Linwoods Reviews

1 User photo

Linwoods 1

Risa · Married on 11/17/2018

Linwood's is the best

Linwood's is truly the best. Consistently delicious food and excellent service. The best!

Allison · Married on 09/29/2018

Above and beyond!

Linwoods went above and beyond for our wedding! Sherri was amazing to work with-- understanding, professional, and dedicated. She answered all of our questions and worked well with all of our vendors. She was quick on her feet and discreetly solved all the hiccups that occurred. Above all, Sherri was kind and kept the bride, groom, and guests happy. The food was phenomenal; all our guests are still raving about it! We were able to customize our menu and create unique fall-themed dishes (including soup with our salads). We couldn't have picked a better catering company for our big day!

Heather · Married on 05/27/2018

We just had our wedding at the Gramercy Carriage House and Linwoods saved the day. We were due to have our ceremony and seating outside but there was a torrential rainstorm and they problem solved the set up and it worked out even better than we ever planned. I cannot say enough good things about the overall experience. In particular, we LOVED Sherri Levine who surpassed any of our expectations (and we had some high expectations). The food was outstanding as was the service. We would give them 10 stars if we could.

Leah · Married on 04/21/2018

Royalty for a day. Linwood's only creates five star food. They handled everything for us - linens, food, bar, setup and take-down. The waitstaff were incredibly discreet, but the food spoke volumes!! Everybody left with full bellies and the restaurant's name jotted down! Special thanks to the management for ensuring the menu was a hit, and looking out for our friends and family's comfort ensuring a special day for all.

• Pilar

Pilar · Married on 12/16/2017

My husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience with Sherri and Linwoods. From the very first tasting, everything has been above and beyond - from the service, to the quality of food, we couldn't be more impressed and grateful. Sherri is one of the kindest people I have ever met and made the entire planning experience stress-free. She had wonderful suggestions and provided guidance when I needed it. The food was outstanding - all of our guests are still raving about it! I would highly recommend using Linwoods for any event - truly fabulous!

Emily · Married on 09/16/2017

The Linwoods team had no other competition when it came to quality and service. They were extremely helpful and organized and I trusted them 100% with my day. The day of they were committed to the timeline and kept all the other vendors in order. Everyone raved about the food and the cake! I will definitely be using Linwoods for future events

Linwoods 2

Andy · Married on 08/26/2017

Linwoods delivered Top Notch Service and Outstanding Food for our daughter's wedding this past weekend! All wait staff and bartenders were so kind, courteous, and professional. The chef was spectacular! With over 100 guests, the meals were prepared and served perfectly. Flavors were amazing... from the cocktail hour hors d' oeuvres to the main course! The catering manager kept everything moving and perfectly on time. We have heard nothing but rave reviews from our guests, many saying it was the best reception they have ever attended! Thank you Linwoods for making this even of a lifetime so special and unforgettable!

Caitlin · Married on 07/29/2017

Sherri and Linwood's were an absolute joy to work with. They were the first tasting we did and they set such a high bar that our other tastings just couldn't live up to. From being flexible with our menu choices to being incredibly accommodating for our guests with special dietary needs there was nothing we asked them they didn't deliver on. Sherri even went with us to help us pick out our table linens! I can't tell you how many compliments we have gotten on our food from our guests. They even asked us how many of our guests were under 21, pregnant, or otherwise did not drink and they didn't charge us for those guests when we added our bar package.

Dawn · Married on 07/01/2017

Linwoods is fantastic, without question. The food is top notch and the service is outstanding. What a wonderful experience we had with them. My dad is a huge fan of the restaurant, which is why we looked there in the first place. From the first meeting with the catering manager, the tasting, working with them on linens, etc, everything was great. We did have a change in who we were working with during the last week through unforeseen circumstances, but even that worked out without issue. Linwoods is committed to quality and to giving the couple the day they envision. I would highly recommend them - you will not be disappointed!

Diana · Married on 04/08/2017

Linwoods did an amazing job catering my wedding at the Baltimore Museum of Art! All of the guests raved about the hors d'oeuvres and really enjoyed all of the food stations. The wedding cake was delicious and turned out more beautiful than I had imagined. Sherri did a fantastic job and made sure everything went perfectly. I am beyond pleased with my experience using Linwoods!

