32 Reviews for Liftoff Entertainment

Microphones (1)
Sound/PA System (1)
Uplighting (1)
31 Liftoff Entertainment Reviews

Liftoff Entertainment was probably the best decision we made for the wedding. Last minute our singer backed out of being our MC for the night, and Jay stepped up to the plate. My Husband and I went to him TWO DAYS before the wedding, and Jay helped lay everything out for us. From the schedule, to the songs for the bridal party to walk down to, to even coordinating with the performers during the wedding. While we were eating dinner, my husband and I saw Jay mouth 10 minutes (with hands up) to the performers to let them know when they were supposed to go on.

Liftoff Entertainment also did our engagement party. I am Iranian/Iraqi, and my husband is Lebanese, so between the both of us wanting music from both backgrounds, on top of wanting some current American songs, Jay nailed it. For someone who is not used to this type of music, he just needed a few suggestions for songs, and then he was able to hit the ground running and feel the crowd.

I cannot say enough good things about Liftoff Entertainment. These guys are professionals, and they know what they are doing. Thank you so much for making our wedding run so smoothly. I don't know what we would have done without you.

Also, check out their photo booths, and giant letters! We had the selfie mirror and the letters Y&A at our wedding, and they were both a hit!

Profile Picture Jasmine, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jay at Liftoff was perfect for our wedding. Kind, punctual, well priced, polite, funny and seamless. So great!! Would use him and his team in a second.

Profile Picture Brent, 6/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Jay is very professional and great at what he does. He was very easy to communicate with and flexible in getting things done. Dj Jay used an online portal to help select songs and allowed me to send some specific mp3s of songs that weren't readily available in the portal. He did a great job of moving the reception along and keeping people on the dance floor. We presented him with a challenge because it was a multicultural wedding. DJ Jay did a great job mixing both traditional Nigerian and American music throughout the night and managed to keep everyone on the dance floor the whole night. It was a very successful night and he played a major role in making it happen. I would gladly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding DJ.

Profile Picture Jude, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired DJ Jay for our wedding and could not have been happier. Jay made our big day one to remember. He was professional, courteous, thorough, and one of the most talented DJ's you'll ever meet. EVERYONE told us after the wedding that our DJ was one of the best they had ever seen. He had his finger right on the pulse of the party and everyone had a blast from beginning to end. He played the perfect songs at the perfect times. He knew when to draw attention to the music and when not to. He was truly a pro. Again, we couldn't have been happier with Jay.

P.S. We also hired the photo booth. Highly recommend. We went back and forth when planning because they seem so overdone. Ended up going with it and it was the best decision we made, after hiring Jay. Everyone loves wedding photo booths. It was full the entire night.

Profile Picture Phil, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Liftoff Entertainment has 2-4 different DJ's and the one we had, Sam, was amazing. We met early in the process, discussed what we wanted, then closer to the event, touched base, reviewed notes and checked out the venue with us. Day of the event, he was early to set up, made changes to the timeline because of inclimate weather and overall was just wonderful. I highly recommend DJ Jay and his crew! Thank you Sam!! patrick and julia

Profile Picture User6953425, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
0.0

DO NOT USE!!! DJ Jay RUINED my sister's wedding reception last night. During the reception DJ Jay left his booth and was enjoying drinks by the bar. When he noticed my mother (the mother of the bride) standing behind his booth he stormed over and began aggressively screaming at her. It was really scary because we weren't sure what he was going to do next. It horrified all of the guests and no one felt like dancing for the last part of the reception, which is usually the most fun. Not only was he unprofessional, I feel it would be a big liability to have someone so unstable at your event.

Profile Picture Julie, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jay and LiftOff were great! We had concerns since there was a such a wide mix of ages attending our wedding but from 13 years old to 94 our guests were busting a move and snapping pics in the photobooth which was a huge hit! Jay added to the most beautiful ceremony with the best songs, at the right times. The day was perfect and we were so thankful for Jay's help throughout the planning process. The best in Dayton and surrounding areas, LiftOff came highly recommended and it was easy to see why!!!

Profile Picture User4664484, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

He did an amazing job!! The Music was great!!

