Lisa Boggs Photography Reviews

Lisa Boggs Photography 6
Lisa Boggs Photography 7

Kathryn · Married on 08/24/2019

Best photographer EVER

I am sooo happy we selected Lisa as our wedding photographer. She made the whole process so easy— meeting with us right in the beginning to talk about our vision and being available for questions throughout our engagement. She helped with so many details that weren’t even photo related. She was such a huge help.
    Then of course the photos were a dream!!! I get compliments every day on how beautiful both our engagement and wedding photos turned out. I cannot thank Lisa or recommend her enough!!

Sent on 09/02/2019
    Lisa Boggs Photography 8
    Lisa Boggs Photography 9
    Lisa Boggs Photography 10
  • Tim

Tim Sievers · Married on 08/24/2019

Lisa Boggs Photography is THE BEST!

I am so happy my wife & I chose to work with Lisa. From our engagement photos, our engagement party, our rehearsal & our wedding Lisa was absolutely AMAZING! She made us feel incredibly comfortable every step of the way. Working with Lisa was like working with one of our best friends & we couldn't be more pleased with how every photo turned out! I couldn't recommend Lisa Boggs Photography enough!

Sent on 09/02/2019
    Lisa Boggs Photography 11
    Lisa Boggs Photography 12
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2019

Cannot recommend Lisa enough!

We are so pleased, and continue to be so pleased, that Lisa was our wedding photographer! Starting with our engagement photos, Lisa was always willing to work with us, get to know us as a couple and individually, and scope the perfect photo locations! On the day of our wedding, Lisa and Cicely worked seamlessly with our fairly large group (16 of us!), dealing with location changes, many portraits (while also capturing so many candids that we love), and embracing the crazy wind - taking some of favorite moments and capturing the joy of the day. We truly felt like Lisa and Cicely were celebrating with us. And, of course, we are so pleased with the finished product - the photos!

Sent on 09/18/2019
    Lisa Boggs Photography 13
    Lisa Boggs Photography 14
    Lisa Boggs Photography 15
    Lisa Boggs Photography 16
  • Arielle

Arielle Livengood · Married on 09/29/2018

Hiring Lisa Boggs was the best decision we made during our wedding planning.

Hiring Lisa Boggs was the best decision we made during our wedding planning.

We had an incredible experience working with Lisa. She was professional and personable and took the time to understand our unique wedding challenges and became a force of calm throughout the whole process. Lisa took the time to meet with us to really understand our vision.

For our engagement photos, we thought it would be fun to take some extreme weather photographs since it was something we had in common with Lisa. A snowstorm on the National Mall was our ideal situation and Lisa made it happen. This idea presented some challenges as we didn’t know when exactly the next snow would be. When it started to snow one day, we called Lisa to see if she was available, and she dropped everything to drive into DC for our shoot. Lisa spent the entire afternoon with us around the monuments capturing all of the great moments in the snow storm WITH OUR TWO PUPS! It was such a fun experience and we were thrilled that Lisa was able to help us make it all happen in the snow.

During our wedding, Lisa helped in so many ways. Her patience and kindness made the day-of much less stressful, even when the wedding party left us (yes, left the bride, groom, maid of honor and photographers) at the Jefferson Memorial during our pre-ceremony photos.

Lisa’s photos are beautiful, timeless, and captured the true emotion, character, and vibe of our special day. Our wedding album is gorgeous - it’s everything we hoped for and more. We have received so many compliments and strongly recommend her to anyone wanting exquisite photographs for engagements, weddings, or any special moment. Our special day was truly enriched by Lisa Boggs.

Sent on 02/22/2019

Allie · Married on 08/11/2018

Seriously Amazing

Lisa shot our engagement photos and wedding earlier this summer, and she was truly a dream to work with! Her upbeat personality immediately put us at ease, and her photos perfectly captured my husband and I as a couple. Lisa invests the time and energy into getting to know her couples, and she truly has a gift for capturing each relationship in a creative, unique way. She is an artist at heart, and we couldn't recommend her enough!

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 07/14/2018

Wedding Photographer

Lisa Boggs was our photographer for our wedding this past July! Prior to the wedding, Lisa is extremely responsive and met with us to discuss our vision for the day. The day of the wedding, Lisa is one of a kind! As soon as she walked in, she came with so much energy and immediately made the day exciting and special. Lisa went out of her way to take us to another location for bridal party shots and thank goodness she did! The pictures exceeded our expectations. Not only were the pictures perfect, Lisa's ability to navigate the many personalities and timeline of the day is incredible. Look no further, there is no better option for your wedding day!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Claudia · Married on 05/05/2018

Excellent Photographer!

It was great working with Lisa throughout the entire process! We met with her nearly a year before our wedding to discuss the various package options and her style and set a date for our engagement shoot. Lisa was extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Her experience and personality made choosing to work with Lisa an easy choice!

