Lindsey Thorne Photography Reviews

27 | Austin, TX

27 Reviews for Lindsey Thorne Photography

Justine · Married on 08/29/2016

Lindsey Thorne Photography is absolutely amazing! If you want photos that you can hang in your house for a lifetime to come—artistically composed leaving the cheesy behind—she is the photographer for you! Lindsey is relatable and flexible and makes sure you get everything you want out of your special day! Couldn't recommend anyone better!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Chelsea · Married on 07/23/2016

Pick Lindsey!! I got my pictures back and WOW!! She was our AMAZING wedding photographer and I am so glad I picked her. Her pricing was very reasonable and a great value for what you get. You will have these images forever and they are high quality. She is a professional photographer and you can really tell in her work. Honestly, I just wanted someone to take great pictures, I didn't have a whole lot of special poses in mind. She had great advice on how to pose and she knew exactly what to tell me to do (which was exactly what I needed and wanted). At the same time, if you know exactly what you want she can make that happen too. I can not say enough good things about her and i highly recommend her!!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Hannah · Married on 06/04/2016

The number one complaint I have always heard from friends about their weddings was always the photographer. Thankfully I did NOT have this issue with Lindsey!

I was so ecstatic with the job that Lindsey did for my husband and I’s wedding. It was an outdoor wedding at Nature’s Point in Lago Vista and the pictures we’ve seen are gorgeous. For our engagement pictures we had a recommendation of a local photographer in Houston do the photos, and while they weren’t bad – you could definitely tell a difference in the quality between what was done for our engagement photos and what was done for our wedding photos.

The photos were able to make this bride extremely happy, and so grateful that we went with her. Lindsey was able to work well with a roudy bridal party and capture every moment beautifully. She by far has been one of my favorite aspects of my wedding! I lost my dad a month before the wedding and she was extremely sensitive and made sure everything was very easy for me. She gave me the most beautiful and breathtaking photos that actually make me look back on the day with joy and happy tears. Any couple would be lucky to have such a talented and kind hearted photographer at their wedding who will literally bend over backwards (or in my case lay down in the dirt) to get a great shot! She is second to none and you will NOT regret choosing her.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Hillary · Married on 11/06/2015

Lindsey Thorne is a consummate professional, and she is skilled both in the arts of photography and social grace. She asked all the right questions, got all the right shots, was in all the right places, and delivered all the right results. Her photography turned our modest wedding venue into a storybook of memories that we will be able to cherish forever. We cannot recommend her enough.

Sent on 02/15/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/02/2015

Lindsey is AMAZING!!! I can't say enough good things about her. I love our wedding photos and get so many compliments about how great they are. There's not one moment that she didn't capture. On top of producing great photos, Lindsey was a total pro - we had a huge wedding party and she and her team did such a graceful job corralling the group while still being cool and collected. She always made me feel comfortable and at ease in the midst of the chaos before and after the wedding, and our wedding party (both girls and guys) commented about how great she was.

I write for a magazine and documented our wedding for a print story. Lindsey was the perfect partner for this project and her photos look great in the magazine.

Go with Lindsey! You'll be so happy you did.

Sent on 02/05/2016

Michaela · Married on 08/22/2015

Lindsey Thorne was AMAZING. Not only was Lindsey responsive to all questions along the way in our wedding planning process, she was also willing and excited to chat about creative ideas that would help to make my wedding day unique and truly special. Lindsey was knowledgeable, professional and exemplifies years of experience. She brings to the table an edgy, artistic sophistication to her photography. On our wedding day Lindsey was full of positive energy and on par with every detail throughout the day. Lindsey went above and beyond to make our wedding day the best it could be. I would recommend Lindsey to anyone.

Sent on 02/07/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/24/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Lindsey. She is so professional and personable, and we absolutely treasure our wedding day pictures! She went above and beyond what we expected.
    I also did a pre-wedding boudoir shoot with her, and the experience was AMAZING. My husband was blown away by the pictures, and they were exactly what I wanted (and more!)!
    Love, love, love Lindsey!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/28/2014

I had a wonderful experience with Lindsey! She is a down to earth woman that makes you feel comfortable, confident, and beautiful. The pictures she took were beautiful. She does all the work and helps pose you in the best positions and angles. She has a natural eye and creative gift.

Sent on 11/14/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/27/2014

When I first started planning my wedding, I began with a photographer search because that and the venue were the most important to me. I wanted someone who was creative, artistic, and outside the tradiitonal formal wedding photography that would be able to capture the fun and love of the day.

I searched for a LONG time and was either discouraged by the quality of photography or the astronomical price tag that came with some vendors. Until I found Lindsey Thorne. I don't even know how I stumbled across her website now, but I am so glad I did.

I was planning a wedding in New Braunfels from Houston so I didn't meet Lindsey until our rehearsal dinner, but she was always very responsive to my emails and phone calls. She was very flexible in customizing her packages for me as well as entertaining my idea of doing wedding party pictures at Gruene Hall before the ceremony.

She was so quick and discrete that I practically forgot she was at the ceremony/reception! She managed to capture ALL of the fun at the reception, which I was a little worried about since I didn't have a second shooter. The best part is we got our pictures back 3 weeks after the wedding, which is practically unheard of!

