Linwoods Reviews

Linwoods 6
Linwoods 7
  • Blaire

Blaire · Married on 09/14/2019

Linwoods went above and beyond!

Sherri and the team from Linwoods went above and beyond for our September wedding. Everything was perfect! They were so accommodating and attentive. They worked around my husbands picky taste and knocked it out of the park! Everyone at our wedding was raving about the amazing food!

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Michele

michele pierson · Married on 08/31/2019

Best decision ever.

I feel like saying Linwoods was the perfect caterer would be a complete injustice to their food, cocktails and service. Linwoods went above and beyond for my recent August wedding.

The food. The food was not only delicious, but beautifully presented, and best of all, it was steaming hot when presented to our guests. During cocktail hour, our guests raved about every hors d'oeuvre that was kindly passed their way, and last, but not least, the desserts. My now husband is a huge ice cream fan. Our guests were surprised with an ice cream sundae bar, and I am still dreaming about our wedding cake.

The cocktails. We served dirty martinis and aperol spritz to our guests as our specialty cocktails. They were a HIT and the bartenders served them perfectly. The wines were superb and Linwoods was able to source the beers we requested.

The service. Sherri is amazing! Not only as a director, but as a person. It was my true pleasure to be able to work with her and her team. They are professional, friendly and extremely efficient. They are flawless. By the end of my experience with the Linwoods team, they felt more like family and friends than a vendor.

Look no further than Linwoods. I promise you - they will not disappoint. They will be the best decision you made since you said "Yes!" to marrying your future spouse.

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Allison

Allison Levin · Married on 08/24/2019

Sherri is AMAZING!

If you don't use Linwoods for your wedding you shouldn't bother getting married! Sherri and her team are UNBELIEVABLE. From start to finish the wedding was amazing. I am still hearing from people about how amazing the event was from the food to the service. This team is professional, kind and if I could give them Michelin star's for wedding food I would. What you get at your tasting is what you will receive at your wedding, but maybe better! We couldn't of asked for a better wedding day and it was Linwood's staff and food that made it all the more special!

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 07/06/2019

The best!

Working with Linwoods was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding at the Mt. Washington Mill Dye House. Rachel, the Executive Assistant at Linwoods, was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. She was accommodating, helpful, enthusiastic, and made sure everything was perfect on the day of the wedding. The food was INCREDIBLE. Seriously, as I am writing this I'm dreaming about all the delicious things we had and wishing I could eat some of it again! In addition to the food, the wait staff were amazing as well. They were attentive and thorough. Our friends and family are still talking about the quality and taste of the food at our wedding. I'm SO happy we decided to go with Linwoods for our wedding, and I can't wait to grab dinner at the restaurant very soon!

Sent on 08/04/2019
    Linwoods 8
    Linwoods 9
    Linwoods 10
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 06/15/2019

There is no better option.

We were completely blown away by Linwood's. From start to finish- they were an absolute dream to work with. Rachel was always so responsive and eager to answer ALL of my questions- which were plentiful! Friends and family are still raving about Linwood's almost two months later.. some have said it is the best food they have ever had- wedding or not! Not only are our guests still talking about the food but also the service. My husband and I felt like a king and queen! They were so attentive to our needs from the moment we arrived on site at the venue and all of our guests seemed to feel the same way. I could honestly go on for a very long time about everything they did to make our wedding day absolute magic but I think it is clear- they are THE best. I can't imagine working with anyone else! Thank you Rachel & all of Linwood's!

Sent on 08/07/2019
    Linwoods 16
    Linwoods 17

Teresa Gavin · Married on 05/18/2019

Linwoods is the bomb!

You just can't top Linwoods for quality of food, and service. On day of wedding, weather was great, so they suggested to move cocktail hour outside. Food was amazing, Service was top-notch. Everyone was commenting how great they were. We wanted milkshake bar, and Linwoods said no problem. We had wedding of 100 guests at DyeHouse, with NO wedding planner, and Linwoods handled all that for us without blinking an eye. We dropped off all the favors, cake topper, guest book, etc. on day before the wedding and everything was set up for us. As MOB, I had a blast at the wedding because I was free to enjoy it. Linwoods took care of everything! Would use them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Trina · Married on 04/20/2019

Impeccable

Our wedding was on April 20, 2019. Linwood's Catering went above and beyond what was expected and what was needed. Rachel was a life saver-every email, text or phone call was answered quickly with kindness and understanding. She and her staff set up and served an event that was rock star worthy. They were kind and efficient and made every single guest feel at home and important. No request went unfulfilled. The food was of the highest quality. There was so many delicious items that we were able to serve to our guests with Rachel's guidance and care. There are no words for the gratitude that I have for Rachel and her staff-they made our day so wonderful and I can not thank them enough.

