Lizzy Oakley Photography Reviews

47 | Nashville, TN

47 Reviews for Lizzy Oakley Photography

Elizabeth · Married on 06/15/2021

Amazing!

This chick is AMAZING!! She is so cool and down to Earth. This was important to me because I didn't want a cookie cutter experience and the same cheesy style of photos you see so often. Lizzy is so creative and talented. She was a blast to work with, and I am soooo glad we chose her.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Lauren O. · Married on 01/01/2021

Wonderful, fun, unique, moody!

Lizzy was a joy to work with for both our engagement photos + wedding photos! My now husband is NOT one to enjoy getting his photo taken, so I was a little nervous about him feeling super awkward. Lizzy was so fun and down to earth in both sessions, which made everything feel so natural! Our photos are AWESOME too! She gave us back over 1,500 from our wedding day and I truly love all of them. I'd recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/21/2021

Rachel S. · Married on 11/21/2020

Very Impressed!

When I began looking for a photographer for our wedding, I had no idea where to begin. I wanted someone who did great work, but was still affordable. Throughout my search, I found Lizzy Oakley Photography! I loved her style and how rich the colors in each photograph were. On our wedding day, Lizzy was so laid back, which made me really enjoy taking so many pictures on our special day. My husband and I were beyond thrilled with how all of our wedding pictures turned out. She captured so many amazing moments that I will treasure for a lifetime!

Sent on 12/20/2020
  • Whitney

Whitney S. · Married on 10/31/2020

Gorgeous Photos, Excellent Service!

Lizzy’s photography was absolutely beautiful and our experience with her was the really great. She did our engagement pictures on a 90+ degree day and somehow made us look beautiful and not at all covered in sweat. She worked with our planner to postpone when COVID-19 shut everything down. She made us feel beautiful and natural when we weren’t used to getting our photos taken. She captured gorgeous photos of our wedding decorations and guests as well as us. She really did a fantastic job and we cannot believe our luck that we found such a good photographer for our most important day!

Sent on 05/07/2021

Maria B. · Married on 10/17/2020

Couldn’t ask for more

Lizzy has the style we were looking for! She captured our day perfectly even with all of us being not very serious people. She’s fun and very easy to work with! Book this girl! She’s the best!

Sent on 09/24/2020
  • User4411872 · Recently married

Absolutely Amazing

Lizzy is nothing short of amazing! From our engagement photos to wedding day photos, she's a God send. My husband and I were drawn to her moody, cinematic, and fun style. Most photographers shoot very bright and airy which is pretty but not what we wanted. We like the darker look better. She killed it with our engagement photos so we weren't worried about the wedding photos. She captured everything from getting ready, to our decor, cake, ceremony, reception and so much more. Lizzy is so much fun to be around but also laid back. She is a pro! We won't take photographs with anyone else. Lizzy is the best! We can't thank you enough!

Sent on 10/06/2020
  • Morgan

Morgan D. · Married on 08/01/2020

Amazing photography

Lizzy was such an amazing addition to our wedding day. Her instructions were encouraging and helpful. Lizzy had many helpful ideas and was keen on delivering visuals of the moments we wanted most, rather than forcing moments. She communicated well and was a pleasure to interact with. The sneak peek we received is amazing, and took less than a week! We are so excited to see the rest of our pictures and would recommend Lizzy to anyone!

Sent on 08/06/2020

Lizzy Oakley Photography's reply:

Thank you Morgan! You and Scottie are so cute together! Your bridal party was a blast and were always down for whatever crazy thing I asked them to do!
  • Rachelle

Rachelle D. · Married on 07/18/2020

Lizzy is the absolute best!

I cannot even begin to express our satisfaction with Lizzy. She completely captured the happiness and love we felt on our big day, we are so in love with the pictures we are having a hard time picking which ones to print off! She was very personable, professional, experienced, and fun to work with. 10/10 would recommend her to anyone and everyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 08/13/2020

Lizzy Oakley Photography's reply:

Rachelle! So happy I was able to shoot your wedding! You looked amazing in your dress. Good luck with your new baby! Happy for you!

