Liftoff Entertainment Reviews

33 | Dayton, OH

33 Reviews for Liftoff Entertainment

33 Liftoff Entertainment Reviews

Courtney · Married on 09/08/2018

Our wedding day was such a whirlwind, but Sam kept everything on track! The energy was insane and there was literally no moment when the dance floor was empty. Somehow, his jams got someone to do a back flip and someone else to rip his pants, so we'd say it was a great success! Sam created a moment that we will never forget - at the end of the night, he played our last song and asked all of our guests to circle around the two of us. Everyone was singing, swaying, embracing and it was just the best picture we will always have engrained into our memories as we looked around at all of our loved ones there to celebrate with us.

Jasmine · Married on 07/01/2017

Liftoff Entertainment was probably the best decision we made for the wedding. Last minute our singer backed out of being our MC for the night, and Jay stepped up to the plate. My Husband and I went to him TWO DAYS before the wedding, and Jay helped lay everything out for us. From the schedule, to the songs for the bridal party to walk down to, to even coordinating with the performers during the wedding. While we were eating dinner, my husband and I saw Jay mouth 10 minutes (with hands up) to the performers to let them know when they were supposed to go on.

Liftoff Entertainment also did our engagement party. I am Iranian/Iraqi, and my husband is Lebanese, so between the both of us wanting music from both backgrounds, on top of wanting some current American songs, Jay nailed it. For someone who is not used to this type of music, he just needed a few suggestions for songs, and then he was able to hit the ground running and feel the crowd.

I cannot say enough good things about Liftoff Entertainment. These guys are professionals, and they know what they are doing. Thank you so much for making our wedding run so smoothly. I don't know what we would have done without you.

Also, check out their photo booths, and giant letters! We had the selfie mirror and the letters Y&A at our wedding, and they were both a hit!

Brent · Married on 06/11/2017

Jay at Liftoff was perfect for our wedding. Kind, punctual, well priced, polite, funny and seamless. So great!! Would use him and his team in a second.

Jude · Married on 10/08/2016

DJ Jay is very professional and great at what he does. He was very easy to communicate with and flexible in getting things done. Dj Jay used an online portal to help select songs and allowed me to send some specific mp3s of songs that weren't readily available in the portal. He did a great job of moving the reception along and keeping people on the dance floor. We presented him with a challenge because it was a multicultural wedding. DJ Jay did a great job mixing both traditional Nigerian and American music throughout the night and managed to keep everyone on the dance floor the whole night. It was a very successful night and he played a major role in making it happen. I would gladly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding DJ.

Phil · Married on 08/06/2016

We hired DJ Jay for our wedding and could not have been happier. Jay made our big day one to remember. He was professional, courteous, thorough, and one of the most talented DJ's you'll ever meet. EVERYONE told us after the wedding that our DJ was one of the best they had ever seen. He had his finger right on the pulse of the party and everyone had a blast from beginning to end. He played the perfect songs at the perfect times. He knew when to draw attention to the music and when not to. He was truly a pro. Again, we couldn't have been happier with Jay.

P.S. We also hired the photo booth. Highly recommend. We went back and forth when planning because they seem so overdone. Ended up going with it and it was the best decision we made, after hiring Jay. Everyone loves wedding photo booths. It was full the entire night.

Liftoff Entertainment has 2-4 different DJ's and the one we had, Sam, was amazing. We met early in the process, discussed what we wanted, then closer to the event, touched base, reviewed notes and checked out the venue with us. Day of the event, he was early to set up, made changes to the timeline because of inclimate weather and overall was just wonderful. I highly recommend DJ Jay and his crew! Thank you Sam!! patrick and julia

Jay and LiftOff were great! We had concerns since there was a such a wide mix of ages attending our wedding but from 13 years old to 94 our guests were busting a move and snapping pics in the photobooth which was a huge hit! Jay added to the most beautiful ceremony with the best songs, at the right times. The day was perfect and we were so thankful for Jay's help throughout the planning process. The best in Dayton and surrounding areas, LiftOff came highly recommended and it was easy to see why!!!

