Life's Highlights Reviews

Life's Highlights 6
Life's Highlights 7

Kayla L · Married on 04/26/2019

Truly Amazing

The best ever is really an understatement! April and Scott were phenomenal. I could have not asked for a better photographer! From our engagement photos to our wedding day they were there answering any questions or concerns and helping in any way they could. April is so sweet and truly amazing at what she does. I was so nervous about picking a photographer but as soon as I FaceTimed with her and her husband, I knew right away I was going to choose them. My pictures turned out so beautiful and I have had nothing but compliments about how my photographer did such a wonderful job. I would definitely recommend them, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Life's Highlights's reply:

Kayla, you are too kind!! Thank you so much for the kind sentiments. Your wedding day was amazing, and your photogenic beauty made our job easy :)
  • Bethany

Bethany Kussy · Married on 04/26/2019

Best decision ever!

I was completely blown away by our wedding video through Life’s Highlights! Scott did an incredible job and it’s something we’ll cherish for many years to come. From the planning and preparation stage prior to the wedding day, to the actual day itself, Scott was very intentional and efficient with his overall process. It definitely put my mind at ease among the various deadlines I was handling on my end. The end result was the most stunning and personalized video of the best day of our lives! I highly recommend Life’s Highlights to anyone who is looking for a videographer. It was absolutely one of the best wedding planning decisions I made!

Sent on 06/13/2019

chelsea · Married on 02/09/2019

The most incredible experience ever!

Scott and April are absolutely incredible. Thanks to their amazing work, we will forever have the memories of our wedding day. They were so much fun to work with and we couldn't be more thankful! Their work speaks for itself. AMAZING! Will recommend them to anyone and everyone looking for photography/videography!

Sent on 04/12/2019
    Life's Highlights 14
    Life's Highlights 15

Samantha Reid · Married on 12/12/2018

Nothing less than perfect

You can’t go wrong with Life's Highlights. They were very responsive, professional, and creative throughout the entire wedding planning precessions. We used them for both our engagement and wedding photos and videos. From our enegagement on the beach, to walking down the aisle, to dancing the night away at our reception, they captured it all! The photos turned out so beautiful and natural. I swear they were like ninjas, half the time I didn’t even know they were filming or taking photos. They thought of many different photo ops throughout the night and would steal us away for a few mins to get a few shots. By far one of the best decisions I made while planning our wedding was hiring them!

Sent on 12/12/2018
    Life's Highlights 16

Life's Highlights's reply:

As our first couple who hired us to capture their wedding story from start (proposal) to finish, we absolutely could not be happier with our experience working with you. Thanks so much for the kind words!!!
  • courtney

courtney · Married on 11/29/2018

Our experience with Life’s Highlights has been absolutely phenomenal!! We could not be happier with the service they provided!

Our experience with Life’s Highlights has been absolutely phenomenal!!! They went above and beyond to provide a service that is high quality and made us feel like they really care about their clients, which is so hard to find these days. Every step of the way they communicated very clearly and made us feel comfortable with all that they were going to do the day of! The turn around for the video was so fast that it shocked me! You can’t get any better service than what we’ve had with them. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a exceptional business to work with. We are overly thrilled with how the video turned out and so thankful they were the ones to capture our special day. They were by far one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Kristin Cook · Married on 11/02/2018

St Pete beach wedding - rain and happy tears

To put it simply – Scott and April are absolutely fantastic. My husband and I had both our engagement pictures and wedding pictures taken by them. April spends quality time getting to know you as a couple and what your expectations are for your big day. Unfortunately, it rained on our wedding day. As I sat in silence disappointed that we wouldn’t get the pictures I’d hoped for, April talked with me and reminded me of the sentiment I shared with her – I wanted to wear the dress, drink champagne and marry the man – everything else would be a bonus. So instead of surrendering to the weather, April insisted we go outside to see if the weather would be calm enough to get a few shots. Thank god for her suggestion because we got some spectacular pictures in between the bands of rain!!! I also wanted to get a group picture of all of our guests. So to kick off the dancing, April corralled everyone onto the dance floor and stood on top of a chair to get the shot. We managed to even get our 90 year old grandmother in the picture and it is hands down a memory to last a lifetime.
    In addition to the pictures, Scott’s videography of our day was truly priceless. We purchased the wedding trailer, and I am so thankful we did. They managed to intertwine the most meaningful moments into a 4 minute video, artistically marrying the best parts of our day. The video still brings tears to our eyes, even after watching it for the 100th time. My parents have showed everyone who asks about the wedding the video and the responses are a resounding WOW. I can’t begin to say enough nice things about not only their work but the team in general. I highly recommend using them for your big day! THANK YOU GUYS!!!! – The Cooks

