Lin Pernille Photography Reviews

38 | Peekskill, NY

38 Reviews for Lin Pernille Photography

Katie O. · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Lin for President

Lin is truly incredible, and captures all the magic of your very special day! Lin came highly recommended to us by our photographer. From the onset, her organic, beautiful style and wide variety of options made her stand out from the crowd. She quickly became the only person who we would trust to capture all the moments in action of our big day. Having the full footage of our ceremony to watch and cherish for years to come was incredibly important to us. (We have fond memories of popping in the video of our parents' wedding ceremonies and wanted to be able to do that with our family one day too!) We loved that the full ceremony was an option that Lin provides, as to us it was the absolute heart of our wedding, and seemed so rare with the emphasis on Hollywood movie trailers and drone footage options of other videographers. My best friend was getting married around the same time and said all she really wanted was footage of the ceremony too, but could not find someone who did that! I told her about Lin, and she booked her for her own wedding the month after ours! Lin is a gift that keeps on giving.

Lin is incredibly talented, but she is also thoughtful and kind. She will enrich your wedding experience with her calm and warm demeanor! Leading up to the wedding was a beautifully chaotic time, so receiving Lin's one month countdown package was an absolute delight and helped us slow down in the midst of the last nitty gritty of wedding planning. The day of the wedding, Lin worked seamlessly with the photographer, felt like another supportive friend cheering us on, and somehow even had a one-minute preview video playing on a loop at the bar before the reception even ended. (She might be a wizard! Amazing!) Afterwards, Lin was quick and thorough with sharing the rest of the videos with us, as we were dying to relive our magical day over and over again. She went above and beyond to even include a short little bonus video of a silly moment from the wedding. (We forgot the rings in the Maid of Honor's backpack - whoops!) Lin AGAIN sent the sweetest package with the final USB - popcorn, champagne, and some very thoughtful Irish Breakfast tea, since my husband and I met on St. Patrick's Day! Go, right now, and see if she's available. You won't regret it for a second. In fact, for years to come, you will be so thankful you did so.

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Moody · Getting married on 04/10/2021

The best microwedding experience!

We are SO happy we had Lin there to capture our "microwedding". She was very easy to plan with, super flexible and got to our first location way ahead of time. Although we had some hiccups during the day, Lin had the most positive attitude and kept us sane! Our families loved her too! She sent us a sneak peak that same night, and the rest of the photos were done SO fast - and they came out beautiful (despite it being a gloomy, rainy day). I can't say enough good things, and would definitely recommend Lin to any of my friends!

Sent on 10/26/2020

Michael Daly · Getting married on 02/08/2021

Amazing proposal photographer!!

Lin was an absolute pleasure to work with as I planned a surprise proposal for my girlfriend. Looking at her previous work, I picked out a location where she had shot previously and inquired as to whether she was available. She was very prompt in responding and clearly outlined several locations in the area that would be good places to pop the question. Leading up to the actual day she was very good with communicating and confirming timelines and details. On the day of she was at the location about an hour prior to when we got there so she could be all set up and have a good feel for the area. She did a great job capturing the moment I proposed and then took us to several different spots in the immediate area for photos after! She was very quick with sending the finalized photos to us and all in all was great to work with! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/18/2020
  • Michael

Michael Young · Getting married on 12/07/2020

Top notch service and outstanding photos!

We could not have asked for a better photographer or quality of such amazing photos with a wonderful kind service provided by Lin!

Sent on 09/21/2020

Jen Blajsa · Married on 11/07/2020

Book Lin right now!!!

We cannot say enough AMAZING things about Lin!!! I am still thankful everyday that I stumbled upon her instagram when we were searching for photographers for our wedding. Not only are her photos always gorgeous, but she adds many special touches along your engagement journey that you would never get with a big photography company!

We unfortunately had to alter our wedding plans this summer due to covid and ended up doing a "microwedding" with just our families. Leading up to making our decision, Lin not only acted as our photographer, but was there to help us figure out how to proceed. She was SO supportive and even created a special microwedding package for couples like us who still wanted to get married, but do everything at a smaller scale.

