Liz Daley Events Reviews

Liz Daley Events 1
Liz Daley Events 2
Liz Daley Events 3

Sherry · Married on 12/14/2013

Liz was everything I needed to make my wedding perfect. She made sure everything went smoothly, she helped us choose great music for special moments and then played a perfect playlist the rest of the evening that we trusted her to choose. She was friendly, helpful and upbeat throughout the planning of my wedding right up until the very end. She made my big day fabulous and I'm very happy to have had her as an important part of it.

Sent on 12/27/2013

Scott · Married on 11/09/2013

Liz, Served as DJ to our daughters wedding over Veterans Day weekend. She was simply amazing. She worked with the entire family to make this special day remarkable. She worked off line with our daughter to create an phenomenal voice over during the father daughter dance that completely blew everyone away and no one will forget ever. Liz's wit, talent, and professionalism kept every laughing and dancing the night away. We continue to get a common compliment "best wedding reception ever" from our guests. Our family cannot say enough good things about Liz and I'm sure your will doe the same. High recommend!!!! :)

Sent on 11/24/2013

Adam · Married on 10/19/2013

I truly can't say enough good things about the multi-talented Liz Daley. The last thing I wanted at my wedding was a corny DJ playing terrible music, which Liz clearly understood and further, she explained and demonstrated why her services are different. Liz helped us plan our reception, helped us figure out what type of music we wanted and would be appropriate, and provided invaluable advice on a number of subjects. She accommodated special music requests from our visiting family from Mexico, which made the evening truly special for them. She is not just a "DJ," but a true Mistress of Ceremonies who made the evening run smoothly from start to finish.Our guests had a wonderful time, and a frequent refrain was, "Wow, where did you find her? She's amazing!" I'm so glad I did!

Sent on 01/11/2014

Liz Daley Events's reply:

Thank You Adam & Joe for allowing me to be a part of your special day!

Laura · Married on 07/20/2013

Liz was amazing! She literally saved the day by noticing my wedding cake didn't show up on time. She also provided us amazing service and had all of my friends dancing all night. We originally thought the wedding would end at 10:00pm but we kept going until 11:00 ( the latest our venue allowed) because everyone was still dancing. I gave her minimal instruction and she worked with us to plan an outline of our reception. Hire Liz if you want an amazing wedding!

Sent on 12/28/2013

Christine · Married on 07/06/2013

Liz is absolutely AMAZING! She was there for us every step of the way. She worked around our schedule and if I ever emailed her with questions, she always got back to me within 20 minutes. My husband and I met with her several times before the wedding and she helped us add in so many personal touches to make our wedding truly special! At our wedding reception Liz kept everything on track and running smoothly. She knew exactly what to play to get everyone up and dancing-the dance floor was filled the entire night! She even went around taking photos for us! Our guests were raving about how great she was. Liz is a phenomenal DJ, Master of Ceremonies and Wedding Planner, a spectacular person, and a truly amazing friend! I cannot recommend Liz enough!!

Sent on 09/14/2013

Peter Scarola was the best DJ for our wedding we could have hoped for. He was totallly accommodating when we gave him a full list of tracks we wanted to play. He knew exactly what we were going for mixing across all the genres, big band, pop/alternative, oldies and even beat matching Electro House! Thank you for being as great MC and coordinator as well!

-Liz & Alex

Sent on 06/28/2013

Mark · Married on 12/29/2012

Liz was absolutely fantastic throughout the entire wedding planning process. A true professional! Continuously went above and beyond. Would recommend her in a heartbeat!!!

Sent on 04/11/2013

Jennifer · Married on 10/07/2012

Our wedding was nearly perfect, and a lot of that perfection is due to Liz Daley. She was amazing, start to finish. We wanted a unique wedding that incorporated a lot of different events and moments and Liz was not only on board with us, but right there making suggestions and offering opinions the whole way. She is not "in your face" at all, but will not hesitate to make suggestions that are based in her extensive experience and expertise. We met with her several times prior to our wedding to make sure it was exactly how we wanted it. Her skills and planning and organizing drove the entire wedding- she is far more than a DJ or even a Master of Ceremonies- she was really the nucleus of our entire event. She even brought in her close friend Peter Merry to work with her- and made the day beyond simply amazing to extraordinary. I am proud to say that Liz was not only the force behind our special day, but she is also now a friend to both my husband and I. I cannot more highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Bryn-Carol · Married on 06/02/2012

