Liz Stewart Photography Reviews

38 Reviews for Liz Stewart Photography

38 Liz Stewart Photography Reviews

Christina Rutter · Married on 10/06/2018

Liz Stewart Photography Review

Liz has been amazing! From our first meeting to our wedding day she has been wonderful to work with and made us feel so comfortable. Our engagement pictures at the monuments are exactly what I dreamed of, every vision I had, she made come true. On our wedding day Liz and her assistant photographer were there for every moment and extremely helpful and patient. They kept our day on schedule and captured all our special moments. I highly recommend booking her ASAP! :)

Liz Stewart Photography 1
    Liz Stewart Photography 2
    Liz Stewart Photography 3

C · Married on 06/08/2018

Liz came highly recommended by a friend and was everything we could have asked for and more in a photographer. You spend a lot of time with your photographer on your wedding day—Liz took the time to understand what was most important to us and captured spectacular portraits from our nuptial mass. At each and every step of the process, she was incredibly sweet. thoughtful, responsible, flexible, and professional. She made us feel comfortable learning how to pose, handling all the guests and family members with grace, and helping make our wedding day organized, calm, and a more enjoyable experience for us. Plus we couldn’t be happier with the beautiful photographs!

Christine · Married on 01/06/2018

Liz Stewart from Liz Stewart Photography is absolutely amazing!! She captured our Washington, DC winter wedding in January 2018. We were over the moon when we saw our wedding pictures!  The photos are truly stunning and we will cherish them for the rest of our lives.

From the moment we met Liz, I knew we were in good hands, but she completed surpassed my expectations the day of the wedding and when she showed us the photos!  Liz was extremely organized, experienced, efficient, responsive, professional, dependable, easy going and affordable! She is passionate about her work, which was evident when she went to our venue a few weeks before our wedding to become familiar with the location and to test out different cameras/lighting options that would be optimal for the different rooms.

Liz was such a valuable and essential part of our wedding day.  She made the whole day execute flawlessly. Liz kept us on schedule, led the other photographers and videographers, directed the entire bridal party, and captured all of the pictures I would have forgotten about.

The biggest advantage of hiring Liz was the final product.  Our wedding photos are simply stunning. She did such an amazing job editing the photos and was so quick to provide the completed photos to us. She offered such a large variety of high quality photos that are truly breathtaking.  We love our photos, we love our album, and we love Liz!

Danielle · Married on 12/16/2017

I cannot say enough positive things about Liz and her work! Once we started looking for wedding vendors, I was most concerned about having to pick a wedding photographer. It's a big decision and there seem to be endless options! I did a number of phone calls with potential photographers and Liz stood out to me immediately. She was outgoing, genuine and asked lots of questions about my fiance and I. I appreciated that because I could tell that her attention to detail and our style together as a couple would reflect in her work. In the months and weeks leading up to the wedding, Liz was incredibly responsive and was quick to reassure us if we were concerned about a pose, a photo, a logistical question or anything wedding-related! On the day of the wedding, she was fabulous. My family was so impressed with her professionalism, how efficient she was when shooting our family formals (trust me, she was FAST) and how effortlessly she moved from shot to shot without interfering in conversations or personal moments. We wanted our wedding to feel very personal and intimate, and Liz was able to capture that while making everyone around her feel comfortable and respected. I would recommend Liz and her work to anyone, and I know we will cherish and appreciate our photos for years to come.

Katie · Married on 11/04/2017

Liz is one of my favorite people I've ever worked with. She is kind, direct, professional, and exactly the type of person you want taking your photos. My husband was so anti engagement photos, but after working with Liz he honestly didn't mind, and the main reason was just because he liked her, and she totally understood him. She has a great eye for composition and light, probably due to her art school training. She is prompt to respond and, perhaps most importantly, really reasonably priced. I whole hardheartedly recommend her!

Jenna · Married on 10/27/2017

Liz was so great to work with! She was always very responsive to all my questions and emails. She also had great ideas on where certain pictures should take place and what order would work best. The day of timeline was planned out with lots of room to get everywhere but still get every picture I wanted. Liz always made sure we were getting the best shot, even if that meant her getting on the ground as to not have a giant truck in the back of the picture. She is just such a nice person and made everyone in my large bridal party and family feel so comfortable. She was also great with our little nieces and nephews!

