Light up the Sound Reviews

68 Reviews for Light up the Sound

1 User photo

Light up the Sound 1

Matt · Married on 05/06/2017

Josh and Light up the sound have provided excellent stage lighting for Static shows for a few years now. They also do an excellent job providing accent and experience lighting for the weddings we play as well as DJ services. We highly recommended Light up the Sound!

Sent on 08/13/2017

Karen · Married on 04/29/2017

Only advise I have and I thought you were great a little more interaction with the crowd. But then I thought you did a great job thanks Josh!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Kris · Married on 03/11/2017

Josh was great to work with for our daughter's wedding. He even made a special trip to meet us at the venue a few months before the event because he hadn't worked there before. He and his associates arrived early the day of the wedding to set up the three areas we needed sound. He provided the music and microphones for the ceremony; music for the cocktail area; and lighting, music, and microphones for the reception area, all for a very reasonable cost. The DJ table and lighting for the dance floor was set up perfectly for the space--Josh laid it out in a way that fit even better than what we had envisioned. He provided suggestions for special dances and an entertaining game for the bride and groom. He also did a good job of keeping our guests engaged. He was very accommodating to our requests and really went out of his way to make sure everything went the way we wanted it to. I would absolutely recommend Josh and Light Up the Sound, and will surely call them again in the future!

Sent on 03/19/2017

Maureen · Married on 10/29/2016

My 50th birthday party!! It was wonderful with Josh heading up the karaoke !! I'm a question asker and Josh was full of answers!! Light up the Sound does deliver a great night!!!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Mary · Married on 10/28/2016

Josh did absolutely everything I asked. We received so many compliments about the music and his professionalism. He really made our big day perfect.

Sent on 11/09/2016

Michael · Married on 10/07/2016

Josh was the DJ for our October wedding and we couldn't be any happier with the services that he provided. We did the music, lighting and uplighting package and we got so many compliments on how the dance floor looked and the way the lights made our room look like a dream. Josh had no problem consulting with me and my wife and I as many times as needed, getting set up early and kept our dance floor PACKED all night with amazing music. He also did our ceremony music and surprised us with a bubble machine blowing tiny little bubbles before and after our ceremony. The level of customer service he put into our night was amazing. We had no worries that anything would go wrong and he kept the music and night flowing perfectly all night. When we told him the night before that we would have glow sticks for our guests, he surprised us again the next day at the wedding with a sign on his table that said "Let Love Glow" and had our glow sticks displayed all over, it was a nice touch. My wife had a lot of specific requests for music and he took care of them all. From her extensive dinner playlist, reception music and before the ceremony music as well as all of the special dance song, he did it all and made her so happy. He was great on the mic when he needed to be, and even encouraged us to sing along to songs when the night got really wild. I would recommend Josh and his company to everyone for his talent and compassion for his craft, as well as his amazing customer service and affordability. Next time we have a party, we know who to call!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/10/2016

What an amazing experience with light up the sound. I had chosen a completely different company, with the them I was never able to get a fast response, they didn't seem like they cared one bit. That's when I found josh at light up the sound. I can't even begin to describe the awesome, professional, caring job he did. You can tell when you have a good dj, but with josh it was even more then great, it was truly a spectacular experience. As a bride, this is what you want, someone who truly cares about what they do and make it the best night for everyone. It was the best time of my life, thanks so josh and light up the sound!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Brian · Married on 09/03/2016

I can't say enough good things about Josh and Light up the Sound! He was professional, kind, and an overall class act! He did an excellent job dealing with the brides mother and the brides demands, not to mention them changing their minds every 3 seconds... lol I would recommend Light up the Sound dj services to anyone and everyone. They did the ceremony and the wedding for an awesome price that can't be beat... Thanks Josh you guys are awesome!

Sent on 09/05/2016

We had a last minute event and they were very accommodating and responsive. Great value in their service.

