Lillian Rose Events Reviews

9 | Chicago, IL

9 Reviews for Lillian Rose Events

• Ashley

Ashley Tyre · Getting married on 10/11/2020

Best money you will ever spend!

Do yourselves a favor, and hire Lillian Rose Events!
    I remember being newly engaged- like 7 days engaged- and already being in tears and being so anxious about the whole process. Being in the chicagoland area you go onto the Knot, type in a search area, and up comes thousands of options! So you start with venue, you find one you like only to find they are booked. And you keep going down the line and more and more are booked. So you think about looking at something else, but you have to have a date, and you don’t know budget, and you don’t know anything else and you want to scream! I was at that point, and I did a search for wedding planners and enter Alexis and her team. My then fiance and I had a phone call with her and after that one hour call I was already at ease. It was a no brainer to do the full service option and it was an added bonus that she takes a percentage of your payment and designates it towards a charity of your choosing. The way she put my mind at ease about yes our budget is doable, and the time line was doable (about a year) and we could get going right away.

Alexis was always available for calls, appointments, and random freak out emails/texts from me. She came to almost every appointment with vendors (she didn’t come to some because we said we got this on a couple). It was fantastic to have her at appointments because I didn’t know what I didn’t know. She had great follow up questions because she has been doing this and it’s her job! Questions I never would have thought to ask. She helped us make informed decisions and helped us to build the team that made our day come true! She especially hooked us up with a fantastic photographer and florist that we never would have found otherwise. It was great to have people she knew, had worked with, and had rapport with so the big day went smoothly.

Alexis helped us to stay on budget, find budget options for us, and helped make our vision cohesive and beautiful. I never would have thought some of the things that were at our wedding could have been there on our budget, and it was perfect! The day of she took care of EVERYTHING! I got on site, of our DIY heavy wedding, and things were in full swing. Floral was being suspended from the ceiling, the unity hoop was in full bloom, and table settings were being placed. She informed me of a slight change- that she had kept secret for two weeks because she knew I would stress out- and she took care of it! She learns her bride and groom pairs so well in a short amount of time. She knows what our dreams are, what we want for the day, how we react to things, and where our stress level was. So the fact that she just took care of all that, meant everything. I only had to answer 2 questions that day. I’ve been in weddings where the bride is being asked questions every 2 minutes and I can’t even imagine that being my day! The intricate timeline she put together was amazing, it’s the little things that you as a bride and groom might not think about that was so priceless- this is her job to know how long things take, where to plan more time in the day, where to build extra time/wiggle room, and how to get vendors in and out- so at the very least hire them to do your coordination so you don’t have to worry about that.

Most of all, it was the small moments and meetings and phone calls that meant so much. She really made us feel special, heard, supported, and validated throughout the whole process. My mom was states away, so I didn’t have her at all our appointments etc. So having Alexis available and present meant everything.

Do yourselves a favor, hire her and her team, then start planning the day of your dreams together- she will make sure it’s all you wanted and more!

Sent on 12/01/2019

Shelly Shimon · Married on 09/09/2020

Alexis is the best!

I worked with Alexis on a recent wedding, I was the photographer. Alexis went above and beyond her duties as a day of coordinator to see to it that her clients were happy. She was so amazingly organized and just so great to be around the day of. She handled the little hiccups throughout the day like the absolute professional she is, all with a smile on her face. I hope to work with Alexis again in the future!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Marlyn · Married on 05/20/2020

We first had a webcam chat just for initial pricing and information and things of that sort, I was very nervous at first because I didn’t know if she’d be nice or not. She was beyond what I was hoping for very friendly and it’s becomes all about you when speaking with her! (What every bride wants, right?) She answered all my questions and even gave me some tips and advice on wedding stuff even if I didn’t choose to hire her! Working with her has been everything I need. She’s so reliable! When I’m freaking out about things she’s there to help me calm down. She really gets to know you and what you want and she makes it all happen for you! She’s amazing!

Sent on 02/13/2018

Lillian Rose Events's reply:

Marlyn! I am so excited to be serving you and Daniel through your engagement! Your wedding is going to be as amazing as the two of you are together! XO!

Amanda · Married on 09/08/2018

I can’t say enough good things about Alexis and her team at Lillian Rose Events! Our wedding was at a summer camp in the middle of nowhere with heaps of logistical issues. During our first site visit, Alexis and her assistant were so nice and easy going despite us making them hike all over camp! She was also incredibly professional and honest, telling me straight that it could either turn out amazing or into a complete disaster. I was (I think) a pretty easy going bride and knew that my non-traditional venue would be a challenge so I said “anything above complete disaster, I’ll be okay with!”. Alexis and her team somehow pulled it off and kept the show running smoothly! It was an absolutely beautiful day and despite some last minute issues (our original ceremony location at camp got flooded out), they rolled with the punches and made our special day so perfect! I was so stress free knowing that they had everything under control!

During the planning process, Alexis was very reachable for any questions or changes I had and used a wedding planning software that made it super easy to make sure we were both on the same page with things like the timeline, special songs, etc. She took care of contacting and confirming final details for all my vendors which was especially a godsend as my head was spinning trying to prepare for our cross country road trip back to Illinois for the entire week before the wedding.

