59 Reviews for Lin and Jirsa Photography

Second Shooter (2)
Proofs (2)
Liability Insurance (1)

4.7

Our experience: My husband and I had a blast working with Lin and Jirsa. Our photographers were Brandon, Erin and I think his name was Max? (Sorry if I got the name wrong!!) They were fantastic. Very easy to work with and receptive of ideas. We vibed very well with them.

Prior to our wedding day I had chatted with Brandon in regards to specific shot lists I had in mind. He was so great as to try to capture them all day of. And I really appreciated his openness to that.

Why I picked Lin & Jirsa:
-I love that Lin and Jirsa provides three photographers. And the price is quite reasonable for them. My husband and I had a 300 people wedding so it was important to us that we had more photographers to not only capture all the events happening but also our guests enjoying themselves, specifically our family members.
-I really enjoy the look of the photographs: it's always so bright and golden but not over-exposed.
-They take great indoor photographs. For me it was important that whichever photographer I picked did a good job capturing moments under dim conditions. And they nailed it.
-They also do an amazing job capturing posed and candids.

Rooms for Improvement:
There's no such thing as a perfect vendor, so my only experience where I felt could've used some more improvement was they could do a bit more micro-management on details. Ie: if you notice my ring is crooked please fix it prior to taking a photograph, telling people how to pose if what they're doing is unflattering, telling people where to stand, etc.

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/22/18, 1 Review
Services Used: One Event/Day, Digital Files

Every team member at Lin and Jirsa is great! Everyone was super nice and responded back to all our questions in a timely manner. Our main photographer was Joseph and he did a phenomenal job making my husband and I (who don't like getting our picture taken) feel very comfortable. We just got our pictures back and are over the moon! They are absolutely stunning and capture every moment of our magical day! We would highly recommend Lin and Jirsa!

Profile Picture Tori, 6/17/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Second Shooter

It was a pleasure to work with everyone we came into contact with at Lin and Jirsa, whether it was Justin and his team, the associates who shot our sangeet, and everyone we communicated with via email. Shout out to Emi! :) Everyone was so friendly, professional, and easy to work with. Justin not only made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, but also went above and beyond to make certain shots perfect. He is also very personable and fun, so much so that we feel like we gained a new friend! Despite the gloomy weather during our wedding, Justin and his team got many amazing shots and captured some moments in a way that made them even more beautiful in the photos than they probably looked in real life! I love the photos we received from Lin and Jirsa and would definitely recommend them to everyone!

Profile Picture Serena, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Using Lin and Jirsa Photography was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! We booked the Associate package, and Nicole was amazing! All of the photographers were fun, professional, creative, and very easy to work with. Our photos are stunning and we have received endless compliments. We honestly could not be happier as our wedding day was captured perfectly. I will recommend Lin and Jirsa to all of my friends and family members!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kristin, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Digital Files

Before I was even engaged I knew that I HAD to get Lin and Jirsa as our photographers! Once we finally booked them they were so great in communicating with us. I was busy with school and was having a hard time trying to find out when we should do our engagement shoot, but they made it work even with last minute changes. We had Emily do our engagement and it was our first time doing any type of photography so we thought we were going to feel and look awkward, but she was so friendly and made us feel comfortable. Our engagement photos turned our amazing!

For our wedding we had Marcel as our lead shooter and he called us a couple days before the wedding to make sure he jot down all the looks we wanted. Talking to him made us feel at ease. He actually got us more excited for our wedding and to take pictures. The day of the wedding he was so nice, fast, and efficient. We were on a time crunch since some things were pushed back because of the rain, but we didn't feel worried at all with Marcel. He made everything work! We just received some sneak peak pictures and they were AMAZING!!! We cant wait to see the rest!

Profile Picture paulette, 12/16/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

I wanted to share that our Wedding went great, and even though it was a long and at times challenging day, Andrew and his team from Lin and Jirsa did a WONDERFUL JOB!!! He, Kevin, and Bilal were personable, professional, and made our Photo Shots and Experience a TRUE Pleasure!!! In truth, they kept us calm, collected, and comfortable... and they laughed at my dumb jokes! Most importantly, they brought they kept us on task... And although it took some time to get our final set of photos, they were simply incredible!!!
THANKS AGAIN for the wonderful service, and helping us to forever record our memories!
ALBERT & LAUREN

Profile Picture Albert, 9/4/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Photography

This team was by far the best team experience I had during the entire process of my wedding - They are AMAZING!!! I would never hire anyone else

Profile Picture sanaz, 7/16/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

I'm so glad I found Lin & Jirsa photography! I was looking for an epic style photographer and they delivered. This was my favorite wedding vendor. They were super attentive and professional leading up to my wedding day.

