Lock 16 Visitor Center and I&M Canal Boat Reviews

2 | La Salle, IL

2 Reviews for Lock 16 Visitor Center and I&M Canal Boat

Peter · Married on 05/25/2013

Our coordinator Julie with the Lock 16 Center and staff did an excellent job of making our day very special. The canal boat was something our guests and our kids loved. It was very memorable and we will be back to enjoy the canal boat and food at the Lock 16 Center again soon!

Sent on 02/18/2014

Ashley · Married on 06/24/2012

3.6
      2.5
      3.5
      3.5

The staff, especially the wait staff, was extremely friendly. I even lost my great aut's ring and every single one of them searched high and low for it. The food was wonderful and I was very pleased. However, the communication amongst the event planning staff left a lot to be desired. My groom, brother and the best man had to finish cleaning the boat the MORNING of our wedding, which put the groomsmen horribly behind schedule-wise. The boat itself is adorable and my guests loved the mule. The lock is very cute but certain things like having racks holding t-shirt bags behind our sign-in table did get overlooked. The venue itself is on the smaller side but if your wedding is 60 people or less, it'll work fine. The weather was so incrediby hot but we had sandalwood fans and mini icepacks for guests, which helped. However, if you are having a summer wedding and do not do something along those lines, your guests will be miserable if your ceremony is on the boat. If the weather's pretty, it'd be great. We had appetizers and a bar on the boat for the ride which followed the ceremony, which I highly recommend doing, because our guests loved it. It did rain a little but when they were able to, guests loved the boat ride because it was unique and the wildlife along the canal was a nice touch. You can play music on the boat but you can't really hear it upstairs unless you want the guests downstairs to go deaf. If you decide to use them, DEFINITELY get the mule to pull the boat. It's been a month since our wedding and people still tell me how neat it was. This venue would be better for a luncheon, shower or something along those lines but over all, I am happy we chose to get married on the boat -- headaches and all -- and use the lock for our reception.

Sent on 07/30/2012