Linden Row Inn Reviews

Linden Row Inn 7
  • Kendall

Kendall · Married on 06/22/2019

Perfect Hotel Block

We used Linden Row for our hotel block for out of town guests and it was perfect!! Sarah was very responsive and communicated everything that we needed. All of our guests who stayed enjoyed their stay and complimented the rooms! Very spacious and easy check in. The hotel also offers a shuttle service within 2 miles of the hotel that runs until 10:30pm. I would recommend them and use Linden Row again!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Julia

Julia Dang · Married on 09/29/2018

Gorgeous venue!

Linden Row was the best choice I could have made for our September wedding! The venue was gorgeous and the staff was beyond accommodating. From start to finish, the day went off without a hitch. Casey let us know what exactly to expect and was super responsive to any questions I had. The great thing about the location is that you can have your out of town guests stay right there, so they don't need to worry about driving to another spot after the event. The only thing I wish was different was the option to bring in our own catering.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Laura · Married on 09/08/2018

We are just thrilled with our experience at Linden Row Inn. We hosted 100 people for our ceremony and reception and the weekend was just perfection.

I loved that everyone from out of town was able to stay at the Inn, therefore transportation was taken care of and everyone was together the whole weekend. The location is right in the heart of the city, but you feel like you are in a countryside English garden. All of the rooms are spacious and beautiful, perfect setting for the bridal and groom suites. The garden was stunning, ended up having a clear-roof tent in the garden that accentuated the brick architecture and the abundant greenery surrounding the space.

Urban Farmhouse was excellent in our catering needs and were so helpful, generous, and easy to communicate with throughout the whole process. We met with Nancy, the catering manager, and both Kathleen and Dale, the owner and head chef, several times during the process and couldn't be more fantastic. Casey, the venue manager, was a dream. She was so easy to work with, made us feel so special and cared for, and made sure everything was perfect on our day. The staff at LRI were so helpful and kind as well.

Cannot recommend LRI highly enough and will hold a special place in our hearts for a lifetime!

Sent on 09/19/2018
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 04/21/2018

To start: GET THE BRIDAL SUITE. It's the fanciest, swankiest room we have ever seen, complete with original floors, a bay window, velvet couches, and chandeliers—a sitting room large enough for getting ready with all of your bridesmaids, and sharing time with family. Linden Row in was the most wonderful location to hold a wedding—historical, efficient, and so "classic Richmond." Did you know Edgar Allen Poe lived there? We love that they allowed us to be flexible with making their own music and bringing our own sound system. They were very sweet and accommodating and the staff was bragged about by everyone who attended! The staff could not have been more on top of things or friendlier—just top notch, in service and in flipping the courtyard from ceremony to reception. Our one qualm was that the food did not live up to the original tasting that we had had. Both entrées were fairly dry and bland from Urban Farmhouse. The tasting was delicious, so I'm not sure what happened that night. All in all, having all of our guests in one location from the rehearsal dinner all the way through the reception, ceremony, and breakfast the next day at Urban Farmhouse, it is an all inclusive wonderful, historical place with fantastic large green doors in the alley for amazing photo ops.

Sent on 06/26/2018
    Linden Row Inn 8
    Linden Row Inn 9
    Linden Row Inn 10

Michelle · Married on 04/20/2018

What a joy it was to work with the amazing, talented staff at Linden Row Inn! Casey Watson, the sales manager, and Jeremy Weaver, the catering and events manager, are on top of their game. From start to finish, they were responsive, helpful, courteous, top-notch professionals. If you have a grand vision and need help executing it; they got it. If you have no idea what you're doing and need a lot of guidance; they got you.

Everything was so well-executed, and everyone knew exactly what to do and when. At no point did I feel stressed about the event, and at no point did I question if something was going to be forgotten or left undone.

Because the venue has an exclusive, in-house caterer and a list of recommended and approved vendors for music, tenting, and flowers, a lot of the research and guess work is already done. They say you get what you pay for, but at Linden Row Inn, you get so much more. I couldn't recommend the venue more highly.

Cherry on top: several of our guests said that ours was one of, if not the best weddings they had ever attended.

Sent on 04/27/2018
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2017

I cannot say enough positive things about the The Linden Row Inn and their staff. My wife and I had our ceremony, as well as our reception there. The day after our wedding, we couldn't stop talking about how wonderful and how perfect our wedding was. It brings tears of joy to my eyes to think about it!

