Locks & Lashes Reviews

30 Reviews for Locks & Lashes

• Lauren

Lauren Keating 路 Getting married on 06/10/2021

Amazing Experience

Allison is literally the best!! She made me look amazing on my wedding day. Brides: Make sure you go to your trials!! Thankfully, Allison booked me a trial and told me to text her what I loved and didn't like, and on my wedding day she did all the changes and it looked stunning. I had so many people compliment my makeup and hair. HIGHLY recommend Locks and Lashes for makeup AND hair especially on your wedding!!

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Keating 路 Getting married on 06/10/2021

Amazing Experience

Sent on 10/20/2020

Kelsey Gourley 路 Getting married on 04/09/2021

Allison is incredible!

Allison was one of the best decisions I made with regards to my wedding! She was accommodating in terms of working around my schedule (both for the trial and day-of), and she was a much needed calm-under-pressure presence on the big day. I wasn't exactly sure of how I wanted my hair and makeup, and with little guidance, she was able to read my mind and gave me the perfect look. Highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Morgan Verplank 路 Married on 10/17/2020

AMAZING!!! Highly recommend.

L&L was amazing! They are so knowledgeable and professional. All of my girls LOVED their makeup. They made adjustments if we wanted to change something and worked until we were all satisfied with the final product. They made my wedding day run so smoothly. DO NOT HESITATE- BOOK THEM ASAP! 馃槂

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Shelley

Shelley Simpson 路 Married on 08/08/2020

Kiala is a rockstar

Our wedding, like may others, was affected by COVID-19. We had to quickly relocate our ceremony/reception to Virginia in our hometown. I reached out to Locks & Lashes for hair & makeup artist to be on-site for my wedding and received a response immediately from Kiala. Pricing was super reasonable and booking came with a complimentary hair & makeup trial.

I always get nervous when other people do my hair and makeup because I am never happy with the results. So when I went for my trial with Kiala I didn;t know how I would react. She blew me away with how precise she was able to create the boho hair style that I wanted perfectly. Also my airbrush makeup was so beautiful and complimented me so well. She even recommened a lip color that I would ever have picked out for myseld and it was perfect.

Outside of just being able to make me feel beautiful and create the look I wanted for my wedding day, Kiala was truly my saving grace on the day of. While being surrounded by friends and family is blessing, it can cause stress on your wedding day. I opted not to have bridemaids and instead get ready on my own. Kiala created a peaceful, relaxing atmosphere which allowed me to calm my nerves before the big event.

FIVE STARS. Couldn't have been happier. Thank you so much, Kiala! You are a true PRO.

Sent on 06/27/2020
  • Katelyn

Katelyn 路 Married on 07/11/2020

Absolutely beautiful

Allison and her team went above and beyond for myself and my bridesmaids. I reached out to her four months before the wedding after the lady I originally hired backed out unexpectedly. Allison was understanding and took care of everything. We had an absolute blast getting ready on the day of the wedding and everyone looked stunning.

Sent on 07/29/2020
  • Claire

Claire Keeling 路 Married on 07/03/2020

Incredible!

Allison & her team are truly phenomenal. I loved every second working with them. Allison is so sweet, attentive, and fun. She listened to every concern & made me feel absolutely stunning on my wedding day. She is so talented and I felt completely comfortable with her styling me on one of the biggest days of my life. Thank you so much, Allison!

Sent on 07/09/2020
  • Lydia

Lydia 路 Married on 04/26/2020

Excellent Wedding Hair/Makeup

So glad we chose Locks & Lashes for our wedding hair and makeup! Allison was incredible - she welcomed feedback during the bridal trial and helped me achieve a gorgeous look while still looking like myself :) her assistant Lydia was a wizard with hair, as well, and they both made my bridal party feel pampered and beautiful. Would gladly recommend them to anyone needing hair and makeup services!

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley Galbreath 路 Married on 04/25/2020

Allison is great!

I'm a COVID bride (original date was in April) and we ended up rescheduling twice before we finally got the big day we originally planned. Through it all, Allison worked with us to make sure that she, or another stylist from her salon, would still be able to do my hair for the big day! She responds quickly, is very friendly, and made my hair look exactly like the picture I showed her (that I found on Pinterest). My bridesmaids loved their hair as well! And even better: she doesn't charge a ridiculous amount, like some other places do, just because it's for a wedding! If you're getting married in the Lynchburg area, definitely consider Allison!

Sent on 08/07/2020
  • Karla

Karla 路 Married on 11/10/2019

My Wedding

Allison was amazing! She went above & beyond gave me advice, helped me with hair extensions & hair clips. She perfectly delivered my vision for my big day. Hair & makeup surpassed all expectations & lasted through every tear, smile, laugh.

Sent on 12/14/2019
  • Stefany

Stefany Baltazar Alarcon 路 Married on 10/26/2019

I couldn't have asked for more!!

Allison was a pleasure to work with! First she was able to accommodate me when I only had a month and a half to plan my wedding. We did the trial run for hair and makeup only 2 days before my wedding and she listened to every concern I had on the trial day. On the day of wedding she was early and ready with her sweet assistant. She did a beautiful job and I was very pleased! Even with my crazy bridal group they were able to stay calm and professional! I will definitely use them again and refer her and her team. Thank you Allison!!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany 路 Married on 10/12/2019

What an amazing experience!

