Lois Mathews Design Reviews

Lois Mathews Design 5
Lois Mathews Design 6
Lois Mathews Design 7

Kara · Married on 10/13/2018

If you want a great and personable flower designer, you have found the best!

Lois and her team were wonderful from the very first introductory meeting to the big day. Lois' insight and advice helped everything come together beautifully. Even down to the smallest details, Lois and her team helped create bouquets and arrangements that were perfect. Lois showed patience from the beginning and was able to guide us along the journey of wedding planning. It all came together in perfect harmony in the church and reception venue. So many guests commented on the amazing flowers. We cannot recommend Lois enough!

Sarah Koss · Married on 09/22/2018

A Bohemian Bride’s Dream to Work With

Short version: Lois was a dream to work with, her floral arrangements were stunning, and I highly recommend her!

Longer version: I found Lois when I was phoning around in a panic trying to find another florist after my first one turned out to be unreliable. The previous florist couldn’t seem to understand the vision I had for my wedding even after months of back and forth; in contrast, Lois understood immediately during our first phone call. I said “bohemian” and Lois responded by describing a vision of eclectic antiques and loose, local garden themed floral arrangements. I sent her a swatch of my bridesmaid dresses and she specifically scoured local farmers markets—where she gets almost all her flowers—for the exact color, which she found. She also included succulents from her personal garden in my bridal bouquet. In addition, Lois works out of a beautiful rustic barn that full of every sort of vase and floral arranging option that you can think of, which she let me explore and choose specific pieces from for the table arrangements. I picked some pieces and trusted her to choose the rest and it worked out perfectly. Lois is very experienced, and everything came together well. Half the tables had low arrangements and half had tall arrangements, all done in a way that did not block guests across the tables while also creating movement and flow throughout the venue. The florals received many compliments from guests that evening. Thank you, Lois and team, for your hard work and beautiful floral arrangements!

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Lois Mathews Design 8
    Lois Mathews Design 9
    Lois Mathews Design 10
    Lois Mathews Design 11
    Lois Mathews Design 12
    Lois Mathews Design 13

Lois Mathews Design's reply:

Thank you Sarah, for this lovely review. It was a pleasure to work with you and your lovely family to make your wedding day extra special. Reviews mean so much to me and you taking this time out of your holiday means a lot .
    All my best for the New Year!! LOIS

Nicole · Married on 08/11/2018

Lois did my wedding on August 11 in Coronado. As soon as I met Lois I felt like we had an instant connection. She was able to make my wedding vision come to life! Of all the vendors that I hired for my wedding, Lois was the only one that I knew I didn’t have to worry about. She loves what does and will do anything to make sure you get everything that you want. Please don’t be intimidated by her age…. remember with age comes experience and weddings never go perfectly as planned. You want a florist who is capable of adapting to situations in case plans change on the day of your wedding and Lois is an expert at this!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Lois Mathews Design's reply:

Nicole, Thanks so much for this nice review. It was a pleasure creating your vision and I can not wait to see the photos. And thanks for all the lovely items you dropped off for me to use on other wedding especially the beautiful cake plate. I wish you all the best things in your life.

Pamela · Married on 06/24/2018

I just can't say enough good things about Lois and her amazing team! Not only did she go above and beyond my expectations, she completely blew them away. Lois was an absolute pleasure to work with and we had a great connection from the minute I met her. She understood my vision right away and executed it to perfection... did I also mention she was also affordable?

The pictures speak for themselves! (Pictures by Morgan McCanne Photo- who is also amazing!)

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Lois Mathews Design 14
    Lois Mathews Design 15
    Lois Mathews Design 16

Hi Pamela,

I can't believe I have not thanked you on line for your VERY nice review, even though we have talked in person. I am still hoping that you wedding will be published and many brides will have a chance to see how beautiful it turned out and how lovely you looked. I know this is an especially busy time for you but I hope it was a successful season for you and that you have the Happiest of New Years. Send me those special brides!

Love LOIS

Elizabeth · Married on 06/21/2018

If she is available, hire her. Lois and her team are amazing. When we first met Lois we didn’t have even a slightly solid idea of what we wanted for our arrangements, flowers or overall look. We were doing a destination wedding and flew out for a few days with only a couple hours available to meet with her. She looked us both up and down like Ollivander at Ollivander’s wand shop (sorry, I am a bit of a nerd) and immediately started pulling awesome ideas out of the walls of her barn. I thought that room had a lot of things in it when we walked in but she was making even more options magically appear on her table. By the time we left we knew what she was designing was going to be beautiful and to both of our taste. What we didn’t know was that she was going to blow us away with her amazing work. I had ordered a sample of what an arrangement might look like for when we got to the hotel as a surprise to my then fiancé. It. Was. Amazing! It was as perfect at both our ceremony and the centerpieces at the reception. She took tropical beauty to a whole new level while still incorporating special requests for lavender and the then out of season iris flowers that were important to my mother in law. Anyhow, thank you Lois and please express our deepest thanks to your entire team for their hard work.

