Log House Garden at Willow Lake Reviews

17 Reviews for Log House Garden at Willow Lake

• Melissa

Melissa Murphy · Married on 07/21/2019

Beautiful place!

This is the most beautiful venue in the Salem/Keizer area! The flowers makes the place absolutely gorgeous. Lanora is great to work with and knows what she's doing. She was always very responsive to our questions and great to work with. Thank you for making our day wonderful!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Log House Garden at Willow Lake's reply:

Melissa and Andrew, Thank you so much for your review. Your wedding was wonderful and we loved working with both of you and your families. Best Wishes always. John and Lanora
  • Iris

Iris Yip · Married on 07/06/2019

Beautiful Venue

This venue was absolutely perfect! Everywhere you looked, there was a picture perfect place to take a photo. Lanora and John were also so kind and helpful. If you're wanting an outdoor wedding, this venue would be the perfect place.

Sent on 09/25/2019

Renata · Married on 06/29/2019

Stunning venue

Lanora and her husband were amazing to work with and helped make our wedding day perfect. The grounds are beyond beautiful and they easily held all or our guests with plenty of photo opportunities and activities to do.

Sent on 07/20/2019

Tammy · Married on 09/10/2016

Absolutely amazing place for a wedding or any event... All the flowers were in bloom and gorgeous...The grounds were spectacular like no one had even had an event there the day before....The owners were the nicest people ever and such a pleasure to work with before and during the event, they were available for all of our needs....I would highly recommend this venue for any event!!!

Sent on 09/23/2016

Charlotte · Married on 07/18/2015

Recently got married at the Log House! The venue was so beautiful, and the owners were so great to work with! They take a lot of pride in the place and it shows! Could not have asked for a better venue.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Log House Garden at Willow Lake's reply:

Thank you so much Charlotte and Daniel. You both were so wonderful to work with. We wish you every happiness.

Oh my goodness, we could not have chosen a better venue to have our wedding at! The owners were wonderful they were there every step of the way, from allowing us to come visit the property as often as we wanted to making sure we started the wedding on time. If you want an outdoor wedding, and would like the ceremony at the same location as your reception this is the place to celebrate your day!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Janna · Married on 07/04/2014

The entire weekend we couldn't stop commenting on how perfect our wedding was. The venue looked absolutely beautiful and countless guests told us what a wonderful choice Log House Garden was for our wedding. The owners take such wonderful care of the grounds and Lanora was so sweet and helpful to us along the way. We are so happy we chose Log House Garden for our wedding!

Sent on 07/09/2014

It's been 1 week since our daughter's wedding here and I must say, we couldn't have chosen a more perfect venue.

First, the owners really take pride in their property. The grounds are simply stunning and absolutely immaculate. Second, the owners themselves are a dream to work with. They feel like family and really take a personal interest in the couples and families that wed there. Lanora was so helpful and responsive to all my questions that arose during the planning process. I/we had such a great experience here at the Log House Garden and would highly recommend to any bride and groom.

Thank you for making our daughter's wedding a truly magical day!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Cassy · Married on 09/22/2013

Log House Garden was the perfect place for our wedding! This venue is absolutely gorgeous. We knew the first time we visited the site that it was exactly what we were looking for.

John and Lanora were fantastic to work with as well. Lanora did a great job at helping answer and and all questions I had about her venue as well as anything else I was unsure of with our wedding plans. She truly is an expert at what she does.

Sent on 10/17/2013

Megan · Married on 08/24/2013

Lanora and John are the Greatest. Your venue site is the most beautiful place for a wedding. You make everything run so smoothly and are always there to help. We can't thank you guys enough. I will be recommending you and your gardens to everyone. A rating of 5 isn't enough for all you did for us. You deserve at least a 10++. Thanks again.

Sent on 11/19/2013

Everything was absolutely beautiful! John and Lanora are such wonderful people, they are attentive to the finest details to their beautiful property. They were so helpful, Lanora brought a plate full of appetizers before the Reception for my bridesmaids and I, that was so kind of her. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 07/19/2013

Sarah · Married on 08/28/2010

I absolutely loved my experience with Log House Gardens! We visited over 20 venues in search off the perfect venue for our outdoor wedding. As soon as we arrived at Log House Gardens, we knew we had found our venue. Lanora and her staff were so pleasant to work with! They were such a help in planning out the day itself, but they also recommended vendors, accommodated planning sessions at the venue, and even helped with last minute details and emergencies the day before and day of our wedding. If you are looking for a truly stunning outdoor venue, you have to see Log House Gardens.

