Lily Flower Hair and Makeup Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Edith
    Edith C. Married on 06/19/2021

Unforgettable Experience

Ruth, Andrea, & Lupe we’re a dream team! They were professional, kind, and made my self and my bridal party feel and look beautiful. They arrive promptly and Ruth was always quick to answer any questions I had.
    My makeup and hair stayed all day - even in the extreme Texas heat. I couldn’t have found a better group of ladies!

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Aww Edith, thank you soo much for leaving a review a day after your wedding!! You and your team were soo sweet and fun to work with! We absolutely loved being there and are so thrilled you loved the results!!! ❤️ Enjoy Disney!!!
  • Haley
    Haley B. Married on 06/12/2021

Unbelievable

Ruth and her team were there every step of the way in my experience. They did my hair and makeup for our Engagement, my Bridals and our wedding! EVERY.SINGLE.TIME I came out looking truly beautiful. It’s one thing to look amazing and it’s another to deeply feel amazing. Ruth and her team take time to get to know you and are so detail oriented. They ask questions and constantly make sure you are taken care of. When you sit in their chair it’s about you and you only. I couldn’t have asked for a better company to make myself, my bridesmaids, mothers and grandmas feel as glamorous as they are. Ruth and team thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Dearest Haley, working with you was a pleasure from the start. You have a face that I just love to do make up on! So stunning and super sweet!!! Thank you for trusting us with your beauty needs… you are part of our growing Lily Flower family! Wishing you all the best in life because you deserve it! ❤️
    Valarie V. Married on 04/03/2021

Engagement Party

Lily Flower was able to step in last minute to do my hair and make up for my 1920s themed engagement party. They where wonderful! Great response time and I was really happy with their hair and make up work. I have booked them for my wedding as well.

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Hi Valerie and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!! It means the world knowing you were happy and that you will be one of our future brides!! You are beautiful and so nice!!!! Thanks for trusting us!! We cannot wait for your big day!!
    Daniela J. Married on 02/20/2021

Amazing Hair and Makeup!

Lupita was so professional and friendly! She totally saw my vision and made it even better! So happy with how my hair and makeup turned out. Definitely recommend for any special events.

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Our sweet Daniela, you were the picture perfect bride! So stunning!! Thank you for sharing your experience with other brides!! ❤️
  • Daryl
    Daryl Married on 02/05/2021

Curly Hair Lovelies

Marina & Lupe are INCREDIBLE!! Having curly hair in humid weather and not being able to schedule a hair trial for my wedding was an enormous risk!! Lily Flower Hair and Makeup made me feel beautiful on my wedding day and I cannot be more grateful for them!! Marina & Lupe were very professional, friendly, on time and really took into consideration what we wanted both for my mother and I. We have never felt more beautiful and it's all thanks to them!! Thank you so much for what you do!!
    Michelle R. Married on 12/12/2020

Great Expu

They did such an amazing job with our hair and makeup! They were on time, friendly, and had all of us ready on time.

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much Michelle for being such a wonderful bride to work with!! Beautiful inside and out!!! Wishing you nothing but happiness in this new chapter of your life!
    Emily V. Married on 12/12/2020

Felt like a princess!!

Ruth and Lupe are amazing!! To begin my wedding journey I scheduled a trial with Ruth about a year before the wedding. I was in a car accident on the way to the trial and Ruth was so caring and considerate. She waited around for me and gave me a moment to relax. I used her and Lupe for my engagement pics a couple months later and it was amazing! They both executed my vision exactly. Ruth made a great timeline for the big day. Ruth and Lupe addressed all of our crazy concerns and made us all feel and look amazing!!

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Sweet Emily! Your are one of the kindest brides we have had!! Thank you for being so easy and fun to work with!! You are part of our growing family!!! We love you!!
    Valerie M. Married on 11/15/2020

I got so many compliments on my makeup!