• Reyhaneh

Reyhaneh Baha · Married on 06/16/2018

The Incredible Lois

I’ve put off writing this review because honestly I didn’t even have the words to do her justice. Lois is incredible. She is the sweetest, most genuine, loving and talented people I’ve met. Our wedding flowers were absolutely flawless. So many things went wrong on my wedding day, more than I imagined, the flowers were the only thing that were pure perfection. I’m still in awe when I look at our pictures. Lois truly brought our vision to life. Honestly she just went above and beyond. She did so much beautiful work and implemented her wonderful creativity. I couldn’t have imagined our flowers being this beautiful. People still talk about how beautiful our flowers were. I think they helped take away attention from all the things that went wrong because people were speechless how beautiful they were. Lois is not just talented, she’s just a genuinely beautiful human being. She knows flowers and you can give her the freedom to be creative, she will go above and beyond. I really wanted petals at the ceremony but we were already over budget so I decided against them. Lois decided to surprise me with them anyway the day of, unfortunately it was so windy they kept blowing away. Being the creative Lois, she incorporated them into my reception. I’m so grateful that I know Lois and that she was a part of my day. She will make your day beautiful and flawless. I still haven’t been to a wedding with flowers as beautiful as mine. Thank you for everything. I can’t wait to work with you again.

Kathy · Married on 05/05/2018

Lois Mathews is amazing. The flowers she did for my daughter's wedding were absolutely beautiful. I knew when I met her that she was the florist for me. She totally understood what I wanted and she delivered a dream wedding. Working with her was a pleasure and totally stress free. I couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Hi Kathy,

Thank you so much for this nice review, it was a pleasure working with you.
    And thanks for your message that you would have given me a million stars if you could, but Wedding Wire does not have that many. You made my day!

Julia · Married on 11/05/2017

I was married just 11/5 and couldn't wait one more second to post this review. From the very beginning Lois was warm and inviting when welcoming us to her studio. My sister and I immediately felt like we were spending time with an aunt. Through the whole process she was so generous with her time and welcome to the many photos I sent her. When I had any adjustments in mind (and mine were at the last minute SORRY LOIS!) she had no issues at all. When I arrived at my venue, I was OVERWHELMED by how amazing everything looked. She captured my vision and desires MORE THAN PERFECTLY! It's like she got inside my head and found every little girl fantasy and every Pinterest inspo I saved and made them BETTER. She even, without me telling her, picked out my EXACT favorite rose (David Austin Juliet) and made everything better than I expected or could have dreamed of. Don't hesitate to call her, she is MORE than worth it. Everyone said I looked like royalty and that the wedding made everyone feel like they were in a dream. Thank you Lois from the bottom of my heart.
    I will update with photos once I receive more from my photographer.

Lois Mathews Design 17
    Lois Mathews Design 18
    Lois Mathews Design 19
    Lois Mathews Design 20

Kirsten · Married on 08/05/2017

Any bride will feel so blessed and fortunate to have Lois Mathews as her wedding florist! From the moment we met at her adorable barn, I just knew she was the one! If the Little Mermaid could have a grotto on land with all of her beautiful treasures, Lois' barn would be just the place. As I was describing my vision for the wedding she would dive into a box in the corner, or on the shelf on the other side of the room, or underneath the desk and pull out a piece that was just perfect! It's like she was reading my mind, but 2 steps ahead of me. She brought my vision to life in her little barn and I felt at ease. I knew that I could trust her without a shadow of doubt. We connected. She just got me. Nothing about her pieces are cookie cutter. I knew she'd make the wedding uniquely beautiful, and she suggested flowers that would tie ever so perfectly! Unfortunately, we decided to call off our wedding. Lois reached out to me to comfort me and give me the best advice ever. Lois is more than a florist, she's like that favorite aunt who always has your best interest at heart, and will always encourage you with the right words. Her character is like no other. I know when I find the right one, Lois will be my florist without a shadow of doubt. All of my other vendors know Lois' work and her reputation around San Diego is outstanding. She will make a bride's wedding absolutely stunning! I can't wait to call her again one day for my future wedding. I can't wait to call her again and just do coffee. Haha Lois is a true treasure. A rare find in a wedding industry that often has a predatory attitude. Lois truly cares about her brides and her couples and feels passionate about making their day one to remember for the rest of their lives!