Sent on 02/19/2019
    Life's Highlights 17
    Life's Highlights 18

Life's Highlights's reply:

Oh Kristin, you are too kind!! Honestly, when weddings run into unforeseen difficulties (like torrential downpours), we often learn more about those couples, and how they will handle the bumps along the road of life, than we do when wedding days are "perfect." What we learned about the two of you that day is that you will take what life gives you in stride and make the most of it! This is a really important character trait in a marriage, and you guys clearly have it! We so appreciate the opportunity to capture your big day!
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/20/2018

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Scott and April with Life's Highlights did an absolutely AMAZING job capturing all of the special moments of our wedding day! Not only are our wedding photos so, so beautiful, the professionalism that we received from Scott and April from the moment we first met over Skype (we were a long distance couple, living in Hawaii and getting married in Florida.. yikes!) is unparallel to customer service we received from other vendors.. & while planning a wedding can be stressful enough, it's safe to say that we appreciated this the MOST!

Scott and April, the work that you two do, capturing such beautiful moments, is the most special gift you could have given to our families and to others. We will look back on our wedding photos for years and years to come, remembering these moments with some of the most important family and friends, from all over the country, that we've ever known and loved. Our only regret is that we now live in NC while Life's Highlights is in FL! Thank you both so very much :)

Sent on 12/16/2018
    Life's Highlights 19
    Life's Highlights 20
    Life's Highlights 21
    Life's Highlights 22
    Life's Highlights 23
    Life's Highlights 24

Life's Highlights's reply:

Thank you so much Katie!! We too wish you lived in Florida so that we could work with you again. Hope to see you at a friend's wedding sometime soon :)
  • Tara

Tara Bruggeworth · Married on 10/19/2018

Breathtaking final product

The biggest thing I looked for as a bride was quality and professionalism and Life's Highlights outdid both categories. Meeting with them from day 1 and working through questionnaires was a breeze. I felt comfortable that they understood the vibe/theme of the wedding and what was happening. The day of they were so good at helping put me at ease while still blending seamlessly into the background to capture amazing shots. The final product brought the emotions of that day back to mind and my husband and I were in awe of the videos we received. In one of the videos Scott included an instrumental of a song he heard me mention during my prep time that had a lot of meaning to my mom and I and he included it in the prep video! I was shocked when I watched the final product and heard it!! This team truly pays attention to every detail! I even had co workers who had seen the video tell me they were crying in their cubes! Which means that the video truly captured all the emotion of that day! I am so thrilled with the final videos and I cannot wait to watch them throughout my life!

Sent on 01/17/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 10/13/2018

Could not be happier!

If you want the absolute best wedding photography and videography experience, do yourself a favor and book Life's Highlights. They are professional, knowledgable, patient, and took the time to get to know us and what we wanted to capture on our wedding day. They are the nicest people and made me feel comfortable every step of the way. I barely even noticed they were there at the reception yet they captured everything! I could not be happier with our experience and would recommend them to everyone for their wedding.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Life's Highlights's reply:

What an amazing emotional wedding Taylor!! Thank you so much for the kind words. We share your feelings, as we could not choose a lovelier couple to work with :)

Sarah · Married on 04/27/2018

Scott and the team at Life's Highlights is absolutely incredible! I had seen a wedding highlight film of his work years ago and knew when it came time for my wedding I wanted to use him as well. Scott is so easy to work with and quick to respond to emails. Our wedding highlights film was so amazing!!! We got so many compliments on it from all our family and friends! All of the special moments from our day captured into one highlight film and we are able to continue to relive those memories from our big day. To Scott and the entire team at Life's Highlights, thank you for so perfectly capturing those special moments from our big day!! We will cherish them forever!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Kristin · Married on 04/07/2018

Scott and April were recommended to us by a friend as several of her friends have used them and had rave reviews. When looking at their website I noticed a friend from high school and they had rave reviews too. They are fantastic! They are professional yet approachable, they Facetimed with us so we could get to know each other better prior to signing a contract. We loved that as it makes the day of even better. They were so friendly that when they heard of our pizza making blunders, they sent us a video of how they make pizza and it worked great!
    The parents of the groom ended up using them too for the rehearsal dinner. It was great to see April’s friendly face for Rehearsal and Wedding. The best part is that April is incredibly sweet and calm, but forceful enough to deal with my loud and funny family. We had some crazy weather coming in so our post-wedding photos were rushed with the whole family and she did a fantastic job, I still can’t believe how great they are!
    They respond quickly, provided our wedding photos quickly after our wedding, including one in advance for our thank you cards. We were able to keep all our photos and they provided prints at a discounted rate. We absolutely loved them and would hire them for any event! I’m pretty sure my husband wants to hang out with them if we are ever in Tampa to talk travel hacking with.

