Linwoods Reviews

105 | Owings Mills, MD

105 Reviews for Linwoods

Carinne Deeds · Getting married on 05/09/2021

Sherri is exceptional, great to work with

Not only was our food delicious and the staff professional, the entire experience with Linwoods (Sherri in particular) was fantastic. Sherri went above and beyond to ensure we got what we wanted, and even connected us to a great wedding planner (Heather St. Clair). Most importantly, when wedding day came around, we had zero concerns because we knew we were in good hands. Worth every penny!

Sent on 12/11/2019
  • Dianna

Dianna · Getting married on 11/21/2020

PERFECT! Linwoods Catering is phenomenal. Tali is very talented and organized as a banquet director. She made sure that every detail was perfect. Dinner service was fast, the food was delicious, the bartenders were efficient, the cake was incredible. I cannot say enough good things about this experience. It was a pleasure to work with such a talented team. The head chef Saon is beyond talented and the entire staff were professional, personable, and provided exceptional service and food. Thank you all for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 10/21/2013
  • Skylar

Skylar Jump · Married on 05/09/2020

Perfection

If you want incredible food, amazing service, and your guests to say ‘wow’ to your appetizers, meals, and desserts, you need to go with Linwoods. Working with Rachel was so fun and easy, and she made so many requests possible. 100% recommend!!!!

Sent on 09/16/2020

Caitlin · Married on 12/31/2019

Food People Will Actually Remember

Linwoods went above and beyond to make my wedding amazing. We debated between them and the only other caterer and they wowed us at dinner and then a proper tasting. The food was phenomenal, and as the bride, you don't eat much, but I made sure to get lots of apps and dinner!

Sherri answered all of my endless questions and concerns, she addressed the issues with guests who were pregnant and had dietary restrictions with ease, and the wedding went off without a hitch. Suzanne, the night-of POC, was introduced to me before the ceremony and she made sure everything went smoothly. I had guests tell me afterward how punctual and effective she was as a caterer, and that made me very happy to hear!

Sherri appointed me a woman named Shawn (sp?) who attended to me and my husband the entire night. She kept my entire family and bridal party fed throughout the cocktail hour and before the ceremony with endless apps, which were MUCH appreciated! Sherri even popped champagne with us before everyone arrived.

Linwoods, while pricey, was worth every penny and I can't thank them enough for delivering what was a wonderful meal that people will remember!

Sent on 01/16/2020
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/26/2019

Best wedding food EVER

We worked with Sherri to cater our wedding on 10/26/19 and the entire process was amazing from beginning to end. First of all, the way they conduct tastings is incredible. We were invited to the restaurant for an initial tasting simply to determine whether we wanted to hire them (we were invited to order anything on their dinner menu to try), and then as we got closer to the wedding we came back for the official tasting to determine our menu. This was a breath of fresh air in contrast to multiple other caterers we spoke with who required us to book and then wait to do a tasting months later.

We immediately felt at ease with Sherri's confident and knowledgeable guidance. She gave wonderful advice and was so open to any of our requests, including adding a special apple cider bar in a side room at our venue. She made us feel like there was no such thing as impossible, and the answer to any request was always "yes." Any time we had a question, Sherri was there to answer within moments the whole way through.

Our guests were blown away by the food on the day of the wedding. We got SO many compliments and comments that it was the best wedding food people had ever had. The food was truly exactly as it was served to us in their restaurant on the day of the tasting. The steak was done perfectly medium rare, the food was hot, and everything was just wonderful. Sherri frequently checked in with us throughout the day and the staff made sure that my husband and I had everything we needed, from appetizers while we were running around during cocktail hour to refreshing our drinks. We felt so taken care of the entire day, and so did our guests. We cannot recommend Linwoods highly enough!

Sent on 11/26/2019
  • Blaire

Blaire · Married on 09/14/2019

Linwoods went above and beyond!

Sherri and the team from Linwoods went above and beyond for our September wedding. Everything was perfect! They were so accommodating and attentive. They worked around my husbands picky taste and knocked it out of the park! Everyone at our wedding was raving about the amazing food!

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Michele

michele pierson · Married on 08/31/2019

Best decision ever.

I feel like saying Linwoods was the perfect caterer would be a complete injustice to their food, cocktails and service. Linwoods went above and beyond for my recent August wedding.

