59 Reviews for Live Music Pros

Liability Insurance (4)
Lighting (4)
Sample Music (3)
55 Live Music Pros Reviews

This band is amazing. They were so great to work with and then their performance was awesome. The dance floor was never empty and people keep telling us how great they were. You will not regret hiring this band.

Profile Picture Annette, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

Live music Pro's made my wedding the BEST! My guests are still raving about how amazing this band was and I would hire them for any of my future events!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sample Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

The ABSOLUTE. BEST. WEDDING. BAND. OUT. THERE! Atomic Funk Project, from Live Music Pros, is simply incredible. All of our friends and guests have told me it was the best wedding band they had ever heard (and I agree!). I've been to weddings with some of the highest-end (and most expensive) NYC wedding bands out there -- AFP blew all of them out of the water and didn't break our budget. Our dance floor was overflowing the entire night. We ultimately decided on the 10-piece band: the vocalists were out of this world amazing, the horns lit up the tent, and the extra percussion adds so much depth to the band's sound. Gary and his whole team at Live Music Pros were amazing to work with. They were fast, incredibly knowledgeable, and responsive, and helped coordinate our band and our ceremony music (working with us to find the perfect combination of a cello/guitar duo for our ceremony). Both were absolutely perfect. The band in particular spent a lot of time working with us before our wedding day to make sure they fully understood our music tastes. They even learned the Jay-Z/Kanye version of 'Otis' for us (one of our slightly non-traditional specific requests), and rapped for us. The dance floor exploded. It was unbelievable. I want to hire Atomic Funk Project for every party I ever throw. Cannot recommend them highly enough!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Learning New Songs, Reception, Willing to Travel
0.5

We were very disappointed with Live Music Pros and would advise you to save your money, as this cost us over $12k and was the worst part of our wedding. My wedding was under a tent and it started to rain so they just stopped playing because they did not come prepared to protect their wires. The music just stopped, and we didn't have a proper "ending" to our wedding. They also changed the timing of when they would play, unbeknownst to us (and what was agreed to in the contract) and told us that they were ending 15 minutes earlier than scheduled. 15 minutes may not seem like a lot, but since they were only playing for less than 2 hours, it was. Additionally, they did not adhere to our song requests. They did not play 1 slow song the entire night. They also played mostly T-40 songs, which we specifically asked to avoid. Also, the band that they sent was quite different from the band that we saw perform at Brooklyn Bowl. Another warning - about 2 weeks before your wedding, they will email you to ask if you want "optional" lighting for an additional $2k. They show a link to a video of the band with the lighting and without - the video of the band without the lighting is basically pitch black so you feel obligated to get the lighting, since you spent over $10k on the band in the first place. It was very disappointing that they were not upfront with this additional cost.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Charlotte, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Reception

I think it's a disservice to call this group just a wedding band, they all really are extremely talented musicians! Music was one of the most important things to us and AFP exceeded our expectations ten times over. They absolutely nailed the vibe we were looking for and kept the dance floor PACKED the entire night! Months later people are still talking about our band! They are so easy to work with, from initial phone call to day of - working with Erik, Anthony and the gang was an absolute pleasure. If you want to throw a rocking dance party, to blow your guests away and some KILLER tunes, this band will deliver on every level. One of (if not) the best decisions we made during the entire planning process was to bring this band onboard. EPIC!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ
Services Used: Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sample Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Ever since we saw Live Music Pros at a showcase in Brooklyn, my husband and I could not wait to hear them play at our wedding. We were blown away by their performance at the showcase, but nothing compared to having them play at our wedding. We had a nine piece band and they were simply incredible. We had Joel, Brandi, and Justin as vocalists at our wedding and I would pay money to see any of them perform again. Their playlist is the perfect mix of old and new (something for everyone), and they had everyone dancing (even the people who claimed they weren't really dancers). Their energy and excitement really shone through, and we could not recommend them more. If music and dancing is important to you, you need to have Live Music Pros perform at your wedding!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 6/10/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sample Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel

We cannot believe how amazing the whole team was -- we were so impressed, and our guests were raving about them the entire night. Not only was the MC so helpful, she was personable and adorable. The music was catered to us perfectly, and we loved every moment of the performances. People didn't stop dancing. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Allegra, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

Atomic Funk Project performed at our wedding earlier this month. We had high hopes for them, and they surpassed our expectations. It's an understatement to say that each and every member of the band is talented. They are super well-rounded and balanced, truly offering something for everyone. We especially loved their energy and vibe - it matched perfectly with that of our crowd and our venue. Their rendition of our first-dance song was also spot on. We loved Atomic Funk Project and can't wait to see them at Brooklyn Bowl soon!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I had the pleasure of hiring atomic funk band for my husband's surprise 50th birthday party. Not only did they deliver, but they exceeded all of my expectations. Everybody at the party had a blast and could not stop talking about it for months later. They were the hit of the party for sure. There is nothing like having live music at an event. Worth every penny!!!! I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

Cannot say enough positive things about this band. They had everyone dancing the entire time! Between the quality of the outstanding vocals, their wonderful musicians (especially horn section) and lights, it felt like you were at a concert! They even took time to learn how to play the father/daughter and mother/son dance which was a special touch. They were very responsive and flexible and reached out to seek clarification with us if something was not clear. Everyone kept asking us where we found them! True professionals - highlight of the wedding.

Profile Picture Christina, 11/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

We had the 7 piece of Atomic Funk Project with two vocalists. If you want guests to say "this is the best wedding I've ever been to," book these guys. Such talented musicians who also show the crowd how much fun they're having by performing. Couldn't have asked for a better music vendor. So pleased. Wish we could do it all over again!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

It was a pleasure to work with Live Music Pros (Atomic Funk Project). They made planning the music for our event seamless from our first introduction to the day of the event. Our wedding was a few weeks ago, and everyone is still talking about the band!!! If you are thinking about hiring them for your wedding, just shoot the lock off your wallet and do it! I assure you that you won't regret it. Be prepared to dance the night away to the best entertainment in the NYC area!

Profile Picture Joseph, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

In a nutshell, Atomic Funk Project was the most praised aspect of our wedding. The management was easy to work with, and the band brought serious musical talent. Highly recommended.
Musically, the band's expertise is in motown, funk, and classic pop, but they also threw in some more recent pop hits and nailed those as well. They did a great job sticking to the covers as they were originally performed by the greats.
In terms of showmanship, they did an excellent job reading the room and the moment to play the appropriate songs and to keep people on the dance floor. They brought high energy and just the right volume.
Administratively, the band was super professional and easy to work with. They made the planning of the songlist/schedule and coordination with our venue simple.
As a groom who is very into music, and who was in charge of music, it was a great source of pride when practically every single guest came up to me and told me that the band was the highlight of the night -- besides the ceremony of course :)
In summary, book Atomic Funk Project with confidence, knowing that they will make the party amazing, fun, and unforgettable.

Profile Picture User7285345, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

We had the Atomic Funk Project for our wedding in August 2016. AFP ismuch more than a wedding band. AFP is worth every penny! When looking for a band, we set out to find someone that played the New York music scene and we found them one night playing at BB Kings. They are extremely talented professional musicians who kept everyone dancing all night long. We had an eclectic mix of music and AFP came through playing all of the musical genres. The bride wanted Motown and 70s disco and the groom wanted more modern music, including hip hop and the Black Eyed Peas. People could not get enough of the music and did not leave the dance floor. The band was extremely professional and good in interacting with all of the guests. My sister and cousin went up to sing the Bee Gees "Staying Alive" and the lead singer was great about having them on stage. The lead singer came on to the dance floor to join the dancing. They were great about taking a request for an encore song. They did an amazing rendition of "A New York State of Mind."

We still have guests raving about the band several months later and they keep saying how that was the best band ever at a wedding. Everyone liked them so much, that a group of friends and family want to go see AFP play at BB Kings one night.