We aboslutely love our pictures and would not hesistate to book her again or recommend her to family and friends.

Sent on 10/22/2014

I am beyond impressed with Lindsey and her work! I went to her for my boudoir photography as a gift for my future husband, and am nothing but blown away! The entire experience, from initial contact all the way to my album, was perfect! I am more conservative than not, and my photo shoot was nothing but fun and positive. Lindsey is easily able to take away all of the awkwardness that is possible with posing half naked in front of total strangers! If you're on the fence about choosing Lindsey or doing boudoir, quit thinking about it and contact her! Lindsey's knack for posing and capturing moments is spot on. You wont regret it!

Sent on 09/17/2014

Kate · Married on 06/21/2014

If I could give Lindsey Thorne 10 stars, I would! Just wow! Lindsey is an absolutely incredible. She has an eye like no one photographer I've seen. Having wedding photos we loved was so important to me. I found Lindsey and saw no need to look further. She truly immerses herself in her work, ensuring your photographs are unique to you and your occasion. Lindsey is extremely progressional, prompt, friendly, and simply fun to work with. By far, one of the best wedding vendors we hired. I'm already trying to figure out the next occasion to hire her! I also did my bridal portraits and boudoir shots with her, phenomenal experience. Payments to Lindsey are also super simple, which is not the case for most wedding vendors.

Sent on 08/06/2014

Jodi · Married on 06/21/2014

It was such a pleasure working with Lindsey Thorne Photography We so enjoyed her creativity and her professionalism. We are definitely spreading the word about you and the amazing work you do. Please keep sharing your talent and passion ! Thanks so much

Sent on 08/17/2014

Ablaza · Married on 05/17/2014

I don't even know where to begin with Lindsey. She is the absolute best photographer! Her quality of work is so amazing. She handled our engagement session, rehearsal dinner, bridal portraits and wedding day. Not only did she make us look like we belonged in a magazine, but she was so fun to work with. We were so worried that we were going to look awkward but she coached us the whole way. She has such a great personality and made us feel so comfortable. We decided to make her our photographer for life. She is such a great person with such amazing talent. Go hire her now! :)

Sent on 08/19/2014
  • Clare

Clare · Married on 05/03/2014

If you have a chance to work with Lindsey, do it!! She’s so friendly and professional, and her portfolio speaks for itself. My husband and I were thrilled that she was available for us (we live in Virginia). She met with us for an engagement shoot, and after seeing how those turned out, I decided to be brave and schedule a Boudoir Session as a secret wedding gift—he LOVES the book! Everything turned out beautifully and I think it’s a result of how comfortable we felt when she was photographing us. Lindsey did a stunning job capturing memories of a very happy time in our life! We received numerous compliments on our engagement and wedding photos. I find myself looking at the wedding photos almost every day because they make me so happy!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Stacey · Married on 01/04/2014

Lindsey was fantastic! Our wedding photos are more than gorgeous, she captured perfect family moments. Her and her team were on their toes all evening working there way through the crowd to document our special day. Not only did she shoot for our wedding but she came to our rehearsal dinner to document all of the fun we had that evening as well.
    She captured perfect moments of different couples, that now my husband and I are having them printed and we are sending them framed to our friends and family as gifts. We were wowed by the service and quality of her work.

Sent on 08/11/2014
  • Chelsie

Chelsie · Married on 03/17/2013

Lindsey was great from the start! We are very happy with the level of service she provided and absolutely love the photos. We highly recommend her services!

Sent on 03/27/2013

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2012

Lindsey offers amazing packages for weddings. My husband and I were looking for someone who would fit our personalities and give us something not only special, but unique. When we first met with Lindsey we knew she was the photographer for us. We chose to do an engagement session, bridal portraits, day of the wedding, as well as boudoir. Our first session with Lindsey was the engagement session.
    She offers the most unique experience for engagement pictures. She asked us what were our favorite things to do, and on the shoot day we basically just went on a date. It was so much fun, and she made us feel at ease with having our picture taken while out and about in Austin. Our favorite pictures were put together into a guest book and at the wedding people went nuts over it. They loved the book itself, but also thought our pictures were awesome. A friend of mine getting married soon was bummed she hadn't know about the book in time to do one herself. The book is now sitting on our coffee table, a treasured memento from our wedding.
    The bridal session was also a blast. I wanted to surprise my mom with a few special pictures, and Lindsey was nice enough to put those in a separate online gallery so that I could send my mom a link for the rest of the pictures without ruining the surprise.
    The boudoir session was great. My husband LOVED his book. Lindsey made me feel very comfortable through the whole process.
    Lastly, Lindsey rocked our wedding. With so many people that we hadn't seen in years, having Lindsey there to capture every moment was just what we wanted. She even agreed to stay later than we'd originally contracted for so that she was there for the exit. While we were dancing, she managed to get right in the action without making the guests feel awkward. Half the time we didn't even know she was there on the dance floor with us. We're going to treasure those pictures.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Grace · Married on 11/12/2011

Lindsey was SO AMAZING to work with. She put together a 'sexy' and fun photobook that I gave to my husband as a wedding present. I had so much fun at the photoshoot and never felt uncomfortable. I received the photobook when it was promised and the quality is awesome. Lindsey was great to work with, I would rec. her services to anyone.

