Lily Tapia Photography Reviews

Lily Tapia Photography 7
  • Yael

Yael Kent · Married on 08/17/2019

Lily is the best!

Lily was an absolute joy to work with. From the beginning of our experience, she wanted to FaceTime, get to know my fiancé and I’s love story, and really create a personal connection. We had a complicated photographer situation with someone who was a guest at the wedding also wanting to shoot certain photos, and I was a little concerned about the set up. Lily was fantastic at navigating these dynamics with ease and sophistication and made sure to partner with our guest at certain times, while also capturing our special day. She has such a fun personality, her quirkiness makes everyone smile, and she just felt like a member of the bridal party making us laugh and smile. Plus, her photos are absolutely incredible and we are so happy with the photos we have already seen!!! Within 24 hours of our wedding, we already had some previews of the day. We can’t recommend her enough!

Sent on 09/09/2019
    Lily Tapia Photography 8
    Lily Tapia Photography 9
    Lily Tapia Photography 10
    Lily Tapia Photography 11

Tory Wall · Married on 08/16/2019

Lily was perfect!

Hiring Lily as our photographer was one of the best decisions for our wedding!!! We planned a very small elopement to save money but still wanted photos to capture our day. Lily made our very small and inexpensive wedding look GRAND AND FULL OF LIFE! We chose the a la carte option for two hours which included photos of the elopement ceremony, family photos, and photos of me and my husband all around Long Beach. From the beginning, Lily was organized and punctual. I chose her based on the reviews on The Knot and I was not disappointed. I was out of the state during the entire wedding planning process and she basically took on a wedding planning role and helped me with everything! We had several FaceTimes about the details and I thought it was so amazing that she would ask the small questions. She really wanted to know our love story and our family dynamics so she could bring in those details on our big day. I was blown away by Lily’s energy before I even met her in person. On the big day, I showed up to the ceremony a little late and was pleasantly surprised to see Lily already taking action. She has so much personality and fit right in with my family members. I was really nervous about the family photos due to some family drama but she handled it like a BOSS and it was seamless. The best part of the whole day was running around 4th Street in Long Beach with my Husband and Lily and having a BLAST taking pictures! We are not normally photogenic and Lily made us look like supermodels! We got the preview pictures from our wedding the next day and were BLOWN AWAY! When we got the whole album we couldn’t believe it. Every single picture is vibrant and exactly what we envisioned. If you are on the fence about hiring Lily, JUST DO IT! We can forever look back on our wedding day and be reminded of the joy and happiness we felt on that day. We are genuinely grateful we found her and feel like she was meant to be a part of our big day.

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • iyaseli

iyaseli · Married on 08/10/2019

Please make this investment!

Wedding: 08/10/19
    Location: Redondo Beach
    Guest Count: 250

Postive feedback:
    -Lily is amazing! She is always available and helps you with your wedding timeline if needed.
    -Her quality is beyond. I looked at serval other photographers and no one can match her quality
    -She poses you and makes you feel comfortable on camera.
    -If you are on the fence on this investment, please believe me it is worth it. The pictures she delivers are memories for life.
    -Our wedding was on 08/10/19 and she provided several sneak peeks, only two days after. We really appreciated that!
    -For ceremony purposes and bridal party pictures, we recommend you do the 2 photographer option so that there is enough coverage and more pictures can be taken faster.

Room for improvement:
    -none! she was great!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Lily Tapia Photography's reply:

Hey chica! Thank you so much for your review! It has been an amazing journey getting to know you both :)
  • Alessandra

Alessandra Heck · Married on 08/04/2019

Hire Lily!!!

