Lizzy Oakley Photography Reviews

34 Reviews for Lizzy Oakley Photography

• Ariel

Ariel Fittery · Getting married on 06/13/2020

Best. Experience. Ever.

Lizzy is by far, hands down, the BEST photographer!!! She made the entire experience so fun, relaxed and absolutely natural. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone getting married or someone who simply wants high quality photos for any occasion! We cannot rave enough!!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Allie

Allie Reynolds · Getting married on 06/13/2020

So beautiful and unique!

Lizzy made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera! She was so kind and professional and we were absolutely blown away by our pictures! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/25/2019

Candace Cutlip · Getting married on 04/04/2020

Super fun and easy to work with!

Lizzy is great! I hate having my picture taken but Lizzy made it fun and had me and my fiance laughing the whole time! She is fun, easy to work with, and very interested in working with exactly what you want. I would recommend her if you love natural candid photos of real laughter and fun.

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 11/09/2019

Our Wedding

Lizzy did an amazing job capturing all the emotions and fun at our wedding. The pictures really reflected the celebration of our marriage and I couldn’t be happier!

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Lange · Married on 11/02/2019

Lizzy Oakley Photography - Amazing!!

Lizzy was fantastic. I was extremely happy with my engagement photos. She delivered exactly what we were hoping for. She was very professional and timely with delivering the photos. We had to reschedule a few times due to the weather, but she was very flexible and responsive as we worked to find another date. I'm excited to see her work for my wedding photos!

Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Megan

Megan Brown · Married on 11/01/2019

Lizzy is great!

Lizzy did an amazing job at our wedding. It was small, unconventional and cold, but she was flexible and made it work while being friendly and engaging. I don't really like having my photo taken, but doing photos with my husband after the ceremony was one of the highlights of the day because she kept it fun. I would not hesitate to recommend Lizzy to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Andrea Bright · Married on 10/26/2019

Outstanding photography experience

I feel like all couples say “We loved our wedding photographer! They’re great!” But for real Lizzy is a cut above the rest. She could have chopped my arm off and I’d still be amazed. She’s that good. Hands down best move we made with the wedding was booking with her! I hate getting my picture taken but somehow she made it feel fun, nature, and normal. She’s very chill and laid back and overall a genuinely great person. We actually felt valued as people and not just another cookie cutter wedding day gig to crank photos out for. She’s the type of person you want around on your wedding day. She’s definitely not a photographer that makes you feel uncomfortable or puts all the pressure on you. She sets you up to actually enjoy the moment you are in and then while you are busy being present enjoying your fiancé/husband/wife/whoever she beautifully captures the raw and tangible emotions of those memories. We used her for engagement photos and our wedding photos and I’m so glad that we did. Getting the chance to meet with her and learn her style (and her getting to know us) definitely helped me feel more at ease the whole wedding day. If you are looking for a photographer book with Lizzy Oakley!!!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Jennifer · Married on 10/05/2019

The best! Fun! & talented!

My fiance and I had the best experience with Lizzy as our wedding photographer. She has a great talent and eye for photography. Her work is beautiful and unique and exactly what I was looking for and was an incredible turnout. On top of that, not only did my fiance and I have a great experience with her, but also the whole wedding party. I kept hearing compliment after compliment throughout the night on how great Lizzy was and how much fun the group had with her during the day. I would highly recommend Lizzy and would ask for assistance again in the future.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing!

This chick is AMAZING!! She is so cool and down to Earth. This was important to me because I didn't want a cookie cutter experience and the same cheesy style of photos you see so often. Lizzy is so creative and talented. She was a blast to work with, and I am soooo glad we chose her.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Jennifer Nguyen · Married on 07/27/2019

Highly rated

Lizzy was wonderful to work with from start to finish! She understood everything we imagined and she did just that by capturing every beautiful moment during our engagement photo session as well as our big day! She is really detailed and creative in her work. Lizzy is definitely recommended!!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Christine · Married on 05/18/2019

We hired our photographer for our wedding and the package also came with an engagement photo session! I was so happy to get some professional photos of us and she definitely did not dissapoint us! My fiancé was very nervous about getting photos taken and Lizzy made the experience so much fun for us! She’s also super accommodating to whatever you may need or want. I would recommend her to any friends or family I know. Thank you! Can’t wait for our wedding day to get some more amazing photos.

Sent on 07/08/2018
  • F

Freyja · Married on 04/20/2019

Laid back Lizzy, STUNNING photos.

Lizzy took STUNNING pictures of our wedding. She is fun, easy and laid-back to work with, and did a great job of coaching me and my camera-shy husband and our families through posed shots. She was in all the right places at the right times throughout the night. She's a pro, and takes her work seriously -- she took time out to do a site visit with us before the wedding so we could plan our shots. Looking at our pictures brings me back to a magical happy day, and the photos are blowing people away. I'm so glad we connected with Lizzy!!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Laura Sullivan · Married on 10/28/2018

Wedding photographer

Lizzy was wonderful to work with. She has a very chill personality which made us very comfortable on our wedding day. Her prices were reasonable and quality of work was beautiful.

Sent on 11/25/2018
  • bmsoranno

Breanna · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazingggg

Lizzy was absolutely amazing. We had a destination wedding in Nashville and are from Jersey. Originally I was very nervous about choosing wedding vendors being so far away, but Lizzy made it easy. We talked over the phone and communicated constantly via email. She was there to answer any questions and worked with me when had to change my timeline very close to the wedding. And the most important part was the photos which were amazing she is truly talented.

Sent on 02/19/2019

ASHLEY · Married on 10/18/2018

Simply Perfect

I am so happy that we made Lizzy a part of our big day!

