Lone Star DJ Reviews

47 Reviews for Lone Star DJ

• Trina

Trina Westmoreland · Married on 04/14/2019

Absolutely fantastic

We were not going to hire a DJ initially because we really couldn’t fit it into our budget. I kept seeing brides post about how they regretted not getting a DJ so I went on the search for someone that fit our budget and personalities. Boy did we hit the jackpot with Steve and Karen. They were a pleasure to work with and I loved all of their ideas, especially the newlywed game. It was a big hit. They made the reception so much fun and I’m forever grateful for having the pleasure of meeting them. Thank you guys so much.

Sent on 04/29/2019

Corilynn · Married on 10/27/2018

Such great people!

They were so so awesome about working with me even the day of my wedding. They kept everyone on the dance floor and kept the party going. They made sure that all of our special requests and events for the night stayed on schedule, which was very important to me. They did a great job.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Mason · Married on 07/21/2018

Steve and Karen are so great! They were beyond accommodating and helpful to my wife and I. They are professional and polite, which we very much appreciated. Of course they were also great DJs! Our guests had a blast! Thank you guys!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Caitlyn · Married on 03/12/2018

Every time we had to make a change, they responded within 15 minutes. They were very flexible, and they did an excellent job with our ceremony and reception. We would highly recommend them.

Sent on 03/15/2018

Christy · Married on 12/16/2017

Steve and Karen did an amazing job on our ceremony music and reception. We never even met in person but after a few phone calls and emails, they were on the same page as me and my husband. Steve said he read our ceremony layout several times to really get the feeling we were trying to accomplish. His cues were RIGHT ON! I could not have cued and spotted the music better if I'd done it myself!
    Steve went out of his way to make sure we had proper equipment and sound - even meeting with the venue manager to make sure the music would be clear and heard by all without any "rigging."
    He knew how important the music at our event was to us and he made sure everything was to our satisfaction. He made certain we knew of any additional costs as well so there were no surprises.
    Steve and Karen are very knowledgeable when it comes to the music selections. There were several variations of one song I wanted that I didn't even know existed. They brought it to my attention and found the version I was referring to. Thank goodness, too, because the version I was wanting was very important to me.
    Steve and Karen were so accommodating to our guests as well. They had millions of songs to choose from and played what the guests requested while keeping in mind my husband's and my restrictions.
    The wedding and reception were perfect! I couldn't have asked for a better company to work with!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Jan · Married on 10/14/2017

Steve and Karen did a wonderful job for our wedding; my husband and I loved the fact that they made the music selection process so easy and seamless. They are both so sweet and are great at what they do!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Emma · Married on 05/18/2017

We originally hired Lonestar DJ for my sister's wedding and we loved them so much we hired them for mine as well! They were fantastic and really kept the party going. So nice and extremely good at what they do- would absolutely recommend them without hesitation!

Sent on 03/23/2018

Brittany · Married on 03/25/2017

Steve and Karen did a phenomenal job at our wedding! They kept constant contact with us during the planning process, and answered any questions that we had, giving us advice on how the setups would work best at our venue. I would HIGHLY recommend Lone Star DJ to anyone. They are some of the nicest people and my husband and I loved working with them.

Sent on 04/10/2017

Tracy · Married on 12/29/2016

Lone Star DJ did a great job! They were flexible with my schedule and very helpful with music recommendations. I had many compliments from my guests!

Sent on 01/17/2017

Lorren · Married on 11/04/2016

Steve and Karen are awesome! We had a rough start getting our schedules to work together, but they worked with us to make it happen. Our meetings we're always great and I left feeling like I could take a breathe, because I knew they had it under control. The day of our wedding was awesome! They made the night enjoyable and interactive! They were great and I would hands down recommend them to any friends getting married! :) thank you both! We enjoyed working with you!
    - Lorren & Josh

Sent on 11/09/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/28/2016

Steve and Karen are amazing!!! Super flexible and helpful and very fun!! They know how to keep the wedding alive! I highly recommend Lonestatr DJ!!!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/22/2016

We absolutely loved getting to work with Steve & Karen! They were super sweet and you can tell they absolutely love what they do! We got so many compliments on how fun they were at our wedding :)

Sent on 11/01/2016

Josie · Married on 08/14/2016

We were in very good hands with this DJ team, they are very professional and made us feel very comfortable and our guests loved them . They provided a listing of the most chosen songs in our music category and worked with us to fine tune our list. We did not have to worry about anything. So don't hesitate to book this team!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Alexandra · Married on 07/15/2016

Karen and Steve were a wonderful couple to work with! They are so sweet, helpful, knowledgeable, and flexible! I was an out of town bride, but never did I have any problems with communication. Lonestar DJ met my needs, they listened to our desires, and did everything we requested! I would definitely hire them all over again, and their prices are competitive! The day of my wedding was organized, and beautiful! Thank you so much Karen and Steve!!!

