Lois Hiranaga Floral Design LLC Reviews

Lois Hiranaga Floral Design LLC 6
Lois Hiranaga Floral Design LLC 7

Konnie H · Married on 08/11/2018

Dream Come True!

I absolutely loved working with Lois from beginning to end for our wedding at Olowalu Plantation House. I initially came across Lois through lots of online research and reviews. What stood out to me was her background and knowledge of flowers. After getting to know her and meeting her in person a year before my wedding, I knew I was in great hands. Lois is one of those vendors who always made time to chat and provides thoughtful suggestions on what she thinks might work well. When I had no idea what she was talking about flower wise (which was a lot of the time!), she patiently goes through each flower with me (had me go on a website to look each of them up) to make sure we're on the same page.

When I let Lois know what kind of budget I was working with, she right away said of course she can work with that. From that point forward, she consciously tried to help me keep to the budget I was aiming for. Day of my wedding, I couldn't be happier with how all the flowers turned out for the bouquets, boutonnières, maile lea, table center pieces, circle arch design, aisle flowers, pedal toss, etc!

When things with my initial planner turned sour, Lois was completely supportive and had no issues continuing to work with us and our new planner. Lois, we couldn't be more grateful :) Thanks for making our wedding a dream come true!

Lois Hiranaga Floral Design LLC 8
    Lois Hiranaga Floral Design LLC 13
    Lois Hiranaga Floral Design LLC 14

Amanda · Married on 06/30/2018

*THE ABSOLUTE BEST IN FLORAL DESIGN*
    I booked Lois Hiranaga for my June 30, 2018 wedding and I could not be happier with her work.
    My wedding was at Olowalu Plantation House in Maui and the style was tropical bohemian. Planning this wedding remotely was no easy task and I can remember feeling unsure a florist would understand my vision or that my design ideas might be misinterpreted. To further complicate things, June 30th was not exactly the ideal date for the flowers I wanted (i.e. peonies and king proteas) AND I had a specific budget in mind. *Facepalm* lol
    After explaining all this to my wedding planner, she gave me Lois’ information. I could tell my planner held Lois in very high regard and she said, “if anyone can get those flowers for your wedding, Lois can.” She also told me that Lois seeks out flowers grown in Hawaii and enjoys supporting local growers, which I appreciated.
    On my wedding day Lois did NOT disappoint. She made the very most of my budget and absolutely blew me away with my custom bouquet, flower crown, potted succulents, pampas grass, and wedding flowers. I was infinitely impressed with her attention to detail, and the overall quality of her work. In fact, my “first look” at the flowers & décor at the wedding gave me goosebumps as I realized all my dreams and visions had come true. Seriously WOW!!
    I highly recommend Lois for any floral décor/design needs. She has impeccable taste, an incredible eye for colors and arrangements, and a vast knowledge of horticultural botany. She can name a plant just from pictures or descriptions, and she is able to make helpful suggestions about everything from pairing flowers to avoiding overpowering scents. She is professional, passionate, approachable, and committed to incorporating one’s vision and personal style into floral/plant projects.

Lois Hiranaga Floral Design LLC 15
    Lois Hiranaga Floral Design LLC 22
    Lois Hiranaga Floral Design LLC 23
    Lois Hiranaga Floral Design LLC 24

Kate · Married on 05/28/2016

Lois is one of the most amazingly talented florists, we absolutely adored her arrangements. We got married at Olowalu Planation House on Saturday 28th May 2016. She met with us a year out from the wedding when we were visiting the island to get to know our style and all the ideas we had for the design of the wedding. She was very knowledgable about not only flowers but what could work in different spaces. She was very conscious of our budget and found ways for us to make certain aspects more economic. Leading up to the wedding, she confirmed what flowers she could get and any new inspiration that had come to us over the last few months (which was alot because I'm in the wedding industry myself). Her email correspondence during crunch time was so awesome and very reassuring. Her creations were insanely beautiful - she did amazing arrangements to frame the 'alter', centrepieces for all the tables, accent succulents for our escort card green wall, bouquets, boutonnieres and provided all vases and votive candles! She is so creative, you will not be disappointed if you hire Lois.

