Life Like Ruby's Reviews

34 | Philadelphia, PA

34 Reviews for Life Like Ruby's

Lauren Dioguardi · Married on 10/18/2020

Absolutely Perfect!

Working with Alyssa was an absolutely perfect experience from start to finish. She was SO responsive to all of my emails and calls and understood exactly what I wanted. She was punctual, flexible, funny, efficient, and so genuinely warm on the day of my wedding. For someone who hates being center of attention she made me feel incredibly comfortable in front of the camera. We got a preview album just days after the wedding and I can't stop scrolling through them!! The pictures are the perfect mix of candid and romantic that I wanted. She made a customer for life anytime I need photographs. Don't look any further for photographers. Thank you Alyssa for making my day so special and capturing memories I'll keep forever!

Sent on 10/21/2020

Jessica · Married on 10/02/2020

Engagement photos!!

Alyssa is the BEST!!!! She made my special night that much more amazing! I can’t thank her enough for all of our awesome shots. I am over the moon and she was so efficient! Thank you so much Alyssa!!

Sent on 02/06/2019
  • Jane

Jane Riccardi · Married on 08/22/2020

Working with Alyssa was the best wedding planning decision!

From the moment I first chatted with Alyssa 6 months before my wedding, I knew she would be perfect! Working with her was super easy - she is flexible, patient, and will not add one drop of stress to the wedding planning experience. The day of the wedding she and her colleague were super relaxed and friendly and put everyone right at ease during the getting ready photos. She got the final products back quickly, and they are gorgeous! She captured the exact style I was hoping for - classy, beautiful, and she didn't miss any of the special little moments. Planning a COVID wedding was stressful - but working with Alyssa was definitely not!! She will make the memories of your wedding beautiful!

Sent on 10/05/2020
  • Tali

Tali Clara Pelts · Married on 06/03/2020

Amazing photographer and such a pleasure to work with

Alyssa at Life Like Rubys was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. We had a tiny wedding during COVID and Alyssa enhanced our celebration by being such a warm and sweet presence. Her photos are incredible; we are so so happy and we will treasure the art she created for us forever!

Sent on 08/24/2020

Athena R. · Married on 05/10/2020

Great engagement shoot!

We did an engagement session with Alyssa and had the best time!! She helped us find the perfect location, arrived early, and took a TON of photos. I was a little concerned about the crazy weather that day (It was very overcast and windy), but Alyssa made the most of it. Thank you Alyssa!! We love our photos and feel so lucky to have found you for our upcoming wedding!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Reilly · Married on 03/06/2020

Accommodating and Sweet!

Alyssa is the best!!! I really wanted to have my engagement session taken at sunset, but I kept picking the worst overcast days. Alyssa was so accommodating and generous with her time and schedule. We rescheduled 3 times before we finally got the perfect day. The photos turned out beautiful and I couldn't be happier to have her as my wedding photographer. Book Alyssa!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Nila Sawyer · Married on 01/18/2020

Alyssa is a true talent!

Where to begin. Not only is Alyssa a joy to be around (she really makes your day that much more FUN), but she truly has a gift. Top that off with professionalism and responsiveness and you have a brides DREAM photographer! But seriously, Alyssa captured the spirit of our day and the people there in such a special, beautiful way that it brings tears to my eyes. She has an instinct and she just gets it. What a gift we will always be able to look back on that weekend through the eyes of her artful lens. Look no further for your engagement/wedding needs!!!

Sent on 03/01/2020

Melissa · Married on 11/23/2019

Best Photographer!

Alyssa is great! She was so easy to work with and such a professional. Very responsive whenever I had questions. My wedding photos turned out fantastic! We are so happy we picked Alyssa.

Sent on 01/15/2020

Katie S · Married on 11/10/2019

Highly Recommend!

Working with Alyssa was amazing! Not only were her photos incredible, she was so fun to have around, which is important since you spend so much of your wedding day with your photographer. We are so so happy we chose Life Like Ruby’s. These are photos e we will look at for decades.

Sent on 12/21/2019
  • ashley

ashley · Married on 10/06/2019

We absolutely loved Alyssa!

Working with Alyssa was so seamless during the wedding planning process AND on the day of. She was so sweet throughout the whole day and so fun to work with. She clearly has a great eye for creativity and she was able to send us a few photos right after the wedding which we already love!

Sent on 09/14/2019

Lauren Martin · Married on 09/28/2019

Best wedding photographer!

Alyssa is incredible. She is not only a pleasure to work with but she has such an artistic eye. My wedding photos came out better than I could have imagined. She was able to capture the most candid, intimate moments without me even realizing it. She knows how to make everyone feel comfortable and natural in front of the camera. I've never gotten so many comments on my wedding photos. Multiple people have told me my photos are by far the best wedding photos they've come across.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Chelsea Petre · Married on 09/21/2019

100% YES! A lovely photographer that captures all of the perfect memories!