Fast forward to our wedding day and I am still in awe with how much Lin was able to capture in the two hours she was there. Our parents surprised us by organizing a wedding parade where we drove around the block and our friends, coworkers, and students were there to wish us their congratulations. Lin and her assistant jumped in the car with us and were able to capture all of our friends' faces/posters, which we cannot thank her enough for! All of the photos from the day are GORGEOUS! They make our backyard look like a professional wedding venue! She also put together the most perfect video of our ceremony and parade.

Lin is a major reason why our day was such a success! We are so thankful for her and even more grateful that we will be able to have her at our rescheduled reception next summer! :) You must use Lin!!! You will not regret it!

Sent on 09/18/2020
  • Nicholas

Nicholas Kung · Married on 01/08/2020

Incredible Gem

After a short hunt for a wedding photographer, my wife and I decided on Lin because she offered both photography and videography at a reasonable price. If we wanted a wedding video with other photographers we found that we would have to hire a separate videographer. I felt that keeping everything under one team would be simpler for everyone. Speaking of simpler times, my wife and I hired Lin in October 2019 and were married in August 2020. We had no idea how different the world would be or how lucky we were in choosing Lin.

While planning a wedding during a pandemic was stressful at times, we did not have to worry about our photography. Lin was extremely flexible with us in every aspect of the wedding. We pushed our engagement shoot four times. No problem. We had to change our wedding venue several times. No problem. Our guest count was reduced by 80%. No problem. By the spring of 2020, my wife and I knew we had made the right choice.

Lin even sends little gifts out of the blue while you countdown the day to your wedding to remind you that she’s thinking of you. I won’t ruin the surprise but these gifts are impressive to say the least.

On the wedding day, Lin’s team arrived on time and immediately settled our nerves with their calm and friendly demeanor. In the morning, while Lin was photographing the bridal party, the rest of her team was with me. Everyone was really sweet and I enjoyed chit chatting with them between photoshoots. At the end of the night, Lin prepared a slide deck of photo previews so we could see a sample of what we could expect from the final photo results.

I also want to emphasize how professional Lin and her team is on the wedding day. If you are wondering how serious they take the safety of the guests, let me tell you - They 100% do. I spent 10 hours with the team and I did not see their full faces until dinner because they were so disciplined about wearing a mask. My wife and I enforced strict mask wearing rules for all the guests and Lin’s team was most responsible.

A couple weeks after the wedding, Lin sent us links to our photos. As expected, they were exceptional. Guests who could only attend virtually told us that we had one of the most beautiful weddings they had ever seen. We’re pretty sure it’s because Lin’s photos made it appear that beautiful. The video highlight reel was just as outstanding. It was a real tear jerker and a wonderful piece to send to all the guests who were unable to come.

As mentioned before, my wife and I ended up having a much smaller wedding than we expected which meant that our costs were dramatically reduced. Lin’s photography ended up being the most expensive part of our wedding but it was still 100% worth it. My wife and I can not believe how lucky we were to have struck gold with Lin.

Sent on 09/19/2020
  • LAURA

LAURA · Married on 10/19/2019

Lin is excellent! She was affordable and easy to work with. My husband and I used her services for our civil marriage ceremony at City Hall in downtown Jersey City, NJ. As well as, our venue called the Liberty House. The photos taken on that special day reflected the beauty of venues and our intimate wedding party. She was always accessible via phone and email. Her website is a great resource to determine the type of wedding package appropriate for your event. Also, her home delivery of your photos will make you and you partner re-live your precious moment with a great smile across your face.

Sent on 11/27/2015
  • Joseph

Joseph · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing pictures and video!

We used Lin as our photographer for our engagement photos and wedding. We also used Lin as our videographer. We were so happy with our pictures and videos that we received from Lin. She was able to perfectly capture our wedding day. Lin was easy to work with, very professional and we would highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Bella · Married on 05/19/2019

Did not have to worry about anything!

Lin and her team were AMAZING!! We were so comfortable, and everything we asked she came through 100 percent!!!!! Our photos were so much more than what we thought, and our video was perfect for us to always remember our special day. I could not recommend Lin more than ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!! SHE IS LEGIT THE BEST AND I AMMMMMM SOOOOO HAPPPY WE WENT WITH HER. When I thought we didn't get a photo, Lin already got it. Our wedding day will forever be vivid by the hard work of Lin and her team.