Heather · Married on 10/21/2017

We loved working with Liz (and Megan)! Although we were planning our Virginia wedding from Ohio, Liz made the process very easy. We were able to meet with her over Skype for her to learn more about us and our idea for the wedding. She was able to create a package that worked for us, including shooting our rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding. Over the next several months Liz kept me on track by asking for my "shot list", locations that we wanted to go to on our way, and just to check in. She was prompt in responding to messages. When we finally met with her the night before the wedding she was extremely personable and really wanted us to focus on having a good time and spending time with our guests, but was still able to capture all the special moments. We absolutely loved the quality and number of photos we received. We enjoy going back through our photos and reliving the day.

Meagan · Married on 10/14/2017

We have really enjoyed working with Liz and would hire her again in a heartbeat. She was the first and only photographer we interviewed for our wedding. Once we met her, we knew she would be great, and her portfolio speaks for itself. Liz is a wonderful combination of fun and calming when you are working with her, and at the same time is extremely professional. Having your picture taken is not natural - and can be downright awkward (unless you're a celebrity), but Liz helped us to relax and breathe, and helped to create moments that seemed natural to us. During our engagement photoshoot she didn't hesitate to allow us to include our dogs in the mix. On the wedding day itself we had fun taking photos with her and watching her "geek out" because of the perfect lighting at sunset. You can tell she loves what she does. Thank you, Liz, for everything. Hopefully our paths will cross again soon!

Sofia · Married on 09/30/2017

Liz was absolutely amazing. From the first day we met her, we knew she was our photographer. She was very professional, very sweet, her pictures were beautiful, and my parents also felt the same way! During our engagement session, she was really friendly and helped us since we had never had professional pictures taken before. She was communicative, telling us how to look and trying to help us act naturally. The pictures turned out gorgeous. We kept in touch throughout our engagement year and close to the big day she kept in touch and was responsive and super helpful. She is so organized, which is something I loved. Liz showed up on the day of the wedding early and with her partner who was also good. She directed us very well and was efficient and patient while dealing with our large and loud family! She was very fast to get some pictures back to us and they are perfect. I would highly recommend her and would hire her again.

Paul · Married on 09/23/2017

Selecting Liz to be our wedding photographer is one of the best choices we made. From our first consultation until the day she photographed our wedding, we knew we were in good hands. Liz spent time getting to know us as a couple and worked hard to understand what we were looking for. She was professional, always timely, and answered all our questions. After we selected her as our photographer, we didn't have to worry about this important aspect of our wedding because she took care of all the details. On our wedding day she was organized and respectful, while also ensuring we got all the pictures that we wanted. Her talents really showed in the final photographs. We highly recommend her services!

Stephen · Married on 09/16/2017

Liz did an amazing job at our wedding and was great to work with! She met with us beforehand to discuss what we were looking for in both our engagement and wedding photos, and was very friendly and easy to work with. This was our first professional photo shoot so she helped suggest ideas and made us feel comfortable throughout the process for both our engagement and wedding photos. At the wedding she did a great job of capturing not only the ceremony, guests and family photos, but getting photos of all the details and minor items that went in to our wedding as well. Through-out the process she was very responsive and a lot of fun to work with. The photos also turned out amazing!!! We would highly recommend Liz and would definitely work with her again. Thank you Liz!

Meg · Married on 07/01/2017

Liz was our favorite vendor of all those we used for our wedding. She is a great photographer with a positive attitude, and she takes the time to gain a real understanding for what her clients want. As someone who often feels awkward posing, Liz got me and my groom moving and laughing so the whole experience felt natural. Liz was flexible and easy to work with. When our first choice location for formal photos was unavailable, she talked with the National Park Service to find a beautiful alternative close to our venue. Even after getting caught in the rain at the end of our pre-ceremony photo session, she arrived at the venue with a smile. Not to mention, of course, that her photos are amazing.