Brooke · Married on 10/03/2015

He did an amazing job!! The Music was great!!

Amanda · Married on 09/25/2015

Jay from Liftoff Entertainment was great! He is very down to earth and helped make the daunting task of having to pick wedding songs so much easier. He kept our party going, hit all of our must play songs, kept things running smoothly and on time, and kept the crowd engaged despite many age groups.

Lindsay · Married on 09/19/2015

DJ Jay and his crew from Liftoff Entertainment did an amazing job at our wedding reception. He was super organized, tons of fun, and he kept the dance floor hopping all night long. We knew he was going to be great, but he exceeded our expectations.

-Lindsay & Patrick Eagan

Lauren · Married on 08/01/2015

We chose Jay (Liftoff Entertainment) as our DJ and included the photobooth package as well. We could not have been more pleased! The music selection was perfect and Jay knew how to read our guests in what they would want. He and his associate jumped on the dance floor to get kids & others involved and the moment I told him I wanted people to dance- he made it happen! Everyone LOVED the photobooth. It was a great night made more possible by Liftoff Entertainment.

Our venue had the availability to be outdoors and the original plan was for the photobooth to be indoors. Jay had told us, if the weather permitted, he would place the photobooth outdoors (where the dance floor was) in order to keep the entertainment together. It made so much more sense and kept the party together.

Many guests have come up to me or my new husband to tell us how great Jay was. I would highly recommend him!

Lauren · Married on 06/05/2015

LiftOff Entertainment did such an amazing job helping with our wedding. Everything felt quick and easy and they were a huge part in making the day of go smooth. They provided sound during our ceremony and did a wonderful job at guiding the reception along through all the moving parts like toasts, dances, etc. The energy was great and people danced the entire night! There wasn't any of that awkward, empty dance floor and the DJ didn't hog the mic like other weddings I've been to!

Adam · Married on 05/09/2015

Liftoff Entertainment created an unforgettable wedding environment for us. We picked some songs for different stages of the night, but Liftoff has a system that understands the music you like and do not like, so you don't feel like you have to plan the entire night. Liftoff listened to our ideas before the wedding and followed through 10 fold. I highly recommend this DJ.

Kaeli · Married on 10/11/2014

Jay was our DJ for our wedding. He was awesome and went above and beyond the typical DJ role: he brought the wedding party drinks, he directed the guests for dinner and took care of anything we asked him to! He was fun and professional and was worth every penny, as everyone had a blast with him!

Kerry · Married on 10/04/2014

Liftoff Entertainment was absolutely amazing! The web based registration and song selection made set up so easy. I was able to add songs I definitely wanted to hear as well as note which songs were not to be played. Jay was both professional and fun! He kept the night flowing and took all the stress out of the night. Jay also had the dance floor packed from beginning to end. I am so so happy with my DJ selection; Jay was perfect. I highly recommend Liftoff Entertainment!!

Alicia · Married on 09/13/2014

DJ Jay - thank you for doing an outstanding job at our wedding. All of our guests had so much fun! One of the first things we heard after getting back from our honeymoon was "your DJ had the dance floor packed all night". I had the most incredible time from the beginning to the very last song, I loved every second of it!!! Thank you for playing all of my favorite songs and special thank you for incorporating whatever the groom and I wanted.

-Alicia (Bride)

Kara · Married on 08/30/2014

Jay kept the party going all night long with a variety of different music. Everyone was dancing all night and he kept the whole reception under control. It was awesome!

Maryanne · Married on 08/09/2014

Jay at Liftoff Entertainment was amazing to work with for music during our wedding reception and ceremony. He initially met with us in person to go over different packages and prices. His prices were awesome and we were excited to work with a fellow University of Dayton grad! In our year of planning we used Liftoff Entertainment's online tool to add songs for specific parts of the ceremony, must play songs, songs you would like to be played, songs you don't want played, etc. We met with Jay again a couple of weeks before the wedding to go over the information we entered online in addition to every detail of our ceremony and reception. He was very interactive with our guests, extremely easy to work with, and had everyone dancing the whole night! We highly recommend Jay and Liftoff Entertainment for your ceremony, reception, or any other event!

