Lin and Jirsa Photography Reviews

61 Reviews for Lin and Jirsa Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

61 Lin and Jirsa Photography Reviews

Atoosa · Married on 08/11/2018

Every single person at Lin and Jirsa was a joy to work with! We did our engagement photos with Brandon and then had Tim and Brandon on our wedding day. There is a reason why they are in such high demand! We just had our wedding last weekend and already 2 engaged couples have asked us for their info. Can’t say enough great things about them!

Jennifer · Married on 09/09/2017

Lin & Jirsa Photography & Cinematography were wonderful and exactly what we expected. The whole team was very friendly and personable. The videos were customizable to our exact liking - I especially love the highlight video so much! The photos were just as amazing. They brand themselves as "high end" because the quality and thought they put into the whole journey (from engagement to wedding) really shows. Genuine thanks to Bekka, Kiersten, Clarence, Joseph (please forgive me if your name is not on here)! WOW, we really had a giant production team just for us. We felt so special :)

Tori · Married on 06/17/2017

Every team member at Lin and Jirsa is great! Everyone was super nice and responded back to all our questions in a timely manner. Our main photographer was Joseph and he did a phenomenal job making my husband and I (who don't like getting our picture taken) feel very comfortable. We just got our pictures back and are over the moon! They are absolutely stunning and capture every moment of our magical day! We would highly recommend Lin and Jirsa!

Serena · Married on 06/03/2017

It was a pleasure to work with everyone we came into contact with at Lin and Jirsa, whether it was Justin and his team, the associates who shot our sangeet, and everyone we communicated with via email. Shout out to Emi! :) Everyone was so friendly, professional, and easy to work with. Justin not only made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, but also went above and beyond to make certain shots perfect. He is also very personable and fun, so much so that we feel like we gained a new friend! Despite the gloomy weather during our wedding, Justin and his team got many amazing shots and captured some moments in a way that made them even more beautiful in the photos than they probably looked in real life! I love the photos we received from Lin and Jirsa and would definitely recommend them to everyone!

Kristin · Married on 05/20/2017

Using Lin and Jirsa Photography was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! We booked the Associate package, and Nicole was amazing! All of the photographers were fun, professional, creative, and very easy to work with. Our photos are stunning and we have received endless compliments. We honestly could not be happier as our wedding day was captured perfectly. I will recommend Lin and Jirsa to all of my friends and family members!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Lin and Jirsa Photography's reply:

Kristin! Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved working with you and your wedding was absolutely stunning! Congratulations once again on your marriage!

paulette · Married on 12/16/2016

Before I was even engaged I knew that I HAD to get Lin and Jirsa as our photographers! Once we finally booked them they were so great in communicating with us. I was busy with school and was having a hard time trying to find out when we should do our engagement shoot, but they made it work even with last minute changes. We had Emily do our engagement and it was our first time doing any type of photography so we thought we were going to feel and look awkward, but she was so friendly and made us feel comfortable. Our engagement photos turned our amazing!

For our wedding we had Marcel as our lead shooter and he called us a couple days before the wedding to make sure he jot down all the looks we wanted. Talking to him made us feel at ease. He actually got us more excited for our wedding and to take pictures. The day of the wedding he was so nice, fast, and efficient. We were on a time crunch since some things were pushed back because of the rain, but we didn't feel worried at all with Marcel. He made everything work! We just received some sneak peak pictures and they were AMAZING!!! We cant wait to see the rest!

Albert · Married on 09/04/2016

I wanted to share that our Wedding went great, and even though it was a long and at times challenging day, Andrew and his team from Lin and Jirsa did a WONDERFUL JOB!!! He, Kevin, and Bilal were personable, professional, and made our Photo Shots and Experience a TRUE Pleasure!!! In truth, they kept us calm, collected, and comfortable... and they laughed at my dumb jokes! Most importantly, they brought they kept us on task... And although it took some time to get our final set of photos, they were simply incredible!!!
    THANKS AGAIN for the wonderful service, and helping us to forever record our memories!
    ALBERT & LAUREN

sanaz · Married on 07/16/2016

This team was by far the best team experience I had during the entire process of my wedding - They are AMAZING!!! I would never hire anyone else

Jenn · Married on 07/01/2016

I'm so glad I found Lin & Jirsa photography! I was looking for an epic style photographer and they delivered. This was my favorite wedding vendor. They were super attentive and professional leading up to my wedding day.