Profile Picture Brooke, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jay from Liftoff Entertainment was great! He is very down to earth and helped make the daunting task of having to pick wedding songs so much easier. He kept our party going, hit all of our must play songs, kept things running smoothly and on time, and kept the crowd engaged despite many age groups.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/25/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Jay and his crew from Liftoff Entertainment did an amazing job at our wedding reception. He was super organized, tons of fun, and he kept the dance floor hopping all night long. We knew he was going to be great, but he exceeded our expectations.

-Lindsay & Patrick Eagan

Profile Picture Lindsay, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I recently got married and had our reception at the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery. This venue had a few logistical challenges but Liftoff Entertainment was up for it!

They provided music downstairs for the cocktail hour with a speaker and then upstairs in the main room with their full set-up.

The provided both the dj services and photo booth services and both were fabulous!!! I had so many great comments from my relatives saying how much they enjoyed the dj and the music he was playing. Jay is not one of those dj's that stands behind the table - he is interactive and played a huge part in keeping the evening moving along. He was so on top of things and he had great ideas/suggestions along the way.

The photo booth was a huge hit as well and they actually ran out of paper because so many people were using it - but they quickly went out and got some more.

I would highly recommend using them if you are looking for an affordable dj and/or photo booth services.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We chose Jay (Liftoff Entertainment) as our DJ and included the photobooth package as well. We could not have been more pleased! The music selection was perfect and Jay knew how to read our guests in what they would want. He and his associate jumped on the dance floor to get kids & others involved and the moment I told him I wanted people to dance- he made it happen! Everyone LOVED the photobooth. It was a great night made more possible by Liftoff Entertainment.

Our venue had the availability to be outdoors and the original plan was for the photobooth to be indoors. Jay had told us, if the weather permitted, he would place the photobooth outdoors (where the dance floor was) in order to keep the entertainment together. It made so much more sense and kept the party together.

Many guests have come up to me or my new husband to tell us how great Jay was. I would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

LiftOff Entertainment did such an amazing job helping with our wedding. Everything felt quick and easy and they were a huge part in making the day of go smooth. They provided sound during our ceremony and did a wonderful job at guiding the reception along through all the moving parts like toasts, dances, etc. The energy was great and people danced the entire night! There wasn't any of that awkward, empty dance floor and the DJ didn't hog the mic like other weddings I've been to!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/5/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Liftoff Entertainment created an unforgettable wedding environment for us. We picked some songs for different stages of the night, but Liftoff has a system that understands the music you like and do not like, so you don't feel like you have to plan the entire night. Liftoff listened to our ideas before the wedding and followed through 10 fold. I highly recommend this DJ.

Profile Picture Adam, 5/9/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I think Jay had gotten really busy, so getting a hold of him was a hassle in the beginning. Honestly if I could provide feedback to him on that matter, he may have lost my business if I had no contacted a friend that has used him before about the issue, but honestly he has the best photobooth around Dayton, so I figured it was worth the hassle. Everyone loved the Photobooth! I think it's an awesome idea to get a wedding album instantly of it. The custom design was perfect too. He was on time and professional. I feel his pricing is competitive to the area. He was flexible considering it was a Sunday afternoon wedding. He was friendly and gave good direction and kept in good communication prior to the event and during. Overall, I would recommend him for future and even use him in future.

Profile Picture User4512320, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jay was our DJ for our wedding. He was awesome and went above and beyond the typical DJ role: he brought the wedding party drinks, he directed the guests for dinner and took care of anything we asked him to! He was fun and professional and was worth every penny, as everyone had a blast with him!

Profile Picture Kaeli, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Liftoff Entertainment was absolutely amazing! The web based registration and song selection made set up so easy. I was able to add songs I definitely wanted to hear as well as note which songs were not to be played. Jay was both professional and fun! He kept the night flowing and took all the stress out of the night. Jay also had the dance floor packed from beginning to end. I am so so happy with my DJ selection; Jay was perfect. I highly recommend Liftoff Entertainment!!