Lisa · Married on 04/07/2017

Honestly I can't rave about Linwoods and Tali enough. First off the food is absolutely amazing! I've gone to many weddings and the food is not always the best, but what you get at your tasting is what you get at your wedding and your guests will be drooling over it well after the wedding! Tali is so amazing and will make sure things go so super smoothly on your day! Her staff run things like clockwork and you will have no worries on your day! They were super accommodating to my husband and I after I had a huge medical incident right before the wedding and worked so well with us on it. They even helped my parents pack up the car with the presents! During the day of the weather was iffy and Tali was flexible with changing having the cocktail hour be inside and things went without a hitch. She made sure there was food and drinks for my husband and I right after the ceremony so we could have a few moments alone together and that there were someone catering to our needs throughout the day. They were so awesome that they even made our cake dreams come true by having it be beauty and the beast/batman themed just like our wedding and it couldn't have been more perfect, and they even gave us the cake as a wedding present to us too, which was incredibly amazing since we were on such a tight budget. Linwoods is worth every penny, the food is so delicious, they are extremely professional, and they make sure everything is perfect. They even folded the napkins into roses when they saw my theme with beauty and the beast, which was a complete surprise to me but so perfect. I highly recommend them and I thank them so much for all they did!!! Oh and they even pack up the leftovers to send home with you, and believe me, you will be sooooo grateful for that!! After a wedding you won't want to cook and will want to relive that food over and over again :)

amy · Married on 03/04/2017

The only advice I can give you is to BOOK THIS CATERER! Linwoods, and its representative Sheri Levin, was absolutely amazing. First, the food is not like any wedding food you've ever been served. The quality, quantity, and presentation--unbeatable. The waitstaff so professional and caring. The attention to every detail and the flexibility of every person involved-- outstanding. Just a little example: one guest was gluten-free. He realized the meat had been slightly dredged in flour -- before the guest knew it the chef had grilled him a delicious steak and had it to the table. There was no request too big or too small. As the mother of the bride, my server asked me what I was drinking, and every time I came back to my seat there was a fresh glass waiting for me. My guests raved about the food -- one guest called me the next day to ask the name of the restaurant (Linwoods has a brick and mortar restaurant) because he wanted to take his wife for their anniversary. His words, "It wasn't the best wedding food I've ever had; it was the best food I've ever had."
    Last but certainly not least, Sheri Levin was amazing to work with. She was calm, supportive, professional, informative -- and she cared, really cared, that our event would be everything we hoped for. What a gem. We were careful with our budget, and Sheri helped up find ways to have the best food and honor it. For example, we provided our own alcohol, a great savings. Sheri told us exactly how much and what to get. In the end, we spent a little more than we thought when we started but every penny was worth it ten times over.

Emily · Married on 11/19/2016

We loved Linwoods. The staff were so professional, calm and detailed. It was better to call Sherri instead of email and it was all pretty easy to decide on the foods. The tastings were absolutely stunning and on the day the food tasted pretty much exactly like the tastings! We highly recommend Linwoods!

Rachel · Married on 10/01/2016

Seriously I can't say enough good things about Linwoods - the food is perfect, the service is impeccable, and the staff were all kind, fun, and extremely professional. We worked with Sherri and she not only helped us choose an out of this world menu, but she went above and beyond by helping to schedule and plan out the evening. The food at Linwoods is just superior and my husband and I enjoyed picking unique, delicious courses to share with our guests. The staff serving the dinner at our reception were all attentive and extremely kind. My husband and I were especially impressed by June - she was extremely sweet and checked on us continuously throughout the night and brought us drinks, snacks, and water when we needed it. We love Linwoods and look forward to returning to the restaurant for anniversaries and special occasions in the future!

Johanna · Married on 09/30/2016

Linwoods was our caterer for our wedding at the Baltimore Museum of Art and they were just amazing. Sherri was very quick and helpful with any and all questions and concerns we had. The staff was very professional and the food was AMAZING!!!

Delores · Married on 09/27/2016

Rachel you and your staff was outstanding and the food was very tasty. Everything was very professional and my client and all their guests were impressed with the quality of the food. I highly recommend Linwoods for your next event, big or small. The wait staff were 100% professional and polite. Looking forward to working with everyone again in the future.

Darlene · Married on 09/11/2016

We were looking for an intimate venue to hold our small (72 guests) family wedding ceremony. Most venues seemed way too large for the size and style of the wedding we wanted. We actually held our ceremony and reception replete with dinner and dancing in the Linwoods' Due Dining Room. It was the perfect fit and atmosphere. Our guests raved about the food and the service of the staff. The onsite venue manager Rachel Maw was an absolute gem, and she made our special day even more special .

Darlene Price-Wood

Rachel and Terry were fantastic to work with. The staff was terrific, food fantastic, as always. Linwoods made our special night even more special. I highly recommend them for your special night.

Christina · Married on 06/18/2016

Linwoods did an absolutely amazing job at the reception! The guests constantly commented how much they enjoyed the food and how wonderful the wait staff was. We worked primarily with Sherri and then Ellen was there the day of to direct everyone. Throughout the process, Sherri was great, repeatedly reminding us that if we wanted something all we had to do was ask and Linwoods could (probably) do it! Which was true when I sent Sherri a picture of the wedding cake that I wanted! The specialty cocktails were such a big hit, and at the end of the night when there was only enough left for one more glass the bartender poured it in a glass and gave it to my husband to give to me so that I could have the last glass of my specialty cocktail! I also can't not include the now famous "dancing bartender" in my review. The dancing bartender was a HUGE hit with my guests and has been mentioned be every single person I've talked to! My only regret is that I somehow managed to miss him the entire night, I did not get to witness his dancing! I could leave a long list of all of the wonderful things Linwoods did but I will just sum it up in this, they are professional but fun, I received numerous compliments on their food and service throughout the night from our guests, and they really want to work to make your day exactly what you want!