Lily was wonderful from start to finish. From our first email, I immediately felt comfortable and in good hands. When I first started searching for my wedding photographer, I initially wanted a film photographer, but ultimately could not book one due to the expense of film. Lilys photos look so strikingly similar to film photos and have such a beautiful airy light, I knew her style was exactly what I had been craving! After booking with Lily, we received a sweet package in the mail full of cute little goodies and a personal note from Lily thanking us for choosing her! We felt so special and it was so fun to get a unexpected gift in the mail. A few months later, we had our engagement shoot at the beach and we had so much fun! Lily made everything so comfortable and made it easy for us to let loose. Our photos ended up SO beautiful and the colors were so rich and perfect. From there, we were so excited to see our wedding photos! Our wedding was on 8/4/19 and man was it a hot day...I was super anxious the whole day and uncomfortable and cranky from the heat and even despite that Lily was so kind and energetic. She kept spirits high to help us get through sweaty photos lol. Only 24 hours later, Lily emailed us a HUGE batch of previews!!! My husband and I were completely shocked that we received them so fast! They are absolutely gorgeous and I am so in love with our photos. So many amazing shots were captured...I cannot wait to see the rest of the photos in a few weeks. Thank you Lily for being so easy to communicate with and really taking the time to get to know your couples!

Sent on 08/13/2019
    Lily Tapia Photography 12
    Lily Tapia Photography 13
    Lily Tapia Photography 14
    Lily Tapia Photography 15
    Lily Tapia Photography 16
    Lily Tapia Photography 17

Lily Tapia Photography's reply:

This has honestly made my day! Trying my beat to hold back the tears. Guys! I am so honored to have been your photographer for your special day! You two are the sweetest people! I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for you two ❤️❤️❤️
  • Alejandra

Alejandra C. · Married on 07/20/2019

Simply la mejor! :) Such a delight to work with!

It was amazing working with Lily from start to finish, and we recommend her wholeheartedly. She’s an excellent communicator, always replying promptly to emails and providing us a wealth of information and recommendations about where we could take engagement photos and what to bring along. She was very intentional about getting to know us and understanding what we wanted from our photos, and she was so enthusiastic and encouraging as we posed and took candids--her energy really made the experience fun and stress-free. Furthermore, having a bilingual photographer was a huge benefit, as she was easily able to direct our families for photos and anticipate the important moments during our Mexican wedding traditions (even taking part in our Payaso de Rodeo line dance after finishing her pictures at our reception!). At the end of our wedding night, we told Lily that it truly felt like she was a friend who just happens to be an incredible photographer, rather than a vendor who showed up for a check. If you want someone to capture the joyful magic of your engagement and wedding, Lily is the perfect person for the job!

Sent on 07/25/2019
    Lily Tapia Photography 18
    Lily Tapia Photography 19
    Lily Tapia Photography 20
    Lily Tapia Photography 21
    Lily Tapia Photography 22

Lily Tapia Photography's reply:

Ale! I can never say enough Thank You's! You two are the best :) and I can't wait to see what the future holds!
  • Becky

Becky Enriquez · Married on 12/01/2018

FUN, friendly, easy to work with!

My MOH was able to find Lily on Instagram and she instantly knew she was going to be my wedding photographer. At our first meeting, Lily was able to make us feel special. We instantly connected and could tell she was so thrilled and honored to be our wedding photographer. The whole experience was amazing, we had multiple meetings and phone conversations to plan. Very easy to work with, professional, responsive and attentive but made sure we had fun and were comfortable. Lily and her assistant were able to capture our wedding so perfectly. Every picture, is something we will cherish forever which highlights her expertise in capturing weddings and attention to details. You won't regret hiring her and forever grateful to have the best wedding photos ever :)

Sent on 02/08/2019
    Lily Tapia Photography 23
    Lily Tapia Photography 24
    Lily Tapia Photography 25
  • Diandra

Diandra · Married on 09/14/2018

Amazing SoCal Photographer!