Ruth was not only professional but she was so kind and wonderful to work with. She made me feel right at home and listened to what I wanted. I asked for a very natural wedding look and she did just that. I got so many compliments on my makeup! The wedding planning was stressful and I am so grateful to Ruth for making my wedding look worry free and an absolute success! She is definitely someone you can count on.

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Dearest Valerie! It was a pleasure working with you from the start!!! Your natural beauty was so easy to highlight with subtles touches of makeup!! Thank you for trusting me on such an important day and for leaving this wonderful review!! I love making brides like you shine and feel confident and beautiful and I am so glad I accomplished that!!! Best wishes on your marriage!!
  • Ruben
    Ruben R. Married on 10/09/2020

Wedding Hairstyles

Contacted Lily flower and make up and Ruth responded and scheduled for our appt within the same week, they definitely made it easy for us when we knew our week was gonna be hectic.

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Dear Ruben, thank you for trusting us with your beautiful bride to be!!!!! Working with both of you was amazing! Dream clients!!! Thank you for making us love what we do even more!!! Wishing you lots of happiness!!
  • Louella
    Louella A. Married on 10/03/2020

Fantastic!

These ladies rock! I looked amazing at my wedding, and all of it (hair and makeup) held until I took it all off before bed!

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Dearest Louella, thank you soo much for your kind words!!!! I am super happy you loved your wedding look and that it held for you!! That for sure it is a sign that what we do matters and makes a difference in our beautiful brides! You were a beautiful bride and super sweet!! Best wishes!
  • Nicole
    Nicole L. Married on 09/26/2020

Best Hair and Makeup Company!

Ruth and her other employees (Lupe and Andrea) went above and beyond to make myself and bridesmaids feel beautiful for my wedding! Ruth is so talented and understanding of what I wanted. She was always available to help answer any questions I had and was so flexible in helping me reschedule our wedding date due to covid. Their services are top of the line and very reasonably priced. Ruth genuinely cares about all of her brides and I’m so grateful to have found her! If I lived in the San Antonio area, I would use Ruth and her company for all future events. I truly cannot say enough wonderful things about her, you will love her from the second you meet her!

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Dearest Nicole, I felt a connection from the moment you came to do your trial... thank you for being super sweet and considerate! Too bad we live so far away but we will keep in touch!!! Thanks for your kind words! They mean the world to us!!
  • Carmelita
    Carmelita H. Married on 09/19/2020

Efficient, timely, dependable and professional

I stumbled upon Lily Flower Hair & Makeup while browsing through reviews on Wedding Wire. I contacted several vendors but Ruth who owns Lily Flower was the 1st to respond which tells me that she is prompt and stays on top of things. Compared to other vendors her price is very reasonable and she does exactly what you want her to do. She is prompt and dependable and very professional. I would hire her again and refer her to friends and family.

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thank you Carmelita for being such a wonderful momma of the bride!!! We loved being a part of your daughters big day!!!
    Bethany Married on 08/23/2020

Amazing service!

Absolutely amazing ladies, they make you feel right at home. Super sweet! They did a spectacular job! I wanted to cry looking at myself! Highly recommend them if you want a gorgeous look and too not look orange!

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Dear Bethany! thank you for taking the time to post your gorgeous pictures and share your sweet review. We had the best time glamming you up for your sister's wedding. We wish you nothing but the best and next time it will be your turn to be the bride!!!
    Thuy D. Married on 07/25/2020

