Liftoff Entertainment Reviews

42 Reviews for Liftoff Entertainment

1 User photo

Shelby B. 路 Married on 06/12/2021

Highly Reccomend

DJ Mike was awesome! He kept the energy up and the dance floor full the entire night. He really made sure everyone was having a good time. He was really helpful throughout the process and ensured everything ran smoothly on wedding day.

Sent on 06/21/2021

Nora K. 路 Married on 10/23/2020

Liftoff Entertainment

Jay was fantastic throughout the wedding planning process. Our wedding ran so smoothly thanks to Jay. He stuck to our list of "do not play" and "must play" so well. The night was a blast and everyone was on the dance floor! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 10/25/2020
  • Ann

Ann 路 Married on 10/03/2020

Perfection

Jay was the absolute best! He made our day so smooth and knew exactly when to help us out without us even knowing or asking. He perfectly captured our music tastes but also did an amazing job making everything flow naturally with his announcements and transitions. He continued to put us at ease if we ever seemed overwhelmed or like we needed a minute to ourselves. He brought me over more pizza without me even asking. This may seem small, but it was a game changer. 馃

He made our day better than I even imagined. Hire him NOW!

Sent on 10/05/2020
  • Elaine

Elaine L. 路 Married on 10/03/2020

We love Liftoff!!

Liftoff Entertainment was so awesome to work with!! Sam was our DJ and he was wonderful. We had a wedding in October 2020, which of course had some changes due to COVID. Sam, Jay, and the team were more than willing to work with me and helped create the perfect timeline for the day. Sam was more than accommodating for everything we wanted the day-of, and killed it with his playlist! I would recommend Liftoff to all of my family and friends getting married in Ohio.

Sent on 10/15/2020

John H. 路 Married on 03/10/2020

Liftoff was perfect!

We can't recommend Jay and Liftoff Entertainment more for your wedding. Not only did he provide the perfect playlist that included all of our favorite genres of music (and there were a lot), he kept the wedding running smoother than I thought possible and gave me the best advise of the day. When he saw that I clearly needed a couple minutes to myself when the guests started arriving, he pulled me aside and said, "John, I got this. Go hide for a bit."

Sent on 10/06/2020

Brian C. 路 Married on 10/26/2019

Bring your wedding to the next level

Liftoff Entertainment (Jay) was the DJ and MC at our wedding in October. Jay was the first wedding vendor I called the day after we got engaged. I've know Jay for a number of years now, from serving on the Big Brothers Big Sisters Associate Board together, from being the DJ and MC at my work events and being a HUGE contributor to his community.

I called Jay and asked him to DJ and MC at my wedding instead of being a guest because I had 100% confidence in him that he would execute flawlessly on the day, but more importantly, that I knew I would have an experienced professional leading all the events of the day, and that he would troubleshoot any issues independently, and that's exactly what he did.

Our wedding reception was set in a barn, and dinner was served in a tent just outside the barn. To add to the complexity of moving between locations back and forth during the day, it POURED rain from 9am to 9pm, so the adverse weather added a bit more "adventure" to the day. Jay took ownership of coordinating the guests on the day and navigated the troubles that came with the weather.

Liftoff Entertainment really were instrumental in making our wedding the most fun wedding we have ever been to, and Jay took so much stress away from us on the day.

If you're looking for a wedding vendor you can trust and that will go above and beyond to make sure your day is perfect, look no further. Liftoff Entertainment isn't just a company you call for a DJ to play a few tracks at your wedding, Liftoff Entertainment is a trusted friend that you call to bring your wedding to the next level without adding stress and worry.

We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Liftoff Entertainment to our friends and family.

Sent on 01/01/2020

Courtney 路 Married on 09/08/2018

Our wedding day was such a whirlwind, but Sam kept everything on track! The energy was insane and there was literally no moment when the dance floor was empty. Somehow, his jams got someone to do a back flip and someone else to rip his pants, so we'd say it was a great success! Sam created a moment that we will never forget - at the end of the night, he played our last song and asked all of our guests to circle around the two of us. Everyone was singing, swaying, embracing and it was just the best picture we will always have engrained into our memories as we looked around at all of our loved ones there to celebrate with us.