Sent on 05/18/2019
    Linwoods 18
  • Marilyn

Marilyn · Married on 02/17/2019

First Class Experience

We couldn't say better things about our experience from start to finish with everyone and everything Linwoods provided for our February wedding. Sherri made sure that we were taken care of during every aspect of the planning as well as every moment of our big night. The staff during the night of the wedding were so pleasant and respectful of all our guests. They made sure to treat our parents specifically with extra special care. This truly meant the world to us as it was such a special night for them as well. The food was incredible! It was the most complimented thing at our wedding. The starters to the dessert, we couldn't have been more delighted. Linwoods provided a first class experience that made our wedding everything we hoped for and more. Not only will we recommend them to anyone and everyone, but we will certainly make a point to visit the restaurant again.

Sent on 07/28/2019

Caroline · Married on 12/22/2018

Impeccable

Linwoods has a wonderful and longstanding reputation in Baltimore thanks to their restaurant in Pikesville. Of course their catering service is different, but because we knew that Linwoods has a name that people know and a reputation to uphold, we were sure that their catering would not disappoint, and we were so right! From start to finish, our experience was incredible. We cannot say enough good things about the food, the staff, and especially Rachel! She was the ultimate professional, so very organized, flexible, creative, understanding, and enthusiastic! Rachel knew that this was the most important day of our lives and she treated it as such. We were impressed with the fact that Linwoods brought us in to the restaurant to taste their food before asking us to commit to them. They know that their food and service speaks for itself, and they gave us the opportunity to see and taste that so that we could feel confident going into a working relationship with them. We were choosing between Linwoods and another caterer who said we wouldn't have the opportunity to taste their food until our official tasting- no thank you! The other caterer boasted beautiful table scapes, but we cared more about the service and the taste of the food than instagram-worthy charcuterie spreads. Linwoods has their priorities in order and will not disappoint you from start to finish. We didn't have a wedding planner or coordinator, but Rachel filled these gaps in a lot of ways, and was our go-to for most every question. She helped us with our timeline for the entire night and made us feel so confident that our event would be a huge success. The day of our wedding, Rachel and her staff executed a perfect evening and we can't say enough good things about Linwoods! We are so grateful to the family friends who used Linwoods before us and told us about their amazing experiences with Linwoods! We are writing this review in hopes that other people will realize that Linwoods is the way to go, too!

Sent on 02/10/2019

Risa · Married on 11/17/2018

Linwood's is the best

Linwood's is truly the best. Consistently delicious food and excellent service. The best!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Allison · Married on 09/29/2018

Above and beyond!

Linwoods went above and beyond for our wedding! Sherri was amazing to work with-- understanding, professional, and dedicated. She answered all of our questions and worked well with all of our vendors. She was quick on her feet and discreetly solved all the hiccups that occurred. Above all, Sherri was kind and kept the bride, groom, and guests happy. The food was phenomenal; all our guests are still raving about it! We were able to customize our menu and create unique fall-themed dishes (including soup with our salads). We couldn't have picked a better catering company for our big day!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Jillian · Married on 06/29/2018

Linwoods is perfection.

