Live Picture Studios Reviews

181 | Jersey City, NJ

181 Reviews for Live Picture Studios

Brett & Sandy Gallagher · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Fantastic Wedding Videographers!

From the moment we got engaged we knew we had to hire Live Picture Studios to be our videographer. A number of our friends have used them for their weddings and had great videos. We were married in May 2019 at the Hyatt Regency in Jersey City, a venue in which they’ve worked at before. We were thoroughly impressed with our wedding highlight video. It captured all the key moments of our wedding day. We’ve watched the highlight a million times and every time it just gets better. The LPS team was responsive from day one. On the day of the wedding, the LPS team continuously coordinated with our photographers to make sure everyone had the shot they needed. The entire team was very professional. The process from consultation through post wedding editing was extremely organized. We highly recommend having Live Picture Studios at your special even!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Live Picture Studios's reply:

Brett and Sandy, thank you so much for those kind words! Our entire team is so glad that you enjoyed all of your friend's videos and decided to reach out to us. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help make your special day even more special. It was truly a pleasure!
  • Heejae

Heejae Shin · Getting married on 12/07/2019

Wonderful wedding experience with Live Picture Studios!

We had a team of two photographers and two videographers. They were absolutely amazing. They were clear with their direction and very detail-oriented and they also made it very comfortable for the groom and I. They were very accommodating and so creative with using the space to make the pictures/videos come to life. Our wedding was at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden so we were surrounded by beautiful nature and I think they all really captured the essence of the space. I would highly recommend working with them. They are pure professionals and I felt completely at ease with having them capture our wedding day.

Sent on 08/13/2019

Ashley · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing experience

LPS was so wonderful and helpful to work with before, during, and after our wedding! Our video turned out so beautiful & brought us to tears.

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 06/28/2019

Excellent Footage!

We hired Live Picture Studios to capture our wedding day and they were so efficient we barely knew that they were there filming. I have heard horror stories of film companies that get in the way of photos and guests trying to have a good time at weddings to get their shots and was so relieved to have had the chance to work with Live Picture Studios as they were able to capture our day perfectly without being intrusive at all. Their customer service is top notch, editing is fantastic, and turn around time is very reasonable. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to have their events documented without feeling invaded by cameras and equipment. Thanks again!

Sent on 08/17/2019
  • Y

Yiwen Jia · Married on 06/09/2019

Amazing and Wonderful!!!

We booked Live Picture Studios for our wedding at Pleasantdale Chateau earlier in June 2019. Even before we had finalized our wedding date last year, I already knew I wanted to book LPS based on their amazing portfolio of work and the sample videos I had seen on YouTube. After we finalized our wedding date, I immediately reached out to LPS to book its services. What made things even better was LPS was a preferred vendor of the Pleasantdale, which meant its videographers were already familiar with the venue and had filmed many weddings there.

Throughout the process, everyone we worked with at LPS was phenomenal. Natasha was the initial point of contact as out sales representative and helped us customize and select a package that best suited our needs. She was so patient and sweet and answered all our questions in a timely manner and was so accommodating to all the clarification questions we had.

As we arrived closer to our wedding date, we worked with our lead producer Natalia to review the details and itinerary of the wedding day itself. Natalia was very thorough in reviewing the agenda and the relevant information and answering my questions. She made me feel very at ease in terms of how prepared she and the team was for our wedding and videos.

On the day of our wedding, our team of four videographers really brought their A game! Jason, our lead videographer, and his team were so professional and on top of their game. They captured all the special moments of the day and spent time focusing on all the elements that were important to us. They did so in a way that was non-intrusive but still very effective. Even though it was a very long day and they were on their feet for more than ten hours, Jason and his team had smiles on the entire time and their energy level was amazing. It goes to show how passionate they are about their work!

After our wedding, our editor Nicole worked with us on our Highlight Video. We are so happy with our video and have watched it countless times! Our guests are just as impressed by the quality, story line, and voiceovers in the video and how these elements were brought together to form an amazing recap of our special day. Nicole was so great to work with and answered all my clarification questions in a timely manner. She and the team at LPS are so talented and we really appreciate all their hard work and contributions to our videos.

Overall, it was such a pleasure and joy for us to work with LPS. Beyond the quality and production of the videos, it was the staff members that made our experience so engaging and positive. The team at LOPS is professional, passionate, kind, patient, and sincere and we couldn't have asked for a better team of professionals to capture the memories of our wedding! Thank you LPS!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Live Picture Studios's reply:

Yiwen, I wanted to respond here as well since you took the time to post :) It was such a pleasure to capture your special day. I know I can speak for our entire team and say that we are so appreciative and grateful for those like you who choose us and trust us to capture and film such an important event in your life. Thank you so much!

Matthew Sullivan · Married on 06/07/2019

Best Videography!