Sent on 09/25/2018
  • Tim

Tim P. 路 Married on 07/28/2018

Excellent DJ

Jay was our favorite vendor, without a doubt. He made the entire process beyond easy and accommodated a special audio setup for my best man鈥檚 speech. Our guests were highly complementary of both the music and the selfie mirror.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Jasmine 路 Married on 07/01/2017

Liftoff Entertainment was probably the best decision we made for the wedding. Last minute our singer backed out of being our MC for the night, and Jay stepped up to the plate. My Husband and I went to him TWO DAYS before the wedding, and Jay helped lay everything out for us. From the schedule, to the songs for the bridal party to walk down to, to even coordinating with the performers during the wedding. While we were eating dinner, my husband and I saw Jay mouth 10 minutes (with hands up) to the performers to let them know when they were supposed to go on.

Liftoff Entertainment also did our engagement party. I am Iranian/Iraqi, and my husband is Lebanese, so between the both of us wanting music from both backgrounds, on top of wanting some current American songs, Jay nailed it. For someone who is not used to this type of music, he just needed a few suggestions for songs, and then he was able to hit the ground running and feel the crowd.

I cannot say enough good things about Liftoff Entertainment. These guys are professionals, and they know what they are doing. Thank you so much for making our wedding run so smoothly. I don't know what we would have done without you.

Also, check out their photo booths, and giant letters! We had the selfie mirror and the letters Y&A at our wedding, and they were both a hit!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Brent 路 Married on 06/11/2017

Jay at Liftoff was perfect for our wedding. Kind, punctual, well priced, polite, funny and seamless. So great!! Would use him and his team in a second.

Sent on 08/26/2017

Jude 路 Married on 10/08/2016

DJ Jay is very professional and great at what he does. He was very easy to communicate with and flexible in getting things done. Dj Jay used an online portal to help select songs and allowed me to send some specific mp3s of songs that weren't readily available in the portal. He did a great job of moving the reception along and keeping people on the dance floor. We presented him with a challenge because it was a multicultural wedding. DJ Jay did a great job mixing both traditional Nigerian and American music throughout the night and managed to keep everyone on the dance floor the whole night. It was a very successful night and he played a major role in making it happen. I would gladly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding DJ.

Sent on 03/11/2017

Phil 路 Married on 08/06/2016

We hired DJ Jay for our wedding and could not have been happier. Jay made our big day one to remember. He was professional, courteous, thorough, and one of the most talented DJ's you'll ever meet. EVERYONE told us after the wedding that our DJ was one of the best they had ever seen. He had his finger right on the pulse of the party and everyone had a blast from beginning to end. He played the perfect songs at the perfect times. He knew when to draw attention to the music and when not to. He was truly a pro. Again, we couldn't have been happier with Jay.

P.S. We also hired the photo booth. Highly recommend. We went back and forth when planning because they seem so overdone. Ended up going with it and it was the best decision we made, after hiring Jay. Everyone loves wedding photo booths. It was full the entire night.

Sent on 02/18/2018
  • User6953425 路 2+ years ago

Liftoff Entertainment has 2-4 different DJ's and the one we had, Sam, was amazing. We met early in the process, discussed what we wanted, then closer to the event, touched base, reviewed notes and checked out the venue with us. Day of the event, he was early to set up, made changes to the timeline because of inclimate weather and overall was just wonderful. I highly recommend DJ Jay and his crew! Thank you Sam!! patrick and julia

Sent on 07/12/2016
  • User6057272 路 event on: 12/05/2015

Jay is not just a DJ and photo booth photographer....He is a professional! His goal is to accommodate, entertain, and create the atmosphere you desire for your event. Jay is fun and creative. Need a dance partner, he'll oblige!

