18 Reviews for Live Oak Plantation

Tent Accessories (1)
Tents (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
18 Live Oak Plantation Reviews

If you want a stress free wedding, Live Oak Plantation is the place. Joe, Donna, Laura and Chase are truly a blessing to us. From the moment we met, they walked us through wedding preparations every step of the way. Absolutely NO STRESS and definitely worth every penny. The venue speaks for itself and even more beautiful in person. The beautiful live oaks, pond, rustic cabin and elegant cotton house are stunning. My daughter has dreamed of her special day and it met every expectation. God topped it off with perfect weather and we are very blessed and thankful. Thanks again Live Oak we will be forever grateful.... #HappilyHubner.....Forrest and Anne Fillingim 3/17/18

Profile Picture Anne, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough good things about this venue. The owners, Donna and Joe, are phenomenal people with a gorgeous venue. Their ultimate goal is to make sure that you have a beautiful and stress free day. Their love for people and making others happy is eminent; it's not just a job for them. From the day we booked the venue (which was about a year from our wedding) to the minute we got married, Donna was extremely helpful, flexible, and kind.
Personally, you could not find a more beautiful venue in the Pensacola area. All the amenities that they have created at this site is breathtaking. The outdoor ceremony was complemented by the lake and many oak trees in the background. The reception building, known as the Cotton House, is a stunning old-French style building created by Donna and Joe themselves. We booked at the time when the building didn't exist, and we were privileged to watch the construction process and see this building develop to what it is today. All the details of this location are meticulously thought out and executed perfectly.
If you're looking to get married in or around the Pensacola area, I highly recommend Live Oak Plantation. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough good things about Live Oak Planation!! This beautiful venue and the amazing owners made my wedding a true fairy tale. From the moment we toured the venue we instantly fell in love and couldn’t imagine getting married anywhere else. Every single detail of this property was made perfect and fit for any brides dream wedding. During the year leading up to the wedding Mrs. Donna and her husband Joe were there every step of the way. Mrs. Donna would kindly answer all my questions and help ease my worries. I was so excited for my wedding day because I could not wait for everyone to see this elegant and timeless venue. We had many guests come up to us and rave about Live Oak. Our wedding was perfect in every way and I felt like a real life princess. I am so thankful we found Live Oak and got to work with Donna and Joe because we also made life long friends. I can’t wait to attend weddings here in the future and see other bride’s dreams come true!

Profile Picture kennedy, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughter's wedding was last night (Nov. 4, 2017) and we couldn't wait until the next morning to write this review. The owners are the warmest and most caring people and we could not have been more pleased with the service and dedication to make the affair one that we and my daughter and now husband will remember for ever. If you don't chose Live Oak Plantation for your wedding, you'd be crazy!! Everything was perfect!! Thank you so much Donna and Joe, and their daughter Laura.
Doug and Sharon Druker

Profile Picture Doug, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding at Live Oak and I cannot say enough amazing things about Donna, Joe, and Laura! They are incredibly sweet and helpful and truly made our day everything we wanted and more. We had a long engagement and had booked far in advance, the amount of additions they have added are astounding. It is the most beautiful location you could possibly imagine. From the lake and the outdoor area, to the Cotton House pavilion and Bridal Suite, everything is absolutely perfect. Honestly, if you get married in Pensacola and don't get married here, you are crazy. Live Oak Plantation surpassed any vision I had for my wedding and I couldn't have asked for anything more beautiful.

Profile Picture User5486042, Recently Married, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables

My husband and I had our wedding here on November 3rd and it was PERFECT! Donna, Joe and Laura are the sweetest people ever and will work hard to make your wedding vision come to life. Live Oak Plantation is the perfect wedding venue for anyone who wants more than a beach or barn wedding. It’s simply gorgeous! I can’t say enough nice things about the venue or the family.

Profile Picture Liana, 11/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

The pictures and video from my wedding speak for themselves. This venue was so perfect for my husband and I; it doesn’t get more gorgeous in my opinion. Everything about it fit! Perfect for ANY wedding, specifically rustic-elegance weddings. Donna (venue owner) is always looking to make this place better…I don’t know how she does it…but every time we visited there was something new and exciting about the place! Great spot for an outdoor wedding or event (the 300 year old oak trees are everything!); they also have a beautiful indoor option in case of rain. Donna also went above and beyond each time I visited from Houston; she was always willing to work with me on getting out to the venue for whatever I needed and made sure all the details were worked out (which are a lot!) before the wedding day. I felt like a princess that day, and a lot of it was thanks to this amazing venue and team. YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS VENUE.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 10/28/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

DREAM WEDDING CAME TRUE: What is there not to LOVE about Live Oak Plantation? Between the beautiful venue and the amazing owners, I couldn't have asked for a better place to get married. Although my wedding party was small, this venue gave my wedding a GRAND appeal. Joe, Donna and Laura went up and beyond to make sure my wedding day was a fairytale. They even provided princes music from a Disney Collection! No matter the size of your wedding, Live Oak Plantation is the perfect fit. Plus, the owners have wonderful knowledge of local vendors, which made my planning so much easier and enlightening. They have a wonderful reputation among the wedding industry and everyone gets excite to work with them! Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend Live Oak Plantation to anyone getting married.

Photo
Profile Picture Michele, 7/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Truly the best day ever, it was beyond magical. We began the wedding planning process in late December with Donna and Joe. My entire family and I arrived for a informational tour and Donna whisked us around on the golf carts showing us the canopy forest, the beautiful pond, and where the future Cotton House would be built (we had no idea at the time how truly gorgeous it was going to be). We were wowed with the venue in December. We decided to book the venue for a June 10th wedding!