P.S. I highly recommend that you visit her at her barn! I can't express how important it is to connect with your florist. :-)

Michael · Married on 07/16/2017

We are so glad that we hired Lois Mathews Design to provide floral arrangements for our wedding! Lois is easy to work with and has an artistic eye. She has a massive collection of containers and decorations that can be used to beautify your event/wedding. We had a succulent themed wedding and Lois did an incredible job of choosing the most beautiful flowers. She also provided other materials that we needed such as an easel and bamboo sticks for a canopy. With Lois Mathews design you can be confident your event will shine!!!

Teresa · Married on 07/15/2017

Lois did a fabulous job with the flowers for my daughter's wedding last weekend. She captured the look that my daughter was envisioning beautifully.

The initial consultation and design process was both fun and easy. Lois has a huge selection of containers to select from and great suggestions as to their use. She also made the whole wedding day easy and seamless on our end. No worry about whether the flowers would arrive on time or get moved to the appropriate places; it all happened just as planned. The flowers were used to their optimum, being moved from the church to the reception. She even incorporated a dozen lanterns that we supplied .

We would highly recommend Lois. She does beautiful work and is easy to work with.

Sarah · Married on 05/05/2017

Lois did an amazing job on our wedding flowers! She was so good at listening to what I wanted and really captured the vision I had. The flowers really add another level to the day and I am so happy we went with Lois!

Lois Mathews Design 21

Katherine · Married on 04/30/2017

I adored Lois’s creations for my wedding in April. It was amazing to see my vision come to life, but so much more beautiful than I could have imagined it. I didn’t have a lot of specific requests, more of a general ambiance I wanted to create, and Lois did that perfectly. She was able to weave together a few different ideas I had pulled from other sources into a lush, colorful, coherent whole. Now that I have my photographer’s proofs, I am able to go back through and really appreciate all of the details that I had missed on the day of.

A very close friend of mine referred me to Lois, so I knew I was in good hands, but she exceeded my expectations! She is so easy to work with, and has such a stockpile of vases and other interesting objects to incorporate to customize the arrangements to suit the tone. I would love to find another occasion to use her services!

Kristen · Married on 04/22/2017

Lois amazed me with her work. I read the stellar reviews and looked through her blog and had a good idea of how highly regarded she was, but I was still impressed that she brought my vision to life and enhanced it along the way. She was my favorite wedding vendor to work with because she is easily accessible, gives you individual attention and takes great pride in her work. At the end of the wedding I was sad to see her leave and chased her to the elevator to say thank you. I couldn't believe everything turned out how I wanted. She is competitively priced and offers access to her arches, floral containers, centerpiece holders and lanterns. You'll have a great time visiting her barn too. There is no way I could have been happier with the flowers at my wedding! Thank you Lois!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Kristen,
    Thank you for this great review. It was a pleasure working with you and creating a beautiful wedding for you. I wish you all the best, LOIS

Jenna · Married on 04/22/2017

I absolutely loved working with Lois! It was so great to be able to go to her barn and actually see all of the vases and other items that she could use for the wedding, which I had not experienced with any other florist. She really listened to my vision and made it come to life. The flowers for the wedding were gorgeous and we could not have been happier with the results!

Lois Mathews Design 22
    Lois Mathews Design 28
    Lois Mathews Design 29
    Lois Mathews Design 30

Jivan · Married on 03/08/2017

Well I'm a groom, my wife usually takes care of writing reviews, but the pleasure of working with Lois was all ours. She makes sure she knows what you want, and goes above and beyond to make it happen. Could not have been more pleased. Over the course of the wedding and all the many things going on it is extremely nice to not just know, but feel that you have found someone that can make it happen. If you have not decided on a florist let me make the decision for you!

Heather · Married on 10/01/2016

Lois was delightful to work with. Her attention to detail was impeccable and she was so fun! Our wedding looked gorgeous, and we loved visiting her studio to look for inspiration. Highly recommend.

Pamela · Married on 09/17/2016

Called Lois for a special arrangement, as she had done Such a Marvelous job for my daughters wedding at the Kona Kai in September of 2016 --and it was simply perfect! She is timeless and so authentic. That unique spirit shows in her flowers and artistry.

