Lieb Photographic LLC Reviews

41 | Culpeper, VA

41 Reviews for Lieb Photographic LLC

Brittaby · Married on 09/06/2019

Amazing! Definitely book her for your wedding

We have booked Michelle for our wedding next year- and she is amazing! She has been extremely responsive to all of my questions and very helpful throughout this whole process. We just did our engagement shoot with her and she made the photo shoot very fun! We always tell ourselves that we are not photogenic but she told us how to pose and what to do. The photos turned out amazing!! I am so happy with them and I am so glad I booked her for my wedding! She was one of the first vendors I booked: definitely book her for your wedding!!!

Sent on 10/19/2018
  • Kristi

Kristi · Married on 08/10/2019

Simply perfect

Michelle was an absolutely stellar vendor and one of the best choices we made in our wedding planning process. It was really important to us to have a photographer who could take beautiful pictures of people AND details, since our wedding involved a lot of vintage and homemade touches that we really wanted to showcase however we could, and Michelle absolutely did not disappoint on that score. We were deeply impressed by the many recommendations and testimonials we had read, and so Michelle photographed our engagement shoot, my bridal portraits (plus same-day boudoir), and our wedding + reception.

Michelle’s attention to detail, along with her responsiveness and receptivity to our vision, was fantastic; she made time for an in-person consultation before even the engagement shoot, and I always felt like we were on the same page throughout the planning process. She was extremely organized and her timelines were essential for our planning; this along with her preexisting relationships and excellent coordination with our other vendors are a case in point for her commensurate professionalism in the wedding industry.

Michelle also went above and beyond on several occasions, including shooting in a totally new location (the Virginia State Arboretum) for our engagement session, adjusting our wedding timeline to include a first look, and facilitating a private, comfortable bridal portrait/boudoir shoot at Rixey, another venue with which she had a strong preexisting professional relationship. Michelle’s guidance and clear expertise helped me to feel more confident for the bridal portrait shoot in the weeks before the wedding itself, and the wedding photography went without a hitch even with some last-minute adjustments. Michelle’s second shooter (in our case Nicole) was extremely helpful too, giving excellent direction and helping to make sure everything, even the complicated group shots or sets of shots across multiple settings, stayed on-time. They were both accommodating, attentive, and they absolutely brought out the best not only in us but also in our friends, family, and wedding party.

We were really excited about Michelle’s fast turnaround of final pictures too — my bridal portraits and boudoir shoot were two weeks to the day before our wedding, and we received the photos days before our actual ceremony + reception. We received our wedding photos in a similarly timely fashion — nearly 1,500 edited photo files only two and a half weeks after our wedding! — and we could not be happier with the way they capture the spirit of our special day. Having Michelle as part of our wedding was an absolutely marvelous experience and her expertise and keen eye are worth their weight in gold; we’d recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat, and we’re so grateful for her work!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Emily B · Married on 07/06/2019

Love Lieb Photographic

Michelle was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. First off, when selecting a wedding photographer, we wanted someone we could feel comfortable with since we are a little awkward in front of the camera and Michelle is very personable and guides you through the process. Second, Michelle is very detail oriented. This pays off big time both aesthetically in the photos, but also in terms of developing a wedding timeline and capturing every moment you will want on your wedding day. On a personal note, I don’t think I came across anyone as thoughtful as Michelle in the wedding planning process outside of friends and family.
    Photography was a priority for us, as we felt that these are images we will look back on in 50 years. This is an important point, because stylistically, I don’t think you can go wrong with Michelle’s photos for weddings/engagements. Many styles of photography are beautiful, but these will age very well as trends change in my opinion.
    Finally, Michelle and her second shooter (for us, Nicole) work very well together, and are so much more than just photographers. From adjusting veils/hair, to helping the big day move along, to even picking some bugs out of the wedding dress (lol), Lieb Photography exceeded all of our expectations for a wedding photographer. She was also very inconspicuous throughout the day. Finally, I would highly recommend doing bridal photos before the wedding day with Michelle. You don’t want to feel rushed on your big day, and it was an excellent opportunity for me to see my whole look together (and in photos) before the big day, also without a ton of eyes on me!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Sarah · Married on 05/18/2019

You have to hire Michelle

Words really can’t describe how wonderful Michelle is. She is such a kind, gentle soul and so much fun to work with! She is an incredibly skilled photographer who was able to take a ton of formal shots and also discreetly capture sweet moments throughout the day. The album we received from her is GORGEOUS and filled with happiness and love. We absolutely love her and are looking forward to working with her for future events and milestones!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Niyati

Niyati · Married on 10/01/2018

Classic and Timeless

Michelle is really so much more than a “just” a photographer (and teacher of photography) and I am so thrilled to explain why. I have truly enjoyed getting to know her over this past year. Honestly, I procrastinated writing out my review, not because I didn’t want to write a glowing review, but because I wasn’t sure how to adequately describe just how I feel about Michelle. Personally, I think the world of her and it’s no secret that she genuinely cares about her couples and works diligently to provide the best experience possible. From our initial interactions, receiving her well put together wedding guide and welcome package with some sweet surprises, and from the first time we met in person, I knew we made the absolute best decision in asking Michelle to capture our story. Brides (grooms too!), look no further for someone to capture your big day and even help in the planning of your wedding. She has an extensive questionnaire, a great preferred vendor list, and helps you to craft a detailed timeline, all of which ensures you can rest easy when your big day finally arrives. Also, trust her on her vendor list! She knows all of the best and reliable vendors to make your day complete.

