Light Up Video Reviews

32 Reviews for Light Up Video

• Michelle

Michelle Hoang · Getting married on 03/02/2021

Fantastic work

Dave is the bomb dot com! I wasn't sure I wanted a videographer, but I'm glad I opted for it b/c the video captures the day in a way the photos don't quite. I was referred by a friend who went with Light Up Video for her wedding, but with a different videographer. All communication was prompt, via Samantha. Payment was easy peasy through Venmo. I didn't meet Dave until the day of the wedding, but he's a pro and got in sync with the photographer before I even showed up. Dave was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. He was low-key while capturing the important moments. My friend told me that Dave was running around the church in socks, but without shoes to be quiet. That made me laugh :D I went with the standard teaser package. Dave sent us a preliminary edited version and gave us an opportunity to request any edits. Super happy with Dave's work! Go with Dave.

Sent on 04/02/2020

Brooke Bragg · Getting married on 01/06/2021

We love our wedding video!

We chose Light Up Video for our wedding after looking through their website and seeing all of the amazing reviews and beautiful videos they have done. They did not even compare to the other companies we looked into. I am so glad we chose them because they did not disappoint! There is something different and more magical about seeing your wedding in video rather than in pictures. They tell a story through their videos and capture the day so perfectly. Dave and his team were so easy to work with and so nice on the day of the wedding! They put together the most beautiful video that captured our wedding so well! We absolutely LOVE our video, and we received the video a lot faster than we thought, too. Overall, very happy and highly recommend!!!

Sent on 07/08/2020

Lexi Wagner · Married on 02/22/2020

Forever grateful

Decided super last minute that I wanted a video of my wedding and hiring Light Up Video was the best decision I could have possibly made!!!! They were super professional, got the raw footage to me so quickly, and documented everything perfectly. The wedding was such a whirlwind and there was so much I was able to see through the video that I would have otherwise missed. I am so glad I have the footage to relive the most perfect day over and over! I couldn’t be happier and I recommend them 100%

Sent on 03/03/2020

B W · Married on 02/22/2020

Great videographer!

Dave is awesome! He and Samantha had awesome communication during the wedding planning process and were always quick to respond. On the day of the wedding, Dave was able to lighten the mood in stressful situations. He also captured great shots and put together an unbelievable video. Thanks Dave and Samantha!

Sent on 04/01/2020

Steve Laurence · Married on 12/14/2019

Memories that last a lifetime

Lightup LA wasn't the cheapest videography company but they are worth every penny. They were not the most expensive either. They seemed to be the best value overall. We just got a preview of the video and my wife cried. We are excited to see the final thing and can't wait to have the video forever.

Kayla Laurence · Married on 12/14/2019

Great sneak peak

A wedding video is something that is really important to me and my husband. We want to remember our wedding day for the rest of our lives. We just got a little preview of the video to come and are very excited to see more. The preview was amazing!

• Laura

Laura Remmy · Married on 12/14/2019

OMG! I can't wait

I've been waiting on my little sister to get married since we were little. Light Up just sent her a sneak peek of the wedding video because we asked and it was AMAZING! It's like a fairy tale! Can't wait for the whole thing.

Sergio Quijano · Married on 09/21/2019

A business you can trust with your special day

When my wife and I were booking vendors for our wedding, we weren’t really sure we wanted a videographer. We are so glad we decided to contact Light Up Video. Not only were they pleasant and professional throughout the process, but the video that we got from them really captures our wedding so well. As much as we love our wedding photos, the video really lets us relive the night.

The reason I would really recommend Light Up Video is they understand that the service they provide is incredibly important to their customers. Dave and his team will truly go above and beyond to make sure you are happy with the finished product. I can’t recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 08/26/2020

Renee · Married on 08/31/2019

Spectacular Videographer and Drone videographer

Amazing Wedding Videographer and Drone Videographer. Worked with us to make sure all the special moments and memories from
    Our daughter’s wedding were captured.

Sent on 05/03/2020

Alison Kmiotek · Married on 06/07/2019

giving us a lasting memory

Dave was great to work with, his price was very fair and the result was wonderful

Sent on 06/02/2020

Candice · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing!

My husband and I had the absolute pleasure of hiring and working with Light Up for our wedding in April 2019. Not only were they timely, professional and easy to talk to the day of, they made themselves scarce through out the whole day. We even had a drone and honestly only a handful of guests noticed the drone and/or the videographers. Yet, somehow they captured the most AMAZING shots! Our video turned out STUNNING and something that went above and beyond our wildest dreams. It perfectly captured our wedding day and the emotions that we felt. As the bride and groom, the day can often become a blur and you may forget little details due to your adrenaline rushing. That’s where Light Up comes in: a video to capture the memories. I highly recommend hiring them for your videography needs. They were truly a gem to work with and we will 100% rehire them if we need them for any future parties or events!