At our wedding, Lisa and her assistant were wonderful and captured every shot we could have wanted. Lisa also helped us to choose pictures for our albums and then formatted them beautifully! Overall it was a great experience working with Lisa :)

Sent on 01/15/2019

Emma · Married on 04/21/2018

Lisa Boggs photography was everything my husband I could have hoped for and more in a wedding photographer. She and her team captured all of the happiness and love of our special day just perfectly. Her unique style and charismatic personality made us feel at ease during all photo sessions. She magically captured all of the details of the day and it was truly a joy reliving the experience through her incredible photos. It was a pleasure working with her and I would recommend her highly to an

Sent on 07/09/2018

Michael · Married on 01/04/2018

Lisa Boggs is not your average photographer. In fact, she's as good as it gets. Not only is she one of the kindest and funniest people you will meet--which is paramount when you spend so much time entrusting someone with such important photos--her work is exemplary. I don't claim to be an expert in the field, but my wife and I were absolutely thrilled with Lisa's work. She handled both our engagement and wedding photos, and we couldn't be happier with her incredible eye and attention to detail. I simply cannot recommend her highly enough. Lisa rocks!

Sent on 01/04/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 04/08/2017

If you want everyone you know to constantly be telling you how amazing your wedding photos are, BOOK LISA BOGGS! Not only is Lisa the most talented photographer I could've ever imagined working with, but being around her is an absolute joy. Reminder: you are around your photographer every second of your wedding day, and having Lisa by my side was an absolute blast! There are many photographers in DC that are more expensive than Lisa, but I guarantee you won't find one more talented, caring and creative than her. Book her now if you want truly unique, beautiful and memorable photos!

Sent on 03/13/2018
    Lisa Boggs Photography 21
    Lisa Boggs Photography 22
    Lisa Boggs Photography 23

Ashley · Married on 12/31/2016

Lisa was amazing and easy to work with on our wedding weekend. She came to our rehearsal dinner and welcome reception, as well as the full wedding day. She was patient and positive the whole day while working with a large wedding party. I would highly recommend Lisa and her team to anyone looking for a top notch photographer!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Brian · Married on 10/15/2016

Lisa was an absolutely incredible choice. The best endorsement I can give is that we wouldn't rest until my little sister booked her for her wedding coming up later this year. Lisa was wonderful to work with from start to finish, and the photos we got were incredible. Worth every penny!

Sent on 04/14/2017

Emily · Married on 07/02/2016

We used Lisa for both our engagement photos and for our wedding in July of 2016. Getting professional pictures done was new to my husband and I and Lisa made it an exceptional experience. Being comfortable with your photographer was very important to us and this came naturally with Lisa. On the day of your wedding you spend a majority of your day with your photographer so it is essential that you get along. With Lisa, it felt like we had a good friend with us the entire time. Lisa was more than just our photographer and she stepped above the call of duty, helping me fix my make-up and take out my veil. Throughout our many shots together, Lisa was creative and always one step ahead, which made for beautiful photographs in the end. Our family recommends Lisa Boggs Photography and we look forward to working with her again for my sister's wedding this July.

Sent on 03/04/2018

Laura · Married on 06/19/2016

Working with Lisa was a fantastic experience. She took exquisite engagement and wedding photos that my husband and I will cherish forever. Plus, from a planning perspective, Lisa was organized, responsive and flexible (every bride's dream). Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 03/13/2018

Ramona · Married on 06/18/2016

Lisa was absolutely fantastic. She photographed my small wedding in Alexandria, VA. She met with us before the wedding to get a sense of our style and what types of photos we wanted. She was friendly, enthusiastic, and flexible. On the wedding day, she took a ton of pictures, so we got to see some things we missed on the actual day. She gave us an electronic copy of the photos on a usb drive and that has been a great benefit. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 08/19/2017

Sarah · Married on 06/04/2016

Lisa came highly recommended to us the second we got engaged and I’m so glad she was. It was the easiest decision we made in the wedding planning process. Lisa brings creativity and professionalism to every shoot but more importantly she’s a joy to be around. I was nervous about being in front of the camera and wanted to treat our engagement session as a practice round. We had unique request for the location and Lisa was all in. We had an amazing day and the photos are incredible, Washingtonian Bride and Groom blog incredible. The wedding photos were even better. We didn’t stop there, when our daughter was born last spring Lisa did our first family photos. I joke that she’s stuck with us and we have a photographer for life.

Sent on 03/07/2018

Debra · Married on 04/16/2016

Lisa was great to work with. Super responsive and easy to work with. Her photos are beautiful and she is willing to do whatever it takes to get the "shot." She climbed up on a rooftop at our venue to get a great shot. She was able to capture great spontaneous moments as well as portraits.

Sent on 01/10/2017
  • F

Frank · Married on 10/10/2015

Lisa was wonderful to work with for our engagement and wedding photos. She's a fantastic photographer and one of the first that could relate to me with backyard bird feeding..haha! We picked Lisa because of her personality, experience, portfolio and the style she captures pictures, it had a very natural feel to them with very little editing. On our wedding day, she captured so many special moments. Lisa is truly dedicated to her work and will go out of her way to make you happy. I strongly recommend Lisa!!

Sent on 01/15/2016

Of all the wedding decisions we’d have to make during the planning process, my wife made it clear that photography was the one she felt most strongly about. For some reason, she has been following various wedding photographer blogs for years (read, we were picky). After meeting with a handful of photographers, reading 100’s of reviews and viewing and comparing countless pictures, we found Lisa. Finally!