On my wedding day Chris and his assistants were amazing. So thoughtful, unobtrusive and friendly. I had guests tell me afterwards that they blended in so well and felt like guests. Even my now husband was super impressed.
The teasers they've delivered so far are gorgeous. I cannot wait to get the full set. You cannot go wrong with these guys!

Profile Picture Jenn, 7/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

My favorite vendor at my wedding was Lin & Jirsa! Working with everyone from the studio managers to the lead photographer and assistants was extremely easy. Their professionalism was on another level. Photography was #1 on my priority list and Lin & Jirsa delivered without a doubt. It was fun working with the team for both the engagement session and wedding day. Our lead photographer knew how to make my husband feel comfortable even though he is camera shy. They pay a lot of attention to your moodboard and make sure they take pictures aligned with your vision. Even though they only took pictures at our venue once, they did an amazing job scouting and finding unique spots. You won't regret booking them! (P.S. Chris and Marcel - you guys were awesome!)

Profile Picture Tiffany, 6/18/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files

Lin & Jirsa is composed of a group of amazing photographers and videographers who produce top-notch photos & videos. But not only are they awesome at what they do, but they also have the most amazing personalities & presence! It was such a pleasure to work with these guys, & I would recommend them to anyone & everyone I know.
We were lucky enough to work with Chris from Lin & Jirsa and his team for both engagement & wedding photos, & David & his team for wedding videography. We honestly could not be happier!
Starting with engagement photos. Chris & his assistant went above & beyond to capture the perfect shots. I'm not kidding when I say they literally fluffed my dress, fixed our hair, climbed rocks at the beach, & even went waist deep into ocean water trying to get the perfect shot! Chris is amazing -just when you think he's probably exhausted from shooting for hours, he asks you if you're open to taking a few last shots. It's so awesome when your photographer is 10x more committed & invested than even you are when it comes to getting "the shot".
After finishing our engagement shoot I thought "this guy is amazing". Hard to believe that he topped himself at the wedding! He was enthusiastic but calming at the same time. For a busy bride with a packed bridal suite hours before the wedding, that combination is priceless. He captures the mood & storyline of the day with ease. He is a true artist and we are so lucky we got to work with him and his team. Our photos are perfect -we couldn't be more thrilled with how everything turned out!
Not only are the photographers and videographers awesome, the entire Lin & Jirsa staff are equally amazing. I was lucky enough to work with both Jackie & Leslie. We talked via email & phone for the last year. They walked us through every step of the process -booking the team, talking about timelines, getting hair/makeup advice, etc. They were incredibly prompt, informative, and responsive.Can't say enough about the entire team!

Profile Picture User5060889, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

I have been so pleased with Lin and Jirsa Photography. I booked them after reviewing a lot of their work on Pinterest, their website and blog. So far we've gotten our engagement pictures back and they are AMAZING! And the booking process has been a lot easier than a lot of other vendors. They are patient and easy and thorough. Instead of me having to ask specific questions, they address many issues that I don't even think about like, how many outfit changes, what time to start, etc...

Our photographer for engagement session is Sarah and our wedding day photographer will be Pye. I am eagerly looking forward to all of our festivities coming up and know that they will just be cherished in print forever. I can't wait. Highly recommend LJP for their friendliness, quality of work and ease of correspondence (especially during this hectic wedding planning time). Anything that makes my to-do less stressful is a 5-star in my book.

Profile Picture Grace, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I had a great experience with Lin and Jirsa Photography. Booking them was SO easy and they have so many different packages available to meet your financial needs. Even if they don't have a package that has exactly what you want, they will customize one for you. There is no question that LJP is the best in the industry. They respond very promptly to emails and if there is any issue, they resolve it right away. They truly want to make you happy. Onto the photography itself, Andrew was our lead photographer and he was amazing. He is very artistic and pays attention to detail. My husband and I are not comfortable in front of the camera and don't really like to take pictures, so Andrew was very patient with us and made it as painless as possible. He got some amazing shots, but my favorites were the candid ones. Andrew and his two assistants did an amazing job at capturing the moments. We didn't have a videographer, but with the pictures we got we didn't need it. He really told the story of our day through the pictures. Lastly, we got married on Saturday, March 19th, and received all of our images on Friday, April 1st. Less than 2 weeks after the wedding. We technically got married before the busy wedding season, but still they originally told me 4-6 weeks and we got them in less than 2 so I was very happy with that!!!! Anyway, great service, great work, and I recommend them to everyone!