Sent on 10/08/2010

Nichole · Married on 07/24/2010

I booked this venue for the ceremony only because at the time, they were working on an outdoor reception area on the premises. By the wedding on 7/24/10, the reception area was complete and gorgeous. Lanora and her family are Extremely easy to work with and flexible. The venue was always available to us to stop by without notice just to look at it or show it to someone. Lanora also takes it upon herself to line up the wedding party and get everything moving so I, as the mother of the bride and sole wedding planner was able to relax and enjoy the wedding. If you haven't been to Log House Gardens, you need to. Once you see it, you will fall in love with it and you could not have a better group of people to work with. Now with the beautiful reception area, you can plan your whole event there. My daughter's wedding was beautiful, memorable and flawless because of Lanora's assistance. Thank you so much to Lanora, her husband and her niece. If you live in the Salem area and want an outdoor wedding, you could not do any better than the Log House Gardens at Willow Lake Nursery. If I could give them a 50 star rating, I would. I would recommend them to anyone and will continue to tell people how wonderful they are to work with for the big day. Thank you again Lanora and family for helping make my daughter's dream wedding come true. Check it out online at http://www.loghousegarden.com then go see it. You'll love it and it will save you money on flowers because it has so many you don't need any more.

Sent on 07/28/2010
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/01/2019

Beautiful Garden Wedding Venue

When looking for a wedding venue I wanted something that we could really make our own. The Log House Gardens provided table and chairs, as well as a beautifully kept up grounds but the rest you really could do yourself. We were able to bring any other vendors we wanted including catering. Lanora was so lovely at working with us she and her husband were there every step of the way.

We were given a rehearsal in our package and when we arrived for that the grounds were ready and lovely. Then for the wedding day, they let the vendors in early to begin setting up and there wasn't a single hitch. It all looked amazing. Some people have said on here and other sites that they didn't enjoy having the owners there all day but I found it very helpful to have them nearby and attentive.

Some things about the venue you should know are they have some pretty strict rules in terms of what is allowed to be done to and on the property. It makes total sense given that it is the couple's property and they want to protect it! Just read the contract carefully and make sure to follow the guidelines. They also have a strict ending time, everything gets cleaned up and is out after sunset. This meant our wedding had to end around 7:45/8 which would be considered early for a lot of couples/families. We just adjusted and made our ceremony time at 2:00 pm.

Our wedding day was lovely and the venue absolutely knocked it out of the park for us. There were 100 places we could take photos, to have both scenic and cozy backdrops. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 09/16/2019

Log House Garden at Willow Lake's reply:

Lauren and Michael, thank you so much for your review. We are always so happy to hear that couples had the best day of their lives here. We loved working with you and your families. Best Wishes always. John and Lanora

Sarah · Married on 05/30/2015

I love this place! It is so beautiful!!! The owners are so wonderful and flexible as well. You can really tell that they take a lot of pride in their beautiful grounds. I love that they have this in Keizer because it was so close to our home. They gave such amazing service and were extremely helpful during the whole year of planning. It is definitely pricey and took a lot of our budget, so that was the only thing that was hard to choose this place. However, I did not have to use a lot of our budget for flowers, because they were already provided.
    They have a great reception area! There is a place for the caterers, the DJ, and room for 300 people, which was huge for us!
    It's a beautiful venue. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/21/2015

Log House Garden at Willow Lake's reply:

Sarah and Aaron, Thank you so much for all of your kind words. Your wedding was beautiful. And it was so enjoyable working with both of you. Have a wonderful rest of the summer.

Valerie · Married on 08/16/2014

This Venue was BEAUTIFUL! My friends and family were completely blown away by how beautifully landscaped this garden is. Lanora is so wonderful to work with and is quick to respond back to me any time I sent her an email or gave her a call. She really helps you figure out how you want the venue set up for your big day and has a great place that caterers and DJ's love to be at. There is a grooms getting ready room and a Bridal room, both have AC which was great for our very hot August 16th wedding. I definitely did not have to buy any flowers because this place is just filled with gorgeous arrangements. -Valerie Jordan

Sent on 08/22/2014
  • Janelle

Janelle · Married on 08/26/2016

Log House Gardens is the most beautiful venue I have seen in the Salem/Keizer area. I worked at Abernathy Center in Oregon City for 5 years and was very particular and picky when it came to picking a venue. I cried when leaving venues because of my disappointment. When I saw Log House Garden for the first time, I couldn't believe it. We left the venue and I all of a sudden was in tears because I loved it so much but it was a little out of our budget. My fiancé looked at me and said "you want to get married there, don't you?" And we made it happen. Lanora and John are just the sweetest! Lanora kept in touch throughout the year once we were booked and assisted my DJ with day-of coordinating since I didn't have a coordinator. I am so thankful and feel so blessed to have gotten married here. Thank you for EVERYTHING!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Log House Garden at Willow Lake's reply:

Thank you so much Janelle and Kyle. We loved getting to know you both. You were a beautiful bride and a handsome groom. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. We wish you the very best. John and Lanora