Sent on 07/24/2016

Heidi · Married on 07/02/2016

Steve and Karen were fantastic, very down to earth and knowledgeable! They were able to help my fiance and I choose the best songs that fit us and our tastes for that special day. We had an outdoor ceremony, and with their equipment everyone was able to hear our vows loud and clear. Our reception was held indoors, with soft music playing in the background and a microphone available for our toasts and best man speech. Then more dancing to follow outdoors. Steve and Karen go above and beyond for their clients, Chris and I would highly recommend them!!

Sent on 07/22/2016

KEELY ANN · Married on 03/05/2016

Steve and Karen are amazing! Would book them again in a heartbeat. They played exactly what we wanted and made our reception amazing!

Sent on 03/08/2016

Amy · Married on 02/27/2016

Finding Steve and Karen to DJ our wedding was truly a miracle! We could not have asked for a better team to help us make our big day so perfect! They were there for us every step of the way, which was especially nice since we were planning a wedding in a different city from where we live. They helped us pick songs, make playlists, decide on the order of events, and best of all, they were 100% flexible and accommodating to ANY changes I wanted to make...up until the day of! They were so professional and so helpful and I cannot say enough great things about them! Our guests had an absolute blast. All of the music was perfect and right on cue! I enjoyed every moment working with them to plan our big day. I would re-book them again, and I suggest you book them too and find out just what I am talking about! :-)

Sent on 03/27/2016

Jamie · Married on 10/10/2015

Would absolutely book Karen and Steve again in a heartbeat! We told them we liked a little bit of everything music wise and they couldn't have played better music! People were constantly up dancing and having a blast! They were so interactive with the crowd with hula hoops and games! Many people commented on how great the DJs were!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Lone Star DJ did a phenomenal job for my daughter's wedding reception. They were professional and entertaining. The event was flawless.

Sent on 07/05/2015

Rebecca · Married on 06/27/2015

Lone Star DJ is an excellent choice for wedding reception music. We hired Steve and Karen for my wedding reception, and they exceeded my expectations. They kept the night flowing smoothly, and they made it a lot of fun, too. We loved the fun activities that they offer including the chicken dance, hula hoops, the shoe game, and more. They were professional and accommodating. They responded to all of my emails quickly. I would recommend them for any event!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Jennifer · Married on 06/12/2015

Steve and Karen were so helpful throughout the planning of our wedding. They did our ceremony and reception music. Karen even told our wedding party when to go down the isle. Steve and Karen made our wedding on June 12,2015 that much better. We are still getting complements on how great the music and ceremony music was. We couldn't have asked for a better team to do our wedding. They are reasonable in cost and contacted us throughout the planning to make sure that there wasn't anything that we needed help with. I highly recommended them my husband and I just loved them. Thanks again Steve and Karen for making our wedding a memorable one.

Sent on 06/26/2015

James · Married on 05/08/2015

Great DJ's
    Very professional, they played all the songs we requested, they provided a great timeline for us that helped out a lot GREAT COUPLE
    Very nice, speaker they provided were awesome.

Sent on 05/17/2015
  • Brian

Brian · Married on 03/07/2015

We are so glad that we chose Steve and Karen. They welcomed us into their home, and put up with us making constant changes to the music lineup. When we were unable to find just the right song, Steve was there with multiple suggestions. They showed up early, were prepared, and performed flawlessly. I would hire them again in a minute. We are so thankful for all of their help and guidance.

Sent on 03/12/2015
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 03/01/2015

They were absolutely amazing. They knew exactly what to play and when to play it and even though our ceremony plans changed at the last moment they didn't slip once they took control and rocked it. Honestly I talked to a lot of DJs for our wedding and none of them come close to Lonestar. They listen to everything you want... And if they don't have it they will try their best to get it!
    I love them. Thank you all so much the ceremony was perfect and it's thanks to you two.

Sent on 03/10/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/13/2014

Lone Star DJ were such an amazing couple that made our wedding so much fun. Not only did the wedding guests have fun and dance but Steve and Karen were having a blast. They did such a good job about feeling the vibe of our wedding and played the perfect songs for our guests!!! They were so proffesional and very easy to work with!

Sent on 09/21/2014