The pictures turned out amazing. We had so much fun seeing all the little moments that she caught while being there. The secret hugs and kisses, the laughs, or our guests being serenaded by the D.J..

While the pictures are important (did I mention amazing) they are the end result of all the hard work that Lizzy has put into her profession. Every time we spoke on the phone she made me feel as if we had been friends for ages and couldn't wait to see me walk down the aisle. Her passion for photography shows in every picture and I am so glad we found someone that not only loves what they do but do a darn good job at it too.

Thank you Lizzy!

Sent on 11/20/2018
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 10/06/2018

Must book!!

Lizzy was extremely professional, easy to work with, and helped a lot with my awkward husband! I am SO happy I found her and she was available for my wedding date. Our engagement session pictures were beautiful and the pictures from our wedding were breathtaking. By far the best photographer out there. I HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Nicole · Married on 09/08/2018

Lizzy is amazing!! I wasn't even sure I wanted to do engagement photos because so many come out looking cheesy, but after I saw the photos she did for my sister and her fiance, I immediately booked Lizzy to do a session for me and my fiance. And I LOVE the photos that we got...very natural, very pretty and will look amazing framed and hung up in our new house :) Lizzy is also doing my sister's wedding this weekend and I can't wait to see how the photos come out.

She's also just super fun and easy to work with. Photos can be stressful, but the session we did with her was anything but!

Definitely hire Lizzy....you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/02/2018

RACHEL · Married on 07/07/2018

One of the best decisions I made while planning my wedding was hiring Lizzy Oakley for our photographer! I am SO grateful that we found her!! Her talent blows me away. My husband and I are so in love with our wedding photos! Each one is so beautiful and captures the sheer joy we felt on our wedding day. I don't know how she did it, but she was able to capture every aspect of our day. From the look on my husband's face as I walked down the aisle, to all the beautiful group shots of our wedding party, to the sweet moments during the father/daughter dance....I could go on and on. Every moment was captured in Lizzy's beautiful photographs.

Besides her AMAZING talent, she is a blast to work with and such a sweet person. We had so much fun with her during our engagement shoot and even more fun with her on our wedding day. She is low-key and stress-free, which was so important to my husband and I. We did not want added stress on our wedding day! I've had friends tell me that their wedding photographers were demanding and stressed them out so much. With Lizzy, you will have a stress-free day and the most beautiful photos. She is amazing to work with!

I seriously cannot recommend her enough!!! BOOK HER IMMEDIATELY. You will not regret it!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Laura · Married on 06/15/2018

Lizzy did a BEAUTIFUL job with my fiancé and I's photos for our save the dates. She was very professional and did a great job making us feel comfortable during our shoot. We are very excited to share the gorgeous photos with our friends and family. Thanks Lizzy!

Sent on 01/24/2018

Evan · Married on 06/15/2018

Lizzy was amazing! I am so glad that we found her! She made the photo shoot so fun, and the pictures turned out amazing! We have only done our engagements with her, but we are so excited for her to be at our wedding! She is knowledgeable, responds fast, will help you find locations, and directs you how to pose to get the best pictures. Her work is absolutely amazing!

Sent on 02/26/2018

Conor · Married on 05/27/2018

If you're looking for a photographer and are as clueless as I was of what qualities make up a true expert in the field, I can now tell you what two qualities proved most important, at least for me, now that we've gone through our photos a half dozen times.

1) A true expert is able to capture all the moments that you are going to miss. You will be busy talking to people all night and will miss a lot; it's inevitable. Lizzy caught moments I had no idea were going on. Kids playing outside of the crib barn during the reception, Uncle Gene cracking everyone up with his jokes, and much much more. More importantly, no. 2, she understood the emotion and energy of each moment and used that quality to craft each photo to its full potential. Lizzy did a great job. I highly recommend her services.

Sent on 06/21/2018

Vidiya · Married on 05/19/2018

My fiance and I hired Lizzy to be our wedding and engagement photographer (6 hours wedding photography coverage + engagement session). We're planning our wedding long-distance and only had one weekend to fit in our engagement photos AND wedding appointments. Lizzy was so flexible and made it work. The weather was iffy, and she was also flexible with the location. We are not very comfortable in front of a camera, and Lizzy made us laugh and feel at ease. Our engagement photos turned out gorgeous and reflected our true selves, not awkward poses that don't actually look like us. We are having a multi-cultural Hindu wedding, and we wanted a photographer who could make everyone feel comfortable but also be efficient. I have no doubt that Lizzy will be able to do that and take phenomenal photos of a really important day for us.

Wedding update: We had a traditional Sri Lankan Hindu wedding ceremony outside, so I was a little nervous about Lizzy never having photographed a Hindu wedding before. But I honestly had no reason to worry! She was incredible, and the shots are stunning. She made sure to do her research and have an understanding of what was going on in the ceremony beforehand because she captured the details and both big and small moments. She also managed to catch fleeting glances and moments of laughter that were certainly not planned at all. It was also VERY HOT on the day, and Lizzy was a superstar. She never complained and was completely professional. She also worked really well with our families and guests who had travelled from all over the globe. We spoke with many photographers before we chose Lizzy, and I am so grateful we chose her. The value is incredible, and more importantly, Lizzy will make you feel comfortable and completely at ease amidst the chaos.

Sent on 04/15/2018

Brynn · Married on 01/20/2018

Lizzy is so great!!!! We used her for all of our photos. She gave us way more photos than what we were expecting! You can tell she loves what she does. She's fun to be around and made my now husband super comfortable. You will not find a better photographer with her prices. Thank you so much Lizzy!!! Nashville is lucky to have you!!!

Sent on 02/26/2018

Kate · Married on 08/24/2017

Lizzy is amazing to work with. She has a great imagination and really captured the essence of my wedding!

Sent on 10/13/2017