The food. The food was not only delicious, but beautifully presented, and best of all, it was steaming hot when presented to our guests. During cocktail hour, our guests raved about every hors d'oeuvre that was kindly passed their way, and last, but not least, the desserts. My now husband is a huge ice cream fan. Our guests were surprised with an ice cream sundae bar, and I am still dreaming about our wedding cake.

The cocktails. We served dirty martinis and aperol spritz to our guests as our specialty cocktails. They were a HIT and the bartenders served them perfectly. The wines were superb and Linwoods was able to source the beers we requested.

The service. Sherri is amazing! Not only as a director, but as a person. It was my true pleasure to be able to work with her and her team. They are professional, friendly and extremely efficient. They are flawless. By the end of my experience with the Linwoods team, they felt more like family and friends than a vendor.

Look no further than Linwoods. I promise you - they will not disappoint. They will be the best decision you made since you said "Yes!" to marrying your future spouse.

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Allison

Allison Levin · Married on 08/24/2019

Sherri is AMAZING!

If you don't use Linwoods for your wedding you shouldn't bother getting married! Sherri and her team are UNBELIEVABLE. From start to finish the wedding was amazing. I am still hearing from people about how amazing the event was from the food to the service. This team is professional, kind and if I could give them Michelin star's for wedding food I would. What you get at your tasting is what you will receive at your wedding, but maybe better! We couldn't of asked for a better wedding day and it was Linwood's staff and food that made it all the more special!

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 07/06/2019

The best!

Working with Linwoods was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding at the Mt. Washington Mill Dye House. Rachel, the Executive Assistant at Linwoods, was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. She was accommodating, helpful, enthusiastic, and made sure everything was perfect on the day of the wedding. The food was INCREDIBLE. Seriously, as I am writing this I'm dreaming about all the delicious things we had and wishing I could eat some of it again! In addition to the food, the wait staff were amazing as well. They were attentive and thorough. Our friends and family are still talking about the quality and taste of the food at our wedding. I'm SO happy we decided to go with Linwoods for our wedding, and I can't wait to grab dinner at the restaurant very soon!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 06/15/2019

There is no better option.

We were completely blown away by Linwood's. From start to finish- they were an absolute dream to work with. Rachel was always so responsive and eager to answer ALL of my questions- which were plentiful! Friends and family are still raving about Linwood's almost two months later.. some have said it is the best food they have ever had- wedding or not! Not only are our guests still talking about the food but also the service. My husband and I felt like a king and queen! They were so attentive to our needs from the moment we arrived on site at the venue and all of our guests seemed to feel the same way. I could honestly go on for a very long time about everything they did to make our wedding day absolute magic but I think it is clear- they are THE best. I can't imagine working with anyone else! Thank you Rachel & all of Linwood's!

Sent on 08/07/2019

Teresa Gavin · Married on 05/18/2019

Linwoods is the bomb!

You just can't top Linwoods for quality of food, and service. On day of wedding, weather was great, so they suggested to move cocktail hour outside. Food was amazing, Service was top-notch. Everyone was commenting how great they were. We wanted milkshake bar, and Linwoods said no problem. We had wedding of 100 guests at DyeHouse, with NO wedding planner, and Linwoods handled all that for us without blinking an eye. We dropped off all the favors, cake topper, guest book, etc. on day before the wedding and everything was set up for us. As MOB, I had a blast at the wedding because I was free to enjoy it. Linwoods took care of everything! Would use them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Trina · Married on 04/20/2019

Impeccable

Our wedding was on April 20, 2019. Linwood's Catering went above and beyond what was expected and what was needed. Rachel was a life saver-every email, text or phone call was answered quickly with kindness and understanding. She and her staff set up and served an event that was rock star worthy. They were kind and efficient and made every single guest feel at home and important. No request went unfulfilled. The food was of the highest quality. There was so many delicious items that we were able to serve to our guests with Rachel's guidance and care. There are no words for the gratitude that I have for Rachel and her staff-they made our day so wonderful and I can not thank them enough.