As a first time Mother of the Bride, I was a bit overwhelmed with the sheer amount of organization and careful attention to detail that went into the planning of my daughter's June 2, 2012 wedding. One of the details that I realized was one of the most important components was the selection of the Emcee/DJ. Our choice of Liz Daley of Liz Daley Events, was probably one of the smartest things I've ever done. From the beginning, Liz was remarkable. She was patient and understanding as this slightly frazzled MOB attempted to describe the type of reception we were hoping for. Liz earned her place in our high esteem when she carefully detailed the contribution that an Emcee could make in creating an atmosphere that was in keeping with our vision of a warm and inclusive wedding dinner while incorporating the celebratory and fun elements that my daughter and her fiance wanted with their friends afterwards. With Liz's guidance the entire evening was perfect; our guests have continued to contact us after the wedding to share their thoughts and memories of that great evening. Without Liz Daley at the helm, the event would simply not have been as poignant and sweet yet filled with laughter and true fellowship and some crazy dancing!

Sent on 06/15/2012

Anna · Married on 05/05/2012

Since meeting Liz, we have laughed, we have cried and ultimately, we have made a new friend. She made our wedding stand out and so memorable. In the weeks and months leading up the wedding, Liz invited us to her home and spent countless hours with us, helping us to plan out the smallest details. Her creative ideas made our wedding unique and special. Her energy and laughter are contagious and her knowledge and ability to keep the party going are unequalled. She did such an AMAZING JOB!

We used Liz as our DJ, Master of Ceremonies and Wedding Planner. She is extremely flexible and the true professional.

Sent on 06/07/2012
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 10/08/2011

I cannot say enough about Liz Daley. I am a music FANATIC and she showed that off for me. Her attention to detail and endless possibilities made planning our reception SO MUCH FUN. She is so enthusiastic and truly knows what she's doing. I had SO many guests comment on our music and all i could say is "Liz Daley is the best!"

If you love music, love to dance, or want a DJ that knows what she's doing BEYOND playing music, book Liz. She can also help you PLAN your wedding or COORDINATE your wedding. She's truly an all-inclusive package that is SO worth the money.

You won't regret it. I promise.

Sent on 10/17/2011
  • O

Amy · Married on 10/02/2011

Liz was awesome! She was extremely organized and attentive. I highly recommend her to any bride who is looking for a wedding 'oversee-er' / DJ, especially if you are really new to wedding planning and/or selecting music and entertainment for an event. Hire Liz! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 10/09/2011

Karen · Married on 06/18/2011

I really can't say enough about Liz and her partner Charles. Three weeks before my daughters wedding our scheduled DJ cancelled. I find Liz Daley Events on the website, and after talking with her on the phone, she came to our rescue. Had appointment to meet her and Charles the following Wed, and just loved the professionalism and ideas they came up with to make the song selections for the bridal party so much fun during the reception. Was blessed to get Charles, he helped make my daughter's day very special. I would not hesitate to use their services again and send to referral busniess.

Sent on 06/30/2011

Tammy · Married on 05/21/2011

Our DJ was wonderful! Liz is so great and easy to work with. She has a huge library of music and was able to keep the dance floor going strong all night! We had people of all ages – from our grandparents to our friends entertained all night. You can tell that she really loves what she does! She was also our coordinator on the big day, and everything was perfect and went off without a hitch. We also used her for our ceremony music, which was very convenient. I would definitely recommend Daley DJ’s!

Sent on 07/28/2011

Christie · Married on 01/29/2011

With less than six months to plan a wedding, my husband and I were in desperate need of help for our big day this past winter. With countless details to consider, our priorities included finding a wedding coordinator/planner, a master of ceremonies and DJ. After a bit of research and various recommendations, we decided to meet with Liz Daley to discuss our wedding plans. Within minutes of meeting with Liz, we quickly knew she would be the perfect fit to help us create the wedding we both envisioned. Step by step, she helped us through the planning process and made us comfortable and confident that our day would go smoothly. When the big day came, Liz not only met, but exceeded, all of our expectations and was fabulous – both as our master of ceremonies and DJ. All of our guests had a wonderful time, and we came away from the experience knowing that it was exactly as perfect as we both had hoped it would be. Without a doubt, we confidently recommend Liz to anyone in search of someone with wedding expertise – we were tremendously happy and grateful for all she did for us and are certain she will provide a similar experience for others!