This review is long overdue but totally necessary! I booked Lily as soon as I was engaged to my now husband. I reached out to her because I loved her beautiful style, her fun personality, and she was a local in my neighborhood. On the initial meeting, I knew she was the one! She was super down to earth, friendly, and extremely helpful. She was completely professional in her communication and always kept us up to date during the process. I absolutely loved that about her because wedding planning is stressful enough! Ok—Now let me start off by saying that she did an absolutely stunning job on our engagement pictures!! She brought my vision to life—romance and adventure. Now, what’s more adventurous than driving to the sand dunes in the middle of a heat wave (I swear it was over 100 degrees!)? We spent the entire day there capturing all the shots and poses that I wanted. Ok—and now come the pictures. THEY WERE GORGEOUS. She captured the most amazing pictures I could ever imagine. My husband and I could not stop raving about them and I’m sure all my friends on social media were completely sick of me (HA but that’s ok). I’ve received so many compliments on them from friends, family, and even strangers! Next came our wedding pictures. Lily once again captured all my favorite moments—from preparation pictures, to family portraits, to romantics, and the reception. ALL WERE PHENOMENAL. We made the best decision picking Lily as our wedding photographer. I can’t wait to continue to book her for future events (perhaps future newborn shoots??). Anyways, book Lily with confidence. She will bring your vision to life and you won’t regret it.

Sent on 06/02/2019
    Lily Tapia Photography 26
    Lily Tapia Photography 27
    Lily Tapia Photography 28
    Lily Tapia Photography 29
    Lily Tapia Photography 30
    Lily Tapia Photography 31

Lily Tapia Photography's reply:

Mujer! I am so happy I was able to create moments for you guys that will live on for generations to come! You two are the sweetest souls and I can’t wait in the future to capture the next adventure in your love story.

I am beyond grateful for you two and I thank my lucky stars for having clients like you!

Sending you both all the happiness in the world!!

Justine · Married on 08/18/2018

I met Lily when we both attended a photography workshop that was hosted by another veteran photographer. Lily's hyped and bubbly personality immediately made us close. I saw how Lily work during the workshop; dedicated and focused. I believe those are the two top qualities you want to look for as a photographer. As an amateur photographer myself, I look up to her for guidance since she was very knowledgeable in the Photo Industry. I saw her how she worked with our model couples and was impressed by it. After the workshop we ended up keeping in touch.

Fast forward to almost 9months later, me and my Fiance needed a last minute engagement photoshoot. Lily was the first person who came up to my mind. I already know how she works, and her style was also the style me and my fiance are both looking for. I immediately contacted her and she responded in a timely manner, she made sure what me and Fiance wanted and she gave us options where to shoot our engagement photos.

We ended up taking her suggestion to have our photoshoot in LA Art District. The day of the shoot came and all I can say was that it was terrific! Me and my Fiance felt really comfortable with her. She was approachable, funny, energetic, and thinks outside of the box. I also like that her style is more geared towards "natural lighting" versus crazy mad edited photos we see on social media nowadays. My favorite part of the photoshoot (aside from her being talented and creative) was she took time and sat with us to get to know us better. I believe that is an important factor when working with your clients, get to know them!

I highly recommend Lily to be your Photographer whether be it an engagement photoshoot, wedding, family photos, portrait etc. She is amazing and delivers high quality photos! You won't regret!

Sent on 06/29/2018
    Lily Tapia Photography 32
    Lily Tapia Photography 33
    Lily Tapia Photography 34

Pam · Married on 05/27/2018

My husband and I worked with Lily Tapia Photography for a formal dinner that we hosted for our daughter and her new husband. Because it wasn't a wedding ceremony with all the trimmings, Lily took the time to ask a lot of questions so that she knew what pictures we wanted at the event. She was very prompt in answering emails and any questions that arose. She arrived at the venue on time and conducted herself in a very professional manner, and was sweet and easy to work with. She captured some very lovely moments with my elderly mom and her granddaughters - pictures I will definitely treasure. She also made sure that she took pictures of family and friends that came to the dinner, as well as a number of candid shots. We highly recommend Lily Tapia Photography for any special event where you want a professional photographer to capture the memories.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Erica · Married on 05/27/2018