Sent on 08/26/2019

Lesly · Married on 05/18/2019

Lin made the entire experience for us to be extremely memorable. From our first communications, she was extremely organized and professional. My fiancé and I agree how personable she was and made us feel truly special. I can’t thank her enough for helping organize the biggest day of my life! We are so happy to have these photos for the rest of our lives and can’t wait to get them developed!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Kunal Papaiya · Married on 10/30/2018

Lin is Fantastic!

Lin was nothing short of incredible in photographing a surprise proposal I had planned for my fiancé at a gallery! I hired Lin through a NY based photography company called Cinder & Co. and I’m so glad I did. The entire process of communicating and working with her was seamless. As others have pointed out, what stood out to me most about Lin was her professionalism, flexibility, and overall vibe. She even agreed to do a walkthrough at the gallery a few weeks before the big day, which I totally appreciated. The day of the proposal, all of our friends and family had nothing but positive things to say about Lin as she arrived at the gallery early to take photographs of all of them. Most importantly, the photographs she took of my fiancé and I are absolutely beautiful. If you are looking for a photographer for a surprise proposal, I highly recommend Lin Pernille!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Rhonda · Married on 05/26/2018

Lin did a fantastic job at my daughter's bridal shower. She covered every detail from beginning to end. The quality of the photos is amazing. She was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 04/27/2018

Catherine · Married on 10/21/2017

Lin was absolutely amazing! She captured exactly what I wanted for my special day. Thank you so much for taking perfect shots on my wedding day. Every time I look back at my photos, it really brings back the emotions I felt.

Sent on 01/28/2018

Destiny · Married on 10/07/2017

Lin was my photographer for my surprise proposal, engagement, AND my wedding. She was absolutely fantastic for each event! She was open to any and all ideas, it was so simple to coordinate with her and the best part is the product at the end. Pictures and video are absolutely flawless! She had a way of making us feel comfortable through the whole process and the only thing I didn’t stress about was her and the work she was doing. Wish I could give her 10 stars!

Sent on 01/12/2018

ASHLEY · Married on 09/17/2017

Get engaged and then hire Lin- for real, you'll be SO glad that you did!

Lin really customizes her services to her client- she truly takes pride in her work and makes the whole experience so personal. Lin did our engagement photos/video and our wedding photos/video and she surpassed all of our expectations. She is a one woman miracle!

Sent on 01/12/2018

Jessica · Married on 04/14/2017

Lin was AMAZING. She photographed our wedding on Friday night. She was there at 6:00 on the dot and was reading to start taking pictures right away. She answered my emails right away and followed all directions I had for her on that day. Lin was on the dance floor the entire reception getting all the pictures I had hoped for! I cannot wait to see how they came out. She was the best!

Sent on 04/17/2017

Neel · event on: 02/25/2017

Lin provided the photography services for a "pre-wedding" event we hosted for my sister. She was extremely professional AND personable. The quality of her pictures was fantastic and she turned them around within a week of the event. I highly recommend her for any event you may have....big fan!

Sent on 03/04/2017

Chad · Married on 11/05/2016

Lin was truly wonderful to work with – she kept us thoroughly informed about each and every detail that she would be working to capture on our special day from the moment we booked her. She was incredibly professional and prompt when she arrived at our venue the day of, and she was a master at directing all of us along to get the most optimal photos we could possibly have. Her turnaround time was fast and her finished work was astounding! As a photographer myself, I can appreciate exactly what amount of devotion, positive energy, and creativity are desired when working to capture a couple’s wedding day. Lin is an exemplary reflection of all of these things, and we were beyond pleased with everything she was able to offer us!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Kristen · Married on 10/16/2016

I do not have enough words to truly express how happy I am about having Lin and her partner, Clare shoot our wedding.

My husband and I are a very laid back couple and we wanted our wedding photos to be fun and informal, but also beautiful and timeless. These ladies somehow captured every moment and emotion perfectly in line with that vision. Lin knew I loved candids, so she shot candids. She knew I wanted specific photos with certain family members, so she shot us together. Whatever image I had envisioned, Lin and Clare made it a reality. Nothing seemed forced or staged.