Sent on 05/24/2019

Jacob · Married on 10/08/2017

Stephen and Light Up Video did a beyond outstanding job capturing our wedding day! They were extremely responsive to our questions and emails in the weeks leading up to the day. During the day of the wedding, Stephen gave great suggestions, showed up to each location on time, and was extremely flexible. During the ceremony and reception he worked seamlessly, capturing all the important moments (and ones we did not even realize were important until after). He sent the teaser video and raw footage extremely quickly after the wedding. The teaser exceeded all our expectations, and we will be treasuring it for years to come! Thanks Light Up Video!

Sent on 11/11/2017
  • Daisy

Daisy · Married on 08/13/2017

Videography was one of those things that my husband and I really wanted for our wedding but did not know if we would have the budget for it. Luckily, we found Light Up Video and we could not be happier that we hired them. After reading reviews about the company on Wedding Wire and Yelp and watching sample videos that they have put together, we took a leap of faith and hired them for our August 13th wedding. I appreciate the transparency of their website in that all the info, including the price of the packages, were already readily available. All communications were via email with Samantha who was lovely. Dave and Paul were our videographers and they were so great! They worked well with our photographers and were amazing at capturing the feel of the entire day. We received our cinematic teaser in less than 3 weeks and we loved it. Our friends and family who viewed it were so impressed since it really captured the emotion and beauty of the day. We loved the teaser so much that despite initially just ordering the Cinematic Teaser Package, I contacted Dave the night we received the teaser and asked how much extra it would be to get the full video! This must happen a lot since their work is amazing so Dave had no issues accommodating our additional request. If you are on the fence about hiring a videographer, just do it and hire Light Up Video, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/08/2017

Jennifer · Married on 08/06/2017

I wanted a videographer but my husband didn’t so we compromised and booked the most affordable vendor we could find. My husband found them on Yelp and they had rave reviews so we decided to take a chance. All my other wedding vendors were from referrals so I wasn’t sure what to expect from Light Up Video but they did a phenomenal job! They were able to capture everything beautifully and no one really noticed they were there.

I highly recommend them!

Sent on 03/16/2017

Maria · Married on 01/20/2017

I need a ten-star button for Lightup Video!! My photographer recommended this company for my wedding at the Bowers Museum. I didn't need much prodding to hire them because their 300++ beautiful videos on YouTube spoke so highly for them. Dave and Sam arrived on time in my hotel ready to work. They are very professional and courteous. They blended in with the crowd and there weren't cameras in our faces with lights flashing. Most importantly they delivered on their guaranteed 21 day turnaround. Rates are very reasonable and email replies are timely. My husband and I absolutely love our 8 minute teaser. The Bowers Museum was beautifully and artistically shown and they truly captured our delight and happiness on our wedding day. I highly recommend Lightup Video. They're worth every hard-earned penny . Thank you Dave and Sam for our amazing teaser. We will cherish it for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 03/05/2017

Trevor · Married on 09/18/2016

BEST DEAL AND VALUE EVER! Seriously! I was skeptical at first with all the 5-star reviews and comparably low price, but Dave is the real deal and as good as it gets. He was prompt with all communications, putting any of my fears at ease. On our wedding day, he even showed up so early that I wasn't ready for him! He turned around our wedding teaser just a few days after our wedding, and it brought tears of joy to not just me but my wife and our families. It captured our entire wedding day in such beautiful detail. My wife and I just watch the video over and over again, it's so perfect! I couldn't imagine not having a videographer--the day goes sooooo fast and it would be so sad to not have the memory! Contact Dave early as he books up quickly--I sent a bunch of my friends his way but he was already booked up!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Rachel · Married on 08/06/2016

These guys are so awesome! Dave is such a sweet guy who takes great pride in what he does. You are seriously missing out if you don't book them. The quality of their videos is amazing!

Sent on 08/20/2016

Christina · Married on 06/04/2016

Like most couples, my now husband and I were on the fence about hiring a videographer but then we found Dave and Garret of Light Up Video. We were so impressed with their work online and even more impressed with the price! Both Dave and Garret were very easy going guys and really took the time to get to know us and what we were looking for out of our video.