When my wife and I were beginning the planning process, we knew right away that we wanted to meet with Live Picture Studio for our videography. After seeing numerous videos on social media, we knew the work they did was fantastic. Our expectations were met after meeting in their studio, which was unlike any we had ever seen.

The team for our wedding knew exactly what shots to capture and our highlight film was amazing. It is clear why we wanted to use them from the start, and our wedding experience simply would not have been the same without them! Would not recommend anyone else for videography!

Sent on 07/31/2019

Jaclyn Noon · Married on 05/25/2019

Phenomenal, classy, & great staff

Live Picture Studios was AMAZING!!!! We were thrilled with everything they did on our wedding day to make it beyond perfect! The work they do is so incredible. We just got our highlight video and are floored with how phenomenal it is. We can't stop watching it! We are so excited to get the full video back after seeing how perfect the highlight is. LPS - Thank you for being such a class act business. We really enjoyed working with you from start to finish! Thank you for being such a huge part of our dream come true wedding day!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Live Picture Studios's reply:

Jaclyn, thank you! I wanted to respond here as well to show our appreciation. We are absolutely thrilled that you can't stop watching your highlight! It makes us so happy to see any comments like these. Thank you so much for choosing us to capture such a special day so we could help make it truly memorable. We're looking forward to your final edit as well!
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 05/25/2019

Best of the best!

I hired Live Picture Studios after seeing so many people use them. I loved their videography and how they captured all the little moments so beautifully, that I wanted them for my wedding! They were one of the first vendors I made sure to hire, and I have no regrets. They were fantastic. From staying in conversation with me, to getting an idea of what I want captured, to the day of the wedding - they were just fantastic. I received my highlight video a few days ago from them and it really brought me to tears how beautifully they captured the most special day in my life. You will not regret hiring them!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Arianna

Arianna · Married on 05/18/2019

Couldn’t be happier!

Could not be happier! Everyone I worked with at LPS was exceptionally kind and responsive, and knew their stuff! On our phone call before the wedding, they made sure to ask us about details specific to our day and relationship to focus on while filming. On the day of, they were very friendly and efficient, and worked beautifully with the photographer (a separate company) as well as the venue employees. They were able to get all their shots and do all their work without asking us any questions or disturbing any other moments - it was almost as if they weren’t there! The final video was completed so quickly afterward and was absolutely everything we could have hoped for and more. They even iorporated the drone footage that we got from yet another vendor. I have watched our video 6271517 times already. It’s amazing!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Live Picture Studios's reply:

Thank you so much again for these kind words, Arianna! We are so happy we had the chance to be a part of your special day and could help create a film you'll have to look back on to remember :)

Timothy · Married on 04/19/2019

They go above and beyond!

The quality service we received on our wedding day is hard to put into words. They made me feel very comfortable as I went about my day. We just received our short trailer which gave us a peek at what our final product will be like. All I can say is that I’m SO EXCITED to see the final video. They do such a phenomenal job editing the video.

Sent on 06/27/2019

Jessica Sampoli · Married on 04/12/2019

Best decision we made

In an effort to save money I thought that I would cut the videographer. There weren’t a ton of videos out there that I saw and liked-I also didn’t want to spend money and receive only an insta clip. A few months before the wedding I started looking into some videographers because I was afraid we would regret not having one. That’s when I found LPS. I ended up reaching out to them after watching some of their videos because i reallly loves all the highlight clips that i saw. They were soooo attentive from the beginning and super organized. On the day of the wedding the 2 shooters were so friendly and clearly knew what they were doing. They were able to tell us what to do and how to move without being overbearing. Most of the time we didn’t even notice they were there. I just got our highlight film TWO WEEKS AFTER THE WEDDING DAY!!! We were sooooo excited to watch it back and so quickly! We absolutely loooved the film. It was done perfectly and they captured all of the most important moments. I had three maids of honor who did a speech together. The editor even made sure that they had a clip of each sister speaking. The music, voice overs, moments, everything was perfect. I’m so so so happy we ended up with a videographer and even more importantly with LPS! Now we still have the longer regular edit and raw footage to look forward to!

Sent on 04/27/2019

Jessica and Vincent,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we're so glad you love your edits! LPS is truly happy that you decided to not cut videography and reach out to us. We had a blast :)
  • alex

alex · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing Vendor!

Thank you to LPS for being such an amazing vendor. From your response time to your amazing dedication on our wedding day, you truly were fantastic. We highly recommend LPS!

Sent on 04/26/2019

Live Picture Studios's reply:

Alex, thank you so much! These kind words mean a lot to us and we appreciate the opportunity to have captured the memories of your wedding day!
  • Catherine

Catherine Marino · Married on 04/06/2019

Best decision we made for our wedding!