Alyssa, quite simply, is nothing short of spectacular. Alyssa recently photographed my dad's wedding and we couldn't have asked for a better photographer or experience. My siblings and I hired Alyssa as a surprise for our parents since they did not book a professional photographer for their wedding. We reviewed many different local photographers’ works in the Philadelphia area (and I mean MANY), and really just fell in love with Alyssa’s style right off the bat. (We also were very lucky as she recently returned to the Philadelphia area after being located in New York for some time). The wedding was to be slightly non-traditional but Alyssa did not bat an eyelash at any of the odd requests that we made. We had a short chat with her to discuss what we were looking for and knew right away that she was perfect for the job. She was so flexible and accommodating with our requests and truly makes your wishes and wants her number one priority no matter what they are. This was further exemplified the day of the wedding, and really solidified how spectacular of a photographer she is. I called Alyssa when we arrived at the venue and she told me she was already there and had time to look around both the venue and grounds for the most ideal picture locations. This worked perfectly for us later on as we were able to seamlessly transition from the ceremony to the picture locations without skipping a beat. I was extremely impressed that she took such care into making sure she knew the location ahead of time to make the photographing session effortless. I was also impressed with the ease Alyssa moved in and out of the foreground and background, making herself known when someone needed to adjust their angle and blending in perfectly during the more intimate family moments. She also listens to any request and idea and is not one to put down a suggestion (or many competing suggestions in the case of my chaotic family). She truly listens to what everyone wants and then interprets it all, creating a fantastic picture. We also had my two-year-old niece in our wedding party and Alyssa was even able to work around her sometimes less than willingness to be photographed. If we had a million chances to do everything over, we would still pick Alyssa every time as our photographer. If you are in the Philadelphia/tri-state area (or really, even if you’re not) I absolutely recommend Alyssa. To top it off, she has a great spirit and personality and it makes it all the more worth it to work with her. When you meet her you will instantly feel like you have known her for a very long time. Overall, we ended up not only getting spectacular photos that will last a lifetime, but a lifelong friend, as well!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Life Like Ruby's's reply:

You're so sweet Chelsea!! I'm so happy you picked me to photograph your family. Thank you for the kind words and hope to see you all soon!
  • Erika

Erika maguire · Married on 09/21/2019

An absolute joy!

Alyssa was professional and went out of her way to make us feel comfortable throughout the whole process. Our photos came out excellent and I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Liz Sosi · Married on 08/28/2019

Photos Like Rubies too!

We had a stellar experience working with Alyssa!!! Not only were our photoshoots a blast, but our photographs were beautiful. I cannot recommend Alyssa enough. We are so happy with her service and product.

Sent on 01/28/2019

Joshua · Married on 06/23/2019

If you want the best in Philly, look no further.

If you want the best wedding photographer than stop your search right here. It started with our engagement photos. They were supposed to be one hour. She did not look at her clock once and let use keep suggesting different locations. She was more than happy to continue capturing our special moment past that hour. At the wedding her team was amazing. We had large wedding parties and too many family photos. In our minds we were never going to get it done and we were on such a tight schedule. Photos ended up taking 30 minutes less than expected. All the photos came out GORGEOUS. Alyssa's personality is amazing too. Kept us calm on our wedding day. Best wedding vendor by far.

Sent on 07/26/2019

Madisyn · Married on 06/15/2019

A true artist!

Alyssa is a one of a kind photographer. She's beyond talented and a true artist. Our photos turned out beautifully and there is no doubt in our mind that she will be able to provide the same quality of work for you. On top of her great talent, she makes shooting with her so much fun! We love having her as our photographer!!

Sent on 01/19/2019

Life Like Ruby's's reply:

Thank you Madisyn! I'm glad you had a good time! I can't wait to photograph you and Stephen again in April.

Danielle Tetreault · Married on 06/14/2019

Amazing! I love Alyssa so much.

Alyssa was amazing! When I first saw her albums from past weddings, I knew I had to have her as my wedding photographer! She had the exact look to her photos that I was going for. She was extremely easy to contact throughout the whole process leading up to my wedding. The day of the wedding was great! She was there on time and immediately started taking pictures of our venue and a couple candids. She had a few ideas for couple’s portraits, and they all came out great. When I got my photo album back, I cried. All of the pictures came back amazing! We also tried a sparkler picture that Alyssa hadn’t done before, and it worked so well. It is one of my favorite pictures we have. She isn’t afraid to try things she hasn’t done before. Thank you sooooooo much for making my wedding unforgettable

Sent on 10/03/2019

Danielle Raucheisen · Married on 06/08/2019

I can't stop looking at our photos - book her now!

