33 Reviews for L'Mode Bridal Custom N Alterations

Bride (1)
Alterations (1)
Customary (1)
Undergarments (1)

Dorie did an excellent job altering my Stella York wedding gown. We had several appointments together and continued to work on the dress until I was completely satisfied. My dress was very detailed with lace and layers, and she was a perfectionist to keep the dress in perfect form. It is very difficult to trust someone to alter and protect your wedding dress, but Dorie made it easy! She is great to work with, nearby, and competitive with her pricing. My sister and I both were completely satisfied with her alterations work for both of our gowns. I highly recommend L'Mode Alterations!

Profile Picture Stephanie , 3/24/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Dory was a life saver! My dress did not fit me properly at all, despite how beautiful it was. I bought it at a popular bridal boutique, but it needed so much work in order to for it to look great on my wedding day. Dory made that happen. After careful and thoughtful planning, she made my dress look as though it was made for me. It was incredible the work she put into it! Her office is her apartment which is very professional and private, and you get to see all the many styles she works with. She is also very helpful with undergarments, and adaptations should you need them. She is professional, timely, and affordable. She is also very kind and sweet and easy to work with. Thank you so much, Dory, for making my dress beautiful for my very special day. I can't say enough good things about Dory! Sincerely, Kelly McNaughton (formerly Sakamoto)

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/8/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Customary, Undergarments, Bride, Alterations

Lmode bridal is providing best quality Custom Wedding Gowns, Alterations, & Prom Dresses at affodable price, perfect place online clothes for wedding.

Profile Picture User4605204, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Dorie is very talented. She can listen to your vision and make it come to life. My dress was made from scratch and it was EXACTLY what I wanted. She is very talented.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/17/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I've never met Dorie Kong in person. I just sent her my measurement through facebook messages. I can't believe that my custom made dress is a PERFECT FIT! She is highly skilled in her field and I truly recommend her for tailoring your wedding dress.

Profile Picture Dalila, 7/7/13, 1 Review
4.2

She does a fantastic job and is very sweet.

Profile Picture User3340418, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Dori is an amazing creator!! She took my Grandmothers gown, that both my Auntie and Mother wore and redesigned it to be Mine!! The Dress was MAGNIFICENT!! Truely one of a kind! She also added a great pop of color to my Bridesmades dresses and altered the back to match mine that laced up! I could not have been happier with my dress, Bridesmades dresses, hand designed Garter and a perfectly color pop matching Jacket that was created as well! The Pictures are the best reminder of the Best Day!!

Profile Picture Caroline, 4/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

From the moment we met Dorie, she was a creative and designing genius. When I described the look and vision of how I wanted to look as a bride, she make my vision come alive as she sketched my visions to perfection. She then translated this sketch to a once in a lifetime dream wedding gown.
Dorie was instrumental in my wedding day. She created a wedding dress that many compared to Kate Middleton’s wedding dress and also the wedding dress worn in the “Sound of Music” movie. The dress had four different looks that made it appear so beautiful in my photography.
Dorie is a designing genius and has an extreme talent to bring out the best and most flattering designs for every bride. I recommend Dorie Kong Designs, if you want a timeless, unique, flattering and breathtakingly beautiful wedding dress for your special day.
I am forever grateful for Dorie Kong for making my wedding dress and for making me a beautiful bridal vision on the most important day of my life.

Profile Picture Rosemary, 12/15/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Dorie was great and super flexible. I brought my dress in 4 days before my wedding...initially it needed a slight tuck that my mom could do but when I tried my dress back on you could fit a cantelope in the back of it. L'Mode did a good job with alterations but good thing I was wearing a bra when I brought it in because she took it in just a bit too much. Thankfully with no bra it worked perfectly and looked great but if I was bustier and needed a bra it could have been a problem

Profile Picture User2425846, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had taken my gown to another seamstress and while nice, her work left me very disappointed. I knew I had to find someone else to help fix it. I search the web and found Dorie and L'Mode Bridal. After reading reviews I was confident that while a little pricey they would do the job well the first time...they proved me right! They changed my bustle and contructed a beautiful French bustle. The existing sleeves restricted my arms so that I couldn't lift them past my shoulders...they fixed that problem and made beautiful little cap sleeves. They elongated the bodice and added the extra buttons I had to the back of the gown. I highly recommend L'Mode Bridal. They listen to what you want and make you feel like a queen. :)

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/18/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Dorie is a true pleasure to work with. She listens, is patient, gives recommedations...but lets you make the decisions. She does absolutely beautiful work. Her work is a mix of creativity and precision. I felt truly amazing on my wedding day! I will not hesitate to use Dorie again.

Profile Picture keely, 9/1/11, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

L'Mode Bridal was wonderful. They worked with us at the last minute to provide excellent alterations to our daughter's wedding dress. They made a stressful time, calming and did it quickly and without flaws. I would highly recommend them for their service and customer service as well. Thanks from the mother of the bride.

Profile Picture Venita, 7/30/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)

I cannot stop talking about Dorie! I absolutely love her!!! She is just amazing! She not only provided me my wedding dress, she made it from scratch. We planned it out together and she sketched out exactly what I wanted and I watched as my dress came to life on paper. She worked with my budget, and did not overcharge me for anything. She is absolutely amazing! I recommend her to anyone for any occasion. She made my wedding dress, and made my bridesmaids dresses as well. When my husband saw my bridesmaids and myself walk down the aisle, his jaw was just dropped. He loved all the dresses. Thank you Dorie!!!

