Live! Casino & Hotel Reviews

Live! Casino & Hotel 2
Live! Casino & Hotel 3

Valerie · Getting married on 08/09/2020

Outstanding

This venue is beautiful , mordern they have thought of everything . The staff was outstanding . I will book at this venue . Top of the line , this venue is everything !!!

Sent on 05/01/2019
  • Soni

Soni Bajaj · Getting married on 07/05/2020

Janelle is amazing

Janelle was our event coordinator at Live casino and Hotel for our wedding and reception, and everything was AMAZING because of her. Her service is beyond anything, she was very helpful and walked us through pretty much all of our needs (esp when it came to getting permission from fire marshals for our Hindu ceremony with live fire.) Our whole event went by super smoothly because she coordinated everything with all vendors on time and we literally had no issues. She answered our calls and text very patiently and became our life saver...We did not have any melt downs because of her hard work and dedication to make our event special. If anyone is considering getting married at the Grand Ballroom at Live Casino and Hotel, def reach out to Janelle, you will be in the best hands.

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Flavia

Flavia Oleniewski Cba · Married on 05/19/2019

Amazing Venue and Fantastic Staff

This past weekend I had the pleasure to be a vendor at an Indian wedding at the Maryland Live Casino Events Center.

The venue is modern, clean and beautiful! The staff was stellar. I had the opportunity to sample the food and it was also very delicious.

Janelle Margolis (events director) and Ryan Dewey (director of AV dept) were my points of contact and they were all very responsive and accommodating. Janelle was on top of everything, she coordinated all the vendors and made sure everything went smoothly for this all day wedding. She's a true wedding ninja :)

I'd highly recommend this venue to all brides looking for a fantastic venue.

Sent on 05/20/2019

Live! Casino & Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Flavia! We at Live! Casino & Hotel were so impressed with your company's work for our client. The event wouldn't have been what it was without Partistry Events! We look forward to working with you and your team again soon.

Christopher Anderson · Married on 02/17/2019

Amazing over the moon and fun

We held out wedding reception and it was amazing the food was amazing plenty of room to dance the bartender for our event was amazing the severs were amazing! Just a awesome time!! If we could do it all over again we would!!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Thulisile

Thulisile · Married on 10/13/2018

Live! Casino Magical Wedding

When we began planning for our wedding we had so many ideas in mind. We finally landed on having a Vegas style wedding in Live Casino but had no idea if it would be possible. I did my research, sent off a request for Live! Casino (at this time the Hotel was still under construction) and on May 3, 2018, my journey began with Janelle Margolis (catering sales manager Maryland Live! Casino Hotel). Within a week My fiance and i were invited for a tour of the possible venues to have our wedding. We met Janelle at the Live! Lofts and were treated to a tour and a beautifully set up table. We were impressed with the service but not specifically the space. Janelle then took us to The Prime Rib Patio and we fell in love with it. It was just what we wanted for our intimate wedding of a planned 65 guests on Oct 13, 2018. By May 16, we had a contract in hand and were committed to seeing this through. Janelle, pointed us in the right direction for vendors as we wanted to use Moscow mule mugs for favors. She did some research and we got them for a very reasonable price. each conversation we had with Janelle was always uplifting, reassuring and more than we anticipated. Janelle made each meeting, responded to every email or phone call and each time with a surprise. I explained that when i was doing research I could not find a lot of information about Maryland Live for weddings and she assured me, information would be more readily available because of our wedding. When she informed us that our wedding was going to be be featured for their marketing, I almost lost my mind with excitement. We were treated to a first hand look at the Live! Casino Hotel when it was built as we planned on staying there for our wedding. We toured each room set up and were amazed at how we were made to feel welcome and loved by all the employees. Janelle gave us the true VIP experience. She introduced us to William from Tierra Events who did our decorations and also referred us to a baker, however we chose to use Kake Korner.
    When we had our food tasting in Aug, I believe the red carpet was laid out for us. We had a nice spread of food to chose from for our wedding. We had the tasting at the Prime Rib Patio and were assisted by Chef Jose and banquet employee Dora. We were so excited we could have had the wedding on that same day. we also met Andy the manager of The Prime Rib and he assured us everything would be wonderful for our wedding.
    Janelle was with us every step of the way. She also treated us to see Johnny Gill and Ralph Tresvant in concert at Live! Event Center, which was wonderful and perfect timing. We met Leigh / Bernard the banquet manager on Sep 28 at a chance encounter while at the concert. Leigh assured us that he would be working our wedding day and that he would take everything in his hands and make it beautiful. He and everyone who heard about our upcoming wedding was super-excited and appreciative that we selected Live! for our wedding. A lot of our guests who also stayed at the Hotel can not stop raving about the welcoming atmosphere at Live! Casino and Hotel.
    On our wedding day, Janelle came to my room early with our photographer. The great surprise was that the photographer is Lauren Bublin from Washingtonian Magazine, I am still overwhelmed knowing that they chose her to do our wedding. The grandest surprise was that we were offered to take our photos at one of the Pent House suites. We had first look and some portraits taken up there even on the balcony overlooking all of Arundel Mills. It was an honor to be taken there and I swear Janelle was walking around with a magic ward, making things happen. Throughout the whole morning, all staff at the hotel, casino, Prime Rib and banquet were amazing. I walked in my gown from Live! Hotel all the way to the Prime Rib Patio. It is an experience of a life time, and guess what Janelle was right there with me.
    The ceremony went off without a glitch. Leigh was right there with us and the Prime Rib Patio had been transformed into a fairy tale. It was beautiful and our guests were impressed with the level of detail put into transforming the space from what it usually is to be a wedding ceremony space. By the time cocktail hour began, our guests felt like they received the true royal treatment. Some even expressed that they have never imagined a wedding like ours. The cocktail service was outstanding, the food was delicious and the drinks were flowing. When the reception space was arranged, it was more that I expected, everything was in place, everyone was happy and we could not wait for our guest to enjoy. Leigh then introduced us to David and Mirta from the banquet team who took care of us like family. I felt that everyone who worked at live on our wedding weekend wanted us to be at ease, but mostly, they wanted to be at work and put forth their best efforts. We also met the some senior staff from Cordish group and were truly given the royal treatment. Heck, who needs Vegas when you have Live! Casino? We are already planning our 5th wedding anniversary at Live! Event Center (Lol). If you are looking for high class treatment, people who understand you, professionalism and a family atmosphere, please give the Live! Casino Hotel staff a try, they will exceed your expectations and you will become family, just like us.