And we couldn’t be happier that we did, for so many reasons. It was her awesome photos and high quality of work that caught our eye, but we soon found out that she was also super fun to work with, funny, patient, flexible with random photo related requests, creative, prepared, and just made us feel comfortable (which is important since we’re not used to PDAing in front of the camera). She’s the kind of dedicated that will climb a ladder or lie down on the ground in the rain to get a good shot. Also, my wife and I are two fairly detail oriented women with lots of questions, but Lisa was great at going with the flow, being extremely responsive, and never making us feel like we were being high maintenance. Even our guests told us that they loved our photographer’s personality.

We’re now left with 1,000’s of amazing pictures that we LOVE flipping through. She captured all of our favorite memories and did so brilliantly. We’d highly recommend Lisa to anyone looking for a fantastic wedding photographer!

Sent on 01/31/2016

Lisa is absolutely amazing to work with! We had her do our engagement portraits and were so happy with them we knew we had to have her shoot our wedding too. She knows how to make you feel comfortable even if getting your picture taken isn't really your thing. Her suggestions for poses and locations also ended up being some of the best shots in the whole series. You'd be hard pressed to find a more charming, fun, and talented photographer.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Saleena · Married on 07/18/2015

This review is woefully late but very necessary! We hired Lisa Boggs to do our engagement pictures a few months ago. I am getting married in Atlanta, but my fiance and I really wanted our engagement pictures to be in DC (where we met). My wedding planner recommended Lisa and I am so glad she did. Lisa was AMAZING! She was so sweet and made the entire experience fun! During the whole shoot she helped us with posing and picking great picture spots. She also did some extremely cool things with lighting that I haven't seen from other photographers. Not to mention she also helped me pick out my outfits and is very fun to work with! Overall, we are VERY happy with our pictures. I wish I could give her more than 5 stars.

Saleena & Omar

Sent on 01/27/2015

Jeff and Simona · Married on 06/20/2015

We were really delighted with Lisa's work, professionalism, and personality. She was referred to us by friends who also had an excellent experience with her.

Book Lisa soon because she doesn't sit long on the market for dates, particularly in the high season. She's not a discount option, but with wedding photographs, its smart to pay for quality.

A couple things stood out to us with Lisa. The quality of her photos is evident from her website. But that only tells you so much. Lisa did a marvelous job of putting us at ease in the run up to and especially during the day's ceremonies. She was easy to be in touch with, understood what we were looking for in terms of our photos, and executed to perfection. At the first look, ceremony, and reception, she helped us to stay relaxed and moved about doing her work with confidence, but while remaining discreet and keeping us on schedule.

The other thing that stands out is that she took the pictures we asked her to. We asked for lots of pictures with family, and she did just that. Every single person at the reception was photographed.

And her delivery process and portal for viewing and buying the pictures is easy and intuitive.

We referred Lisa without hesitation to some friends, who have already booked her for a wedding next May.

Sent on 12/12/2015

I am so happy that I had Lisa Boggs as our wedding photographer! I am sure like most brides, I had some preceding wedding jitters and Lisa put me right at ease from the very beginning. She was very friendly and sweet, and also put a lot of extra humor, laughter, and smiles into our wedding day. She felt like part of our family immediately. The wedding pictures came out beautifully and will be treasured by my husband and me for the rest of our lives. I couldn't imagine anyone else filling Lisa's place! She's the best!

Sent on 12/14/2015

R · Married on 03/14/2015

Photography was one of my top priorities for my wedding and I'm so glad I hired Lisa. We chose Lisa because 1. her photographs are just stunning- they look timeless and she manages to make everyone look good in pictures and 2. she is so friendly and easy to work with- it's like hiring a friend (a very very talented, friend!) to take your photos. I was really nervous when we took our engagement photos but she made us feel at ease and was able to give great tips and suggestions on how to pose without looking too staged or awkward.
    Bad weather leading up to and rain on our actual wedding day meant the location we originally wanted for our first look was not a good choice anymore. But Lisa was able to think outside of the box and found the most perfect spot on the fly (a random bank facade with an overhang near our venue). I really wanted to take pictures outside to take advantage of natural light and Lisa's creativity made it happen. When you look at our pictures you can't even tell it's raining! When we received our pictures I just cried because I don't think I've ever looked happier or prettier. Lisa is truly an artist and she has such a great eye for capturing special moments and creating photographs that look like works of art. Our wedding album looks amazing!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Julie · Married on 11/13/2014

What can be said about Lisa that hasn't already been said? Simply put, she's amazing. Hire her. Seriously, do it.

Lisa is brilliant. She's responsive, creative, patient, on time, gives great direction, and is extremely coordinated. Oh, and she's got a fabulous personality. Her experience in the business definitely shines through and you know you are working with a professional. She made me feel beautiful, comfortable, and, most importantly, myself on my wedding day. I wish I could give her more than 5 stars. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for the best in the business.

I just asked my husband to describe her in one word and he said, "fantastic." So, there you go. Hire Lisa.

Sent on 12/06/2014