Light up the Sound Reviews

1 User photo

Light up the Sound 1

Marcella · Married on 12/29/2018

Best day of my life!

Amber was one of the best decisions we made for our big day. She was so responsive, fun, and professional. My family and friends cannot say enough about our DJ and how much fun they had. Our reception was an absolute blast and we have Amber and Light Up the Sound to thank for that. I would absolutely recommend this DJ, you will not be disappointed!

• Elissa

Elissa Harrison · Married on 12/07/2018

Incredible dj!

Where do I start? Josh, thank you for everything. You were always willing to answer my texts, respond to my emails, download special songs, go over anything I had questions about. You offered to help upgrade our package close to the date to fit our needs. You met with us at a coffee house to ensure our timeline was what we wanted, and fit our vision. On the day of, you were on time, looked sharp and were ready to party! You had everything I sent you to ensure the night went smooth. You were so flexible with whatever I wanted to do at my wedding. THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR NIGHT SO SPECIAL! Everyone had a GREAT time. People said it was the best wedding they had been to in years! Love, Mr. and Mrs. Mesi

Light up the Sound 2

Dondi · Married on 09/22/2018

Amber was amazing!!!! She was on top of EVERYTHING and we were so blessed to have her!!! Right from the start she was beyond helpful, fun to work with and is the best at what she does!! I look back now and realize without her our wedding would not been as organized and ran so smoothly!! It was the best day of my life!! And I have Amber to thank for that!!

Adam · Married on 09/15/2018

Light Up The Sound (Josh) was great to work with. Our guests commented positively on the music and presentation of the party. We were also pleased with how well Josh was able to coordinate with other vendors and keep the party moving along. Our wedding had lots of moving parts during planning, so changes in plans didn't seem to bother Josh at all. He was able to set up quickly and we experienced no technical issues at all. Highly recommended.

Alecia · Married on 08/18/2018

Josh was the best DJ! His music and light show kept my guests dancing the whole night. I had so many compliments on my DJ!! I knew he would rock because I had seen him before and knew I wanted him for my wedding. I highly recommend him for an amazing reception!!

Deborah · Married on 07/30/2018

Josh hosted our 30th anniversary party. We had so much fun. We danced all night. His selection of music was perfect.

Tiffany · Married on 07/07/2018

I am so happy we decided to go with Josh at Light Up The Sound. One of my biggest concerns was having an empty dance floor. Josh did not disappoint - every time I looked over at the dance floor, it was PACKED. He could definitely tell what type of music and vibe our guests enjoyed, and would play into that. He was always so easy to get into contact with, and genuinely wants to make your day special and-stress free. We had a packed day, but Josh was able to maneuver around it all. Even though we didn't get a chance to meet until the wedding day, I was super confident that he would do a wonderful job - which he did.

Maja · Married on 06/23/2018

We really enjoyed working with Josh and Light up the Sound for our wedding. He was very attentive to what we wanted and was in frequent communication with us when needed. Josh was great in keeping the night moving as far as the evening's schedule was concerned. We also had many unique songs we wanted played during the ceremony and reception and Josh made sure he had them. An overall great experience and we would receommend Josh and light up the Sound for any event you might be planning.

• F

Deana · Married on 06/16/2018

LUTS was a great choice for our wedding. Amber supported and guided my fiancé and I as the day got closer, played every song we provided in advance AND help create so many memorable moments on our day. She was awesome! It was 80-degrees on my wedding day. I was hot, tired, and a ball of emotions and Amber helped keep me going the whole evening with a great vibe. But to begin, she had the best approach to every piece of our timeline to keep us on track. The guests loved her. People could not stop telling me how much they loved her personality behind the mic. We had a great moment for the children too! Also, she helped my 'maid and I have a really special moment with my now husband... When I sang to him. She worked with the piano player to have him hooked into her system AND she brought an extra mic so that we were comfortable as we sang. She made it all possible! Give them a call - the Starlight package is worth it and Amber is awesome!! I had an outdoor reception by the way. So great for the atmosphere. Thanks LUTS! And happy planning, everyone.

Michael · Married on 06/09/2018

This guy is the best. He is very friendly and knows what he is doing. Helped us out with any questions and concerns right away. Helped all night with the schedule we were thinking and advice on when to do things. Played great music all event and takes requests. I will be giving his number to anyone I hear needs a DJ.

Sang-ah · Married on 05/19/2018

Thank you for being so flexible and professional!

Marielle · Married on 05/19/2018

Amber was Fabulous! The event was a success because of her...she has an outstanding personality with the ability to get the crowd motivated. Looking forward to planning another event involving Light Up The Sound! Thank you!!