Garret was with us on our wedding day and it was almost like he wasn't there at all! His presence was never bothersome at all and he worked wonderfully with our photographers. Our wedding was on 6/4/16 and we absolutely can't wait to see our video because the short previews Garret showed us on the day of were stunning!

If you're on the fence about hiring a videographer, be sure to give these guys a chance! You won't regret it. 5+ STARS

Sent on 06/23/2016

Viviana · Married on 11/14/2015

Like many other couples, we were not planning on getting a videographer for our wedding - we thought photos would suffice. At the urge of our married friends and family, we began researching videographers and I was lucky enough to find Dave. His prices are amazing, and his work even more so. He was there on time, was so patient, and captured all the details of our day. We received our teaser within just a week, and our full feature film in less than a month - both are absolutely incredible! Your wedding passes in a blur, and I'm so excited we get to relive the day through our video. We've shared the video with our family and friends, and everyone comments on how gorgeous it is, and most comment (a bit bashfully) that they cried :) I can't help but smile when I watch the videos, and am so happy we have them to remember our day!

Share review

Sent on 12/11/2015

The quality and price you get for Light Up's videography is unbeatable. We had Stephen film our wedding and he did a terrific job. He captured all our favorite parts of our big day and was completely professional, as well as unobtrusive the whole day. Our video turned out absolutely perfect and I an so glad that I spent the money on their services.

Sent on 12/09/2015

Tina · Married on 06/14/2015

Words can't explain how Tina and I were impressed with Dave's work. If we we're to describe it, it would be just as prior individuals have said "Amazing". We are so happy that we picked Dave to capture our wedding. Dave and his associate Steve were very professional and easy to work with. The turn around time of his work is superb.

I would highly recommend Dave to anyone who is looking for a videographer.
    Here is a link to our wedding teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw83-XumQEA

Sent on 06/22/2015

Jennifer · Married on 06/06/2015

I LOVE Light Up Video! I am absolutely convinced that no one could have possibly done a better job of capturing my wedding. Dave has such has such a laid back and calming presence, something that I sincerely appreciated given the immense pressure and stress leading into the day. If I am being honest, I wasn't quite certain what to expect as I did not have the pleasure of meeting him until the day of, but I have to say that he exceeded my expectations in every possible way. The footage that he captured is absolutely gorgeous and priceless. I cannot even begin to tell you how many people asked me who shot my wedding and how they could get in touch with them! I received my teaser shortly after going on my honeymoon and the hard copies of the raw footage, full edit, and teaser 2 days after I got back, which is just insane turnaround time! I have not heard of another videographer who is able to edit with such efficiency while delivering such an impeccable end product. I have no idea how they do it! Dave and his fellow filmmakers are beyond talented and worth every penny you spend. Do not hesitate for a moment to Light Up Video for your wedding. Hiring Dave was easily one of the best decisions I made.

Sent on 07/04/2015

Leticia · Married on 12/27/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Dave! Like everyone else, I too was skeptical because of the great price, but it was one of the best decisions for the wedding. He was very professional and easy to get a hold of. Once I submitted the contract we didn't communicate until a week before the wedding. He was on time and very patient and worked well with our photographer. His package is of great value and you get what you pay for and more! Only 10 days after our wedding he sent us a link to see our wedding teaser, which looks AMAZING!!!! The quality of the video was very high and all our friends and family members were very impressed. I would re-hire him in a heart beat!

Sent on 01/10/2015

Adrienne · Married on 09/13/2014

Like so many brides I knew I would love to have a videographer but by the time you chose all the other things it seems like there is just no room in the budget. I decided I would look again and see if I could find a reasonably priced videography and that's when I miraculously found Light Up Video. The prices were so affordable. I thought is this for real. Well it was not only for real but one of my best decisions I made. I spoke with Dave and hired him immediately having never met him. Couple days before the wedding Stephen contacted me and said he would be helping on the wedding day. They both arrived on time and ready to work on the wedding day. They were so pleasant and never in the way or bothersome. We were so happy we chose them, guests and are wedding party even commented how nice they were. Not even two weeks after our wedding we received the most amazing wedding highlight video to a song we chose, we love it. How perfect. So fun for posting on social media and sharing with people as a few minutes people will spend watching your video. We also already received the full length video super quick as well. Not even 1 month has gone by and we have our beautiful finished product with such attention to detail and customized DVD's of this amazing video of our special day. We will cherish this forever and owe it all to Dave and Stephen, thank you both so much, you are the best! We would definitely recommend Light Up Video to every person looking for the best videographer around to capture your special day.

Sent on 10/11/2014