People always say there will be something that goes wrong, but as I look back I can't recall a single detail that was out of line. I cannot begin to express the gratitude we feel toward the Linden Row Inn and their staff. The day of the wedding, everyone was so accommodating and did so with a huge smile on their face. However, being one of the brides, and doing a lot of the planning, I want to specifically call-out Casey Watson, the Senior Sales Manager. She was easy to work with and knowledgeable; she made me look like a master at this wedding planning thing. My planning process with Casey and their exclusive caterers The Urban Farmhouse was stress-free, truly. They kept all of the details straight, kept to my master plan, and treated all of our guests wonderfully. Because the process was so smooth, the actual day of our wedding, I was so relaxed, because I had full faith in The Linden Row Staff.

We also had a room block for all of our guests, and my wife and I stayed in the beautifully appointed Parlor Suite. The rooms do not disappoint. They are charming, comfortable and in the heart of our beautiful city.

You must use The Urban Farmhouse as your caterer if you are planning a full reception there. I will write up a separate review for them, but Mat Lloyd and his staff were absolutely phenomenal to work with. I received happy, happy, positive reviews on the food and setting from all the guests.

Honestly, our wedding was the best day of my life and I have the Linden Row Inn, The Urban Farmhouse, their staff and all of our vendors to thank. Thank you for giving us the best celebration of our lives.

Stephanie and Christina Mitchell

Sent on 10/25/2017
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 09/23/2017

I cannot put into words how wonderful our wedding was at the Linden Row on 9/23, and how fantastic Casey and Mat were throughout the entire process. I felt like I gained two friends by the end. Both were very responsive, genuine, and everyone LOVED the venue and even guests commented on how wonderful the staff was during the event. Everything was beautiful, I loved having the bridal suite on site to get ready in, and the entire inn photographs beautifully. Linden Row is the best hidden gem in Richmond for romantic, intimate weddings. I cannot recommend the venue and the staff more, they truly made our experience wonderful and even gave us a charcoal drawing of the venue as a gift that we will always cherish. Thank you Casey and Mat!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Melissa · Married on 09/16/2017

We had an amazing weekend celebrating my daughter's wedding at Linden row Inn. They took care of every detail. We are so glad we chose this as the venue for our event. I would do it all over again if I could!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Alexandra · Married on 08/26/2017

Such a great experience hosting our wedding here. Cost and value were the best I found in Richmond. Easy to work with, a cute venue, conveniently located with parking. You couldn't ask for more!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Christine · Married on 06/24/2017

We used the Linden Row Inn for our guests during our wedding. We absolutely fell in love with the hotel when we first took a tour and booked it right away. The suites were great for the getting ready for the bridal party and for larger families with more kids. My family loved hanging out in the courtyard space in between wedding events. As the bride I stayed in the Mary Wingfield Scott Parlour and it was absolutely gorgeous and I got some amazing getting ready pictures there.

Sent on 08/11/2017

Laura · Married on 10/15/2016

My wedding at Linden Row Inn couldn't have been better! Not only was the location exactly what we wanted, but it perfectly accommodated our guests. And the staff were so wonderful to work with. From the first email until the end of our reception, they were on-point, hard working and dedicated to making our wedding vision a reality. I would enthusiastically recommend the Linden Row Inn to anyone wanting to get married in a gorgeous urban setting with a vintage feel and a fantastic staff!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Lacey · Married on 10/17/2015

Casey and the staff at Linden Row Inn are so great. We spent the whole weekend at the hotel (Friday-Sunday). All of the rooms were gorgeous. The bridal suite was really the kicker though. It's absolutely beautiful. It made the weekend for us.

Casey was super responsive throughout my entire engagement. We had to work around the UCI bike race, and I know she was incredibly swamped, but she still managed to be super quick to reply. The venue was gorgeous. Our guests can't stop talking about how perfect it was. The staff was super nice, helpful, and really took care of us. They did a great job with setup/breakdown. The space is a little small, but honestly I liked it that way. It made the whole thing seem so intimate. It didn't feel too small at all. It was just right. We were in it together, without being crammed in each other's ways. Everybody had room to eat, mingle, dance, and have a blast.