I first found Lily while searching through Instagram for a wedding photographer. I really loved her style and her photos came across very care-free and romantic. We first met Lily in a coffee shop to get to know one another, discuss our vision for our engagement session and wedding ideas and we just hit it off right away and we knew we had picked the right photographer. Lily absolutely guided us through this process while still allowing us to stay true to what we wanted. Our engagement photo shoot was so fun and the outcome was flawless! When it came time to setting up our wedding timeline Lily was always an email or text away. She was there to give me ideas for props for photos, what I should bring for my details etc. I really feel as though I gained a new friend after hiring Lily. During our wedding Lily captured moments I didn't know I would even need captured. I look at my wedding album and each time I am filled with tears of joy because of the priceless memories I now have. Lily and her team remained highly professional throughout our wedding day while still making sure we were having fun during our sessions. Please do not hesitate to hire this brilliant young woman to capture you wedding and engagement photos. She is an amazing person and I feel so blessed to have had the pleasure to have her be apart of the greatest day of my life.

Sent on 08/09/2018
    Lily Tapia Photography 39
    Lily Tapia Photography 40
    Lily Tapia Photography 41

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2018

I can’t even begin to tell you how blown away I was with my engagement and wedding photos. Lily made my husband and I feel completely at ease even though I’m not the most comfortable when taking photos. She went above and beyond to make sure I got the best photos from my special day, I literally spent hours looking at my weddding photos and falling in love with my wedding day all over.

Sent on 07/17/2018

cindy · Married on 11/21/2017

We were first impressed with the stunning engagement photos Lily took of us. She put a lot of attention into the details and walked us through everything from location options,to clothing suggestions, to rhe best desserts in the area. The pictures were amazing and we received mamy compliments. One of the best things about working with Lily was her ability to engage with you and make you feel comfortable. She has such a lively spirit and energy, it was a dream working with her.She is a very lovely,charismatic, and talented photographer.For our wedding day she showed just at much dedication and we can't wait to see all the finished and edited work.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Erica · Married on 11/11/2017

I've been putting off this review because I really wanted to have the perfect words to share. I honestly don't know where to begin...Lily was amazing! We feel like we gained a friend, she truly made us feel so comfortable and from the first time we met her we felt like she was a long time friend. Lily has such a geniune personality and it shines thru you can't help but to feel happy when you're with her, sounds super corny but if you've worked with her you know exactly what I'm talking about lol To top it all off her professionalism is off the charts, she goes above and beyond to get to know you and will hop over a fence down to the LA river bed with equipment and all for her clients. We are so grateful for you Lily and we are happy to have found you! You made our engagement session and wedding day feel so special and the photos captured the magic we envisioned 100x better, we cannot thank you enough <3 Mr & Mrs.Rodriguez

Sent on 12/22/2017
    Lily Tapia Photography 42

Nancy · Married on 09/30/2017

Lily is a Perfectionist at photographing and capturing your special day and moments . We are so happy and in love with our pictures from our engagement photos to our wedding photos . She is the most outgoing nicest person i have ever known . She makes your day by just her smile and making you feel conferable while having your pictures taken. I highly recommend her . SHE THE BEST !!!!!!!
    #bestphotographer

Sent on 02/17/2018

Lily Tapia Photography's reply:

Nancy you are so sweet! Thank you for your kind words. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for you guys.

JESSICA · Married on 08/18/2017

We love LILY!! Thank you for everything your'reee AMAZING!
    I just wanted to let you know that the experience I had with Lily Tapia Photography was more than we could ever ask for. In choosing our photographer, the selection process was very difficult we wanted the "PERFECT" person and we are overly joyed with you Lily! You made the engagement shoot so much fun and exciting and you were honestly our main guide on the day of the wedding too! You went above and beyond just being a talented and fun photographer you made our day smoother. We are LOVING each and every shot of our wedding photos! Overall such a great experience planning wise and I would recommend this company to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 11/28/2017
    Lily Tapia Photography 43
    Lily Tapia Photography 44

Marjorie · Married on 08/12/2017

Lily made our experience so memorable. You can tell she is very passionate about her clients and we are so grateful to have gotten her as our photographer.