Tiffany · Married on 06/18/2016

Linwoods really does service and food right. From the beginning Tali invited us to the restaurant to introduce us to their menu. The food was nothing short of spectacular. The menu options that were available for us to pick from was nothing short of a book and it was incredibly difficult to narrow down the choices for our tasting.

Tali understood our desire for locally sourced seafood and took great care to respect all of our guests that had allergies and dietary restrictions. We kept hearing from our guests all night what great service they provided, and everyone was very complimentary of our menu. The late night snacks were also a huge hit!

Tali and her staff were wonderful - with a special shout out to Michael who was assigned to take care of myself and my new hubs with drinks and snacks and basically anything we could want or need (even before we knew we needed anything). He was always available and anticipated everything. Everyone says you never eat enough at your own wedding but Linwoods made sure that was not a worry for us! Michael even took special care of our dog (our ring bearer). He really went above and beyond in his care of us throughout the day. Her entire staff were warm and friendly and took excellent care of us - including the two gentlemen that stayed behind while we after-partied. I really cant say enough about how great everyone was throughout the entire night.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Linwoods's reply:

Dearest Tiffany and Brian, CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH !!!!! Lets talk...."perfect".... from the location site, the weather, the setting for reception and cocktails, your family and friends, your dog, ........simply put...it was your perfect wedding day and we are delighted that we could be a part of it. Wishing you both health, laughter and much happiness.... Thank you so very much for the kind words....Tali

Vince · Married on 12/19/2015

Linwoods and Tali were absolutely amazing! From the very first three hour tasting with my parents and future parents in-law, Tali guided us through every step. My fiancee/wife is Indian and I am American, so this was to be a full Indian ceremony as well as reception, about 120 people. Our event was at the Gramercy Mansion, both the ceremony and reception. Tali and the Linwoods crew did such an amazing job of switching over the atrium from ceremony to a full 13 tables all beautifully decorated during our cocktail hour. The whole process was seamless. Tali had a personal waitstaff for my wife and me, who discretely whisked us away to our suite for 15 min to change and take a breather before the reception.
    With Linwoods you receive every bit of class and value that you pay for. The food really can't be beat and all our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves! Linwoods gladly accommodated several Indian dishes that were delivered prior to the dinner.
    When you work with Tali you don't just get a caterer; we were a bit unorganized as to our timeline but with Tali's vast experience with weddings there were no issues. Tali helped guide us through our timeline to make it both efficient and effective and to make it a truly wonderful experience for our guests and for us!
    I will certainly look to Linwoods for future events.
    Vince&Tanvi Kurtz

Sent on 01/06/2016

Linwoods's reply:

Dear Vince and Tanvi........ CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!!!! Your wedding was magnificent. I so enjoyed working with everyone in creating this magical day for you both and your family and friends. As they say...."a labor of love". Thank you for the kind words, its greatly appreciated and valued. I wish you health, laughter and much joy as you begin your life together as "husband and wife". All my best....Tali

Kimberly · Married on 08/15/2015

We want to express our thanks to Tali and her staff at Linwood’s. We are grateful for the work they did to make our wedding reception one to remember. Everyone mentioned to us how beautiful, delicious, and elegant the dinner was. We knew what to expect from Linwoods, but they still managed to exceed those lofty expectations by a factor of 10. Everything was perfect.

Tali worked with us from day one on every aspect of the wedding, offering expert advice from menu selections, table settings, place cards, scheduling, and a number of other matters both big and small. No question, whether in person, by phone, or email went unanswered. And Tali was always happy to field questions from other members of our family. It was important to us to forge a comfortable, professional relationship with our vendors. Tali and her staff are pros in every sense of the word.

Linwoods catering, with Tail at the helm, is without question the best in the business.

Sent on 10/03/2015

Linwoods's reply:

Dearest Kimberly and David, With my deepest appreciation, THANK YOU !!!!. It was a joy creating with you both the day of your dreams. I wish you both much health, laughter and joy as you begin your life together as husband and wife.

Heather · Married on 08/15/2015

There was not a single person (and we had picky eaters) who didn't LOVE everything they tried at our wedding. The options were amazing and the choices we went with were perfect. Linwoods sent us home with extra meals and leftover appetizers which allowed us to not have to worry about our meals for an entire week and feel spoiled as if we had taken a honeymoon-- which we haven't yet. I want to go to their restaurant for our anniversary every year because they are so amazing! Words cannot explain how happy we were with not only the food served, but the staff as well!

Linwoods is fantastic. Sherri, Ellen, and everyone at the restaurant are incredibly considerate, can meet any requirements, and will do everything in their power to make sure your event goes off without any incident.

Food was outstanding! Everyone loved the cake and the food we picked! They also served as a wedding coordinator!!