On my wedding day Chris and his assistants were amazing. So thoughtful, unobtrusive and friendly. I had guests tell me afterwards that they blended in so well and felt like guests. Even my now husband was super impressed.
    The teasers they've delivered so far are gorgeous. I cannot wait to get the full set. You cannot go wrong with these guys!

Tiffany · Married on 06/18/2016

My favorite vendor at my wedding was Lin & Jirsa! Working with everyone from the studio managers to the lead photographer and assistants was extremely easy. Their professionalism was on another level. Photography was #1 on my priority list and Lin & Jirsa delivered without a doubt. It was fun working with the team for both the engagement session and wedding day. Our lead photographer knew how to make my husband feel comfortable even though he is camera shy. They pay a lot of attention to your moodboard and make sure they take pictures aligned with your vision. Even though they only took pictures at our venue once, they did an amazing job scouting and finding unique spots. You won't regret booking them! (P.S. Chris and Marcel - you guys were awesome!)

Shiba · Married on 06/17/2016

Lin & Jirsa is composed of a group of amazing photographers and videographers who produce top-notch photos & videos. But not only are they awesome at what they do, but they also have the most amazing personalities & presence! It was such a pleasure to work with these guys, & I would recommend them to anyone & everyone I know.
    We were lucky enough to work with Chris from Lin & Jirsa and his team for both engagement & wedding photos, & David & his team for wedding videography. We honestly could not be happier!
    Starting with engagement photos. Chris & his assistant went above & beyond to capture the perfect shots. I'm not kidding when I say they literally fluffed my dress, fixed our hair, climbed rocks at the beach, & even went waist deep into ocean water trying to get the perfect shot! Chris is amazing -just when you think he's probably exhausted from shooting for hours, he asks you if you're open to taking a few last shots. It's so awesome when your photographer is 10x more committed & invested than even you are when it comes to getting "the shot".
    After finishing our engagement shoot I thought "this guy is amazing". Hard to believe that he topped himself at the wedding! He was enthusiastic but calming at the same time. For a busy bride with a packed bridal suite hours before the wedding, that combination is priceless. He captures the mood & storyline of the day with ease. He is a true artist and we are so lucky we got to work with him and his team. Our photos are perfect -we couldn't be more thrilled with how everything turned out!
    Not only are the photographers and videographers awesome, the entire Lin & Jirsa staff are equally amazing. I was lucky enough to work with both Jackie & Leslie. We talked via email & phone for the last year. They walked us through every step of the process -booking the team, talking about timelines, getting hair/makeup advice, etc. They were incredibly prompt, informative, and responsive.Can't say enough about the entire team!

• LiuTimesTwo

Grace · Married on 04/02/2016

I have been so pleased with Lin and Jirsa Photography. I booked them after reviewing a lot of their work on Pinterest, their website and blog. So far we've gotten our engagement pictures back and they are AMAZING! And the booking process has been a lot easier than a lot of other vendors. They are patient and easy and thorough. Instead of me having to ask specific questions, they address many issues that I don't even think about like, how many outfit changes, what time to start, etc...

Our photographer for engagement session is Sarah and our wedding day photographer will be Pye. I am eagerly looking forward to all of our festivities coming up and know that they will just be cherished in print forever. I can't wait. Highly recommend LJP for their friendliness, quality of work and ease of correspondence (especially during this hectic wedding planning time). Anything that makes my to-do less stressful is a 5-star in my book.

• JessBaran

Jessica · Married on 03/19/2016

I had a great experience with Lin and Jirsa Photography. Booking them was SO easy and they have so many different packages available to meet your financial needs. Even if they don't have a package that has exactly what you want, they will customize one for you. There is no question that LJP is the best in the industry. They respond very promptly to emails and if there is any issue, they resolve it right away. They truly want to make you happy. Onto the photography itself, Andrew was our lead photographer and he was amazing. He is very artistic and pays attention to detail. My husband and I are not comfortable in front of the camera and don't really like to take pictures, so Andrew was very patient with us and made it as painless as possible. He got some amazing shots, but my favorites were the candid ones. Andrew and his two assistants did an amazing job at capturing the moments. We didn't have a videographer, but with the pictures we got we didn't need it. He really told the story of our day through the pictures. Lastly, we got married on Saturday, March 19th, and received all of our images on Friday, April 1st. Less than 2 weeks after the wedding. We technically got married before the busy wedding season, but still they originally told me 4-6 weeks and we got them in less than 2 so I was very happy with that!!!! Anyway, great service, great work, and I recommend them to everyone!