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/19/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Proofs, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

We hired Lin & Jirsa for our wedding photographers after much research. After viewing Lin & Jirsa's photographs I knew I had to have them for our special day. We were on a tight budget but did not want to compromise on photography since it is a HUGE part of a wedding. We worked with Jackie, the studio manager, on a package that fit into our budget. They were so accommodating and very prompt with all responses. We always felt very well taken care of and like they had everything under control. Our wedding day photographer was Nicole and she was so professional but still very personable. She made us feel relaxed and we knew that she had everything under control. Our wedding photos are absolutely stunning! I can't say enough great things about this company. Although they handle many clients they made us feel special and kept us in the loop with every step. I 100% recommend hiring them for any occasion. Thank you Lin & Jirsa!!

Profile Picture Jamie-Dee, 12/6/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Our photos are amazing and Sarah Hurley made us feel very comfortable. Thank you for an amazing job!

Profile Picture Erica, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Proofs, High-Res Images

Amazing quality and great professionalism. Very friendly and reliable people. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture User5505731, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

When looking for a wedding photographer, I think I went through hundreds of options. Ones I was referred to by friends, family and other brides. Ones I found on yelp, IG, thumbtack and just by googling. None compared to when I came across Lin & Jirsa. Their pictures were out of this world. Their website answered questions I didn't even think to ask and they responded so quickly to every email or call I made. I first was in touch with Jackie and Yoko who are just exceptional. So nice, so helpful. They helped me find the perfect wedding package that fit exactly what I was looking for. They had me create a mood board for my dream wedding pictures and encouraged me to add as many pictures as I wanted and helped me put together my day of timeline (which I found to be the hardest part of wedding planning).

Our main photographer was Marcel who we had the pleasure of speaking with for over an hour about who we were as a couple, what styles we were looking for, and going over everything such patience and expertise. I was so impressed and just so relieved. I knew I had nothing to worry about. Marcel, Dean and Maria showed up early and I was so surprised to find that Marcel had looked through my entire mood board and knew all the pictures I wanted and made sure I got them! He is such an artist, so sweet and so dedicated to his work. He made me so confident when taking pictures. My fiance hates to take pictures but Marcel put him at ease and at the end he actually was into taking them! He even texted me the next day to thank me and wish me so much love and success with my marriage. Dean and Maria were also so sweet, so helpful, and wonderful.

We haven't gotten the pictures back yet because its only been a week since the wedding but what I got to see on the camera was breathtaking! I would recommend Lin & Jirsa to everyone! I can't imagine a company more organize, thoughtful, professional and talented.

Profile Picture melody, 8/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Photographers were the first vendor we looked for after we had the venue, we met with several and ended up choosing Lin & Jirsa. At the time I thought it was very expensive- it was more than the other offers I got, but I really liked their photojournalistic style so I went with it. A few months later we actually added on cinematography as well. I would 100% recommend getting both from Lin & Jirsa, seeing them work together it made it evident that they need to come from the same company. I didn't know what to expect from them on the day of the wedding, but I had heard good things. In the early afternoon of our wedding they came to our respective hotel rooms (3 people to each- 1 lead photographer, 1 lighting, and 1 video), and they took over. It was unbelievable how on top of things they were, I can't even describe it you will have to see for yourself. There were so many of them they were capturing every detail every moment it was amazing. I got SO many compliments on the photography team. It was so nice to know we had that covered and I didn't have to worry about it. For example: at one point at the reception my 95-year-old grandma came onto the dance floor and was dancing with me and my mom, for a second I was worried thinking oh I wish Sarah was here to get this! Then I looked up and bam she was already there- it was a great feeling and it let me just enjoy the moment! Lin & Jirsa was worth every penny, I cannot stress enough how impressed I was with them.

Profile Picture Jackie, 6/6/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

The nicest, most professional group of people I have met. What an utter pleasure to work with, cannot wait to have babies and work with these great guys and girls again! Tim Kwon is a master videographer, and Joseph Anthony is a great photographer who captures candid and high fashion shots with great ease. These two made our wedding such a memorable event for us!

Profile Picture User4580359, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

I loved working with their associate, Andrew and assistant, Karen. From the beginning, they were very easy to get a hold of and work with. There were a lot of emails going back and forth to get exactly what my husband and I wanted and they responded very quickly. On the day of our shoot, they made us feel so comfortable. They told us it would take a couple weeks to get the pictures to us so I was shocked it have the pictures in just a few days. They said it was a slow time for weddings and such. our pictures turned out so beautiful! I would love to work with this vendor for any upcoming event and I would highly recommend this vendor.