Martha R. · Married on 07/04/2020

Lizzy is amazing!

Lizzy was so great to work with! Not only was she super creative, but she was also very professional and easy to work with. She scouted out locations on the fly, and got amazing shots! The turnaround time on the final images was quick, and she captured everything that we were looking for from our wedding photographs. We highly recommend her! :)

Sent on 07/09/2020

Lizzy Oakley Photography's reply:

I love the energy you and Beau have together! I love how easy is was for him to pick you up like a baby haha!
  • Abby

Abby S. · Married on 06/27/2020

Beautiful Photos!

Lizzy is a very talented photographer that I would recommend to anyone. My husband and I are so pleased with how both our engagement and wedding photos turned out. She has a beautiful eye and make sure to capture the moments that really matter. Thanks again Lizzy!

Sent on 07/08/2020

Abby!
    It was such a joy getting to know you and Patrick, you are both really funny and easy to be around. Good luck in New York!
  • Ariel

Ariel F. · Married on 06/13/2020

Best. Experience. Ever.

Lizzy is by far, hands down, the BEST photographer!!! She made the entire experience so fun, relaxed and absolutely natural. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone getting married or someone who simply wants high quality photos for any occasion! We cannot rave enough!!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Allie

Allie R. · Married on 06/13/2020

So beautiful and unique!

Lizzy made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera! She was so kind and professional and we were absolutely blown away by our pictures! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/25/2019

Leah M. · Married on 05/16/2020

Highly recommend!

Lizzy was fantastic to work with and we love our photos! We found her after we had to cancel our destination wedding and reschedule to a smaller, backyard event instead; since we already had engagement photos by then, she allowed us to swap the engagement photo hours in the package to cover our small mehndi party the night before. She was also willing to be flexible in case we needed to cancel or postpone again, so that was all reassuring. We received our photos very quickly after the event. We loved the way she captured the details and the lighting, plus candid shots of all of the guests....we would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/05/2020
  • Joshua

Joshua L. · Married on 05/03/2020

Understanding during trying times

I would highly recommend Liz! She was very professional from the first time we met with her. She made sure to capture what’s important to you and helped the day run very smoothly. It was always easy communicating with her via email and text. Her turn around time for pictures was also very fast and it was easy to access the pictures. You can’t go wrong with an experienced photographer like Liz!
    Liz did our engagement photos and they were great! Her style is unique and she really tries to understand what you want. We were going to go with Liz for our wedding, but because of the virus and other issues, we weren't sure when the wedding would be and that was very stressful. Liz was extremely helpful during this time and did everything in her power to help us. Again, I highly recommend Liz!

Sent on 04/25/2020

Candace C. · Married on 04/04/2020

Super fun and easy to work with!

Lizzy is great! I hate having my picture taken but Lizzy made it fun and had me and my fiance laughing the whole time! She is fun, easy to work with, and very interested in working with exactly what you want. I would recommend her if you love natural candid photos of real laughter and fun.

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 11/09/2019

Our Wedding

Lizzy did an amazing job capturing all the emotions and fun at our wedding. The pictures really reflected the celebration of our marriage and I couldn’t be happier!

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren L. · Married on 11/02/2019

Lizzy Oakley Photography - Amazing!!

Lizzy was fantastic. I was extremely happy with my engagement photos. She delivered exactly what we were hoping for. She was very professional and timely with delivering the photos. We had to reschedule a few times due to the weather, but she was very flexible and responsive as we worked to find another date. I'm excited to see her work for my wedding photos!

Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Megan

Megan B. · Married on 11/01/2019

Lizzy is great!