Where do I even begin! Allison did such an AMAZING job on my hair and make-up for my big day! I'm not usually one to wear a full face of make-up and had really no idea how I wanted to do my hair or anything for that matter for my big day. When we met for my trial make-up and hair run she was so great in explaining everything and making sure I was comfortable with lashed being put on and things to that nature. She made me look beautiful with no direction from me. When the day of my wedding came, she arrived before I did to set up, and one of my bridesmaids was at the venue before me. I originally did not have this bridesmaid set up to have her make-up done, but Allison did it anyways and that bridesmaid and my maid of honor look amazing! She was such a pleasure to work with and was so accommodating that I was able to relax and enjoy what was happening! She is DEFINITELY a MUST HAVE for any wedding hair and make-up! 鈾ワ笍

Sent on 10/21/2019

Lauren 路 Married on 10/05/2019

On-Location, Professional, Reliable

Wow! Allison did such a great job on my makeup for my wedding. She really listened to what I was wanting, and did an AMAZING job! I also had my bridesmaids hair/makeup done as well, which looked wonderful. Definitely recommend Locks & Lashes for your Hair and MUA needs!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin 路 Married on 08/31/2019

Amazing Experience-Highly Recommend

I went with Locks and Lashes based on the reviews I read and honestly, I could not have asked for a better hair and make-up artist for my wedding day! During my hair and make-up trial, I simply showed Allison pictures of some hair and make-up styles I liked from Pinterest, but really left it up to her. She managed to create exactly what I had imagined, despite my lack of description. Not only was my hair beautiful, but it held throughout my entire wedding day despite my hair thickness. As for my make-up, I was a little hesitant as I usually don't wear much. Allison was very accommodating and informative about the various products and methods she uses (airbrush vs. traditional). She truly created a very natural airbrush look for me that made me feel both comfortable and confident (plus it was super light and withheld all the tears I shed that day)!

In addition, Allison and her assistant provided traditional make-up and hair for a few bridesmaids, mother of the bride, and mother of the groom. Everyone looked absolutely stunning and was highly impressed with Allison's (and her assistant's) work. Overall, I was super satisfied with the services Allison and her assistant provided and highly recommend her for those seeking beautiful hair and make-up for various occasions!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Gonzalez 路 Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing Experience!

Alison was amazing! She was super professional and personable. She went above and beyond to get my thin hair looking it鈥檚 best, by buying extensions, and allowing me to have another hair trail so we could practice with the extensions. She made sure that I was comfortable and looked my best on my big day! Highly, highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Leslie 路 Married on 04/20/2019

Wonderful!

Allison and her make-up assistant were extremely kind, professional, and easy to work with. I loved the look and quality of make-up for both myself and my bridal crew - everyone looked natural and flawless! As someone who doesn't wear a lot of make-up, I also appreciated that Allison was open my questions and thoughts throughout the process and made me comfortable on my wedding day.

Sent on 07/13/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Hinkle 路 Married on 03/08/2019

Super personable and easy to talk to. Loved having her be apart of my big day!

Alison was so great! She was very sociable and easy to talk to. I have extremely thin hair and she went out of her way to make sure my hair looked full enough for my wedding. She really listened to what I wanted for both hair and makeup. I would go back to her anytime and would recommend her to my friends any day!

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Laryssa

Laryssa 路 Married on 01/05/2019

Allison is Great!

Allison did airbrush makeup for my engagement photos and my wedding day! She was quick getting my makeup done and did an incredible job! I absolutely loved my makeup and she is very kind and professional! I highly recommend her services!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Abigail 路 Married on 11/03/2018

Wonderful!

Allison was great on my wedding day and the time planning prior as well! She was more than punctually on the day of. All staff were kind and great to be around. She was efficient and my girls and I were all ready as planned in time to take pictures. Allison even gave me a thank you kit with some last minute supplies people may forget on their wedding day including make up wipes, tissues, etc.

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • Raina

Raina 路 Married on 10/13/2018

Ahhhmazing!

She is wonderful! She was so great during my trial and really listened to what I wanted. On the day of my wedding she arrived ready to go and worked so well with my wedding party! I would recommend her to all soon-to-be Mrs. 5 stars!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Alex 路 Married on 10/07/2018

Allison is absolutely amazing! She's so good at following your vision for your hair and makeup and her skills are killer. She's super easy to communicate with, and bounce ideas off of. Highly recommend having her be a part of your day!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Jannah 路 Married on 09/02/2018

I'm so glad I chose Locks & Lashes to do my hair and makeup for my wedding! Allison was easy to work with and listened to what I wanted. I can't wait to see my wedding photos, I loved my hair and makeup. I definitely recommend Allison!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Leslie 路 Married on 08/04/2018

Allison was terrific! She listened to what I wanted and delivered!!! I had so many compliments on how I looked at my daughter's wedding...all terrific. I felt beautiful and that was thanks to Allison!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Locks & Lashes's reply:

Leslie, it was a pleasure being a part of your daughters big day! I enjoyed meeting all your family members and sharing the morning with you all.

Allison

Sydney Elaine 路 Married on 07/22/2018

Alison did a wonderful job with my wedding hair! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Locks & Lashes's reply:

Sydney! Thank you so much for your kind words! Your wedding was nothing short of fabulous! I'm anxiously awaiting the photographs and videography to be completed! Allison

Kathryn 路 Married on 05/20/2018

Allison was AMAZING. She did my hair and makeup for my wedding and I couldn鈥檛 have been happier. I showed her pictures of what I wanted and she captured it perfectly. She is so cheerful and kind and honest and I really appreciated that about her. I would hands down recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Locks & Lashes's reply:

Kathryn, I appreciate the time you took to give such an awesome review! I was so excited to help give you the best look for your elopement on the parkway, it was lovely! It was also so warming to meet your sweet pup too! Allison