Limelight Entertainment Reviews

257 | Howell, NJ

257 Reviews for Limelight Entertainment

Tom J. · Married on 07/24/2020

Limelight is the best!

Chris and his crew made our wedding so great. During these crazy times he helped create some normalcy for us. He also accommodated all of our quirks. I’ll definitely recommend Limelight to anyone who is looking for a great DJ.

Sent on 08/10/2020

Kate M. · Married on 07/11/2020

Best DJ Ever!

Chris and his team at Limelight made our night so special. They delivered a party I didn’t think was imaginable. With the pandemic craziness they were so great to work with and helped plan our micro wedding in a week. Our guests LOVED the music and were getting rave reviews from them all night long. The next morning my neighbor even walked over to comment on how good the music was. If you are looking for a truly great party, hire limelight, they will not disappoint!!!!!

Sent on 07/16/2020

Rebecca K. · Married on 06/27/2020

Covid Wedding

Limelight was awesome to deal with. My husband and I had to postpone the wedding due to Covid. We postponed for this coming May. However we started to panic when numbers started rising and made a last minute decision to have our wedding on October 30th. We gave Chris two weeks notice and he was able to accommodate us! We had told him we just wanted cocktail hour like music for the three hours. We didn’t think we would have dancing. Once people got up and started dancing he adjusted the music to be more upbeat. Chris was awesome and so accommodating. We would definitely recommend Chris and his team!

Sent on 11/23/2020

Katelynn T. · Married on 06/05/2020

We would highly recommend!

Chris and his staff were amazing to work with. They listened to what we wanted throughout the entire planning process. The online tools for planing were super helpful and were great for staying on time with payments and music choices for specific events throughout the night. Multiple guests came up to me during the wedding and even after to tell me how great the music was. I would highly recommend Limelight. They helped make our wedding a great party with people dancing all night!

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica K. · Married on 04/18/2020

100000 stars!!!

Jackie did an incredible job with our engagement shoot. She made us feel so comfortable the entire time and the photos came out amazing. These are photos I will be looking at the rest of our lives. 100% recommend :)

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Jasmine

Jasmine T. · Married on 03/15/2020

Your guests will thank you!!

As both my (now) husband and I are awkward people/dancers ourselves, one of our greatest wedding concerns was that our guests would not be interested in dancing. My first encounter with Limelight Entertainment was at a friend’s wedding where we quite literally danced the whole night long. As soon as I started wedding planning I hit up my friend to ask for his DJ, and how lucky am I that Chris and his team were not yet booked for my wedding date! Chris masterfully read the crowd and kept us on our feet the entire time. He also kept the wedding moving smoothly with his upbeat MCing.

Choosing music was quite literally the LAST, most dreaded task on my list. In addition to not being remotely good at dancing, we also have a “tepid” taste in music (aka, no real likes/dislikes). However, I immediately felt relieved after talking to Chris who was happy to take the reins from me. Again, his choice of music was spot on. He also picked out and transitioned the ideal segments of each song I had chosen for reception intros, first dance, father/daughter dance, mother/son dance, and cake cutting.

Don’t hesitate to book Chris and his amazing team!! Your guests will thank you! :)

Sent on 04/04/2020
  • Erica

Erica M. · Married on 02/22/2020

You need Limelight at your wedding

Chris and the Limelight team are the absolute best. We knew we wanted Limelight from the beginning and couldn't have pulled off such an amazing wedding without them. Chris was super professional and helpful through every step of the process. The DJ portal made planning and selecting songs a breeze and actually fun. They had the dance floor filled the entire night - so many people came up to us and gushed about how awesome the music was. Our style of music is a little all over the place (from pop to rock to dance to punk), but the Limelight team was able to incorporate every style and make it all flow effortlessly. They were awesome and are HIGHLY recommended!! Can't rave about them enough. Thank you Limelight for making our wedding the best dance party ever! We also purchased the photo booth through them. The attendant put all of the copies together in a book and presented it to us at the end of the night. We were so excited to have this while we waited for the professional photos to be done. The booth was packed the whole night and the pictures were hysterical. Thank you again!!