I can't imagine getting married anywhere else.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Allie · Married on 07/25/2015

We had our entire wedding party and much of our family stay at the Linden Row Inn for our wedding in Richmond. They were fantastic! They helped us put welcome baskets in the rooms of the people in our wedding party, they showed us each of the suites so we could pick where we wanted our families to stay, and Casey was very prompt and helpful when we had questions along the way. They even went ahead and prepped our rooms for early check-in before we asked for it! The bridal party pictures we took in the bridal suite were beautiful! If you're having a wedding in Richmond, you should stay at the Linden Row Inn!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Matt · Married on 06/06/2015

We had our wedding at Linden Row in June of 2015 and had a fantastic experience. The price for the venue (both the ceremony and reception) was very reasonable and well within our budget, and Casey and the rest of the staff were wonderful. They helped us with a lot of the planning and details (chairs, tables, band setup, etc.) and worked closely with our caterer and other vendors to make sure everything went smoothly. As for the rooms, the suites were beautiful, and the garden rooms were very nice, reasonably priced, and worked out great for our guests. Very highly recommended!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Ashley · Married on 05/09/2015

We held our wedding and reception in the courtyard at Linden Row Inn. It was spectacular! It had an intimate feel but there was still plenty of room for 100+ guests. We loved that it was right in the city but felt like a secret oasis. There were amazing photo opportunities and our guests raved about it. The events coordinator (Casey) was super sweet, really easy to work with, and very responsive. We had a wonderful experience with Linden Row and absolutely recommend it!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Choosing the Linden Row Inn for our April 2014 wedding ceremony was a wonderful decision. We were able to book almost all the rooms in the inn and it made for the most memorable wedding weekend, exactly what we had imagined. Casey, Robin and their team were so accommodating, from Thursday to Sunday. We hosted our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and Sunday brunch at the Linden Row, with the reception at the VMFA. Despite having quite a large number of guests for the outdoor ceremony space, the staff helped us set up the space and we were able to fit everyone. The courtyard gave our ceremony a lovely, intimate feel. We had so many guests comments on how much they enjoyed staying in a hotel with more character and Richmond history. Also, the bridal suite is absolutely beautiful. Thank you again!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Katherine · Married on 09/22/2012

When my DJ showed up 1.5 hours late, the Inn graciously gave me another hour, free of charge because they understood how much it took away from the day. Susie in the Sales department is amazing and so nice. She was so helpful and made all the arrangements so easy.

Sent on 11/17/2012

Joanna · Married on 06/30/2012

I was so thrilled with my wedding at this venue. Susie & her team were amazing. I was over 3,000 miles away and they always were prompt with their replies. The venue was PERFECT and such a great value. It was so convenient to be able to have our guests stay at this antique hotel. The court yard was a beautiful, unique and intimate. I would recommend this venue to all brides that are looking the perfect blend between the old and the new.

Sent on 07/15/2012

Melissa · Married on 03/24/2018

We had the most perfect wedding at Linden Row Inn. The courtyard is gorgeous and unique and the suites are spectacular. Casey was fantastic during the planning process. She’s super responsive and helpful. When Mother Nature decided to not cooperate the week of our wedding, Casey was so helpful in completely redesigning our floor plan to accommodate our tent. It’s a wonderful place to hold a wedding with lots of out of town guests as everything is all in one spot.

Sent on 04/06/2018
    Linden Row Inn 11
    Linden Row Inn 12
    Linden Row Inn 13
    Linden Row Inn 14

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2017

Booked Linden Row for our wedding ceremony in early May and absolutely adored every minute of it. Struggled with the fact that it is enforced that you cater through Urban Farmhouse (who is extremely pricey), but well worth working with Casey for our special day. She's an absolute dream. Luckily got a group rate for having our guests stay (because it runs pricey otherwise), but would absolutely recommend this as a wedding venue and staying in the King Parlour Suite (holy amazing!)

Sent on 05/30/2017

Hannah · Married on 10/22/2016

4.2
      3.0

We had THE BEST wedding day at Linden Row Inn. If you are looking for a charming, intimate and historic atmosphere this is the place for you. Our wedding day was without tenting, thank goodness because the large tree in the courtyard, brick surrounds and festoon lights created a sparkling ceiling in the open air. HIGHLY RECOMMEND the bridal suite for getting ready in the morning. It has all the charm.

Sent on 09/05/2017