Steven · Married on 06/30/2017

We had a wonderful experience working with Liz as our wedding photographer and highly recommend her for anyone’s special event. Liz initially captured our attention from the beautiful photos displayed on her website. It was clear to us that she has a keen eye for composition and is a very skilled photographer. From the moment we sat down with Liz and began talking about plans for our upcoming wedding, we felt she was the perfect match for our wedding and we booked her immediately. We chose Liz because of the high quality of the work on her website, and her eagerness to work with us on our unconventional, very small wedding.
    Liz was a pleasure to work with before, during, and after our event. Since we were planning such an intimate ceremony, we had not given a lot of thought to the details of what we wanted from our wedding photos. All we knew was that we wanted pictures. Leading up to the wedding, Liz helped us flesh out the “shot list” and the schedule of the photos so we knew what was going to happen when. The day of the wedding, she and her second shooter captured so many fantastic moments of our intimate ceremony. They did this so quietly we had even forgotten they were there! After the ceremony, Liz guided us through shooting some excellent scenes and poses around the venue of just the two of us. Following our wedding, Liz provided our photos in an easily accessible online gallery. She also was highly responsive to answer any questions we had about printing and framing the images. Liz was a joy to work with and we are extremely grateful for her professionalism and her attention throughout our wedding experience. The stunning photos we now have hanging on our walls will be treasured for the rest of our lives.

Ella · Married on 06/10/2017

Liz was such an amazing find during our wedding process! I loved her portfolio and she made me feel totally at east when we met in person to discuss the wedding. She is the perfect mix of bubbly and professional. I noticed a lot of the weddings on her blog were much more formal than what we were going for, but she totally got our "vibe' and embraced the style we were looking for. We had several near "literal" meltdowns on my wedding day (the AC was broken in June!), but Liz stayed calm and upbeat and helped us troubleshoot to find the right spots for our pictures. At the end of the day, our photos turned out beautifully and we LOVE them! If you are looking for a reasonably priced stellar photographer to capture your special day, Liz is your girl!

Kelsey · Married on 05/20/2017

Liz was a wonderful photographer, very good at putting my husband and me at ease, and incredibly responsive. Without a doubt, working with Liz was the smoothest part of planning this wedding (when the transportation I hired to take me to the church didn't show up, for instance, my bridesmaids and I rode with Liz in her car).
    You absolutely get your money's worth with Liz and I couldn't be happier with our beautiful wedding photos. She was always cheerful and energetic, but approachable. My family raved about how she was able to handle our larger family group photos, working with everyone from grandparents to toddlers. And she does a great job encouraging you and the bridal party from behind the camera.
    You will not regret hiring Liz.

Danielle · Married on 05/12/2017

We HIGHLY recommend Liz for your engagement and wedding photos! We will definitely be using her again for future photography needs <3

Caitlin · Married on 05/06/2017

I cannot say enough glowing things about Liz Stewart. If you're on the fence, just do yourself a favor and hire this amazing, friendly, impeccable artist.

When we first met with Liz, she struck us immediately with her professionalism. She was very organized and offered responses before we even had the chance to ask. She asked great questions. We were delighted to have found a photographer we fell into such an easy groove with. Her packages and rates were very reasonable so we hired her. During our engagement photos, she was a confident and creative director. We felt very at ease with her. Our photos were just gorgeous and we couldn't wait for her to photograph our wedding. In the lead-up, we felt like we were whack-a-mole-ing problems with every last wedding detail, but in our pre-wedding meeting with Liz to go over the details, my husband and I both said "Well Liz is perfect obviously, so we don't have to worry about her." We meant it! On wedding day, she was a wonderfully calming presence among the crazy. She captured great shots, expertly herded the non-compliant cats of wedding guests and added to the celebratory happy atmostphere all day. We were thrilled with her performance, and when we got the photos, well I'm practically crying as I type this out because they're all so beautiful I still can't believe it. We've been hearing nothing but compliments on the amazing job the photographers did. I can't even pick my favorites because there are so many. Hire Liz Stewart. She's the best.

Shihomi · Married on 05/05/2017

I found Liz from several site and decided to talk to her in person. Since my husband and I live in oversea, we talked through Skype. I knew she was going to be our photographer as we talked! She was super nice and was also confident of her work. Even though we had a time difference, she always responded my questions quickly. Very responsible and flexible!
    We were impressed with Liz's knowledge and experience. Liz was so friendly and helpful throughout the event (engagement and wedding photos), and seemed to be everywhere at all times! We all were impressed with the shots she suggested, the shots she knew to take when we didn't ask, and her ability to capture so many perfect moments. With over hundreds of pictures taken within her time with us, we just know we had great time with her and our wedding memories last forever. Thank you!!