I would 100% recommend Lillian Rose Events to any future bride. Alexis’ sunny disposition combined with her excellent organizational skills helped make our day the best it could possibly be!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Emily · Married on 08/18/2018

I am currently working with Alexis for my Summer 2018 wedding. She is very responsive and full of great suggestions. Alexis has a strong sense of professionalism and cares about her clients. I recommend her!

Sent on 03/03/2018

Tricia · Married on 06/24/2017

From the flowers and decoration to just friendliness and willingness to go above and beyond for our little summer wedding. Lillian Rose Events made our wedding day a day to remember! She is honestly and amazing wedding planner and just an all around great person to work with.

Sent on 02/13/2018

Lillian Rose Events's reply:

Aw Tricia! I love that we're like family! I enjoyed (and still do) every get together we have. See you soon! XO!

Kara · Married on 09/02/2017

Alexis from Lillian Rose Events was wonderful to work with. She was extremely responsive and offered great guidance on things like timeline for the day. We hired her as a day-of planner, but she provided SO MUCH value leading up to the wedding. She interacted with our vendors to make sure that every little detail was set and ready for the day. Of course, there were little things that weren't perfect the day of the wedding, but that's just the nature of weddings. Much of it was out of Alexis' control (DJ was late, for example).

Alexis did, however, make sure that everything within her control went smoothly. She helped us avoid some major hiccups - such as finding our written vows when they went missing an hour before! Thank you, Alexis for all of your help!

Sent on 02/10/2018

Lillian Rose Events's reply:

Kara! I so enjoyed working with you. It super bums me out that there was anything that occurred that stands out in your mind as less than perfect, but I hope you have the fondest memories of your wedding day and that regardless of the hiccups, it was everything you dreamed it would be. I loved working with you & Liam and serving your families on that special day! I cannot wait to hear all of the amazing things that your future together brings! Congratulations again and please keep in touch! XO, Alexis

Paige Guinta · Married on 09/14/2018

3.2

Not the best experience.

I've waited 4 months after our wedding to write this review as I know how important reviews are to vendors, but unfortunately I cannot make this a positive one.

Alexis is a very sweet person but unfortunately my biggest disappointment is that she left our wedding reception set up in the hands of her "assistants" who are really college aged kids that had no idea what was going on.

The chargers were not put out. The Jordan almond bags that my Mom and Aunt spent hours tying with custom tags didn't make it out. The menus on each table were leaning against salt and paper shakers when I had also supplied miniature easels.

Alexis took on too many weddings the weekend of ours which was the first Indian wedding she had ever done and I still can't wrap my head around why she wasn't there when we needed her most.

Sent on 01/24/2019
  • Rachael

Rachael Siemon-Carome · Married on 02/11/2019

2.8
      2.0

Not sure it was worth cost

Alexis was my day of coordinator for my wedding on 11/2/19. In our initial call she specified that if we couldn’t talk for an hour we probably shouldn’t work together, which I appreciated. Alexis also offered a discount to all same-sex and multi-cultural couples, which I really liked. What was most helpful was that Alexis created a master timeline, as well as filtered timelines for different groups (the venue, the wedding party, etc.). She also drove items to the venue the night before, and brought things back to our hotel after the reception. On the day of she was at the venue helping with set up, and I had a “bridal assistant” with me. I’m honestly not sure what she did versus other vendors. Everything looked beautiful and I was very happy with the final result, however, there were a few issues.

Alexis first met with us 8 weeks before the wedding. She emphasized that I should feel super relieved because I’d be able to step away from the planning now that she was involved. She said she would send intro emails to vendors and we’d get a “Friday email” each week giving us a list of tasks. I was under the impression that would start right away, but I didn’t hear from her again for 2 weeks, and she didn’t reach out to the vendors until 2 ½ weeks later – which was only a month before our wedding date. The Friday emails didn’t actually come on Friday a lot of the time and some weeks she didn’t send them. I often felt confused about what she was responsible for. She asked vendors for information that I already had, or decisions we’d already made. I definitely didn’t feel like I could remove myself from the planning process - I still communicated with vendors for questions, and managed communication with the wedding party and prepared DIY stuff (place cards, signage), which Alexis did not help with. I just felt like she over-stated her role and how much she would help with.

My biggest issue was the “bridal assistant” was not helpful. She forgot the day of emergency kit, and didn't mention she forgot it until I said we needed it. She remained in the bathroom steaming dresses the majority of the day. She turned down invitations to eat with us and very clearly did not want to get to know anyone. It just felt awkward to have her there. When the wedding party got on the bus to take pictures – she forgot all of the bridesmaid bouquets, and my veil. It was clear that she wasn’t able to keep track of things and I needed to step in to manage. For family pictures before the ceremony - she was unable to direct the group - she spoke super quietly, and too quickly, most of us couldn’t hear her. I did not find this part of the service helpful at all.

Pretty much every married friend I have advised me to get a day of coordinator – but I think it depends on your level of organization, how detailed/complicated your wedding is, and how involved other vendors are. Because I didn’t see Alexis most of the day – I don’t know what it would have been like without her. But I definitely didn’t think the bridal assistant was helpful and am unsure if the full service was worth the cost.

Sent on 11/29/2019