Sent on 06/26/2018

Maggie · Married on 06/17/2017

About a month before our wedding, we decided to hire a videographer. We were on a limited budget and only wanted to capture the key moments - ceremony, dances and toasts. Scott created a package for us that perfectly fit our needs and even gave us a discount. Our wedding film was beautiful. We're so happy we decided to work with Life's Highlights ad would highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/30/2017

Miriam · Married on 05/28/2017

From the first video intro call, to the months leading up to and on our wedding day, Scott and April were nothing less than amazing. I knew right away that I wanted Scott and April to capture our wedding as they were easy going, friendly, and extremely responsive right off the bat.

Throughout the entire process, they were so friendly and willing to help in every way. It was so reassuring not having to worry about anything and knowing that they were on top of every single detail.

Scott has a sense of calm and attention to detail that is uncanny and really shows through in his work. Our video came out to be a work of art and everyone loves it! In addition, working with April on my wedding day was such a blast. You are with your photographers throughout the whole day and I (as well as my entire bridal party) truly enjoyed working with April. The photos are stunning and I am always receiving compliments on them!

After the wedding was over, Sammy and I actually both mentioned how fun it was to work with Scott and April and how it really was a huge part in making our day so wonderful.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for putting so much care and thought into our special day. We can't thank you both enough!

- Miriam & Sammy

Sent on 12/08/2017
  • F

Frances · Married on 05/20/2017

Scott and April filmed our wedding day and we couldn't be happier with our wedding film!!! They are truly amazing amazing, creative, professional, and just good people that are committed to make your dream wedding/event come to life in a video to forever cherish! They are willing to work with even the most difficult of brides hehe;) and make them truly happy. They did a PHENOMENAL job and I would recommend them a million times !!!!!!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Life's Highlights's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Frances! Your wedding was an incredible party, and the bride was not difficult at all :)

Sherree · Married on 05/19/2017

We love our beautiful highlight video and documentary video of our wedding. We have received SO many compliments on them. They really get to know you and personalize your video to your style. They worked seamlessly with the photographer and other staff on our wedding day. They blend into the crowd while still capturing every precious moment. So thankful we have the perfect video of our perfect day! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Life's Highlights's reply:

Thanks so much Sherree! Your wedding was so beautiful, even with the rain! We were truly honored to be a part :)

Katie · Married on 02/18/2017

Hands down the best decision we made in a vendor for our wedding day. April and Scott are beyond amazing and I seriously recommend them! Not only is their work incredible, but their all around character and personalities make everything that much more fun. They go out of their way to capture the best shots and really care about what's important to you that you really want to have captured. The second April got to the hotel room where I was getting ready I felt like she was completely there for me. She really takes care of her brides! Use Life's Highlights...you won't be sorry!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Priska · Married on 11/25/2016

Scott was so fun to work with during our wedding day! I haven't yet seen the video, but I can tell he got so many great shots. Plus, I had a separate photographer, and they worked together very well. I highly recommend LH!

Sent on 12/14/2016

lauren · Married on 06/04/2016

April & Scott were beyond amazing! Life's highlights did the video for our June wedding. My husband & I are so glad we got to have the privilege of working with Life's Highlights. The first time we met Scott he was genuinely interested in getting to know my husband (finance at the time) & me. It's obvious this isn't just a "job" to them. April & Scott are so very passionate about what they do & it shows! On our wedding day April & Scott came prepared & ready to work! & honestly I don't even know how they captured every detail of our wedding day, because I never noticed them lol. If you're looking for an amazing videographer to capture your special day, then you cannot go wrong with Life's Highlights! They certainly exceeded my husband & my expectations ! :)

Sent on 08/16/2016

Melanie · Married on 04/30/2016

Life's Highlights beyond exceeded our expectations! We had Scott as our videographer and he was absolutely wonderful to work with! Scott created the best wedding video of our entire day and we could not be more happy! Every moment was captured beautifully :) We cannot express how happy we are to have had them capture our wedding.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Jessica · Married on 04/23/2016

