Lion + Tiger Reviews

10 | Hoboken, NJ

10 Reviews for Lion + Tiger

10 Lion + Tiger Reviews

Matt · Married on 09/21/2018

Want to simplify your wedding planning, guarantee that your music will be amazing, and make sure all of your guests have fun? Book Lion + Tiger! Seriously - we could not speak more highly of this band. Our wedding was weeks ago and our guests are STILL talking about how incredible they were.

Lion + Tiger is an unbeatable value as everything you need is included: our ceremony music was beautiful, the cocktail hour music was excellent, and the reception was just plain awesome. They had every one of our guests out on the dance floor all night. They even learned a few of our family's favorite songs upon our request - and nailed every one of them!

Besides playing awesome music, they are also awesome people. Both Jess and Nick (band owners) were super professional, responsive, and accommodating throughout the whole process. This was by far the best decision we made for our wedding.

Do yourself a favor - stop looking at other bands, go see them live if need be, and then hire them - you won't be disappointed!

• Diana

Diana · Married on 09/08/2018

If you're looking for a modern wedding band that can keep your guests dancing all night long then you have to book Lion & Tiger! It was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

We knew we wanted a band instead of a DJ because we really felt it elevated the energy of the reception. We considered a few bands, but felt that they were all too traditional for our venue (we got married at a vineyard). We found Lion & Tiger online and really liked their style and song list. We had an introduction call with Jess and Nick, and clicked with them immediately. A huge benefit of Lion & Tiger is that they provide all of the wedding music - ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, plus they have their own sound person (something I learned later that not all bands have). They provide all this at a completely reasonable rate. After booking them we went to two of their performances and knew right away we made the right decision. They were so fun and talented!

Working with Jess and Nick on all the wedding lead up was very easy! They were highly organized. We decided on having acoustic guitar at our ceremony, a singer and keyboardist for cocktail hour and the full band at reception. We chose All of Me by John Legend for our processional, I walked down the aisle to A Thousand Years by Christina Perri and our Recessional was You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall & Oates. Another wonderfully accommodating thing the band did was to accompany my step-mother's solo on guitar. I really felt they went above and beyond doing that!

The band also learned and played our first song. We chose Perfect by Ed Sheeran and had taken dance lessons to choreograph the first half of the song. We were nervous about dancing to live music because we weren't sure the timing would be the same as the recorded version, but it was perfect! We got SO many compliments on the band from our friends & family. They had the dance floor PACKED! I can't recommend them any more highly! Book them!!

Lion + Tiger 1
    Lion + Tiger 2
    Lion + Tiger 3
    Lion + Tiger 4
    Lion + Tiger 5
    Lion + Tiger 6
    Lion + Tiger 7

Janelle · Married on 08/18/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Lion + Tiger. They made our wedding completely awesome and kept the dance floor full the entire night. It's been almost a month since our wedding and we are still hearing from guests who are raving about how terrific Lion + Tiger did at our wedding. One guest even told us -- "My daughter is getting married soon. If she doesn't have this band at her wedding, I am not going!". Now that's saying something!

Now, the details. When my husband and I first started talking about planning our wedding, he was dead set on having a band. I was hesitant, because when you think of a "wedding band", you typically think of extreme cheesiness -- and there are PLENTY of these kinds of bands out there. However, this is not Lion + Tiger -- they are totally like a super cool band you would see out at a bar, which was exactly what we were looking for. Zero cheesiness. 100% awesome.

From start to finish, both Nick & Jessica were wonderful to work with. They were incredibly responsive to our emails and questions and made us feel so comfortable with our choice. We went to see them a few times before our wedding and they were super welcoming and friendly. During our wedding day, Jessica played guitar for our cocktail hour and then we had the full band playing straight from dinner through our sparkler send off. They also were able to do introductions, set up for toasts, etc, so there was no need for an additional MC or DJ to be present. They did it all wonderfully.