Jamie-Dee · Married on 12/06/2015

We hired Lin & Jirsa for our wedding photographers after much research. After viewing Lin & Jirsa's photographs I knew I had to have them for our special day. We were on a tight budget but did not want to compromise on photography since it is a HUGE part of a wedding. We worked with Jackie, the studio manager, on a package that fit into our budget. They were so accommodating and very prompt with all responses. We always felt very well taken care of and like they had everything under control. Our wedding day photographer was Nicole and she was so professional but still very personable. She made us feel relaxed and we knew that she had everything under control. Our wedding photos are absolutely stunning! I can't say enough great things about this company. Although they handle many clients they made us feel special and kept us in the loop with every step. I 100% recommend hiring them for any occasion. Thank you Lin & Jirsa!!

Erica · Married on 10/10/2015

Our photos are amazing and Sarah Hurley made us feel very comfortable. Thank you for an amazing job!

Amazing quality and great professionalism. Very friendly and reliable people. Highly recommend.

melody · Married on 08/15/2015

When looking for a wedding photographer, I think I went through hundreds of options. Ones I was referred to by friends, family and other brides. Ones I found on yelp, IG, thumbtack and just by googling. None compared to when I came across Lin & Jirsa. Their pictures were out of this world. Their website answered questions I didn't even think to ask and they responded so quickly to every email or call I made. I first was in touch with Jackie and Yoko who are just exceptional. So nice, so helpful. They helped me find the perfect wedding package that fit exactly what I was looking for. They had me create a mood board for my dream wedding pictures and encouraged me to add as many pictures as I wanted and helped me put together my day of timeline (which I found to be the hardest part of wedding planning).

Our main photographer was Marcel who we had the pleasure of speaking with for over an hour about who we were as a couple, what styles we were looking for, and going over everything such patience and expertise. I was so impressed and just so relieved. I knew I had nothing to worry about. Marcel, Dean and Maria showed up early and I was so surprised to find that Marcel had looked through my entire mood board and knew all the pictures I wanted and made sure I got them! He is such an artist, so sweet and so dedicated to his work. He made me so confident when taking pictures. My fiance hates to take pictures but Marcel put him at ease and at the end he actually was into taking them! He even texted me the next day to thank me and wish me so much love and success with my marriage. Dean and Maria were also so sweet, so helpful, and wonderful.

We haven't gotten the pictures back yet because its only been a week since the wedding but what I got to see on the camera was breathtaking! I would recommend Lin & Jirsa to everyone! I can't imagine a company more organize, thoughtful, professional and talented.

Jackie · Married on 06/06/2015

Photographers were the first vendor we looked for after we had the venue, we met with several and ended up choosing Lin & Jirsa. At the time I thought it was very expensive- it was more than the other offers I got, but I really liked their photojournalistic style so I went with it. A few months later we actually added on cinematography as well. I would 100% recommend getting both from Lin & Jirsa, seeing them work together it made it evident that they need to come from the same company. I didn't know what to expect from them on the day of the wedding, but I had heard good things. In the early afternoon of our wedding they came to our respective hotel rooms (3 people to each- 1 lead photographer, 1 lighting, and 1 video), and they took over. It was unbelievable how on top of things they were, I can't even describe it you will have to see for yourself. There were so many of them they were capturing every detail every moment it was amazing. I got SO many compliments on the photography team. It was so nice to know we had that covered and I didn't have to worry about it. For example: at one point at the reception my 95-year-old grandma came onto the dance floor and was dancing with me and my mom, for a second I was worried thinking oh I wish Sarah was here to get this! Then I looked up and bam she was already there- it was a great feeling and it let me just enjoy the moment! Lin & Jirsa was worth every penny, I cannot stress enough how impressed I was with them.

The nicest, most professional group of people I have met. What an utter pleasure to work with, cannot wait to have babies and work with these great guys and girls again! Tim Kwon is a master videographer, and Joseph Anthony is a great photographer who captures candid and high fashion shots with great ease. These two made our wedding such a memorable event for us!