Lois is amazing!! The flowers at our wedding were absolute beautiful, and honestly turned out far better than I ever could have dreamed! We booked Lois through our wedding planner, and the two really captured our vision in regards to our flowers and decor. I gave her a budget and throughout the whole process she stuck exactly to that budget! I sent her a few inspiration pics and described the overall theme and feeling we wanted on our wedding day, and honestly I think the flowers really tied everything together. Everyone kept commenting on how beautiful our flowers were, especially my bouquet! I can't recommend Lois enough, she really is fabulous at what she does!

Corinne · Married on 03/06/2016

Lois is such an artist and so easy to work with! I had a destination wedding at the Olowalu Plantation House- give her any inspirational photo or phrase and she’ll come back with an arrangement better than you could have expected! She was always prompt with emails and made herself available for schedule changes that came up during our wedding week. She also was flexible to make a floral head lei for my engagement photo shoot last minute when we came to meet all our vendors in November. Lois is great about staying within a budget and is a rockstar at creating the biggest statement with the budget she has available. She was essentially the decorator of our tables, since I requested she put sprigs of greenery in all of our napkins in addition to the centerpieces and mercury votives she provided. Our wedding and photos are absolutely stunning due do her hard work and creativity. I got so many compliments on my bouquet as I went through the airport to our honeymoon, too! So fun! Thanks, Lois!

Lois was great to work with. She is very professional and creative. She is great at what she does. The floral arrangements we were thinking of didn’t really work together as a whole, so luckily she felt comfortable enough to give us her opinion. As a professional vendor, she is exactly why we chose her. She is creative, professional, and detail oriented. We gave her a budget and allowed her the flexibility to do what she wanted with the wedding canopy and it was absolutely perfect. The centerpieces and bouquet were amazing and surprisingly lasted for days after the wedding!

Ericka · Married on 04/18/2015

Lois was so easy to work with! Her website has beautiful photos and that's where I found the bouquet and arch flowers I wanted. The flowers looked better than I expected! Lois was very prompt in arriving and was so kind. I only wish I was able to take my bouquet home...at least we have pictures of her beautiful work! Thank you so much Lois!!

Donna · Married on 03/01/2015

Flawless. Exquisite. Modern. Spectacular florals for our Maui wedding March 1, 2015. The orchid boutonieres, calla lilly maid of honour bouquet, purple mokara and white hydrangea table arrangements, white orchid hair flowers, cake flowers, flower girl rose petals, she took care of it all and it was all unbelievably beautiful. Elegant glass floating candle holders. And I took it all back to our beach house and the orchids continued to glow all week.

Tip: you can get arrangements that go from end of aisle on chairs for ceremony to table for reception! Timely communications via email, professional answers to my many queries, meticulous attention to detail, and she delivered everything and set it all up for us. Love love love her!

• User4132090 · 2+ years ago

One of my favorite parts about my wedding were the flowers. I am SO happy my planner went through Lois! My bouquet was stunning and I absolutely loved it.

Heather · Married on 01/02/2014

My bouquet and our table arrangements were beautiful. We only email two or three times and Lois delivered exactly what I wanted!

Heidi · Married on 11/25/2013

Lois' was great to work with. She was recommended by my wedding planner and the flowers and centerpieces were perfect and exceeded my expectations. I would recommend Lois to anyone getting married on Maui!

Alana · Married on 10/20/2013

Lois Hiranga's floral creations are breathtaking! Lois patiently spent time with me on the phone (I live on the mainland) to make sure the flowers she used were what I would like. I could hear the excitement in her voice as she talked about the flowers and designs and I knew right away I'd chosen someone who was truly passionate about their work. When I actually saw her designs the day of my wedding they took my breath away. The bridal bouquet moved my mother to tears. Everything was beyond perfect, exactly what I had hoped for!
    Thank you Lois for making my wedding flowers look like something out of a fairy tale!