Amazing splendor

Ruth is nothing but amazing and exceptional in every way and I was super duper glad she was able to squeeze me in for an appointment at the last minutes!!!! I would greatly recommend her to everyone I know in San Antonio and even to family and friends in Houston who is getting married because there’s no other amazing person in the world they should trust their hair and makeup to on the most important day of their lives. Ruth transformed me into a beautiful swan from a duckling and I received so many compliments from my mom and my in laws- they were picky about my makeup before but Ruth was so so good, they got nothing but good things to say about my makeup and Ruth pampered my skin like no one has ever done before and made all the worries go away and truly made my wedding the best memory of my life. If you’re iffy about hiring other makeup artists, you should go with Lily Flower and Makeup! You would never ever regret that decisions. On top of that, Ruth is friendly and kind and overall, amazing human that is so so rare to find! She understood what I needed for my face and my hair that truly, i didn’t even know it myself. I didn’t even have time for the trial but Ruth worked her magic that I can’t help but marveled at how she transformed me amazingly! I just want to get married again and again just so I can get the pamper treatment from Ruth again. From a healthcare standpoint during covid, Ruth took all the precautions that she could that truly puts me at ease! (I didn’t have any picture on my phone- i took it from Ruth’s Instagram just to show what differences she made to my face and my hair). Ruth, thank you for everything!
    Laura Married on 07/17/2020

Excellent Service

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup was EXACTLY what I needed to help prepare for my wedding day. Ruth and her staff are true artists and professionals. They knew exactly how to achieve the look I wanted to create and did so with class and confidence. Five star service, communication, and results.
  • Brittney
    Brittney B. Married on 06/26/2020

Makeup Lasts ALL DAY

Ruth is amazing at what she does! She did makeup on 3 of my bridesmaids, my Mom (Mother of the Bride) and myself (Bride). I absolutely loved all the looks she did on my girls and myself. The makeup was flawless! My makeup literally lasted the WHOLE day and night. I danced sooo much the night of my wedding and was sweating lol, and not once did I have to re-apply my makeup. Even one of my bridesmaids (who never wears makeup) LOVED her makeup look. She told me whenever she gets married, that she's booking Ruth! :) Ruth is very friendly, personable, and professional. Ruth and the hairstylist (forgive me, I forgot her name) showed up at the venue on time. The hairstylist that was with Ruth, did 2 of my bridesmaids' hair. I loooved their hairstyles. She did a wonderful job as well. I would book them again for sure!

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Our gorgeous Brittney, thanks so much For trusting us!! You really shined and it was a pleasure working with you and your bridal party!!! Wishing you lots of happiness!!
    Lindsay T. Married on 06/14/2020

Flawless makeup and beautiful hair

Ruth did a wonderful job! Not only is she the sweetest person, but she also listened to exactly what I wanted. I don’t wear a lot of makeup on a day to day basis. Ruth made my skin flawless without looking overly done

Dearest Lindsay,

I am so happy we had the chance to meet!!! You are super sweet and gorgeous!!! Thank you for putting your trust in us!! I am sure your pictures are going to turn out beautiful!!
    Desa R. Married on 05/23/2020

Pandemic Bridal Make Up

Even amidst the pandemic these ladies were wonderful. They were totally flexible and made me feel very comfortable throughout the session. Highly recommend!

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words!!! We enjoyed glamming you up for your big day!! It was an honor and we want to wish you all the happiness in the world!!!
  • Angela
    Angela Married on 04/09/2020

A great fit and so flexible

I got married in April during Covid but did not do a traditional wedding. We took pictures in December and they were so flexible with me. They always answered my questions in a timely manner and so easy to work with. Absolutely recommend working with them!!!

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Dear Angela, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review!!! We wish you the best of luck!!
    Kristi A. Married on 02/22/2020

I've never felt so beautiful!

I had the honor of having Ruth do my hair and make-up for my wedding day and I will never be able to thank her enough. I've nevet felt so beautiful before in my life and I am so happy to have felt that way on my wedding day. I don't typically wear a whole lot of make-up but Ruth worked a miracle on my face while still making my skin feel comfortable and natural. I even danced all night and got extremely sweaty but my makeup DID NOT BUDGE. It made me more confident and worry less about my make-up melting away. Then there was my hair. I've always had issues with styling because my hair is a bit on the thinner side and I did not think it would help achieve what I wanted to do with it. Ruth was very helpful and recommended hair extensions to help. She worked the best magic there is to get my hair so perfect. I felt like a fairy princess on the day of my wedding and I would recommend Ruth a thousand times over to help make you feel confident and feel like your most beautiful self on your wedding day like every bride should.

