stunning. The list of adjectives can go on. Lydia Owens, the event coordinator, is absolutely wonderful. After working with her for 9 months, I feel like we're close friends. From the moment I saw the LBIF, I knew that this was our place. The view from the deck over the marshlands is breathtaking, so much so that we wanted to have our entire wedding reception here. So we did! No one else has ever done it before, but Lydia and the rest of the team at the LBIF were accommodating, and gave us a deal as well. We also had our wedding on a Monday, just 5 hours after summer camp ended for the day, and as soon as it did, Lydia and the assistant James were cleaning ever corner of the space, trimming the trees, power washing the deck and making sure it was perfect for us. Lydia was incredibly helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. I probably sent her 5 emails a week, as least. She recommended other vendors, comforted me on the weather or the issue with bugs (which there wasn't any) and met with me multiple times to go over tiny details. We love that we could have our wedding reception at a location that is so stunningly beautiful, but also so cool and accommodating to their brides. We borrowed chairs and stools, tables and coolers, lights and Chinese Lanterns from the LBIF. Lydia even organized for staff members to be the bar tenders for my wedding! I cannot express how perfect and unique my wedding at the LBIF was, and how I'm so lucky to have met Lydia and the wonderful staff there.

Sent on 10/25/2016

We rented the LBIF to celebrate my Dad's 70th Birthday with 100+ guests. The whole ambiance of the place and sheer quality of experience was wonderful. The staff was very accommodating. It's a beautiful site for parties, formal events and weddings.

Sent on 04/30/2015

Amy · Married on 09/15/2012

My husband and I absolutely loved the LBIF. We got married on the beach across the street, had the cocktail hour on the decks overlooking the bay at sunset (it's a beautiful view) and then hosted the reception inside the gallery. There was a beautiful print exhibit from Philadelphia on display.

It's not a turn-key ballroom type facility, but we didn't want that. I enjoyed working out the details and planning the event. The staff at the LBIF recommended a great caterer (Kate and Ally's) and the whole thing turned out beautifully.

I really liked the fact that the rental fee was going toward the non-profit mission of the foundation as well.

Sent on 01/07/2013

Erin · Married on 09/10/2016

I am so happy we chose the LBI Foundation of the Arts and Sciences for our wedding ceremony and reception. The space is beautiful, inside and out. We used one of the decks for our small ceremony and the largest deck for a welcome champagne toast with all of our guests. Both decks (and a third smaller deck!) offer beautiful views of the marsh. The sunset was gorgeous from the decks! Though we didn't use it for our wedding, public beach access is right across the street. The indoor space has a rustic, barn-like feel, and the current art installation will remain on display for your event, so there is also a museum/gallery feel to the space. It is truly unique and all of our guests had nothing but the nicest things to say about the venue. The staff was responsive, professional and incredibly accommodating. I couldn't be happier with the service we received. They only book one wedding per weekend, so you really get the feel that your event is special, and they allowed us to come a day or two early and drop off various items, arrange our flowers, etc. I also really like knowing the rental fee goes to a community organization promoting art, science and culture. All-in-all, the LBIF was the best choice for our wedding.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Marissa · Married on 06/17/2017

The staff at the foundation were the kindest and most helpful people I intereacted with while planning my wedding!

Sent on 07/18/2017