Jessica · Married on 04/28/2017

I loved having Liz as my photographer! Liz was very responsive to all of our questions and helped us work through the logistics of our big day while keeping us calm and laughing. We chose Liz because she was easy to talk with and we got along great. Throughout the entire process leading up to our wedding she worked with us to set up our timeline and shot list. She was always available by email or phone and really went the extra mile to make sure we felt comfortable leading up to the big day. She was willing to work with my vision and made our nontraditional ceremony, first look and reception ideas seem normal. On the day of our wedding she kept us calm and comfortable and there was so much laughter. Liz delivered all of the photos within the timeline set out in our contract and the photographs were beautiful! We have received so many compliments on the photos and we cannot wait to hang them in our home. I would definitely recommend working with Liz for your wedding. I hope we can work with Liz again in the future for other life events.

Cate · Married on 11/05/2016

Liz was absolutely incredible! She was far and away the BEST wedding photographer I ever could have asked for! She did an incredible job getting both the family and candid shots at our wedding. She is a genuinely kind and sweet person and really put me and my husband at ease! There is no one better than her in the business especially not in the DC area. She is 1st class all the way and truly talented! BOOK HER NOW! :)

Ranwa · Married on 10/22/2016

Liz Stewart rocks! My husband and I were so lucky to have Liz be our wedding photographer. During our search for a photographer we met some really talented people but nobody really clicked for me (no pun intended) until I met Liz. On our first meeting I think we spoke about the wedding for about half an hour then spent the next hour chatting like old friends.
    My husband and I had been together for several years before we got married but most of our pictures were in selfie mode. So, it really meant a lot to us when Liz offered us a complimentary engagement shoot. The experience was awesome and we were hooked.
    The day of our wedding Liz Stewart arrived on time and with an assistant, Tony. Despite gale force winds and frigid temperatures she was able to wrangle all our family members for the family portraits and got them done quickly. She took fantastic photographs and somehow managed to hide the fact that we were all freezing. Liz was there throughout our event and like a stealthy ninja was there capturing all our special moments without ever getting in the way.
    We were so excited to receive our pictures from Liz only 3 weeks after the wedding. They were so beautiful! She demonstrated a clear understanding of our vision for the day and who we are as individuals and as a couple.
    If you are looking for a photographer who is professional, warm, funny, responsive, and extremely talented, look no further.

Liz was so easy to work with and made the process of posing for awesome pictures very comfortable. She was able to get us to relax and laugh to catch those pictures that seam effortless. She also spent 11(!) hours with us on the wedding day and our guests and family absolutely loved how she could catch all these special moments without feeling like there was a outsider amongst us. She also did a great job in selecting our second photographer Tony who also caught some great picture and helped the day run smoothly. Finally, she turns the photos out quickly so you don't have to wait months to relive the special day through photos. Couldnt't have been happier!

Caitlin · Married on 10/09/2016

My husband and I used Liz for both our engagement shoot and our wedding and we cannot stop raving about how wonderful she is! From start to finish, Liz was extremely responsive and consultative and helped us with everything from picking outfits that look great on camera (engagement shoot) to a shot list to the day of agenda. Her rapport is impeccable which ensured that we were comfortable and made for a lot of great, natural looking photos and made our wedding day stress free knowing we were in good hands. We used our engagement photos for our Save the Date and still receive compliments on them! Day of she was wonderful and helped coordinate our wedding party to make sure that we got the photos we wanted and blended in with/treated our guests fabulously. We cannot wait to use Liz again in the future when other events call for professional photos!

• I

Ileana · Married on 05/14/2016

Liz was such a delight to work with. She made sure that we got what we paid for and beyond. She was extremely professional and responsive leading up to our big day. She not only gave us ideas about our vision based on her own experience from her wedding day and was completely open and honest with our vision.

I interviewed many photographers and to be honest what drew me most to Liz was her sweet and patient personality, in addition to her beautiful portfolio. She proved to me from our phone conversations that she would be the best fit, personality and experience wise, to take on the huge responsibility of capturing all those special memories.

On the day of our event she showed up on time with an assistant who was also a delight to work with. The both were very patient and made us feel so comfortable. At the reception it felt as if they both were a part of the reception and knew exactly what shots to capture.

Liz, thank you for doing such a tremendous job at our wedding. We could not be happier with what you did for us and can recommend you only in the highest possible regard.