Before the ceremony, Lin spent time in my room with my bridesmaids, my mother and I. Clare went to hang out with my husband and his guys. Lin fit right in with my bridal party. Her attitude throughout the entire process meant everything to me… she was positive, kind and professional which made everything seem so easy and relaxed. It felt as if she was simply a good friend that just happened to be great at photography. This calmed my wedding day nerves tremendously.

My husband and his groomsmen loved Clare. While taking pictures of everyone getting ready, she talked football and joked with them. That personal touch broke the ice and made them feel like she was just one of the guys. She kept them on track with timing and plans, but was also down to earth and flexible. All of the groomsmen were commenting on how "cool and chill" she was. There was never a moment where they were uncomfortable or felt awkward.

The photographs are magnificent. I still can’t wrap my head around how every single one is so beautiful. What matters most to my husband and I was that having Lin and Clare with us on our day allowed us to be true to ourselves and what we wanted. I would highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend this amazing team to any couple looking to create stunning visual memories that will last a lifetime, but who also want a real, human experience with their photographer. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/05/2016

Jackie · Married on 09/30/2016

Great photographer! Had my wedding on 9/30/16 She captured everything I wanted and took amazing pix! My husband is not good at posing so Lin was able to capture the natural moments of our wedding! We had 20 ppl in our wedding party and she was able to work with everyone smoothly! Amazing work and very professional!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Talia · Married on 09/18/2016

Lin was wonderful to work with! Her and her partner Leah were amazing from start to finish. Not only were they extremely professional, they made us feel comfortable the whole time and they captured every single detail without us even knowing they were there! All of our guests told us how wonderful they were. We just re-lived the best day of our lives through the pictures they took that were ready less than a month later! We're so happy we decided to have Lin as our photographer and would certainly recommend her for your event. Thanks Lin!!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Jennifer · Married on 02/20/2016

We learned of Lin Pernille through a friend who highly recommended her for photography for our wedding. We first met with Lin and found her to be extremely professional, highly detail oriented, and very flexible with different packages and customization. We both loved her photos and meeting with her left us feeling that we had made an excellent choice. Corresponding with her through email and phone was prompt and simple. She exceeded all our expectations and made the photography set-up a breeze. She even traveled from New Jersey to Baltimore for our wedding. She and her second photographer Julie were busy before, during, and after the wedding and captured personal family photos, big group shots, excellent candid pictures, and made excellent use of surroundings and lighting. We received the online photos two weeks after the wedding, and grew happier with every photo we scrolled through. It was a great experience seeing how our guests had so much fun at our wedding, and we have Lin and Julie to thank for capturing it all. We would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone in need of an excellent photographer!

Sent on 03/10/2016

Kathy · Married on 09/05/2015

Lin,
    Thank you so much for the box which arrived today with our flashdrive. What a lovely surprise!
    Your attention to detail and thoughtfulness in everything you did for us are truly appreciated.
    It was great working with you and we are really grateful for the care and concern you took in photographing our wedding.
    Thanks again!
    Kathy and Chris

Sent on 10/20/2015

nina · Married on 08/08/2015

linn was awesome! our wedding was perfectly photographed! so much so that my sister hired linn for her wedding! she is a lovely lady, was a pleasure to have easy manner & ever present smile- our wedding was small & intimate however between kids dogs dancing chaos, she just went about in her calm manner photographing picture after picture.....end result: lovely photos! bless her, she was wonderful. highly recommend!

Sent on 11/25/2015

Amy · Married on 08/01/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Lin! She and her assistant Jen captured every wonderful moment of our wedding day - even some we didn’t know about! All of the pictures are absolutely stunning and the wedding highlight video that she edited is awesome! It shows so many private laughs and smiles between my husband and myself when we didn’t realize she was filming us and we got to see more of the cocktail hour and reception that we couldn’t see on our wedding day. Lin was great to work with because I knew some of the shots I wanted which she made sure to get and she also had great ideas of her own. I am so glad that we picked Lin to capture our special day. For her talent, her prices are a steal and we have perfectly captured memories of the best day of our lives so far. Thank you so much Lin and Jen! You helped make our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 10/19/2015