I can't speak highly enough of Alyssa and how perfectly she captured our day! She's a true professional but also has a lighthearted personality that makes you and your guests feel at ease - because who needs more stress on their wedding day? We started with shots of just us in the hotel room and at a street festival nearby, and that time with her was honestly one of funnest parts of the day. We then met up with family and friends for group shots and she was an expert at coordinating everyone, capturing both candid moments and more posed shots. This was on Front Street in Fishtown in front of a bunch of murals, and she literally stopped traffic so she should get the full mural in the shots. She was also great at knowing what we wanted the day of without us really having to communicate it - she kind of just operated in the background so we were able to really enjoy ourselves and really relax, which definitely shows in the photos. Meeting with her beforehand to talk about style, shots we wanted, etc. was really helpful. And then the pictures themselves - like I said, I can't stop looking at them! They're exactly what I had in mind and are the perfect mix of candid and posed. The turnaround was really quick and the site she uses to deliver them was super easy to use and share with family and friends. I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 08/02/2019

Andrew Bonifante · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing Experience! Don't Use Anyone Else

Working with Alyssa could not have been easier. She was fun, energetic, and engaging the whole time without feeling intrusive on our day. The pictures turned out beautifully and the whole party was non stop talking about how great she is. If I ever need a photographer for anything ever again I am calling Alyssa. She made that part of our day so easy. The stress of it all did not phase her and she was a true professional without being stuffy. I could not recommend her more. If you want a memorable experience then having her as your photographer is a must. She's the best!

Sent on 08/02/2019

Victoria Von Baillou · Married on 05/11/2019

An unbelievable boudoir photographer

Alyssa did a boudoir shoot for me (a wedding gift for my fiancé), and it was the most wonderful experience! She was so professional and really knows what she’s doing. She was also so fun, and made the experience way less awkward than I was expecting! She listened to my concerns and insecurities and worked with them, producing photos that I’m so proud of! She got the photos back to me in less than a week, and always answered within minutes of reaching out to her. If you have any interest in a boudoir shoot this is your girl! You’ll have such a good time and have some awesome confidence boosting photos! I’m so excited to give them to my fiancé. Any photography I need done in the future I will definitely be using Alyssa again.

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 04/20/2019

I can't imagine having any other photographer there for my wedding day!

Alyssa (Life Like Ruby's) was recommended through a friend that had her engagement photos and later on wedding photos done by Life Like Ruby's and I was absolutely in love with the look and feel of the photos. From the moment I had reached out, she remained in touch throughout the process, talking to us like a friend rather than a business transaction. Before and during the wedding, she was just as warm and friendly in person, while remaining professional and not at all intrusive. She has a great eye with finding areas to shoot in (we were limited with our venue), but she was also open to suggestions and creative poses as well. What we really loved was that we didn't feel like we had to keep stopping during the wedding to pose for pictures, unless we specifically wanted a certain picture (besides the portraits we shot before the ceremony). My wedding party loved her as well, and I highly recommend her for any wedding or event!

Sent on 04/27/2019

Denise Chambers · Married on 04/17/2019

Truly Unique

My experience with Alyssa from Life Like Rubys was amazing. Alyssa spent the time to personally get to know my husband and I which made our experience with her truly unique. She was able to capture our wedding in a way that was both eloquent and fun. Her style meshed so well with what we were looking for and the pictures from our wedding were phenomenal. They captured everything we wanted them to and so much more. Throughout the whole wedding process, Alyssa was there to answer questions and offer guidance. I truly cannot thank Alyssa enough for all of her time and effort. My wedding was wonderful, and it was perfectly captured and my husband and I will now be able to forever cherish the wonderful memories that Alyssa has created for us.

Sent on 04/17/2019

sarah · Married on 01/19/2019

Absolutely amazing wedding photographer!

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Alyssa for our wedding. From the start Alyssa was so friendly with explaining her vision and she has been very responsive to all our questions and requests. Her and her second shooter Amy was so friendly yet very professional. Photos came out absolutely amazing. We not only love our portrait photos but we love that our friends and family photos came out so nice as well. Will definitely be recommending Alyssa for all our friends who are getting married!

Sent on 02/16/2019

Life Like Ruby's's reply:

Aw, thank you so much Sarah! It means the world to hear you like our pictures! So happy we got the chance to meet and work with each other :)
  • John

John C Clive · Married on 12/22/2018

Alyssa is amazing 100% bargain for the quality you get

I did not know Alyssa before she took my engagement photos, I had only looked at her online portfolio. Turns out, she's even BETTER than the photos she posts online (and those are great!). Hit her up. You'll end up feeling like you didn't pay her enough. I was SO HAPPY with my engagement photos and so was my family, that we had her take our family photos on the Rocky steps and I had her take my wedding photos. I CANNOT BELIEVE I stumbled upon her. What a find!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Life Like Ruby's's reply:

Aw, thank you John! I had the best time shooting with you and Maggie. And your family is SOO much fun. Hope to see you all again soon!

Jean · Married on 12/01/2018

LOVED working with Alyssa!

We spent a lot of time with Alyssa on our wedding day and I couldn’t IMAGINE hiring anyone else! Alyssa is the easiest person to be around. She’s professional, friendly, funny and confident. Despite our demanding timeline, Alyssa was able to capture everything we wanted and more. It’s clear she adores her work and will go above and beyond to take a beautiful photograph. Thanks to Alyssa, we’ll always remember the overwhelming happiness of our wedding day!!!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Life Like Ruby's's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Jean!! Your wedding day was lovely and so very creative! I wish I could photograph it all over again.