Profile Picture Kerry, 10/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Jay - thank you for doing an outstanding job at our wedding. All of our guests had so much fun! One of the first things we heard after getting back from our honeymoon was "your DJ had the dance floor packed all night". I had the most incredible time from the beginning to the very last song, I loved every second of it!!! Thank you for playing all of my favorite songs and special thank you for incorporating whatever the groom and I wanted.

-Alicia (Bride)

Profile Picture Alicia, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jay kept the party going all night long with a variety of different music. Everyone was dancing all night and he kept the whole reception under control. It was awesome!

Profile Picture Kara, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jay at Liftoff Entertainment was amazing to work with for music during our wedding reception and ceremony. He initially met with us in person to go over different packages and prices. His prices were awesome and we were excited to work with a fellow University of Dayton grad! In our year of planning we used Liftoff Entertainment's online tool to add songs for specific parts of the ceremony, must play songs, songs you would like to be played, songs you don't want played, etc. We met with Jay again a couple of weeks before the wedding to go over the information we entered online in addition to every detail of our ceremony and reception. He was very interactive with our guests, extremely easy to work with, and had everyone dancing the whole night! We highly recommend Jay and Liftoff Entertainment for your ceremony, reception, or any other event!

Profile Picture Maryanne, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jay was great to work with and the photobooth was so much fun. He was very professional and put me at ease that everything was going to go smoothly on the big day; and it did! My guests LOVED the open concept of a photobooth. Jay supplied the props which were so fun, and he manned the booth all night. He made everyone feel comfortable and they had a great time. I looked for quotes from other vendors like Framester who were more than DOUBLE Jay's cost and I think his quality of service and photos far exceeded his competition. I highly recommend Jay and his photobooth services to anyone looking to add a 'pop of fun' for their wedding and guests. It was a great way to capture shots of family and friends letting loose. I will value these photos for years to come (which is good that he supplies digital copies!)

Profile Picture Diane, 7/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jay was VERY fun and helped keep the reception/entire evening flowing! He was great to work with, and his music was AWESOME!

Profile Picture Andi, 5/23/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jay was awesome! He came highly recommended by an acquaintance, and we couldn't be happier with our choice! From the time we met with him, I immediately felt confident that he knew what he was doing and knew how to make the reception flow. He was very organized with his planning, yet very flexible and approachable. My confidence was not shaken. I had several people come up and tell us they loved our DJ, and that unlike other weddings, they were never bored--that he kept the party going/flowing. He even got up with us and did the line dances, and helped teach people who didn't know them. Loved him, and so did everyone else! Our dance floor was FULL of people. We also did the photobooth through him, and he had two helpers for that. Everyone LOVED the photobooth! (And we love ALL of the pictures--they really tell the story of the night. haha) We did the photobooth for our guest wedding gifts rather than candies. People love photos, and they had a ton of fun with it. I have already recommended Jay with Liftoff Entertainment to other brides in the Dayton area, and have let people know who have asked about our DJ. I highly highly highly recommend Jay! I was not disappointed with our choice! I am very happy with our choice! And a DJ can make or break your party...so choose a good one.

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 5/17/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Photography

After experiencing Liftoff Entertainment at a friends wedding last year (2012), my wife and I hired them for our wedding last month and can not say enough positive things about them. DJ Jay worked with us months before our wedding to make sure it was personalized and catered to our style. You could tell he was intimate with the crowd and worked with them to ensure the dance floor was never empty...he even busted out a rendition of "Ice Ice Baby". Additionally, he played a great mix of slow and upbeat songs to ensure the older crowd enjoyed themselves as well. We also opted for the photobooth which turned out to be a blast! Liftoff's crew brought an excellent level of enthusiasm to our wedding and did a great job of keeping our rowdy guests under control and kept the photobooth process moving along.
Other positives included their pricing, which was on the lower end when comparing them to others AND they traveled across state lines (into KY) for our wedding. Again, we had an excellent experience with Liftoff Entertainment and would recommend them in a heartbreat. Thanks for adding to our day Jay!

Profile Picture Bobby, 11/9/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Photography

DJ Jay was excellent. He was easy to work with, did exactly what we needed him to do and was worth every penny.

Profile Picture Seth, 7/20/13, 1 Review