I really hope my friends end up picking Lion + Tiger for their wedding as well so that we can experience that level of fun in the near future!!! Thank you so much Lion + Tiger for an amazingly memorable night! You rocked!

Scott · Married on 04/21/2018

What an amazing band and an even better group of people! Nick and Jess are so easy to work with and such nice people (our wedding planner agreed to). We were so happy with everything from the ceremony music to the cocktail hour to the reception. The band is super talented (they have 3 great singers!), played a great variety of music and really got our party going! We couldn't have asked for a better night, thanks everyone for being such a big part of it!

Anastassiya · Married on 09/17/2017

We discovered Lion and Tiger accidentally after perusing the internet for live bands to play at our wedding. We first heard their promo and were immediately impressed. We wanted to hear them out to see if their promo matched their live performances, as the acoustics may be different during an unrecorded version. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised that they sounded above and beyond any of their promo recordings they provide. We felt right there and then that this was the band that would make our magical night even more exciting and gives us the extra pop our friends would rave about for years to come.
    The band was extremely professional and organized when we met them at a cafe to discuss the itinerary and ceremonial music. The day of the wedding Lion + Tiger was not only punctual but they showed up before anybody else, rehearsing and preparing their instruments for the live performance. The band had a stellar gig and outperformed even our wildest expectations. They had the whole party jumping and on their feet at all times and I am so thankful I went with a group that could really keep the memento and beat going throughout the night. I don't think I've ever danced so much and so enthusiastically as I did when Lion + Tiger performed. They are a treasure for sure and the memories of them playing at our wedding will be talked about for a long time to come. I will definitely recommend this to anyone who wishes to have a tremendous group play at their special occasion.

James · Married on 08/26/2017

We were lucky enough to book Lion and Tiger for our wedding on August 26th, 2017 and we couldn't of been happier with the outcome. The band is young, vibrant, professional, and punctual. Working with the band was seamless and stress free. Furthermore, they sound exactly like the record and even their sound check was pretty fun to watch. They had the dance floor rockin' all night and i highly recommend for your wedding/party/event if you want a ton of fun and a jammed dance floor.

Rachel · Married on 07/03/2017

Wonderful experience working with the Lion & Tiger team on all levels. Before the event, during and after - they were highly professional, extremely pleasant to work with and most important -- they sound amazing!! Look forward to the next one!!

Julia · Married on 06/03/2017

We caught Lion + Tiger performing in a local bar and new they were perfect for our wedding! My husband and I were hesitant in choosing a "wedding" band as we wanted a legitimate, versatile band without the wedding "cheese" if you know what I mean? The fact is, they put on a versatile, rockin' show at the bar, so we knew they would rock the pants off our guests at our reception.

They were incredibly responsive with questions and very flexible with our planning, understanding that this process can be very fluid. Additionally, at our request, they were able to add a horn section at a reasonable price. They took our song request list and were able to synthesize it with other songs they typically do (danceable favorites). It was a wonderful mix of specific songs we had requested, along with typical pop songs that everyone loves to shake their a** to; this was everything from swing, pop hits, alternative hits and classic rock. One of our guests danced so hard he broke his shoe!!

Result? Our guests danced their a**es off! People went on for days about how incredibly awesome our band was!

They are a one stop shop in that they can provide music for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and MOST importantly, they travel with a live Sound Mixer. The volume was perfect and everyone sounded amazing. He did an AWESOME job!

Lastly, every single band member was an absolute pleasure to work with.

SO. Obviously, I would recommend the group. If you want an epic dance party, Lion + Tiger are for you!

Bridget · Married on 03/31/2017

Jessica Rose played at my cocktail hour this past weekend (3/31/17). She was absolutely amazing!! My guests were immediately asking for her card and didn't want her to stop playing! Her romantic song choice and beautiful voice was a perfect match for our wedding and venue. Jessica was great to work with and is such a doll. We would have booked the whole band had we not already booked a DJ. I HIGHLY recommend Jessica and know I will be seeing her again at my friends weddings! Thank you for making our wedding so special!!