Lizzy did an amazing job at our wedding. It was small, unconventional and cold, but she was flexible and made it work while being friendly and engaging. I don't really like having my photo taken, but doing photos with my husband after the ceremony was one of the highlights of the day because she kept it fun. I would not hesitate to recommend Lizzy to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Andrea B. · Married on 10/26/2019

Outstanding photography experience

I feel like all couples say “We loved our wedding photographer! They’re great!” But for real Lizzy is a cut above the rest. She could have chopped my arm off and I’d still be amazed. She’s that good. Hands down best move we made with the wedding was booking with her! I hate getting my picture taken but somehow she made it feel fun, nature, and normal. She’s very chill and laid back and overall a genuinely great person. We actually felt valued as people and not just another cookie cutter wedding day gig to crank photos out for. She’s the type of person you want around on your wedding day. She’s definitely not a photographer that makes you feel uncomfortable or puts all the pressure on you. She sets you up to actually enjoy the moment you are in and then while you are busy being present enjoying your fiancé/husband/wife/whoever she beautifully captures the raw and tangible emotions of those memories. We used her for engagement photos and our wedding photos and I’m so glad that we did. Getting the chance to meet with her and learn her style (and her getting to know us) definitely helped me feel more at ease the whole wedding day. If you are looking for a photographer book with Lizzy Oakley!!!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Jennifer · Married on 10/05/2019

The best! Fun! & talented!

My fiance and I had the best experience with Lizzy as our wedding photographer. She has a great talent and eye for photography. Her work is beautiful and unique and exactly what I was looking for and was an incredible turnout. On top of that, not only did my fiance and I have a great experience with her, but also the whole wedding party. I kept hearing compliment after compliment throughout the night on how great Lizzy was and how much fun the group had with her during the day. I would highly recommend Lizzy and would ask for assistance again in the future.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Raegan H. · Married on 10/05/2019

Lizzy Oakley Is the Wedding Photographer You Need

Lizzy Oakley was one of the best things about our special day. Lizzy is professional, creative, and endearing. Her professional and kind demeanor made her easy to work with. She is great a listener and really captured our personalities and style. I highly recommend Lizzy for your wedding.
    From our first meeting, Lizzy was organized and thoughtful. She took the time to really get to know us and our story. She also asked great questions that really helped us to plan out our day. We really felt like she was part of our "wedding team" and knew we could come to her with any questions or concerns knowing that she would be flexible and kind.
    Our favorite thing about Lizzy is how creative she is. Lizzy has an extensive background in fashion photographer which is one of the reasons that drew us to her. Her unique style is apparent in our photos. We still have trouble picking our favorite photo because all of them are exquisite.
    Lizzy's endearing personality was a key factor for why our photos and the day was spectacular. She was great at making us both feel comfortable in front of the camera which could have easily been an awkward situation for us because we've never had a photo shoot before. She has a calm presence that made us immediately relax and have fun. Since we were both confident in her previous work, this also too made us feel relaxed and beautiful.
    I can't wait to use Lizzy again for our future family photos. I would highly recommend Lizzy to anyone for weddings, engagements, and family photos. She is a dream photographer and I can't wait to cross paths with her again!

Sent on 01/26/2020
  • Braydon

Braydon · Married on 09/12/2019

Absolutely AMAZING!!

First off, Lizzy is absolutely AMAZING at what she does. Her portfolio is what initially drew us to her, but she absolutely blew us away at how effortless she made taking photos and how perfect the photos turned out. We had two ceremonies thanks to COVID and we loved her at our first small ceremony so much that we changed our second date to be able to get her as our photographer again. After the first wedding, the best part was knowing she was going to get amazing photos no matter what. Multiple times we said to each other "Lizzy will make it look great regardless" and we were RIGHT! They turned out SO much better than we could have ever hoped. On top of that, she's always smiling, bubbly, and made us feel super comfortable all the time. We are going to continue to use her any time we need photos taken in the future!

Sent on 04/28/2021

Jennifer N. · Married on 07/27/2019

Highly rated

Lizzy was wonderful to work with from start to finish! She understood everything we imagined and she did just that by capturing every beautiful moment during our engagement photo session as well as our big day! She is really detailed and creative in her work. Lizzy is definitely recommended!!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Christine · Married on 05/18/2019

We hired our photographer for our wedding and the package also came with an engagement photo session! I was so happy to get some professional photos of us and she definitely did not dissapoint us! My fiancé was very nervous about getting photos taken and Lizzy made the experience so much fun for us! She’s also super accommodating to whatever you may need or want. I would recommend her to any friends or family I know. Thank you! Can’t wait for our wedding day to get some more amazing photos.

Sent on 07/08/2018