Sent on 03/16/2011

Christie · Married on 10/23/2010

Two weeks before my wedding I found out that I needed a new DJ. I was blessed to get Charles. As soon as I got to the reception he was there to make my life easier. He helped us with the final song selections for the bridal party, and he handled things beautifully when the fire alarm was accidentally set off at the reception site. People came up to me, my parents, and my new husband to tell us this was the most fun they'd had at a wedding. We had some funny and touching moments during the reception. My personal faves were the compatiability quiz, and when the longest married couple in the room gave me and my new husband advice. The music was enjoyed by all. The song choices totally rocked. My DJ totally provided quality service and was responsive and flexible with me and my quests. I couldn't have asked for more. He helped make my day very special.

Sent on 11/01/2010

Liz Daley Events's reply:

Christie...I'm so glad that Charles was available and that we were able to assist you at the last minute. Congratulations and much happiness!

Susan · Married on 10/10/2010

I was torn between using a DJ that two of my friends had used for their wedding, both of which I attended, and Liz whom I didn’t know anything about. I decided to meet with Liz and after spending an hour or so with her me and my fiancé left feeling very comfortable with the idea of hiring Liz and we couldn’t be happier with our decision.

Liz wasn’t available to do our wedding but we were left in very capable hands. Charles worked with my planner and caterer to make sure everything flowed beautifully throughout the evening and kept me apprised of everything that was going on. He also asked for my permission to play requests made by the guests for songs not on my play list that were either explicit or odd, which I really appreciated. He read the crowd like a charm and knew exactly what to play and when. Everyone had such a great time.

From the very beginning of the process until the very end, Liz went above and beyond the services outlined in the contract to make sure that our wedding was everything we had envisioned it would be. I had mentioned to Liz during one of our planning meetings that we weren’t going to hire a photographer for the wedding ceremony, which was at midnight (we did things backwards – reception first and ceremony last) and that we were going to rely on guests to take photos and share them with us. With an open bar, Liz was concerned that after drinking for 4 hours, the guests would not make the best photographers and offered to have Charles take some for us. As it turns out, Liz stopped by after her event and took the pictures herself which were beautiful and ended up being the only pictures that I have of the ceremony that turned out. Thanks Liz for giving us such a wonderful and lasting wedding gift.

Liz and Charles were a pleasure to work with – very professional and responsive. I would not hesitate to use their services again.

Sent on 11/04/2010

Alisson · Married on 08/14/2010

As we were planning the wedding, my mother's biggest concern was that everyone would have a GREAT time. We had guests from France and the U.S. and there was a language barrier. Accordingly, my mother scoped out as many DJs as possible in the Richmond, Chesapeake, and Hampton Roads area. When she found Liz and we talked to her, we immediately decided to hire her. She did not let us down! The music was amazing, the mix and the ambiance among the people could not have been better. We had lots of married guests come to us and tell us it was the most fun wedding they have ever been to. This was all thanks to Liz's expertise. She mixed french and american music beautifully during dinner and the selections for the dance floor were outstanding. If you are seeking a guaranteed good time at a wedding, Liz is the woman for you! If you are stressed about everything running smoothly, Liz is also the woman for you! She kept things on track and on time. Her service could not have been better and I would recommend her to everyone looking for a good time on their special day!!

Sent on 08/23/2010

Merci!!!!

Johanna · Married on 08/14/2010

From the first moment we met Liz, we knew that we were in good hands. Even though Liz was not handling our event on the day of the wedding, she showed a special interest in helping us plan out our wedding day and make sure that every moment was perfect and tailored to us as a couple. She spent hours planning out the timing of our wedding reception, and helped us choose music that enhanced each special moment, from the introductions into the grand ballroom, to the garter/bouquet toss, to the cake cutting, etc. Not only that, but Liz also served as a liason between my husband and I and the staff at the reception site. She facilitated emails, sent schedules, and helped get everyone on the same page. Not having hired a professional wedding planner, this turned out to be a huge help.