It's hard to know where to begin to express the impact that Linwoods had on our wedding day. Every aspect of our wedding was perfect-largely thanks to Linwoods' attention to every detail!
    Initially, we evaluated two possibilities for our caterer. Through that process Linwoods was clearly the absolute best choice for us. We were invited to enjoy dinner at their amazing restaurant, where we met Sherri, the Catering Director. My husband and I were welcomed by the hospitality of the Linwoods' staff, enjoyed an outstanding dinner, and were able to talk through the many possibilities for our wedding day. We were also fortunate to have the opportunity to attend Linwoods' Open House at the Dye House, our wedding venue. It was so helpful to see the venue and the Linwoods' team in action as we were beginning the planning of our wedding.
    Linwoods was instrumental in helping me enjoy the process of planning our wedding. I am very detail oriented and had a very specific vision for what I wanted for the day. Linwoods proved to be much more than a caterer. Sherri was our "go-to" person for every detail of the actual event. She offered her expertise in many areas, and was so accessible as we worked through each piece. For instance, she set-up and attended the appointment to choose the linens, which was so helpful. Not only was she able to answer any questions about the physical set-up, but that day also gave me such a clear vision of how the venue would come together. As the time got closer, we returned to the restaurant for our tasting. With our parents, we again enjoyed delicious food, attentive, friendly service, and an assortment of choices that were perfect.
    Our wedding day went exactly as we had hoped. The Dye House looked just as I had imagined, the flow of the day went smoothly, the food was amazing, and the service was incredible! Our wedding guests were blown away at the quality of the food and the stellar service. Both were the best anyone has ever experienced at a wedding. Of course, the catering is usually the largest piece of a wedding budget. Linwoods was truly worth every penny. Their team had such a huge impact on the perfection of our day!
    Without a doubt, Linwoods' biggest asset is their team of people. Every person we encountered was friendly, professional, and went above and beyond to make our day special. I cannot speak more highly of Sherri. Her knowledge, style, and accessibility were instrumental in how our day came together. On the day of, she was in total control of every detail-so much more than a caterer. As I think back on the whole process, I can't imagine how we would have pulled it off without her!
    We are so happy to be able to continue to experience Linwoods perfection in years to come! Since our wedding, we have already celebrated another special event at the restaurant.

Sent on 01/20/2019

Heather · Married on 05/27/2018

We just had our wedding at the Gramercy Carriage House and Linwoods saved the day. We were due to have our ceremony and seating outside but there was a torrential rainstorm and they problem solved the set up and it worked out even better than we ever planned. I cannot say enough good things about the overall experience. In particular, we LOVED Sherri Levine who surpassed any of our expectations (and we had some high expectations). The food was outstanding as was the service. We would give them 10 stars if we could.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Leah · Married on 04/21/2018

Royalty for a day. Linwood's only creates five star food. They handled everything for us - linens, food, bar, setup and take-down. The waitstaff were incredibly discreet, but the food spoke volumes!! Everybody left with full bellies and the restaurant's name jotted down! Special thanks to the management for ensuring the menu was a hit, and looking out for our friends and family's comfort ensuring a special day for all.

Sent on 06/06/2018
  • Pilar

Pilar · Married on 12/16/2017

My husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience with Sherri and Linwoods. From the very first tasting, everything has been above and beyond - from the service, to the quality of food, we couldn't be more impressed and grateful. Sherri is one of the kindest people I have ever met and made the entire planning experience stress-free. She had wonderful suggestions and provided guidance when I needed it. The food was outstanding - all of our guests are still raving about it! I would highly recommend using Linwoods for any event - truly fabulous!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Emily · Married on 09/16/2017

The Linwoods team had no other competition when it came to quality and service. They were extremely helpful and organized and I trusted them 100% with my day. The day of they were committed to the timeline and kept all the other vendors in order. Everyone raved about the food and the cake! I will definitely be using Linwoods for future events

Sent on 10/08/2017
    Linwoods 19

Andy · Married on 08/26/2017

Linwoods delivered Top Notch Service and Outstanding Food for our daughter's wedding this past weekend! All wait staff and bartenders were so kind, courteous, and professional. The chef was spectacular! With over 100 guests, the meals were prepared and served perfectly. Flavors were amazing... from the cocktail hour hors d' oeuvres to the main course! The catering manager kept everything moving and perfectly on time. We have heard nothing but rave reviews from our guests, many saying it was the best reception they have ever attended! Thank you Linwoods for making this even of a lifetime so special and unforgettable!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Caitlin · Married on 07/29/2017

Sherri and Linwood's were an absolute joy to work with. They were the first tasting we did and they set such a high bar that our other tastings just couldn't live up to. From being flexible with our menu choices to being incredibly accommodating for our guests with special dietary needs there was nothing we asked them they didn't deliver on. Sherri even went with us to help us pick out our table linens! I can't tell you how many compliments we have gotten on our food from our guests. They even asked us how many of our guests were under 21, pregnant, or otherwise did not drink and they didn't charge us for those guests when we added our bar package.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Dawn · Married on 07/01/2017

Linwoods is fantastic, without question. The food is top notch and the service is outstanding. What a wonderful experience we had with them. My dad is a huge fan of the restaurant, which is why we looked there in the first place. From the first meeting with the catering manager, the tasting, working with them on linens, etc, everything was great. We did have a change in who we were working with during the last week through unforeseen circumstances, but even that worked out without issue. Linwoods is committed to quality and to giving the couple the day they envision. I would highly recommend them - you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Diana · Married on 04/08/2017