Sent on 03/19/2020

Deborah D. · Married on 02/16/2020

Mother of the Bride

Chris was the DJ at my daughter's wedding at The Ryland Inn on 2-16-2020. From the ceremony music, to the reception, the music was spot on. My daughter and her now husband worked with Chris through texting and online forms, he was very responsive, making suggestions, and making changes when they found different songs,etc.
    At the reception, there were songs the couple wanted played, and left the rest of the music selection up to Chris. He was able to read the crowd, play the music that everyone was up and dancing to; even the wait staff was dancing, it was that infectious! People were on the dance floor all night long.
    Chris was everything they wanted in a DJ, and he delivered a most memorable reception party.
    Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/20/2020
  • Erin

Erin D. · Married on 02/16/2020

Limelight Entertainment

We can not express how much we loved our wedding day. Chris, you and your team made everything so easy and comfortable. You truly got who we were and the experience we wanted our guests to have. The dance floor was never empty and our guests continue to rave about how much fun our day was. Thank you again for always answering any questions putting our minds at ease when picking songs. You and your team are truly amazing!

Sent on 02/26/2020

Taylor · Married on 11/09/2019

Wish I could give 10 stars!!!

These reviews do not lie! Chris and the team at Limelight Entertainment were an absolute pleasure to work work from start to finish. I got such good vibes from Chris during my first phone call with him and knew this was who we wanted to work with. The planning process was easy and painless while still being detailed and all my questions were being answered (and quickly!). I had absolutely no stress when it came to this aspect of our wedding day! We just had our wedding on 9/7/19 and got so many compliments on how much fun everyone had and how engaging the music was. Aside from the songs we picked, they absolutely nailed making sure there was never a dull moment on the dance floor. Our ceremony music, cocktail hour music, reception entrances, and speeches also all went off without a hitch. Everything was exactly as we wanted and planned for which is exactly how it should be. I cannot day enough good things about this company - you will not regret having them be a part of your big day! Thank you Chris and Limelight Entertainment!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 11/09/2019

Best DJ out there!!

My husband and I had the hardest time choosing a DJ for our wedding since they can either make or break your event. Not only did Chris make our wedding, he had everyone up dancing the entire time. We are SO glad we went with Chris! He was so accommodating leading up to our wedding and did everything we asked during the event. If you are on the fence with choosing a DJ and not sure who to choose, pick Chris. Don’t look any further. Trust us! He is literally the best out there!!
    Thank you so much for making our wedding so much fun!!

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Scott

Scott N. · Married on 11/02/2019

Worry-free excellence

Chris and his team were incredibly professional and skilled. I’ve never seen a wedding with more people on the dance floor. We gave Chris some very loose guidelines and allowed him to go with the flow. His team really knocked it out of the park. They executed changes on the fly flawlessly. I had many compliments from friends saying they never had more fun dancing at a wedding. We couldn’t possibly be more happy about hiring them!!

Sent on 01/18/2020
  • Nancy

Nancy · Married on 10/12/2019

Our Wedding

What I liked about Limelight from the beginning was that an actual sales rep reached out to me. They had a personal touch every step of the way! We can't thank them enough for choosing a great selection of music for all ages, one thing our guests keep raving about. The photobooth is a plus and a must have in our book. My now husband and I highly recommend Limelight Entertainment as they helped create a personal and memorable wedding for us!

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Helene

Helene B. · Married on 10/05/2019

Couldn’t have asked for a better DJ!

Chris and his team were phenomenal they read the room perfectly and had everyone dancing the whole night! If a song didn’t click with half the group he quickly changed it! He got back to us quickly with our questions and was easy to talk to about what we wanted. One of my bridesmaid kept saying “Your DJ is killin’ it!”