Chelsea · Married on 02/19/2013

Lois was amazing! We met with her during a planning trip to Maui, and she was great. She showed us a portfolio of her work and even took us to the wholesaler to show us some of the different flowers available. We discussed some general ideas at that time, but I really didn't know what I wanted. Choosing flowers was really hard for me, and I put it off about as long as possible (sorry Lois). When I finally gave her some direction, it was very general in terms of colors and flower types. The only flower I knew I wanted was plumeria, but it was a bit early in the season so she couldn't promise anything. She designed my bouquet to be gorgeous with or without the plumeria and when she dropped it off, it looked beautiful. Then she hurried out of there to run to the airport to pick up my plumerias and get back in time to add them to my bouquet! I couldn't believe it! Lois went above and beyond to ensure my vision was met. The bouquets and centerpieces were picture perfect and the boutonnieres she designed were so unique. She was so easy to work with and really wanted to make sure we were happy. I'd highly recommend her to anyone!

• Cheryl

Cheryl · Married on 11/23/2012

We wanted everyone at the wedding to have a unique lei. I had a triple strand triple crown heart lei. My husband had a ti leaf lei with triple crown heart flowers woven into it. My 12 year old son was the best man, and he had the coolest lei...a cigar lei! My sister-in-law was my matron of honor and wore a double green orchid lei. Our mothers each got a ginger lei. My dad and brother had kukui nuts with greenery. My nephews each wore rainbow plumeria leis, and our friends wore a kukui nut lei and a single orchid lei. I had a beautiful bouquet with orchids, mokara, mini calla lilies and pin cushion proteas. It was the most gorgeous bouquet I've ever seen! My sister-in-law's bouquet complimented mine and was beautiful as well! The flowers were one of our highest expenditures, but it was totally worth it! Lois was so patient talking with me helping me to decide on each lei. I spoke with her on the phone for about an hour and a half, and I knew I didn't need to talk to her again because I totally trusted her to have everything completed. I was right!! She's wonderful!!

c · Married on 10/16/2010

My husband and I used "Lois Hiranaga Floral Design" for our Maui wedding, in November, 2010. My wedding planner recommend her for the floral decor, so I went to her site and I was astounded at what I saw, everything was beautiful! Working with Lois is a pleasure, she is very patient and she was willing to work with me on finding alternatives that were affordable and within our price range.

Myself and my family being from NYC, immediately thought the leis and the bouquets were absolutely beautiful, but then it really sunk in when we got tons of compliments from my husbands' family, who were also from Maui. Hawaiians are so used to seeing beautiful flowers and colors, so when THEY said the flowers were gorgeous, I knew it was truly special.

I remember when she gave me my bouquet for the first time, I noticed that there were pearl-like pins in the front and back. She explained to me to keep the pins in the front because that was the most photographic side- I was shocked! I hadn't even thought of that! Lois' work is extremely detailed and she has a great knack for color and placement. She has a minimalist style and it's so detailed that her work transforms into something more- true artwork. Lois' floral work was the true highlight of my wedding.

Lois Hiranaga is an artist, I fully recommend her for any floral design one might need, you won't regret!

Kaite · Married on 09/12/2016

Lois's work is a dream. Having a destination wedding it's really hard to visualize and convey the floral concept you want to have at your wedding. After numerous e-mails with pictures sent and an hour long phone conversation about my vision, Lois nailed it. The florals were absolutely perfect and exactly what I had envisioned. I highly recommend her to any bride!

Marnie · Married on 03/14/2014

Lois did a fantastic job on our wedding flowers! She did the bouquets, centerpieces, leis, and cake flowers. All were absolutely gorgeous! I'd originally wanted to use pink and white plumerias as our flowers, but Lois quickly explained that those would not be in season for our March wedding (though I did notice they started blooming shortly after our wedding, so guess I was just slightly too early!), so we ended up going with fushia pink, white, and green orchids. I sent Lois a few pictures of designs I liked, and she merged the designs just perfectly! Her service was also top notch. On our wedding day there was a bit of rain in the early afternoon, and due to that they weren't setting things up in case they needed to go into rain mode, so when Lois delivered the items she couldn't set up the displays. So she left and returned later to do it once the tables had been set up. She also stopped in to see me once she was done to make sure I was satisfied with everything. I only wish I could have brought back some reminder of our flowers, but due to restrictions on bringing plants back to the mainland, I had to leave everything behind....