I can't say enough good things about this company and their work! Everyone was great from the start as far as the communication, and answering questions but I have to say especially our editor Frank Bull who I feel was above and beyond at answering and helping me with any questions or concerns and so nice and of course he then edited and put together a phenomenal highlight video for us! The girls in the office were great leading up with all the details and the day of, the two camera people we had were so great, they caught everything but at the same time were unnoticed by us and guests (aka not in your face!) if that makes sense! Fantastic, everything, this was one decision I was really contemplating video or not but after finding them online I fell in love with their videos and let me tell you its the best decision I made! Thank you LPS

Sent on 05/01/2019

Live Picture Studios's reply:

Catherine, thank you so much for those kind words about the team. LPS is honored to have captured such a special day for you and we appreciate that you gave us that chance!

Lin C · Married on 03/30/2019

Truly Amazing!

Truly impressed with the professionalism and talent of the LPS team. They were one of the first vendors we booked when starting to plan our wedding as I remember being blown away by their same edit video at a friend’s wedding a few years ago. If you are on the fence about hiring a videographer, just do it! The day goes by in such a blur and this is the best way to capture all the moments and reliving the day. I wouldn’t hesitate recommending LPS to anyone! LPS is such an exceptional team to work with from start to finish. From meeting the sales team, the videographers to the production team, they were very responsive and listened to all our requests and delivered exactly what we discussed. It was one of the best decisions we made and we are beyond happy with our same day edit and highlight videos. My husband and I can’t wait to see the rest of the footage!

Sent on 06/06/2019

Live Picture Studios's reply:

Linda, Thank you for taking the time to review and I wanted to respond here as well! We are beyond thrilled that we were able to give you the experience you had. Thank you so much for those kind words about our entire team from start to finish and we're so excited to be able to share the rest of your edits with you. Thank you again from the whole LPS team :)
  • Patricia

Patricia · Married on 03/23/2019

Loved LPS!

The LPS team truly nailed our wedding vision and gave us a beautiful way to remember our special day.

We received our highlight video while on our honeymoon and I started crying all over again. They even accommodated my last minute edit request without missing a beat.

For our still photos, we have such a great mix of formal portraits and candids that allow our personalities to shine through. Aleks and team brought so many beautiful ideas to the table and were willing to roll with any request we had throughout the day.

All of my guests commented on the fact that they hardly knew the photo and video team were there. So many of them were used to the teams that were blocking the dance floor with bright lights in your face all night. Not LPS. They managed to always be right where we needed them to be without making our guests, bridal party, or even us feel awkward pouring our hearts out on the dance floor.

Can't wait to get our full video back!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Live Picture Studios's reply:

Patricia and Rocco, thank you for taking the time to review here as well! Our entire LPS team is honored to have been able to give you the experience you deserved for such a special day. From our sales team all the way to our post team, thank you so much!
  • Alison

Alison Hernandez · Married on 03/17/2019

Excellent quality, wonderful staff

Tl;dr Based on the photo and video highlights I've gotten so far, I'm glad I went with LPS.

Hi! Recent bride here! My now-husband and I did the thing on March 17, 2019, and we chose LPS for both photography and videography. I had found them while researching potential venues, because I realized instead of going to all these venues I could narrow down my search by watching a ton of videos. I originally was searching on YouTube, but Google eventually pointed me to an LPS video and I was so impressed. There was such a clear difference in quality, I couldn't even. I had no personal experience with them as a company; no friends to reference, etc. But they had SO MANY videos, and it made me feel like I could trust them to not spontaneously close up shop. Also, the idea of a videography team that knows how to work with the photography team = no awkward standoffs between the camera people. And speaking of the people, all the staff were courteous, professional, and prompt (even though I made their lives difficult by not knowing where exactly I wanted the first-look to happen). Chris was our lead photographer; super nice and gave great directions when it came to helping us pose.

So far we've gotten our photo and video highlights. Everything has been amazing! They chose great sound clips for the video, and the pictures feel so magical. An example of the staff's awesome service was when I was looking for a specific pose for my thank you cards that wasn't included in the photo highlights; the staff replied with some extra pictures as per my request the next day. They didn't have to, but they did, and to me that left a great impression.

Thanks, LPS!

Sent on 04/21/2019

Hi Alison,

Thank you so much for those kind words! We greatly appreciate the time you set aside to write about your experience with us and of course, for trusting us in the way you did to let us photograph and film one of the most important days of your life. We take great pride in not only our services and edits, but also in providing the best experience from start to finish. It means so much to us and we wish you the happiest or years to come :)

Neeti · Married on 02/16/2019

Great Photo and Video Team!