Linwoods did an amazing job catering my wedding at the Baltimore Museum of Art! All of the guests raved about the hors d'oeuvres and really enjoyed all of the food stations. The wedding cake was delicious and turned out more beautiful than I had imagined. Sherri did a fantastic job and made sure everything went perfectly. I am beyond pleased with my experience using Linwoods!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Lisa · Married on 04/07/2017

Honestly I can't rave about Linwoods and Tali enough. First off the food is absolutely amazing! I've gone to many weddings and the food is not always the best, but what you get at your tasting is what you get at your wedding and your guests will be drooling over it well after the wedding! Tali is so amazing and will make sure things go so super smoothly on your day! Her staff run things like clockwork and you will have no worries on your day! They were super accommodating to my husband and I after I had a huge medical incident right before the wedding and worked so well with us on it. They even helped my parents pack up the car with the presents! During the day of the weather was iffy and Tali was flexible with changing having the cocktail hour be inside and things went without a hitch. She made sure there was food and drinks for my husband and I right after the ceremony so we could have a few moments alone together and that there were someone catering to our needs throughout the day. They were so awesome that they even made our cake dreams come true by having it be beauty and the beast/batman themed just like our wedding and it couldn't have been more perfect, and they even gave us the cake as a wedding present to us too, which was incredibly amazing since we were on such a tight budget. Linwoods is worth every penny, the food is so delicious, they are extremely professional, and they make sure everything is perfect. They even folded the napkins into roses when they saw my theme with beauty and the beast, which was a complete surprise to me but so perfect. I highly recommend them and I thank them so much for all they did!!! Oh and they even pack up the leftovers to send home with you, and believe me, you will be sooooo grateful for that!! After a wedding you won't want to cook and will want to relive that food over and over again :)

Sent on 04/27/2017

amy · Married on 03/04/2017

The only advice I can give you is to BOOK THIS CATERER! Linwoods, and its representative Sheri Levin, was absolutely amazing. First, the food is not like any wedding food you've ever been served. The quality, quantity, and presentation--unbeatable. The waitstaff so professional and caring. The attention to every detail and the flexibility of every person involved-- outstanding. Just a little example: one guest was gluten-free. He realized the meat had been slightly dredged in flour -- before the guest knew it the chef had grilled him a delicious steak and had it to the table. There was no request too big or too small. As the mother of the bride, my server asked me what I was drinking, and every time I came back to my seat there was a fresh glass waiting for me. My guests raved about the food -- one guest called me the next day to ask the name of the restaurant (Linwoods has a brick and mortar restaurant) because he wanted to take his wife for their anniversary. His words, "It wasn't the best wedding food I've ever had; it was the best food I've ever had."
    Last but certainly not least, Sheri Levin was amazing to work with. She was calm, supportive, professional, informative -- and she cared, really cared, that our event would be everything we hoped for. What a gem. We were careful with our budget, and Sheri helped up find ways to have the best food and honor it. For example, we provided our own alcohol, a great savings. Sheri told us exactly how much and what to get. In the end, we spent a little more than we thought when we started but every penny was worth it ten times over.

Sent on 03/25/2017

Emily · Married on 11/19/2016

We loved Linwoods. The staff were so professional, calm and detailed. It was better to call Sherri instead of email and it was all pretty easy to decide on the foods. The tastings were absolutely stunning and on the day the food tasted pretty much exactly like the tastings! We highly recommend Linwoods!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Rachel · Married on 10/01/2016

Seriously I can't say enough good things about Linwoods - the food is perfect, the service is impeccable, and the staff were all kind, fun, and extremely professional. We worked with Sherri and she not only helped us choose an out of this world menu, but she went above and beyond by helping to schedule and plan out the evening. The food at Linwoods is just superior and my husband and I enjoyed picking unique, delicious courses to share with our guests. The staff serving the dinner at our reception were all attentive and extremely kind. My husband and I were especially impressed by June - she was extremely sweet and checked on us continuously throughout the night and brought us drinks, snacks, and water when we needed it. We love Linwoods and look forward to returning to the restaurant for anniversaries and special occasions in the future!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Johanna · Married on 09/30/2016

Linwoods was our caterer for our wedding at the Baltimore Museum of Art and they were just amazing. Sherri was very quick and helpful with any and all questions and concerns we had. The staff was very professional and the food was AMAZING!!!

Sent on 10/14/2016