Rubie · Married on 01/02/2015

I loved working with their associate, Andrew and assistant, Karen. From the beginning, they were very easy to get a hold of and work with. There were a lot of emails going back and forth to get exactly what my husband and I wanted and they responded very quickly. On the day of our shoot, they made us feel so comfortable. They told us it would take a couple weeks to get the pictures to us so I was shocked it have the pictures in just a few days. They said it was a slow time for weddings and such. our pictures turned out so beautiful! I would love to work with this vendor for any upcoming event and I would highly recommend this vendor.

Tracy · Married on 10/18/2014

We worked for months to pull off one of the greatest moments of our lives... Our wedding day. But this wasn't just any wedding... We were having a flash wedding... Surprise! Not a single person besides ourselves and our planners were aware of these plans. So to have such amazing photographers capture every moment was crucial. We were incredibly fortunate to have an amazing team with us. "One take Timmy" Tim, our lead shooter, not only gave us amazing photos but he was engaging, professional and enthusiastic throughout the day. He was willing to run around, sit in the middle of traffic or lay down on the streets of LA to make sure he got the shots. He was just phenomenal. Not only did we have a great first shooter, we had two equally fantastic LJP team members with us to capture everything. Andrew was our second shooter and Karen our lighting assistant. These two were everywhere! Making sure to capture moments that we may have missed and find the perfect setting for photos. This team not only came early but they stayed late to make sure they caught all the greatest moments of our wedding day and night. We were very lucky to have a team who knew how to handle a very excited group of unsuspecting guests who truly love photos of themselves and a happily overwhelmed couple of newly weds on a most memorable day. Thank you Tim, Andrew and Karen for capturing all the precious moments of our flash wedding day. You really are wonderful people who've made a newlywed bride incredibly happy. Thank you thank you

Tracey · Married on 09/13/2014

Lin and Jirsa's team does amazing work! Our photos for our wedding and our engagement pictures turned out beautifully! We will forever have beautiful memories of our special day thanks to Lin and Jirsa!

Kelsey · Married on 09/06/2014

Lin and Jirsa are amazing! Their photos are not your traditional wedding photos, which was very appealing to my husband and me when we were looking for a wedding photographer. They are creative; modern and they focus on the post-production of the pictures, which is what sets them apart from all the other photographers out there. Our photographers were Tim and Emily and they did a fabulous job! Everyone was so helpful during the process- From Jackie the Studio Manager, to her Assistant Kaylee and the whole post-production team. It was such a pleasure working with everyone.

Amy · Married on 05/25/2014

One of our best wedding decisions was hiring Lin & Jirsa as our photographer! They have lead (Lin & Jirsa) and associate photographers, and we opted for the lather due to our budget. Believe me. The quality, creativity, portrait and candid shots were all still amazing. We are beyond thrilled with our engagement and wedding photos. All the sample photos that you've seen are very similar to the type of photos that we received. :)

Sara Hurley was our associate photographer while Maria Fameron and Nicole (?) were the assistant photographers. They were all a joy to work with and very professional. On the wedding day, they were early and spent time reviewing the venue and notes I had provided them. I created a Pinterest page that captured examples of wedding images that I liked, and they did a great job capturing those same styles and key moments.

Maria was also our wedding album designer. Yay! With so many amazing photos to choose from, it was very hard to narrow down just a few to put into our 10-spread album. She was very patient and flexible throughout the process, providing several rounds of layout options. She was great! :) As a precaution to future newly weds, 10 spreads is not enough and adding additional spreads can add up A LOT. :(

Overall, we are very happy with Lin & Jirsa and definitely recommend them!

After reviewing several photographers and speaking with many on the phone, we chose Lin & Jirsa for our in person interview. We requested a photographer who not only had experience filming Persian ceremonies (my mom is Persian), but Persian-American weddings. Matthew was recommended to us. We met with Matt and hit it off instantly. He was very laid back, had an impressive portfolio, plenty of experience and could tell exactly what we were looking for. We had already shot our engagement photos so we were a bit worried about how working with him for the first time on the day of the wedding would be, but we had nothing to worry about! Matt and Leujay were amazing and did a wonderful job shooting the details of our wedding. Some of the shots were absolutely breathtaking! The editing was great and we received our pictures within a month. All of our friends and family have commented on how amazing our wedding photos are! Everyone we've worked with at Lin & Jirsa have been accommodating and a pleasure to work with. After the wedding, aside from a new spouse, amazing memories and some new bling, all you have left are your pictures. Even if you skimp on other things, don't skimp on the photographer! You won't regret it!