LPS came highly recommended to us from a good friend and we couldn’t be happier that we made the decision to go with them. Right from the get-go they were very detailed oriented and always prompt in responding to any questions/concerns we had. Our photo and video team did an absolutely fantastic job covering our wedding. We were reassured that we made the right decision after we got our cinematic highlight video and our photos. The highlight video was so elegantly put together and captured emotions in a way that really struck a chord. It told a beautiful story of the most amazing day of our lives. The photos too were nothing short of breathtaking. We were so happy with how thorough Nathan and the team were and loved the overall creativity behind the photos. We’re now looking forward to seeing our regular edit. For anyone looking for a professional and creative team, we highly recommend going with LPS.

Sent on 05/26/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful wedding videos

I was a film major in college, so I took finding a videographer for my wedding very seriously...I can't even guess how many videos I watched and companies I looked at. I chose Live Pictures Studios, and I'm happy I did. So far we have only gotten our 5 minute cinematic highlight back, and it was wonderful! It was so good, it made almost everyone who watched it cry. The videographers were very nice and not intrusive at all, yet they managed to capture every little detail of our wedding day.

I did have one issue - my email address was entered into the system incorrectly, which caused a delay in receiving the names/contact numbers of my videographers as well as the cinematic highlight edit form (the edit isn't started until after you submit the form) and the link to my cinematic highlight. I was assured this was now corrected, but I wish my email had been changed in the system when the problem was first encountered before my wedding as I could have avoided more delays. However, Live Picture Studios was nice enough to edit my cinematic highlight on the quicker side of the timeline they gave me, and I was able to get my video before the holidays to show to extended family.

I would definitely recommend Live Picture Studios for any videography needs.

Sent on 01/07/2019

Sherin · Married on 10/06/2018

Outstanding

To be honest, I never got as far as reading a single review for LPS because the minute I saw their videos, I knew they were the one. Between the music and their careful selection, they created the most beautiful highlights video for us. They are professional, thorough, and punctual - all things that will comfort any busy bride. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Tammy · Married on 09/30/2018

The MVP of my vendor team

We had only LPS for our videography, and the only regret I have is that we didn't choose to have the complete photography and videography package. The LPS team was great, I could not have hoped for a better. We received our highlight, and it was beautiful and we could not be happier.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Leslie · Married on 09/22/2018

Spectacular final product, excellent service, and great value

I'm a video producer by training and trade and I therefore had exceptionally high standards and expectations for my videography team. Live Picture Studios surpassed my expectations in every way from the initial phone call through to approval process for the regular edit. The footage is gorgeous, the quality of the storytelling is extremely high, and the customer service throughout the process was stellar, especially considering my nitpicky edit requests along the way (though it's important for me to note that the original highlight and regular edit files were great from the very first review link).

Both the ceremony and reception venue were scenic overall but featured a few angles and logistical challenges that were not optimal. The LPS videographers met the challenge beautifully.

Because I was on a tight budget, I opted for just two videographers though I had debated whether to hire a third to capture a close-up of my face during the ceremony. While I wish I had splurged for the added angle, I really only noticed it was missing during the extended regular edit so I still think I made a prudent decision.

Special shoutouts to Stevenson (Post Supervisor), who was phenomenal throughout the process; Ed (DP) and Tar (2nd camera and audio) who made for a fantastic videography team on my wedding day; and Dakota (part of the post-production editing team) who provided excellent customer service during the final approvals process.

Sent on 03/12/2019

Jessica · Married on 09/14/2018

Live Picture Studios, Recommend!

Joel was our videographer and he did an amazing job. He was polite and down to earth. I felt like he fit right in with our bridal party and helped us enjoy our special day. I highly recommend using Live Picture Studios for your big event!!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Jillian · Married on 09/14/2018

We would choose LPS to capture our special day over and over again

My husband and I made the best decision to book LPS as our videographer for our wedding, on 9/14/2018. You will never ever regret booking Live Picture Studios to capture the best day of your life! If I could give these guys 100 stars I would ;) The whole entire planning experience was so flawlessly executed and the crew that was assigned to attend our wedding were extremely professional and made both my husband and I feel so at ease. Our wedding day highlight makes me cry every time I see it and my husband watches it even more than me! The editing and flow of the highlight did not disappoint. We are so happy with our decision and you will be too. Thank you LPS for capturing our day so incredibly beautifully!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Steph · Married on 09/08/2018

LOVE our Video!!!!

I could not be happier with my highlight video from LPS!!!!! We were one of the couples that were on the fence about getting a videographer for the wedding day, but I talked to some friends who refretted not getting one, so we decided why not. The wedding day goes by SO FAST, and immediately after the wedding, I was SO HAPPY that I had the video to look forward to. The highlight video came out AMAZING. The team perfectly captured our vibe and the feeling of the wedding. I’ve watched the highlight video 100 times. They also let you decide after the wedding if you want to get a longer video. It’s so nice to see the highlight and then make a decision if you want more or not. I cannot say enough good things about this team!! Thank you so much to Ed, Tar, Marc, and the whole team!!

Sent on 11/04/2018