Sent on 05/18/2019
  • Marilyn

Marilyn · Married on 02/17/2019

First Class Experience

We couldn't say better things about our experience from start to finish with everyone and everything Linwoods provided for our February wedding. Sherri made sure that we were taken care of during every aspect of the planning as well as every moment of our big night. The staff during the night of the wedding were so pleasant and respectful of all our guests. They made sure to treat our parents specifically with extra special care. This truly meant the world to us as it was such a special night for them as well. The food was incredible! It was the most complimented thing at our wedding. The starters to the dessert, we couldn't have been more delighted. Linwoods provided a first class experience that made our wedding everything we hoped for and more. Not only will we recommend them to anyone and everyone, but we will certainly make a point to visit the restaurant again.

Sent on 07/28/2019

Caroline · Married on 12/22/2018

Impeccable

Linwoods has a wonderful and longstanding reputation in Baltimore thanks to their restaurant in Pikesville. Of course their catering service is different, but because we knew that Linwoods has a name that people know and a reputation to uphold, we were sure that their catering would not disappoint, and we were so right! From start to finish, our experience was incredible. We cannot say enough good things about the food, the staff, and especially Rachel! She was the ultimate professional, so very organized, flexible, creative, understanding, and enthusiastic! Rachel knew that this was the most important day of our lives and she treated it as such. We were impressed with the fact that Linwoods brought us in to the restaurant to taste their food before asking us to commit to them. They know that their food and service speaks for itself, and they gave us the opportunity to see and taste that so that we could feel confident going into a working relationship with them. We were choosing between Linwoods and another caterer who said we wouldn't have the opportunity to taste their food until our official tasting- no thank you! The other caterer boasted beautiful table scapes, but we cared more about the service and the taste of the food than instagram-worthy charcuterie spreads. Linwoods has their priorities in order and will not disappoint you from start to finish. We didn't have a wedding planner or coordinator, but Rachel filled these gaps in a lot of ways, and was our go-to for most every question. She helped us with our timeline for the entire night and made us feel so confident that our event would be a huge success. The day of our wedding, Rachel and her staff executed a perfect evening and we can't say enough good things about Linwoods! We are so grateful to the family friends who used Linwoods before us and told us about their amazing experiences with Linwoods! We are writing this review in hopes that other people will realize that Linwoods is the way to go, too!

Sent on 02/10/2019

Risa · Married on 11/17/2018

Linwood's is the best

Linwood's is truly the best. Consistently delicious food and excellent service. The best!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Allison · Married on 09/29/2018

Above and beyond!

Linwoods went above and beyond for our wedding! Sherri was amazing to work with-- understanding, professional, and dedicated. She answered all of our questions and worked well with all of our vendors. She was quick on her feet and discreetly solved all the hiccups that occurred. Above all, Sherri was kind and kept the bride, groom, and guests happy. The food was phenomenal; all our guests are still raving about it! We were able to customize our menu and create unique fall-themed dishes (including soup with our salads). We couldn't have picked a better catering company for our big day!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Jillian · Married on 06/29/2018

Linwoods is perfection.

It's hard to know where to begin to express the impact that Linwoods had on our wedding day. Every aspect of our wedding was perfect-largely thanks to Linwoods' attention to every detail!
    Initially, we evaluated two possibilities for our caterer. Through that process Linwoods was clearly the absolute best choice for us. We were invited to enjoy dinner at their amazing restaurant, where we met Sherri, the Catering Director. My husband and I were welcomed by the hospitality of the Linwoods' staff, enjoyed an outstanding dinner, and were able to talk through the many possibilities for our wedding day. We were also fortunate to have the opportunity to attend Linwoods' Open House at the Dye House, our wedding venue. It was so helpful to see the venue and the Linwoods' team in action as we were beginning the planning of our wedding.
    Linwoods was instrumental in helping me enjoy the process of planning our wedding. I am very detail oriented and had a very specific vision for what I wanted for the day. Linwoods proved to be much more than a caterer. Sherri was our "go-to" person for every detail of the actual event. She offered her expertise in many areas, and was so accessible as we worked through each piece. For instance, she set-up and attended the appointment to choose the linens, which was so helpful. Not only was she able to answer any questions about the physical set-up, but that day also gave me such a clear vision of how the venue would come together. As the time got closer, we returned to the restaurant for our tasting. With our parents, we again enjoyed delicious food, attentive, friendly service, and an assortment of choices that were perfect.
    Our wedding day went exactly as we had hoped. The Dye House looked just as I had imagined, the flow of the day went smoothly, the food was amazing, and the service was incredible! Our wedding guests were blown away at the quality of the food and the stellar service. Both were the best anyone has ever experienced at a wedding. Of course, the catering is usually the largest piece of a wedding budget. Linwoods was truly worth every penny. Their team had such a huge impact on the perfection of our day!
    Without a doubt, Linwoods' biggest asset is their team of people. Every person we encountered was friendly, professional, and went above and beyond to make our day special. I cannot speak more highly of Sherri. Her knowledge, style, and accessibility were instrumental in how our day came together. On the day of, she was in total control of every detail-so much more than a caterer. As I think back on the whole process, I can't imagine how we would have pulled it off without her!
    We are so happy to be able to continue to experience Linwoods perfection in years to come! Since our wedding, we have already celebrated another special event at the restaurant.