Sent on 09/05/2016

Carly · Married on 07/30/2016

I would highly recommend light up the sound for any event. Amber was the dj for my wedding and she was amazing. We received so many compliments about the music and lighting. She was very professional, friendly, and easy to work with. She made everything perfect and stress free for my husband and I. She got to my wedding hours early just to set up and make sure everything was ready and perfect which made me so happy and not have to worry about any last minute issues. During the wedding Amber played great music and didn't mind my drunk guests making crazy song requests! The lighting was also great and fit the mood of our party. We originally only scheduled to have her stay till midnight but when the time came the party was still going strong and she agreed to stay an extra hour with a smile on her face. She even helped clean up! I couldn't say enough great things about Amber or light up the sound! Great service and great prices! They make the process so easy for people who have no idea what they are doing!

Sent on 08/02/2016

John · Married on 06/17/2016

Josh was fantastic at our wedding. Great announcer and can go with the flow, plays what can get people moving on the floor.

Highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Kim · Married on 05/29/2016

Josh was amazing and did a wonderful job on my daytime wedding. He played all the songs I'd asked to hear and also had no problems taking requests from my guests. We even got to do a little karaoke! I highly recommend Josh for any event!
    Kim Klein

Sent on 06/09/2016

D · event on 05/21/2016

Super awesome people! We did a corporate event for The Veterans Treatment Court. The staff we very accommodating, very professional and listened to my needs for the event. I would recommend and trust them for future events I would need them for. Thank you again Light up the Sound!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Kathy · event on 05/14/2016

Thank You for a completely superior job through rain, hail, and cold
    We greatly appreciate your services.
    thank you!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Josh and Kyle were great. Very timely (which is my favorite quality) and professional. I loved the vast variety of songs offered for karaoke, and the equipment was excellent. It added just the right amount of pizzazz that we needed. We will definitely keep Light Up The Sound in our thoughts for future events.

Sent on 04/11/2016

Great service, very professional. I would definitely hire them again!

Laurel · Married on 02/06/2016

The service provided far exceeded our expectations. We had a large crowd with many different demands for music often needing to be downloaded from guests' phones and online. Josh was engaging with everybody, keeping the music pumping when the event slowed down at times and cracking a few jokes at the mic. He arrived two hours early to set up equipment and ensure I didn't need any help on other technology I was working on outside his contracted assignment... helping me with power points and other music downloads. Josh is attentive to details, highly organized and friendly with an "everything matters" attitude. When several teens pleaded with him to stay longer to finish playing a couple of karaoke songs, he cheerfully agreed ending his work with us 30 minutes later than originally planned. The consummate professional, I will hire his services again and again!

Sent on 02/08/2016
  • User6582172 · event on 01/09/2016

Very professional and talented company. The lighting made our stage look flawless. We look forward to using you guys at our dinner & ball next year!

MARK · Married on 01/08/2016

Josh is a great person to work with! He provided lighting, video and special effects for a video shoot with George Clinton and my band at the Masonic Temple in Detroit and also at the Associated Food and Petroleum Dealers black tie gala at Penna's of Sterling (I am in charge of stage, lighting, sound and entertainment for the event). First class person, great staff, and a fantastic lighting and video show for our clients. Josh goes the extra mile to make sure that you are completely satisfied with everything and takes extreme pride in his work. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Christine · Married on 08/29/2015

We had a great time with Josh as our Karaoke/DJ host.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Tammy · Married on 08/15/2015

Josh did an awesome job. He played the music we requested and was sensitive to the music we wanted played.

Sent on 08/27/2015
  • I

Isla · event on 08/09/2015

I highly recommend this vendor. Light Up the Sound has done many events in my community which is how I heard about them. They are very reasonably priced and will tailor their services to your needs. Extremely responsive and dependable!!!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Linda · event on 08/08/2015

Josh has done many events for me and always has done a fabulous job. He has gone above and beyond to please me every time. I truly recommend Light up the sound for any occasion.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Tracey · event on 07/11/2015

Josh's company provided karaoke equipment for my daughter's graduation party. Every email was answered promptly. Everything happened exactly as I was told it would. The equipment was very user friendly and of excellent quality. The staff who delivered/set up/picked up the equipment were very friendly, approachable and competent. The cost was reasonable. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience. If you have singers in your group, karaoke is a great way to keep your event energized and fun.

Sent on 07/12/2015
  • User4920663 · event on 03/27/2015

Josh was great to work with and made the party very lively. Great job, we'll definitely be calling him back for our next event.

Sent on 03/28/2015