Katie · Married on 05/12/2018

If you are looking for a DJ seriously stop your search here, Josh is AMAZING! To begin with, he met us in person, in the middle of a snowstorm, to go over the contract. He was incredibly kind and enthusiastic as well as not pushy about his services like many other vendors we came across. You honestly cannot beat his prices and he nailed everything perfectly. He found hard to locate music, followed our long (probably annoying) playlist, hit every single cue for our wedding, and went above and beyond. He kept our dance floor packed and even offered our guest to karaoke. He made sure he got the details he needed to pull it off without a hitch. He did both our ceremony and reception and I honestly could not be more happy or grateful we chose him for our wedding. If you are looking for someone who is going to make the music for your day perfect, Josh is it. Our guests keep asking about who did our music and I happily refer them to Light Up the Sound. I really want to throw a party just to hire him again!

charlie · Married on 10/07/2017

GREAT JOB!!!! He did everything that we asked of him, then some!!!! You can't go wrong with Josh...

• 2BMrsKing

Elle · Married on 09/23/2017

Josh was amazing! Kept the reception going with a variety of good dance songs. Super friendly, very professional, and truly accommodating. I'm recommended Josh to anyone in our area looking for a DJ!! Thank you Josh for being part of our special day.

Kristy · Married on 08/26/2017

Amber was absolutely amazing! She was responsive, energetic, accommodating and engaged. We would absolutely hire her again and would highly recommend her services. She was attentive to us throughout the night and made sure everything went as planned - and improvised when necessary. She went above and beyond for us throughout the process and was a pleasure to have around on our special day.

- Kristy & Caroline (Her first same-sex wedding) :)

Sandy · Married on 08/19/2017

Josh was awesome. He worked with us on the music. He was early and had everything set up on time. We used his bubble machine for the ceremony and it was like having a fairy tale wedding. Highly recommend Light up the Sound.

Kristen · Married on 08/11/2017

I cannot thank Josh at Light Up the Sound enough for making our wedding day so memorable. He was on top of everything. He was flexible as we were a bit behind schedule, he played all of the songs and artists that we requested, and he really kept people dancing and having fun the entire night! So many people were dancing it was amazing. I love that he even left a microphone on the dance floor which encouraged many people to sing! Not only that, but he was the best priced DJ I could find. I couldn't be happier with my experience with Light Up the Sound. I would recommend them to anyone. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Kathleen · Married on 05/20/2017

Josh is amazing! I showed him the venue and he was able to use the amount of lights we wanted and even suggested using these columns that went with the elegance of the venue! My husband and I had come up with a list of songs that really fit our personalities and were quite random but Josh played them and was really flexible and willing to help us create the environment we wanted for our wedding! My Maid of Honor did her speech to the Fresh Prince of Belairs theme song (hilarious) and she informed Josh of her plans and he played the music for her and kept the suprise ?? It was an amazing event and Im so grateful for Josh's expertise and flexibility!! PS I definately recommend uplighting....it made a huge difference.

Cindy · Married on 05/20/2017

BOOK HIM!!!! Awesome job, Great light show. We received so many compliments from our guests. No regrets!!!.
    He played all of our requests and our guests

Matt · Married on 05/06/2017

Josh and Light up the sound have provided excellent stage lighting for Static shows for a few years now. They also do an excellent job providing accent and experience lighting for the weddings we play as well as DJ services. We highly recommended Light up the Sound!

Karen · Married on 04/29/2017

Only advise I have and I thought you were great a little more interaction with the crowd. But then I thought you did a great job thanks Josh!

Kris · Married on 03/11/2017

Josh was great to work with for our daughter's wedding. He even made a special trip to meet us at the venue a few months before the event because he hadn't worked there before. He and his associates arrived early the day of the wedding to set up the three areas we needed sound. He provided the music and microphones for the ceremony; music for the cocktail area; and lighting, music, and microphones for the reception area, all for a very reasonable cost. The DJ table and lighting for the dance floor was set up perfectly for the space--Josh laid it out in a way that fit even better than what we had envisioned. He provided suggestions for special dances and an entertaining game for the bride and groom. He also did a good job of keeping our guests engaged. He was very accommodating to our requests and really went out of his way to make sure everything went the way we wanted it to. I would absolutely recommend Josh and Light Up the Sound, and will surely call them again in the future!

Maureen · Married on 10/29/2016

My 50th birthday party!! It was wonderful with Josh heading up the karaoke !! I'm a question asker and Josh was full of answers!! Light up the Sound does deliver a great night!!!