We are so happy to have hired Life's Highlights as our videographers! Scott did an amazing job!! Very professional and responsive. Originally, my husband was concerned that he would have a camera in his face the entire evening - that was NOT the case at all!! Scott was able to capture our night beautifully, without us even noticing he was there! Turn around time was unbelievable - we had our wedding video back so soon!! We were thrilled with how everything turned out. Thank you Scott for everything!!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Katie · Married on 01/23/2016

Scott and April provided the videography for my wedding. From the initial emails and meeting, I knew that I wanted them to be a part of our big day. We had a list of multiple video vendors we were going to meet with, but after meeting Scott and April, we did not meet with a single other company. Throughout the wedding planning process, Scott would email me fun countdowns and wedding planning tips along the way. It was comforting to know that even though we would not really begin working together until closer to the date, he was still thinking of us!

As it got closer to our wedding date, Scott sent me a very detailed survey to fill out about every single aspect of our big day, so they did not miss anything. They were very flexible on scheduling changes as the timeline shifted once the day got closer and final decisions were made. Scott and April arrived early and stayed later to make sure they did not miss a single moment of the day.

Our wedding was an outside ceremony on a very windy day, Scott and April made sure that everyone was mic'd, so they did not miss a single line during the ceremony due to the wind. It was difficult for them to catch our readers since they were not mic'd, but they made sure to pull them aside and have them rerecord their reading to make sure it sounded perfect on the video. This kind of thoughtfulness is exactly what I wanted when hiring wedding vendors. Wedding vendors who did not realize an issue after the fact when editing, but instead noticed it, took care of it and no one knew. I would not have even known they rerecorded the readings had one of the readers not told me.

When we received links to all of the videos included the wedding trailer, I was blown away. They captured moments that my husband and I hadn't even noticed. It is so great to be able to relive our wedding day with the incredible video shot by Scott and April. They were incredibly professional, easy and super fun to work with. Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/16/2016

Amanda · Married on 01/09/2016

When we planned a 100% outdoor wedding we new rain was a risk. When it monsooned on our wedding day we understood that things could have really gone south. Scott and April understood the urgency and reacted fast. They kept us calm and made sure we got all the shots we wanted in between raindrops. Their professionalism surpassed our highest expectations and their efficiency was unparalleled. Their energy was perfect and we are incredibly grateful for the choice we made. We can't wait to see the finished product!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Amanda · Married on 11/28/2015

Scott and April were absolutely incredible throughout the entire wedding process! They gave us invaluable advice that truly made our day one that we will never forget. They're very professional, but made us feel comfortable in all of our interactions. They stood back and let us enjoy our wedding day while capturing incredibly intimate footage at the same time. Our wedding video was INCREDIBLE and exactly what we were hoping for. We would 100% choose them, again, for any of our photography or videography needs. I cannot praise them enough!

Sent on 03/21/2016

Kim · Married on 11/14/2015

Scott and April photographed my cousin's wedding and came highly recommended. From the initial email inquiring about availability and pricing, through the delivery of photos and the film, they were top notch in every way possible. If you don't hire them to photograph your wedding (and please consider adding film services - our film is priceless and such a fantastic reflection of our special day!), you're doing yourself a disservice.

Their communication is on point - emails are answered in a very timely manner, and they are thorough in making sure they are prepared for your wedding day in regards to making sure they capture the shots you want. Their professionalism and efficiency is spot on as well. They make you feel comfortable, which was important to my husband and I since neither of us really enjoy getting our picture taken! The end result turned out fabulous - there wasn't a sunset during our beach wedding, the sky just turned gray, but the photos still turned out beautifully. The film was amazing as well - it is well worth the money to be able to have each component of your wedding on film to look back on in years to come. It was also nice for me to see things, especially the ceremony processional, from our guests' point of view.

Scott and April and great, and well worth the investment!

Sent on 12/02/2015

I recently worked with Scott for our wedding video, and could not be happier with this company! I did a lot of initial research to find the best fit for what my now-husband and I were looking for quality and style-wise, and within our budget, plus the photographer we chose to work with highly recommended this company from prior experience. From the initial point of contact, Scott was above and beyond accommodating, professional and so knowledgable about wedding videography. We were planning from out of state so Scott's persona and knowledge gave us full confidence we'd be happy with the outcome. He made the whole planning process smooth and efficient, and guided us very well when needed. During the wedding, he was excellent to work with, and after got us the footage in a very timely manner. We are so pleased with this service & thankful that we were able to get to know and work with Scott, and have already recommended them to a few of our engaged friends!

Sent on 01/11/2016