Kelli · Married on 06/11/2016

this review is both sad and happy. I LOVE Lois. I found her on Yelp when I was researching wedding florist for my upcoming wedding. As you can see she is highly recommended. So I emailed her to see if she was available. We met and let me tell you, this amazing woman completely elevated my wedding. She took my ideas and really took them to the next level. She has all these amazing decorative items that can be used as well, taking your wedding decor to the next unique step!!!! She's amazing!! And she works so so hard to make her brides happy. I cannot gush more.
    Ok. With that being said, Lois prefers to work in San Diego as she knows the area and the venues. Totally fair. I asked her to come to Temecula for my wedding and she decided that she would venture out there for me. She was interested in my wedding and wanted to work with us. We were thrilled. Well our venue didn't end up working out (they forgot to share the massive construction that would be taking place during my wedding) and we had to cancel. We booked a new venue in Palm Springs. I called Lois to explain what happened and to see if she was comfortable with that. Unfortunately for me, she wasn't. However, she was so kind and heard my story. She gave us our entire deposit back and told me to call her if I have any questions about decor or flowers AND she said she would research some of the florists we were interested in to see what kind of work they did. Above and beyond. It's truly my loss that I don't get to have her there on my big day. If you get a chance to work with her, I highly highly recommend it. She is absolutely wonderful, both in her work and as a person. Please please please look no further and give her a call!!!!!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Kelli,
    Thank you for this AMAZING review. I mean what I said, please do call me if you have any questions. I was wondering if you would also post it to Yelp since that is where you found me. Thanks and all the best to you with your wedding.
    Lois Mathews

Jean · Married on 01/16/2016

Lois Matthews has an incredible talent in floral design. She has knowledge and impeccable taste when it comes to coordinating color and choosing flowers. She was very meticulous in listening to all our details and concerns. The set up from the church to reception was completely professional. Her candelabra centerpieces were stunningly enchanting. The head table was crowned with a beautiful trellis of hanging glass votives and delicate greenery. Lois has a diversified collection of antique silver and glass pieces to add that extra touch of elegance and warmth to each table. The wrist corsage she made for me was perfectly exquisite. My Godson's wedding reception was at the U.S. Grant, it was absolutely gorgeous. Lois and her team were lovely to work with. Lois is a true artist, she clearly loves her work. We were delighted to have found her.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Lois Mathews Design's reply:

Jean Thank you so much for this lovely review. You made my job so easy and joyful, it was such a pleasure to create this wedding for your nephew and his bride.
    I just saw the photos and they are magical. I miss seeing you and Jean and can not wait until the next wedding in your family so we can do it all over again!

Kristi · Married on 11/07/2015

Lois was absolutely fantastic to work with. Flowers can be super overwhelming and she was so sweet, honest, helpful and full of creative ideas. We discussed my vision and I showed her some photos of flowers that I liked and what I had in mind for the wedding...on our first meeting she brought me in her workshop and showed me some center pieced ideas based on our conversation and it was perfect for the classic/ romantic theme I was going for.

Lois far exceeded my expectations and my flowers were absolutely gorgeous. They were exactly what I wanted and everyone at our wedding could not stop talking about how amazing everything looked. Lois is very professional and responsive and has wonderful ideas. I would highly recommend her, she is fantastic and you will not be disappointed...no need to spend the time looking at any other florist in San Diego...Lois is all you need!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Lois Mathews Design's reply:

Thanks so much Kristi, it was a pleasure to work with you and to know that you were so pleased.

Annie · Married on 11/07/2015

We were introduced to Lois by the Events Director at the Kona Kai Resort and Marina in San Diego, and we were SO happy with her! Not only are her floral designs unique and beautiful, but she is a pleasure to work with. My mother and Lois became fast friends, and still go to lunch together months after our wedding :)

Lois is a true artist, and brought our vision to life perfectly. She was receptive to our suggestions & the (many) sample images I emailed her from pinterest/wedding blogs, and brought her own personal touch to each piece. Lois truly created the look and feel of our ballroom through her floral arrangements. She has all sorts of props and pieces in her studio that she loans out free of charge (candle holders, lanterns, vases, floral boxes, rope, ribbon, arches, birdcages, etc). She also did the flowers in our chapel, and took the time to go the night before and set up rose petals & shepherds hooks for our aisle. I could go on and on, but moral of the story is... She is simply the best! We could not recommend her more.

Sent on 04/22/2016

Lois Mathews Design's reply:

Thank you Annie for that nice review. It was such a pleasure to do the florals for your wedding, your bridal shower and your bridesmaids luncheon. I had sooo much fun with you and your lovely firends and family and especially your Mom who I know will be a lifetime friend. I am so happy to make you and Ben Happy!
  • I

Isabel · Married on 10/10/2015

Lois is AMAZING! We have known Lois for a at least 4 years and are huge fans of her work! She was also the florist at my sisters' wedding which was just as beautiful. Lois was able to take a simple feeling and transpose it to the most amazing decor for our wedding. She is by far the most professional, courteous and flexible we could have hoped for. In the midst of all the wedding craziness, Lois remained open and provided nothing but the highest quality! Without her, our wedding would not have been as amazing. We are eternally grateful =)

Ashley · Married on 08/22/2015

Lois did an absolutely amazing job as our florist. We were so happy with everything. Her pieces were just stunning- from the bouquet, to the centerpieces, to ceremony site to my special name tag display. She really listened to what I wanted and created a beautiful image.

PERFECT! We would very highly recommend her!