Sent on 01/20/2019

Heather · Married on 05/27/2018

We just had our wedding at the Gramercy Carriage House and Linwoods saved the day. We were due to have our ceremony and seating outside but there was a torrential rainstorm and they problem solved the set up and it worked out even better than we ever planned. I cannot say enough good things about the overall experience. In particular, we LOVED Sherri Levine who surpassed any of our expectations (and we had some high expectations). The food was outstanding as was the service. We would give them 10 stars if we could.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Leah · Married on 04/21/2018

Royalty for a day. Linwood's only creates five star food. They handled everything for us - linens, food, bar, setup and take-down. The waitstaff were incredibly discreet, but the food spoke volumes!! Everybody left with full bellies and the restaurant's name jotted down! Special thanks to the management for ensuring the menu was a hit, and looking out for our friends and family's comfort ensuring a special day for all.

Sent on 06/06/2018
  • Pilar

Pilar · Married on 12/16/2017

My husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience with Sherri and Linwoods. From the very first tasting, everything has been above and beyond - from the service, to the quality of food, we couldn't be more impressed and grateful. Sherri is one of the kindest people I have ever met and made the entire planning experience stress-free. She had wonderful suggestions and provided guidance when I needed it. The food was outstanding - all of our guests are still raving about it! I would highly recommend using Linwoods for any event - truly fabulous!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Emily · Married on 09/16/2017

The Linwoods team had no other competition when it came to quality and service. They were extremely helpful and organized and I trusted them 100% with my day. The day of they were committed to the timeline and kept all the other vendors in order. Everyone raved about the food and the cake! I will definitely be using Linwoods for future events

Sent on 10/08/2017

Andy · Married on 08/26/2017

Linwoods delivered Top Notch Service and Outstanding Food for our daughter's wedding this past weekend! All wait staff and bartenders were so kind, courteous, and professional. The chef was spectacular! With over 100 guests, the meals were prepared and served perfectly. Flavors were amazing... from the cocktail hour hors d' oeuvres to the main course! The catering manager kept everything moving and perfectly on time. We have heard nothing but rave reviews from our guests, many saying it was the best reception they have ever attended! Thank you Linwoods for making this even of a lifetime so special and unforgettable!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Caitlin · Married on 07/29/2017

Sherri and Linwood's were an absolute joy to work with. They were the first tasting we did and they set such a high bar that our other tastings just couldn't live up to. From being flexible with our menu choices to being incredibly accommodating for our guests with special dietary needs there was nothing we asked them they didn't deliver on. Sherri even went with us to help us pick out our table linens! I can't tell you how many compliments we have gotten on our food from our guests. They even asked us how many of our guests were under 21, pregnant, or otherwise did not drink and they didn't charge us for those guests when we added our bar package.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Dawn · Married on 07/01/2017

Linwoods is fantastic, without question. The food is top notch and the service is outstanding. What a wonderful experience we had with them. My dad is a huge fan of the restaurant, which is why we looked there in the first place. From the first meeting with the catering manager, the tasting, working with them on linens, etc, everything was great. We did have a change in who we were working with during the last week through unforeseen circumstances, but even that worked out without issue. Linwoods is committed to quality and to giving the couple the day they envision. I would highly recommend them - you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Diana · Married on 04/08/2017

Linwoods did an amazing job catering my wedding at the Baltimore Museum of Art! All of the guests raved about the hors d'oeuvres and really enjoyed all of the food stations. The wedding cake was delicious and turned out more beautiful than I had imagined. Sherri did a fantastic job and made sure everything went perfectly. I am beyond pleased with my experience using Linwoods!

Sent on 04/27/2017