Sent on 10/15/2019

Emily · Married on 10/05/2019

Highly Recommend

Phil from Limelight Entertainment was great on our wedding day. He double checked name pronunciation and worked with us on specific needs for particular dances, as well as accommodated a volume request. He told us in advance that he really watches the room to get a read on what's working and what's not, and I can say he did just that to keep the evening moving - I wouldn't know if a song didn't sit well with our guests because Phil kept a close eye and made smooth adjustments until the last song of the night. Prior to our wedding I worked with Chris, the owner of Limelight who put me at ease early on and never made me feel like it wouldn't all come together - a tough feat since I was so unsure of how to figure out all the the music selections. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/23/2019

Chelsea · Married on 10/04/2019

Best ever!!

My husband and I had Limelight Entertainment at our wedding on 10.04.19 and we can’t say enough how absolutely AMAZING Chris and his team are! From the first conversation I had with Chris, I knew I wanted Limelight. He made me feel at ease, listened to all of our requests and assured us the music would be great, and it was. Since the wedding, we have had so many of our guests tell us how they could not believe that people were on the dance floor from the moment the wedding started until the very end. In addition, they always say the best part was that Chris and his team looked like they were having as much fun as we were. This made people want to come and stay on the dance floor. Limelight Entertainment was the best decision we made!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • WILLIAM

William A. · Married on 09/28/2019

Incredible time with Limelight!

I had such an incredible experience working with the people at Limelight, Chris the owner was extremely organized and made sure everything was perfect for our special day. I would highly highly recommend Limelight. Phil was our DJ for the evening and was extremely easy to get along with and made sure all of our needs were met. Couldnt have imagined our day being DJ'd by anyone else!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 09/27/2019

Fantastic DJ!

Chris and Limelight did an absolutely great job with our wedding. He was responsive, helpful and flexible leading up to the event. During the wedding, the music was fantastic and the dance floor was packed from start to finish. We are so happy we went with Chris and Limelight!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Nicole M. · Married on 09/27/2019

Amazing Company To Work With

We can’t say enough amazing things about working with Limelight! From the start, it such an easy process working with Chris & his team. They made sure to reach all of our requests & went above and beyond to make the night so special! Chris even created a video interview that played during dinner & all of our guests thought it was so special! We also did our photo booth through Limelight and it was such a hit! Thank you to Limelight for being a part of our special night!

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • FutureMrs.Px0

Jessie · Married on 09/22/2019

Best wedding photographer!

This review has been by far the hardest to write because I just don't think there is anything I could say to express how truly amazing it has been to work with Jackie and her team. From our first meeting, to our engagement session, to our wedding day and everything else in between, Jackie has literally been a lifeline during this whole process. First I will state the obvious - like our engagement session, our wedding photos turned out incredible and completely exceeded all of our expectations. She made sure to capture not only the obvious and standard shots but all of the little candid moments too. Something that can't be seen as easily is how truly hard working and dedicated she is. Jackie's attention to detail, organization and professional eye really made all the difference. Jackie really took the time to listen to what Michael and I wanted. Jackie came prepared, actually lending eyelash glue and other last minute (forgotten about items) to my bridesmaids. She calmed my nerves prior to the ceremony and she made sure we were having fun the whole time. Jackie made the whole experience so much more enjoyable by just being herself. Michael and I will be forever grateful for the beautiful photos that captured the most important day of our lives. We can't wait to decorate our home with these images and remember 9.22.19 every time we look at them. THANK YOU JACKIE & LIMELIGHT TEAM 💙

Sent on 10/20/2019

Traci · Married on 09/14/2019

Awesome time!

Chris and his team were great they kept our guests out on the dance floor all night! Our guests enjoyed the photo booth and we loved looking at the pictures the next day!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Sarah M. · Married on 09/06/2019

best.music.ever.