Donna made the wedding planning process seamless. She created a day of itinerary with us in January and it was so helpful when planning for the wedding day! She was beyond organized and was able to help us with any questions we had. Being a teacher and Donna a retired school teacher her wedding plans were detail oriented and reminded me of my sub lesson plans! We even hand drew out how the cotton house should look on my big day!
I could not have envisioned a more perfect day. We were welcomed and greeted by Donna, her husband Joe, her daughter Laura and her son Chase. The bridesmaids and myself were presented with a gorgeous and tasty champagne brunch. We were so impressed with the set-up and how wonderful the food tasted. The makeup and hair stylists arrived shortly after and set-up upstairs. We enjoyed getting ready and spending the day in Donna's beautiful plantation home that she so graciously opened and shared with us.
Five thirty struck and it was time! The groom and I arrived separately via helicopter that was kept a secret to our guests. Donna and Joe helped arrange this for us and have an amazing company that they work with! Joe was kind enough to help me, my dress and veil get safely out of the helicopter. The long beautiful brick pathway that lead to the ceremony site was breathtaking. All in all truly a perfect, memorable day. Guests have commented it was the most beautiful wedding they had attended!

Profile Picture Marissa, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Covered Outdoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Linens, Wheelchair Access

My daughter was married at Live Oak Plantation on June 10, 2017. I cannot begin to express how pleased we were with this venue! First and foremost is the venue. Acres and acres of beautiful oak trees, green lawn and a duck pond. The pond has real ducks and a water fountain in it. Beautiful stained glass windows hang from the oak trees and at night there are strung lights everywhere that light up the trees and grounds. It is gorgeous! The bridal path is a long, curvy brick path and the sight of all the bridesmaids and groomsmen walking your way on the path is heavenly. When the bride arrives, the venue has 2 large white doors that are placed strategically so that the doors open wide and the lovely bride steps thru and the large wedding bell is rung and the music starts. Fantastic is all I can say!! The reception was held in their open air pavilion. The pavilion is new, all brick with large open window areas. Uplighting was used on the brick walls to highlight them. The white draping at the ceiling and strung lights were beautiful at night all lit up. There was plenty of space for our guests and dancing. The bar and catering had ample room to set up and was easy access to the reception area. Donna and her team were exceptional! From beginning to end, Donna, was there to assist us in the planning. Donna's team set up the tables and all the other venue related items such as the cocktail tables and table cloths, flower arrangements, whiskey barrels and tables for the food etc. Her team also helped to clean up the venue at the end. Family gathers all of their stuff with the help of her team when wedding is over. Donna's team helped to gather the china and flowers etc for the vendors also when it was over. Donna even helped to negotiate a better price for us when we used the helicopter for the grand entrance of the bride and groom. Donna and her team went above and beyond to make my daughters wedding dream come true. This is a premiere wedding venue!

Profile Picture marina, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Being the maid of honor for my best friend's wedding, I was heavily involved with planning and organizing. Donna (the venue's owner and manager) was MAJOR help in this from the get-go. She gave us great recommendations for the caterer, DJ, bartending service, etc. that fit perfectly into the wedding's budget without charging us for any advice/hours of their time. Also, it's a family run venue; which wasn't something we found at all in our search for a venue...they truly cared about the bride and groom and went to extreme measures to make sure everything was perfect and exactly the way the bride and groom imagined. This venue may be brand new but it's the best in town, hands down. So happy to say I am officially booked with Live Oak for my wedding next!

Profile Picture User6981406, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As soon as my fiancé and I saw this venue we had to have it! Donna and Joe just make it even better because they are such genuine people who make you feel like they truely care and want your wedding to be fabulous! I can't say enough about them and their venue. We are getting married on 5/4/17 and we couldn't be more excited. They have it set up to where the natural background requires minimal decoration.
We searched several other options; however, nothing compared to Lives Oaks :)

Profile Picture Carissa, 5/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is the most stunning venue in the Pensacola area. There are so many things included in the price of renting the venue. Donna goes above and beyond to make sure you have everything exactly like you want it on your special day.

Profile Picture Haley, 2/18/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Audio Equipment, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up

Absolutely stunning venue! It is the perfect setting for a wedding. Donna went above and beyond to make sure every aspect of our daughter's wedding was perfect. The bridesmaid's brunch was amazing and the groom men's luncheon was awesome! This wedding venue is beautiful during the day and becomes magical at night with all the chandeliers and accent lighting. Joe and Donna continue to improve this already gorgeous venue.

Profile Picture Pam, 2/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had the most amazing time working with Joe and Donna! I got my dream wedding and I couldn't be happier. I HIGHLY recommend using Live Oak as your venue. You won't be dissappointed. Not only is Donna flexible, quick to respond, and willing to do what makes you happy; she's knowledgable! This lovely lady knows what to do to make your wedding day perfect.

Profile Picture Meghan, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Forget the fact that Live Oak Plantation is just about the most beautiful spot on earth to hold a wedding, the owners are the most precious people to work with! They couldn't have bent over backwards any more than they did. My daughter's wedding was truly a very peaceful and harmonious experience. Just proves that wedding dreams can surely come true!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding was one of the first at LOP and Donna and Joe exceeded all of our expectations. They worked very hard to be sure everything was how I envisioned it. Highly recommend this beautiful venue! You won't regret it!!

Profile Picture Grier, 5/21/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Donna and Joe go over and beyond to make your special day perfect. Anything you want, they will do their best to make it happen.

Profile Picture Mecee, 5/21/16, 1 Review