Sent on 12/08/2017

Andrea · Married on 07/22/2017

Our experience with Lily was awesome from start to finish. She was very flexible in working with our ideas and providing professional and a creative and passionate end product which we are extremely grateful for. She has a passion for her work which shows in every aspect of working with her. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 12/21/2017

Claudia · Married on 06/03/2017

Lily is simply amazing! We first met back in May of 2016 when she did our engagement pictures which we loved, so we booked her to be our wedding photographer this past June of 2017. We are completely in love with our wedding pictures, she does such an amazing job! She has a great attitude, very positive, professional and friendly. Which only makes the photo sessions much easier and so much fun. I even had family members asking me about my photographer, they were all saying how she was "really cool". Her attitude is contagious and just makes you feel comfortable being around her and the camera. Thank you Lily for your awesome work!!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Belen · Married on 05/20/2017

We absolutely LOVED working with Lily as she helped us capture the MOST amazing and beautiful images of our special day. Her professionalism, attention to detail, friendliness and vibe was absolutely on point. Our family, bridal party and guests loved her and Jenny (2nd shooter) and how amazing Lily's work turned out. We cannot recommend her enough to all of our family and friends for capturing their special moments. We very much look forward to and cannot wait to work with Lily in the future again

Sent on 09/17/2018

Sonia · Married on 02/25/2017

Lily was awesome! She was very patient and sweet theought the whole process! We would def recommend her!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Ana · Married on 02/10/2017

From our engagement photos to the day of the wedding , lily was absolutely amazing. She captured every moment that we will forever cherish. She was patient and also very positive in any way . We love her and if we were to remarried we will choose her once again :)

Sent on 05/25/2017

Lily is AMAZING! Her charisma alone makes her wonderful. My husband and I love her attention to detail, timeliness and accommodating and communication she keeps with until the end of the big day. Lily was easy to work with, she made us feel comfortable both in our engagement session and wedding day. She has a wonderful eye for capturing beautiful moments. We got many compliments on our engagement pictures and we know our wedding pictures are going to be Amazing!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Citlali · Married on 09/17/2016

It was such a pleasure working with Lily. She was so attentive, detailed, kind, and very enthusiastic about the event. We are so glad we chose her to capture such an important day for us. I will definitely choose her to capture more of our special moments. Thank you Lily for your hard work and dedication. I cannot wait to see the final product. I know the pictures will be amazing. ???? -Citlali & Daniel

Sent on 09/24/2016

Melissa · Married on 08/20/2016

I cannot recommend Lily enough. When my husband and I were first engaged, I would scroll through beautifully photographed weddings for hours, dreaming about what my wedding would look like when captured in stills. I was determined to find a talented and determined photographer who had vision and excitement about their work. Well, a long journey of hunting around led me to Lily! Her cousin (who's also a photographer) recommended me to Lily. I booked her before looking through her work because I was worried she'd have others wanting her the same weekend. When I first scrolled through her Facebook and Instagram page I noticed that she didn't have many photos uploaded yet so I started to get nervous. But each week she slowly began to upload more and more beautiful photographs. I was so impressed by her work and dedication. I love how she photographed my wedding. She really captured the atmosphere and friendships in the room. I'll cherish her work always.

She's not only a fantastic photographer, she's also a genuine person who brings a delightful air everywhere she goes. Lily is such a sweet person with a lot of passion and drive. She makes photography sessions fun and she carries conversation effortlessly. She even has the ability to bring shy introverts like my husband and I out of our shells. She can make anyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. Do yourself a favor and book Lily! You won't regret the decision.

Sent on 03/10/2017

Diana · Married on 03/05/2016

Photographers are extremely attentive, professional, and amazing spirits. My husband and I are not very fond of taking pictures and the moments that were captured turned out amazing. We felt comfortable and had a good time overall and we genuinely cannot be happier with the quality of pictures that were taken!

Sent on 05/26/2016