On top of that, we got to work with Charles on the day of our event. Charles was incredibly warm and fun-loving from the first moment we met him. Importantly, he obviously stayed on top of musical trends and was aware of what were the "hottest" songs to play at our reception across a wide variety of musical genres, including country, R&B, and pop. My husband and I wanted to include a lot of nontraditional moments in our wedding reception to liven things up a bit for our guests, and Charles made that desire a reality. Charles played along with every oddball request we made of him, including our desire that he round up all the children present at the wedding and encourage them to engage in a dance-off. Charles was able to get all the children excited, and even passed out gag gift prizes to the children who participated. There were countless other examples of Charles going along with every request of the bride and groom, and making our dream of a unique and fun reception a reality. We received a lot of compliments on how our wedding was very fun and very "us." I know that the special musical touches and moments we designed with Liz and Charles are a large reason for that. By hiring Daley DJs, we got more than just background noise-- we got a PARTY!

Finally, Charles and Liz were the most professional of all the vendors that we worked with during the wedding planning process. They return every email and phone call immediately, they are always on time, they are always well-dressed and professional, they are always kind and attentive. Believe it or not, this cannot be said for all vendors in the industry, and working with true professionals makes the life of the bride and groom very easy!

Sent on 08/30/2010

Liz Daley Events's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day! :)

Jayson & Rachael · Married on 07/10/2010

Liz Daley is a treasure, an asset paying dividends from your first meeting, through your wedding day, and beyond. She is steadfast in sound advice, creativity, professionalism, and always has your best interest at heart. Liz took the time to invest in our story; the rapport we established with her was evident in the atmosphere she fostered at our wedding, it was an epic party, a true win for everyone. We are honored to have had the opportunity to work with her and witness first hand what she’s capable of. Words alone cannot justify how Liz Daley went well above and beyond our expectations.

Your friends, Jayson and Rachael Hubbard

Sent on 06/01/2011

Liz · Married on 06/05/2010

Liz was a wonderful DJ at our wedding! In addition to providing her DJ services, Liz was extremely helpful in helping us plan out our whole day. We would have never known the order of things for our ceremony and reception, but Liz made it easy! She also found us an excellent violinist at the last minute to play at our ceremony. We couldn't be happier with Liz and highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding :-)

Sent on 01/04/2011

sarah · Married on 03/27/2010

Liz was amazing at every meeting. She helped me to really envision my wedding and see what it was going to be like through the music choices and agenda creation. She helped me not only with the music but also with the schedule of the days leading up to the wedding as well as the wedding day and with all of the coordination and little details that I would have never thought of alone. She knew how to get the party going and keep it going and was fabulous at pronouncing all of my family's strange last names. Overall, Liz was so much more than a DJ during the entire process- she was the one that really helped make the whole wedding go so smoothly. It was PERFECT!

Sent on 04/19/2010

Liz Daley Events's reply:

My dear Sarah - - -it was a complete pleasure to be a part of your wedding day!!!! Congratulations!

Anna · Married on 11/14/2009

Liz really put 110% into her work. She worked on a specific time line with us. She asked what "WE" wanted and worked with us while overseas and when home in Va. The music was wonderful (which she sat down with me and picked each individual song for the ceremony and entrances) and we have had nothing but compliments on how smooth everything ran! We had a stress free wedding night! Was wonderful! I can not recommend her enough!!!!

Sent on 12/14/2009

Amy · Married on 10/31/2009

We hired Daley DJ's to provide ceremony musician , a jazz trio for the cocktail hour and to provide DJ equipment so our friend could DJ the reception. We could not have been happier! Liz was professional, helpful and flexible. The ceremony music was amazing, our guests were so impressed with the jazz trio and the DJ equipment worked well. We appreciated that they were willing to be flexible our needs and I would like to thank Liz, the musicians and the Daley DJ staff for making our wedding perfect and memorable!

Sent on 11/05/2009

Anna · Married on 05/24/2009

Liz goes above and beyond in her duties as your assigned DJ. She helped us set up things for our ceremony, created a reception agenda that completely fit what we envisioned our reception to be, was kind to family and friends...she came to the rescue to help me wipe wedding cake off my face before I had to do the garter toss even! For the year before our wedding, Liz was always available and although she is very busy, always treated us as though we were her only and most important clients. A year after our wedding, she still remembers us, checks in to see how we are doing, etc. If you want someone to take away any and everything you'd ever have to worry about at your function, she's the one for you! I did not have to worry about a thing other than having a great time!

One thing we realized is that when it comes to planning your reception, your reception site is not the main thing: regardless of your site, your DJ creates the atmosphere for your entire event. Liz Daley gave us everything we wanted and more and truly celebrated our special day with us...what more could you ask for?

Sent on 05/25/2010