Sent on 12/15/2015
  • User4664484 路 2+ years ago

Jay and LiftOff were great! We had concerns since there was a such a wide mix of ages attending our wedding but from 13 years old to 94 our guests were busting a move and snapping pics in the photobooth which was a huge hit! Jay added to the most beautiful ceremony with the best songs, at the right times. The day was perfect and we were so thankful for Jay's help throughout the planning process. The best in Dayton and surrounding areas, LiftOff came highly recommended and it was easy to see why!!!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Brooke 路 Married on 10/03/2015

He did an amazing job!! The Music was great!!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Amanda 路 Married on 09/25/2015

Jay from Liftoff Entertainment was great! He is very down to earth and helped make the daunting task of having to pick wedding songs so much easier. He kept our party going, hit all of our must play songs, kept things running smoothly and on time, and kept the crowd engaged despite many age groups.

Sent on 07/23/2016

Lindsay 路 Married on 09/19/2015

DJ Jay and his crew from Liftoff Entertainment did an amazing job at our wedding reception. He was super organized, tons of fun, and he kept the dance floor hopping all night long. We knew he was going to be great, but he exceeded our expectations.

-Lindsay & Patrick Eagan

Sent on 09/23/2015

Lauren 路 Married on 08/01/2015

We chose Jay (Liftoff Entertainment) as our DJ and included the photobooth package as well. We could not have been more pleased! The music selection was perfect and Jay knew how to read our guests in what they would want. He and his associate jumped on the dance floor to get kids & others involved and the moment I told him I wanted people to dance- he made it happen! Everyone LOVED the photobooth. It was a great night made more possible by Liftoff Entertainment.

Our venue had the availability to be outdoors and the original plan was for the photobooth to be indoors. Jay had told us, if the weather permitted, he would place the photobooth outdoors (where the dance floor was) in order to keep the entertainment together. It made so much more sense and kept the party together.

Many guests have come up to me or my new husband to tell us how great Jay was. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Lauren 路 Married on 06/05/2015

LiftOff Entertainment did such an amazing job helping with our wedding. Everything felt quick and easy and they were a huge part in making the day of go smooth. They provided sound during our ceremony and did a wonderful job at guiding the reception along through all the moving parts like toasts, dances, etc. The energy was great and people danced the entire night! There wasn't any of that awkward, empty dance floor and the DJ didn't hog the mic like other weddings I've been to!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Adam 路 Married on 05/09/2015

Liftoff Entertainment created an unforgettable wedding environment for us. We picked some songs for different stages of the night, but Liftoff has a system that understands the music you like and do not like, so you don't feel like you have to plan the entire night. Liftoff listened to our ideas before the wedding and followed through 10 fold. I highly recommend this DJ.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Kaeli 路 Married on 10/11/2014

Jay was our DJ for our wedding. He was awesome and went above and beyond the typical DJ role: he brought the wedding party drinks, he directed the guests for dinner and took care of anything we asked him to! He was fun and professional and was worth every penny, as everyone had a blast with him!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Kerry 路 Married on 10/04/2014

Liftoff Entertainment was absolutely amazing! The web based registration and song selection made set up so easy. I was able to add songs I definitely wanted to hear as well as note which songs were not to be played. Jay was both professional and fun! He kept the night flowing and took all the stress out of the night. Jay also had the dance floor packed from beginning to end. I am so so happy with my DJ selection; Jay was perfect. I highly recommend Liftoff Entertainment!!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Alicia 路 Married on 09/13/2014

DJ Jay - thank you for doing an outstanding job at our wedding. All of our guests had so much fun! One of the first things we heard after getting back from our honeymoon was "your DJ had the dance floor packed all night". I had the most incredible time from the beginning to the very last song, I loved every second of it!!! Thank you for playing all of my favorite songs and special thank you for incorporating whatever the groom and I wanted.

-Alicia (Bride)