My (now) husband and I hired Limelight for our wedding on September 6, 2019. From the minute we hired them to the last dance of our wedding night, we were beyond pleased. Chris Marino was professional, attentive and incredibly flexible! About 8 months after we booked a venue (and had had an initial meeting with Chris to go over a number of details), we ended up booking a completely different venue. We went from big ballroom wedding of 150 people to an intimate tented event with about 60 people. Chris didn't falter and had no issues when our vision totally changed. Not only that, we were sending him details about the venue until less than 24 hours beforehand, as the house was an AirB&B rental and we on premises until the day before the wedding. We communicated in terms of power supply and location of his setup and he made last minute adjustments without a question. The day of the wedding took our experience from great to absolutely amazing, literally the thing that made the whole wedding go from fun to the best night of our lives (save for when our son was born 8 weeks prior, of course). The music was PERFECT. Chris and I had discussed the overall theme of what type of music we wanted for both cocktail hour and the main reception hours, we supplied him a list of 30 songs we wanted and he built the most incredible playlist from there. I reiterate, IT.WAS.PERFECT. From Frank Sinatra to Bruce Springsteen to Michael Jackson to Rod Stewart, we had the classic wedding songs that we, and apparently everyone at the wedding, love. The universal compliment from EVERY GUEST (seriously, EVERYONE), was how amazing the music was. The dance floor was packed the entire night. Not only that, we were very untraditional with the reception. No grand entrance (just introductions), Father/Daughter, Mother/Son dances at the same time, and the best part - the introduction of our 8 week old son in the middle of our dance to have my best friend bring him out to dance with my husband and I. We had a couple of speeches, a cake cutting, and other than that, it was all music. Every special request we had was played almost immediately and one of the best parts was how "background" Chris was. Personally, we hate when an MC takes over the microphone and talks to much - it brings too much attention off of the dancing and the music. Instead, Chris and his assistant just let the music speak for itself and do the job of getting everyone on the dance floor. We are beyond thrilled with every minute and we know that if we ever have another DJ'd event, Limelight and Chris are our first call. Our appreciation is beyond measure and I seriously don't think I have the words to describe how perfect the entire experience was. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Maureen

Maureen M. · Married on 08/25/2019

Highlight of our wedding

Chris and his team were absolutely incredible and were the highlight of our wedding. Our wedding simply would have not been the same without him. Our dance floor was always full and he kept our guests partying all night. Chris was extremely helpful and responsive throughout the planning process as well and really gave me peace of mind making for such a seamless experience and event. Thank you so much! I highly recommend Limelight and will definitely be using them again for future events.

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey S. · Married on 08/24/2019

Highly recommended wedding DJ/photo booth!

My husband and I worked with Chris from Limelight for our wedding day and we have nothing but the best things to say about this company! From communication and responsiveness during the planning phase, to the music choices for the day of, Chris was an absolute pleasure to work with! He gave me every opportunity to make my music selections leading up to the big day, but since he is a professional, I trusted him to make the majority of the selections.

I told Chris when we first corresponded that music is very important to me. I never cared about making the cake cutting a huge event, I just wanted my guests to be dancing all night long. Chris did not disappoint! The music ranged from oldies that get everyone in the mood to dance to today's top hits, so every generation could enjoy the music. Every guest I talked to had such an amazing time and the dance floor was full the entire night!

We also decided to go with a photo booth and we were very happy with our decision! The attendant was amazing and based on the pictures we got back, everyone seemed to have a great time with all of the fun props!

I would very highly recommend using Limelight Entertainment for any celebrations or events you might be throwing!

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Shayna

Shayna S. · Married on 07/19/2019

Best DJ Ever!

Chris and his team are the best! My husband and I could not be happier that we used Limelight Entertainment for our DJ and Photo Booth. Throughout the wedding planning process, Chris was very attentive and had planning forms, which helped make planning so easy! On our wedding day, Chris and his team brought so much energy! The dance floor was packed all night long! Chris knew how to read the crowd and play the right song at the right time! We received (and are still receiving) many compliments about how amazing our DJ was and how much fun everyone had! Everyone loved the photo booth as well! I would highly recommend Limelight Entertainment!!!

Sent on 08/01/2019