Live! Casino & Hotel 4
    Live! Casino & Hotel 5
    Live! Casino & Hotel 6
    Sent on 10/19/2018

Kristen · Married on 12/08/2018

Beautiful Venue and Very Flexible/Accommodating!

The Live! Casino Hotel was a beautiful place to get married! We live nearby in Anne Arundel County and it was so convenient for our guests because it was so local. Adam and I were their first wedding in their ballroom and it turned out amazing and so beautiful! It can feel a little on the pricey side, but I personally felt like the value was there. We got married on a Sunday during the day, so it was also a little quieter. But it was nice, because many guests from out of town came in on Saturday and got to enjoy the casino and restaurants in the area.

The venue feels very high end, the food was amazing, and the hotel suites were also so nice! We got so many compliments on how amazing the wedding was from our guests! We had to plan everything in a 4-month time frame, which was easy to do with Live, because they know what they're doing and whatever you need, they'll make it work!

Janelle is the coordinator there, and she is just heaven-sent!!! We definitely wouldn't have been able to do it without all her hard work! We even had a little snafu due to a miscommunication with the design company the day before the wedding, and Janelle just handled it and handled everything so we didn't have to worry about anything the day of. And it all turned out flawless!

If you're looking for a high-end venue, especially one a little more local, I definitely recommend the Live! Casino Venue. They're so accommodating and flexible, and the ballroom is HUGE. They can accommodate weddings of any size. They also have a spa onsite, which my whole bridal party used to get ready and they are just wonderful as well. We even arranged our rehearsal brunch at one of the restaurants in the hotel lobby - David's - which we were able to do through the hotel venue as well.

So, if you are looking for a venue that's more all-inclusive, again, Live! is the place to go. We really only needed a florist/designer, photographer, DJ and officiant at the end of the day. I recommend getting a design company to help with decorations if you can, because the ballroom is very large, with very tall ceilings. But the space is beautiful enough that you don't necessarily need to (maybe you can do a nice DIY if you have more than 4 months to prepare, unlike us :P )

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Lynn

Laura Edwards · Married on 05/26/2019

4.2
      3.0

Great Venue with fun atmosphere

Our wedding was everything we hoped for. Live Casino/Hotel was a convenient location as we had several guests from out of town. There is only one staff person that handles the details for weddings, so the response time could be long in several instances. Also appeared to some miscommunication between sales and front desk for details covered in our contract. But in the end, everything happened as promised and things ran very smoothly. Our guests had an amazing time and loved the venue as well as the shopping/dining options near the hotel. The hotel is fairly new, so I'm sure communication will continue to improve as they move forward.

Sent on 07/14/2019