Sent on 02/04/2012

Melissa · Married on 05/07/2011

I searched and searched for the right photographer to shoot my wedding, I knew exactly what I was looking for. I wanted artistic, creative shots, not just regular boring wedding photos. As soon as we met with Lindsey, I knew she was perfect for the look we wanted! She shot my boudoir photos too, and made me look and feel super sexy! Not only is Lindsey talented and creative, but she's a sweet person who makes you feel comfortable. Our wedding photos are awesome, they look like shots from a magazine spread!

Sent on 07/21/2011
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 10/09/2010

Lindsey was the photographer at my autumn wedding in 2010. After looking through her portfolio, I knew I wanted her to photograph my wedding. Lindsey worked with me to figure out a package that fit my budget. She understood how important it was to me to have her as my photographer, and she understood just how expensive weddings are, and what I had to work with, financially. Lindsey was there, on time, and did not miss a smile or a single tear. She did such a fantastic job! Every time I look back at the memories she captured, I am floored with the emotion in each photograph. I am so thankful to have had her as my photographer, and I HIGHLY recommend her for yours!

Sent on 08/11/2011

Cindy · Married on 08/28/2010

Hiring Lindsey as our photographer was by far the best decision we made while planning our wedding. She is extremely professional, very approachable and an absolute joy to work with. It was extremely important for us to find someone who wasn’t just going to take beautiful pictures of a non-traditional wedding, but someone who really got what we were doing and understood the image and style we were trying to present. From the day we first spoke with her, her genuine enthusiasm for what we were doing made it clear we needed to meet with her and once we did, we both walked out of the meeting saying how much we loved her and that we had definitely found our photographer. In addition to our wedding, Lindsey shot our engagement photos and my boudoir shoot and throughout all of it, we had nothing but wonderful things to say about her and her work. I think the best advice I got when planning the wedding was “the only thing you walk away from this wedding with is a spouse and your photos, so make sure you love your photographer”, and we are truly grateful to have found someone that was able to give us such incredible images to look back on for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 08/12/2011

Heather · Married on 06/03/2017

Lindsey was incredible! She was so great to work with and was extremely professional. She had some really great ideas and even helped tie my bow on my wedding dress when it just wasn't working any other way!!! She traveled a long way to do our engagement pics and our wedding and we cannot thank her enough! Her photos are so unique and have so much artistic quality- not your typical wedding photos! I highly recommend Lindsey!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2011

Lindsey was an amazing wedding photographer. I loved working with her and her explosion of energy, funny, considerate personality. She is very easy to talk to and good at communication. Not only that, she an alright, okay, INCREDIBLE photographer. She immediately went to work on my photos so I had a little snapshot of what she did before I left for my honeymoon. I don't think I'll be looking for another wedding photographer any time soon, but if I did, I'd know where to look.

Sent on 07/08/2011

Pamela · Married on 04/16/2016

I am so incredibly happy we went with Lindsey as our wedding photographer. I was one of those brides who was extremely picky about my photos and making sure that they turned out perfectly. When I searched for photographers in the Austin area, I came across Lindsey’s portfolio and was instantly mesmerized. Her photos stood out as breathtaking, magical pieces of art. Each one told a beautiful, candid love story that made you fall in love with their love. Her photos weren’t just your typical formal wedding pics, nor did she have any extremely cheesy or dumb poses (my worst wedding pet peeve)! One week before the big day, it was forecasted to rain on our wedding. I cried and cried, fearing that I was not going to get the sunny outdoor pictures I wanted. I told Lindsey about my concerns, and she responded immediately. She not only helped me try to look at the positive side of things (i.e. overcast sky= best lighting for pics, a chance for cool rain and umbrella pics, etc), she was also extremely on top of it, preparing for the worst and coming up with a game plan if rain was still an issue. That day when it did rain, she just worked with it, fitting in outdoor pictures in between the intermittent showers while opting to take more indoor pictures. She was extremely calm and collective throughout. When I finally saw our pictures, my jaw dropped at how GORGEOUS they came out. It was more beautiful than I had ever expected.All the indoor pictures turned out phenomenal, and even the outdoor pics were still just as pretty. She also did an AH-MA-ZING job capturing all the candid moments. I think those were by far my favorite pics, because they reflected not only how fun, wonderful & full of love our wedding was, but how truly happy I was that day! If you want beautiful pieces of art for your wedding photos and friends/family who consistently tell you how amazing your photographer is, Lindsey is hands down the #1 photographer to have! You will not regret it!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Lindsey is unbelievably talented and it shows in her work and professionalism. Her use of color, light, and angles is what drew me to hire her for our wedding. Meeting with her in person she is very down to earth and I could immediately tell that we were in good hands. Lindsey is reliable and always responded in a timely manner, which is comforting when working with so many various vendors for your wedding event.

Sent on 08/05/2014