Profile Picture Kristine, 7/21/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Dorie did an exceptional job, my dress was perfect. It is a little expensive but worth it!

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/25/11, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I bought my wedding dress at a sample sale, so it needed to be altered quite a bit. Dorie Kong, the owner, did a superb job of basically re-constructing the bottom 1/3 of my dress and creating a bustle and sash. The end product looked flawless, and I could not have been happier with my wedding day look.

Profile Picture Adena, 6/18/11, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I purchased my dress from the White Dress and was referred by several friends to L'Mode. Dorie was very reassuring from the beginning that she could make the changes I needed, which included letting out the bust, removing 3 layers of tulle and changing the neckline. Her work was impeccable and I couldn't be happier with my dress.
The reason I scored a little lower on value was because I didn't negotiate at all or have an itemized list of what each change cost. I think if it was spelled out more clearly I would have realized the value in each alteration. But I do love that she will do unlimited alterations up to your wedding, even if it is from weight gain or loss that is not her fault. Trust Dorie - she will make you look beautiful!

Profile Picture rachel, 4/30/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

L'Mode Bridal did an excellent job on alterations on my wedding dress! Dorie added sleeves and a corset and the dress looked like it was made that day. She is very easy to work with. A bit pricey but as they say you get what you pay for and it was perfect!

Profile Picture Misty, 4/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I loved working with L'Mode Bridal. I had a vision for my dress, and Dorie executed on it perfectly. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Shauna, 4/3/11, 1 Review
3.8

I think that Dori is an amazing person. She knows her customers. She took a dress down for me that was about 8 sizes to big and made it look beautiful. My only concern is in the chest there was wrippling of the material and the price was a bit high (although to be expected in my situation) If you have money to spend this is a great place. She has an eye for design.

Profile Picture User1134303, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Dori was amazing! I'm so glad I found her on this website. I have already referred many of my friends; and my mom got her dress altered here as well. I couldn't have been happier with the service. My dress looked amazing! I received so many compliments on my dress. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/25/10, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I took my dress to Dorie to alter before the wedding after finding her review on Wedding Wire. At first I was a little shocked/disappointed/annoyed that it cost so much for a simple bust alteration, bustle and steam ($489) but after she finished the dress and I went to pick it up I could not BELIEVE how amazing she made my already perfect dress. I was sure my dress needed no alterations and the fact that she made it fit even better than before was a very pleasant surprise. The dress fit perfectly and the bustle was in line with the rest of the dress. It was ready to go on time and looked amazing on me. I would go back to Dorie in a second no matter what the price. She really does work miracles.

Profile Picture Megan, 9/5/10, 16 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a dress purchased by family that was custom made but when it got to me, the top would not stay up and the bustle was not done well. It was a little too big too. I found L'mode on a google search. The website said that Dorie likes a challenge and that she could fix any dress and makes them too. Dorie made me comfortable almost immediately. She performed alterations on the dress that made it fit better and the dress looked great on our wedding day. Dorie got the wedding gown done in time and it was so much better than when I took it to her. Her prices for alterations were fair. Her work was professional and efficient.

Profile Picture angela, 4/18/10, 11 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

They took a dress that was already made and did a total remake for me. I wanted a detachable train so they cut off the existing train, we had fabric for them to make the new train and she also made a balero jacket for me as well. I thought at first I was not going to be happy but when I went in and they did the first adjustments everything fell into place. I had been very sick for about 3 months and gained 10 pounds, they took out the zipper and added the corset type back to make the dress fit with no additional charge. Dori (the owner) make a quick drawing of the back to give me an idea, 2 weeks later and I was back in for the fitting and voile the perfect fit! Dori and Vicki are both great, at times the is a bit of a language barrier but no big deal. She may not be the cheapest place in town but by far the best in invissioning YOUR dream and then making it come to life. Pam

Profile Picture User501671, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Dorie is a Magical Dress-maker and Wedding Gown Restylist. My wedding gown didn't fit me. It was 3" too tight. Dorie and her crew did some magic and it looked far beautiful than I could imagine. I was so worried and was on the verge searching for another gown. I was very lucky I called L'MODE before I made the move. L'MODE altered it to fit me and made me look like an angel. I looked 20 lbs lighter than the original design in the magazine. Don't be fooled by any cheap alterations seamstress. Acheiving qualtiy wedding gown alterations require profound skills. As this is my once in a lifetime event to impress and cherish my memory, I am so thankful to my friend Lysay for referring to me who had her wedding gown custom designed by her in 2005. Being said that I should have gone to her in the first place for having my wedding gown and bridesmaid dresses cusotm made by L'MODE. Dorie was very professional and very helpful working to benefit our interest. She did not try to convince me to buy another gown and she helped me to revamp the existing gown to help me to save thousands of dollars. I am very appreciative for her genuie interest helping me who was in desparate needs and met my deadline. I had a great experience working with Dorie and her crew members. If you need wedding gown custom made to fit you and worries free, Dorie is the one you should consult with. Or you should at least bring the wedding gown to L'MODE for the final adjustments and custom fit before the wedding day. Dorie, I can't say enough THANK YOU!

Profile Picture leticia, 8/9/09, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I love my dress! The people at the shop were very kind and helpful. Best of all they were not pushy and gave me the time I needed to decide on a dress! They never made me feel pressured or rushed. I would recommend them to anyone

Profile Picture Dorothy , 4/17/09, 6 Reviews