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Dearest Kristy, working with you was easy and fun! Thank you for being such a wonderful bride and we want to wish you all the best in your marriage!
    Brenda Married on 12/07/2019

Excellent makeup and hair services.

I hired Ruth to take care of makeup and hair for my bridal party and my mother. Her team of professionals did an outstanding job! We all looked so beautiful and couldn’t be happier with our looks. Thank you, Lily Flower, for making my wedding day extra special!

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Dearest Brenda, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review with your experience.. er loved being a part of your celebration of love and we are so happy for the two of you!!! Thanks for trusting us and for all of your support!!!!💕
    Mercedes M. Married on 10/20/2019

Excellent experience

Worked out perfectly with timing! Worked with us on location!

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thanks so much Mercedes!!! You are absolutely a doll and we wish you the best in your marriage!! Brides like you make our job so much easier!!
  • Hanna
    Hanna F. Married on 10/19/2019

So impressed!!

I am pretty good at make up myself and was worried I would feel like I could have done a better job...I WAS SO WRONG! Ruth did amazing and my hair and make up lasted all night. I have never felt more beautiful!! Ruth was responsive, fast, super sweet, and right on time. I am very hard to please and she gave me exactly what I wanted.

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

My gorgeous Hanna! Thank you so much for your trust and your beautiful words!! You are seriously one of the sweetest and most gorgeous brides I have ever met!!! Wishing you a lifetime of bliss and happiness!!!
  • Melanie
    Melanie F. Married on 10/11/2019

Friendly and professional

I had Ruth to do make-up and hair. So worth doing the trial run, because I have eczema, and could see how my skin didn't react well with a certain element. On the day of the wedding, we went with a different element of product as spoken before, and it stayed on the WHOLE night, with no reaction. AWESOME! She was so great at keeping calm through the chaos that was going on int he background. She was so reassuring, and made sure to stay on a time schedule. Her and her team member were great at keeping things friendly and professional. I would highly recommend her looking in this department. The look even captured well on photograph. Lady knows what she is doing!

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Hi Melanie! it was such a pleasure working with you and your wonderful family!!! Thank you so much for your trust and I am so very happy you liked our services!!! We wish you a wonderful and happy marriage!!!
    Kierstin Married on 06/21/2019

Makeup looked great ALL day!

Ruth is amazing! She asked me how I wanted my makeup to look and she did it. I felt like she cared about you as a person and didn’t see you as making money. I wanted a natural look, but I love eye makeup. I showed her a Pinterest picture of eye makeup and she was able to match it. I’ve had issues in the past with eyeshadow creasing on my eyelids, even with primer. I have oily skin. Y’all, it stayed on ALL NIGHT, and no eyeshadow creasing! We had an outdoor wedding in June. I received compliments all night on my makeup, as well as my bridesmaids who decided to have their makeup done. I didn’t want to look like a different person on my wedding day and I looked like myself, while enhancing my best features. I have mild acne and redness, this was also covered up and you couldn’t tell. I also recommend a makeup trial. I’m so thankful I did, because we were able to play around with different colors, eyelash length, etc... and I wasn’t stressed about makeup on my wedding day. I cannot comment on her hair skills, because she didn’t do my hair. However, she did help me with my veil! (My hairstylist already left and I thought we could figure it out. Lol). She went above and beyond! Thank you, Ruth!!!

Lily Flower Hair and Makeup's reply:

Kierstin, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! if vendors were allowed to rate their brides, I would also give you 5 stars across!! you were super sweet and fun to work with! which makes my job so much more enjoyable! magic happens when you find the right beauty team/bride...a certain chemistry that is hard to describe but that simply works. I wish you nothing but the best in your marriage cause you deserve to be happy! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience as I am sure it will help other brides decide if we are the right fit for them too.