Profile Picture Rubie, 1/2/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We worked for months to pull off one of the greatest moments of our lives... Our wedding day. But this wasn't just any wedding... We were having a flash wedding... Surprise! Not a single person besides ourselves and our planners were aware of these plans. So to have such amazing photographers capture every moment was crucial. We were incredibly fortunate to have an amazing team with us. "One take Timmy" Tim, our lead shooter, not only gave us amazing photos but he was engaging, professional and enthusiastic throughout the day. He was willing to run around, sit in the middle of traffic or lay down on the streets of LA to make sure he got the shots. He was just phenomenal. Not only did we have a great first shooter, we had two equally fantastic LJP team members with us to capture everything. Andrew was our second shooter and Karen our lighting assistant. These two were everywhere! Making sure to capture moments that we may have missed and find the perfect setting for photos. This team not only came early but they stayed late to make sure they caught all the greatest moments of our wedding day and night. We were very lucky to have a team who knew how to handle a very excited group of unsuspecting guests who truly love photos of themselves and a happily overwhelmed couple of newly weds on a most memorable day. Thank you Tim, Andrew and Karen for capturing all the precious moments of our flash wedding day. You really are wonderful people who've made a newlywed bride incredibly happy. Thank you thank you

Profile Picture Tracy, 10/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Lin and Jirsa's team does amazing work! Our photos for our wedding and our engagement pictures turned out beautifully! We will forever have beautiful memories of our special day thanks to Lin and Jirsa!

Profile Picture Tracey, 9/13/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Lin and Jirsa are amazing! Their photos are not your traditional wedding photos, which was very appealing to my husband and me when we were looking for a wedding photographer. They are creative; modern and they focus on the post-production of the pictures, which is what sets them apart from all the other photographers out there. Our photographers were Tim and Emily and they did a fabulous job! Everyone was so helpful during the process- From Jackie the Studio Manager, to her Assistant Kaylee and the whole post-production team. It was such a pleasure working with everyone.

Profile Picture Kelsey , 9/6/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

One of our best wedding decisions was hiring Lin & Jirsa as our photographer! They have lead (Lin & Jirsa) and associate photographers, and we opted for the lather due to our budget. Believe me. The quality, creativity, portrait and candid shots were all still amazing. We are beyond thrilled with our engagement and wedding photos. All the sample photos that you've seen are very similar to the type of photos that we received. :)

Sara Hurley was our associate photographer while Maria Fameron and Nicole (?) were the assistant photographers. They were all a joy to work with and very professional. On the wedding day, they were early and spent time reviewing the venue and notes I had provided them. I created a Pinterest page that captured examples of wedding images that I liked, and they did a great job capturing those same styles and key moments.

Maria was also our wedding album designer. Yay! With so many amazing photos to choose from, it was very hard to narrow down just a few to put into our 10-spread album. She was very patient and flexible throughout the process, providing several rounds of layout options. She was great! :) As a precaution to future newly weds, 10 spreads is not enough and adding additional spreads can add up A LOT. :(

Overall, we are very happy with Lin & Jirsa and definitely recommend them!

Profile Picture Amy, 5/25/14, 2 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files

After reviewing several photographers and speaking with many on the phone, we chose Lin & Jirsa for our in person interview. We requested a photographer who not only had experience filming Persian ceremonies (my mom is Persian), but Persian-American weddings. Matthew was recommended to us. We met with Matt and hit it off instantly. He was very laid back, had an impressive portfolio, plenty of experience and could tell exactly what we were looking for. We had already shot our engagement photos so we were a bit worried about how working with him for the first time on the day of the wedding would be, but we had nothing to worry about! Matt and Leujay were amazing and did a wonderful job shooting the details of our wedding. Some of the shots were absolutely breathtaking! The editing was great and we received our pictures within a month. All of our friends and family have commented on how amazing our wedding photos are! Everyone we've worked with at Lin & Jirsa have been accommodating and a pleasure to work with. After the wedding, aside from a new spouse, amazing memories and some new bling, all you have left are your pictures. Even if you skimp on other things, don't skimp on the photographer! You won't regret it!

Profile Picture Hadiss, 5/23/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

When we were deciding who to choose for a photographer Lin and Jirsa's photos kept popping up on our searches. When we met with Pye Jirsa he was so fun and easy going we knew we had found our photographer. From the engagement photoshoot to the wedding portraits Pye and his team couldn't have done any better. My husband is not the most comfortable in front of the camera but, Pye's laid back yet professional personality got my husband to loosen up and as a result our wedding photos were outstanding. They really understood our personality and let that shine through, the result are photos that are more beautiful than I can even remember the wedding being. Our guests continue to be impressed with the photos they've seen. Lin and Jirsa are a great value as well, they may initially come in higher than other photographers but, the fact that a lighting assistant is included in the pricing makes all the difference. The angles and light that were captured were unbelievable. At the end of the day you don't have to pay for extra editing or retouching because the way that they shoot the photos in the first place it is not needed. Thank you Pye for capturing our big day so well!

Profile Picture Starr, 5/17/14, 17 Reviews