Diane · Married on 07/12/2014

Jay was great to work with and the photobooth was so much fun. He was very professional and put me at ease that everything was going to go smoothly on the big day; and it did! My guests LOVED the open concept of a photobooth. Jay supplied the props which were so fun, and he manned the booth all night. He made everyone feel comfortable and they had a great time. I looked for quotes from other vendors like Framester who were more than DOUBLE Jay's cost and I think his quality of service and photos far exceeded his competition. I highly recommend Jay and his photobooth services to anyone looking to add a 'pop of fun' for their wedding and guests. It was a great way to capture shots of family and friends letting loose. I will value these photos for years to come (which is good that he supplies digital copies!)

Andi · Married on 05/23/2014

Jay was VERY fun and helped keep the reception/entire evening flowing! He was great to work with, and his music was AWESOME!

Ashleigh · Married on 05/17/2014

Jay was awesome! He came highly recommended by an acquaintance, and we couldn't be happier with our choice! From the time we met with him, I immediately felt confident that he knew what he was doing and knew how to make the reception flow. He was very organized with his planning, yet very flexible and approachable. My confidence was not shaken. I had several people come up and tell us they loved our DJ, and that unlike other weddings, they were never bored--that he kept the party going/flowing. He even got up with us and did the line dances, and helped teach people who didn't know them. Loved him, and so did everyone else! Our dance floor was FULL of people. We also did the photobooth through him, and he had two helpers for that. Everyone LOVED the photobooth! (And we love ALL of the pictures--they really tell the story of the night. haha) We did the photobooth for our guest wedding gifts rather than candies. People love photos, and they had a ton of fun with it. I have already recommended Jay with Liftoff Entertainment to other brides in the Dayton area, and have let people know who have asked about our DJ. I highly highly highly recommend Jay! I was not disappointed with our choice! I am very happy with our choice! And a DJ can make or break your party...so choose a good one.

Bobby · Married on 11/09/2013

After experiencing Liftoff Entertainment at a friends wedding last year (2012), my wife and I hired them for our wedding last month and can not say enough positive things about them. DJ Jay worked with us months before our wedding to make sure it was personalized and catered to our style. You could tell he was intimate with the crowd and worked with them to ensure the dance floor was never empty...he even busted out a rendition of "Ice Ice Baby". Additionally, he played a great mix of slow and upbeat songs to ensure the older crowd enjoyed themselves as well. We also opted for the photobooth which turned out to be a blast! Liftoff's crew brought an excellent level of enthusiasm to our wedding and did a great job of keeping our rowdy guests under control and kept the photobooth process moving along.
    Other positives included their pricing, which was on the lower end when comparing them to others AND they traveled across state lines (into KY) for our wedding. Again, we had an excellent experience with Liftoff Entertainment and would recommend them in a heartbreat. Thanks for adding to our day Jay!

Seth · Married on 07/20/2013

DJ Jay was excellent. He was easy to work with, did exactly what we needed him to do and was worth every penny.

Liftoff Entertainment did our photo booth at our wedding. We loved that their photo booth is open-air allowing for more people in 1 photo. Jay at Liftoff Entertainment was easy to work with. We mentioned that we wanted an American flag for the background and they went ahead and got one for the booth themselves. Very helpful. We also appreciate them traveling from Dayton to Cincinnati for our wedding. We would recommend the photo booth service from Liftoff Entertainment to anyone!

My 89 year-old grandmother thought the photobooth was the neatest thing. So much, that she kept getting in line for more pictures. I loved how responsive and encouraging the photobooth staff was. They were calling her "grandma" and telling her she didn't need to wait in line and pulling her right to the front. It was absolutely amazing service.

When I booked the photobooth, my mother was a little apprehensive, thinking it was primarily for our friends. However, having viewed all of the pictures taken, I can say it was a hit with all age groups and the mature adults seemed to enjoy it every bit as much as the young adults.