Profile Picture Maribeth, 8/20/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We used the Live Music Pros at our August 13,2016 wedding. They were absolutely phenomenal! The musicians are all so talented! The singers rocked it and made the whole night amazing for us! Our guests won't stop talking about this amazing band! Love love love them!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/13/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

Atomic Funk Project was amazing! The dance floor was packed from beginning to end! All of my guests raved about the band ! Many guests are look forward to using them in the near future! Thank you!

Profile Picture User7043693, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

Live Pros helped me find the perfect Band (trio) for my ceremony and cocktail hour! MilkWeed is a fantastic group and exactly what I had in mind. I received tons a compliments on my music choice. Live Pros worked with our budget and was very professional!

Profile Picture Nikki , 6/25/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

If you are looking for an over the top band to make your wedding come alive and basically bring the house down, then book this group!! Absolutely phenomenal from start to finish....ALL of the musicians were consummate and so much fun! EVERYONE at our wedding was dancing and we are still getting rave reviews from people about our band. We would book them again in a minute and they were worth every penny we spent. Just LOVE ATOMIC FUNK! THANK YOU GUY EVERYONE! John and Wright

Profile Picture John, 6/19/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I were extremely happy with Atomic Funk Project. Go for it!

Profile Picture User5363888, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

AFP made our night! They had a really wide selection of songs from old favorites to newer hits. They also were able to accommodate some special songs, and focused on the genres and artists we were most excited about. Our guests are still talking about how amazing they were, and asking for their information for their future weddings! I would highly recommend booking AFP if you want an organized, energetic, and memorable band at your wedding.

Profile Picture Kerrie, 5/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

It was an absolute pleasure working with the band. My now husband wanted to incorporate Star Wars songs into the procession but I wanted classical strings and Canon in D. Erik took it upon himself to help us rearrange the songs to suit both of our needs and it turned out absolutely amazing! Everyone loved it because it was subtle but noticeable. The reception performance by the full band was absolutely amazing as well. I wasn't sure if Motown music would suit everyone's taste, but the dance floor was packed from start to beginning. The performers were engaging and even came out to the dance floor to interact with us. Five months later, our friends are still talking about how great the band was and it's all thanks to Steve, Erik and rest of the team! Thank you all again!

Profile Picture User7342537, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

I recently had the opportunity to work with the team at Live Music Pros, and my experience was incredible! As a wedding planner/coordinator, it's so important for me to work with vendors who are talented, responsive, professional, and easy to work with. Particularly with bands, it is so important to find a band who can confidently run an incredible party, deal with last-minute timing changes, and be able to keep the celebration energy up, even when the weather and logistics of the day are challenging. Live Music Pros exceeded all of our expectations, and we were so pleased with their work. We will definitely be recommending this team to our clients in the future!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

We had a wedding and a party broke out!! Atomic Funk Project brought the house down, raised the roof, whatever you want to call it, was just amazing. Guests (300 of them) never left the dance floor. The entire band was incredible, the horns, the drums, the keyboard, percussions, guitars and the singers. Anyone (foolish enough) to leave early missed the most incredible version of You Make Me Wanna Shout that included the Bride and Groom. The buzz is still going on weeks later. Thank you all!!!

Profile Picture Marc, 2/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Atomic Funk Project was absolutely the right band for our wedding. They were flexible on the services they provided, the logistics and the types of music they played. From the quoting process, to the day of the wedding, Steve was super responsive and helpful with answering all the questions we had. We ended up adding additional services (ceremony music and after-party DJ) after we booked them for the reception and it was very easy to work that out.

At the wedding, the music was unbelievable from beginning to end. The took my wife's obscure father-daughter dance and performed it unbelievably! They kept the dance floor packed the entire night and read the crowd perfectly. All night, guests were asking who the band was and how we found them - everyone loved them! They were all amazing musicians and sounded great no matter the song. They had a ton of energy and got the crowd involved and transitioned into other songs seamlessly.

The band manager that night was also really great to work with. She was great with making announcements and working with our timeline. Her communication was great and it made everything really easy. They were the best investment of our beautiful wedding!!

Profile Picture Billy, 1/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Microphones, Sound/PA System