I was fortunate to first meet Michelle out in Arizona for a bridal couples shoot. What I didn’t know is that my then fiancé planned a surprise proposal and Michelle was in on it! We had so much fun shooting in the Arizona desert and experienced the most beautiful sunset, which, of course, was the perfect time for him to propose. Michelle was able to capture that moment for us and I will never forget that beautiful day. The pictures turned out like stills from a classic (and glamorous) western movie… such a gorgeous landscape!

For our engagement pictures, we had a location in mind where we wanted to shoot; however, due to concerns about rain and flooding that day, we ended up shooting at an alternate location, Rixey Manor. Michelle was so helpful and was able to coordinate us using this alternate location the day before, and guess what, everything turned out amazing! Michelle is a master at shooting in natural light and you would never guess what a dreary day it was as the pictures turned out magical as if time stood still with each frame.

For our wedding at Walden Hall, Michelle worked so hard to capture our celebration. Everything felt so natural as we were so comfortable in front of the camera and we owe that all to Michelle. We selected a hybrid film and digital package and cannot wait to see how these pictures turned out!

What I absolutely love most about Michelle’s photography style is that all of her photos are elegant, classic, and timeless. I have no doubt that I will look back at all of our pictures for years to come and appreciate the graceful poses, candid moments, laughter, tears, and shots of our friends and family. As I mentioned before, Michelle is not just an amazing photographer… she will laugh, cry, and interact with you the entire time, all while still being mindful of your private moments. If you choose Michelle to capture your story and big day, I promise that you will love her as much as we do!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Megan · Married on 09/22/2018

Perfect in every way

We are so happy that we went with Michelle as our wedding photographer! While our engagement photos were during some bad weather, Michelle was able to capture some amazing photos. She made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera even though we were freezing cold and wet. She was also so generous in offering to do a second engagement shoot at our wedding venue to make up for the bad weather. We got married at Walden Hall, and one of the reasons we choose Michelle was her deep familiarity with the venue and other area vendors. She was also so accommodating in creating our wedding day timeline.

On our wedding day, Michelle was able to capture all of the love and happiness throughout the day. We decided to go with the 10 hour package. This package allowed us to have a nice flow throughout the day and not feel rushed trying to fit all of the photos we wanted in to a shorter period of time. Because of her familiarity with the venue she knew all of the best places to take photos which helped us stay on time. She gave great directions and helped everyone feel comfortable. Once we received the photos we were absolutely blown away- so classic and timeless! We are so happy to have these photos in our lives. We would recommend Michelle to anyone!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Jessica Magarelli · Married on 07/21/2018

Look no further, the perfect wedding photographer!

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, look no further. Michelle IS AMAZING and we cannot recommend her enough. From the beginning to the end, she offered her support, advice and guidance. She went above and beyond any expectations we had and became more a friend than a vendor in the process.

From our first experience with Michelle during our engagement session, to our bridal portraits the day of our wedding, Michelle “got us” and made us feel so comfortable and confident in front of the camera. She will make sure your day is captured perfectly because she is so organized, experienced and attentive to detail. You can tell that she genuinely loves what she does through her stunning photos. Our families were also very impressed with how she handled the family formal pictures and the many little ring bearers and flower girls we had. She effortlessly moved groups around and ensured that everyone was happy with their placement while sticking to the detailed timeline. We would recommend Michelle and her work to anyone, and will treasure our photos for years to come!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Maribel · Married on 07/07/2018

Amazing Photographer

Michelle was our first-choice photographer from the moment we came across her work on Instagram. Michelle is very creative, and we just love her style of photography. She is very friendly and professional and she really helped put us at ease and enjoy our day, whilst getting all the shots we wanted. The end result is AMAZING, and we absolutely love our photos. We highly recommend Michelle!!

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Noah

Noah Curtis · Married on 06/16/2018

Best you can get!

"Words cannot describe how happy my wife and I are that we chose Michelle as our wedding photographer. From the moment we booked her, through our engagement photos, wedding, and finally receiving our photos she has been the easiest person to work alongside. She made us feel at ease when we felt awkward during our engagement shoot, which really helped us to feel at ease on our actual wedding day. We also had never considered a "first look" before meeting with Michelle and we are so happy we ended up doing one. Besides her being a breeze to work with, her photos are just phenomenal. She really captured the love shared between my wife and I. I was hesitant in the beginning of the planning process and putting aside so much money towards one vendor, but in the end it was worth every dollar spent because we now have memories that will last a lifetime.

Also, Michelle has the fastest turnaround time and blew our minds with how quickly we received all of our 1000+ photos post-wedding. Only a week and a half after the wedding!! She has also been super helpful with getting pictures and canvases ordered. We just recently ordered two canvases from Michelle and the quality is perfect. One final note is that she made the wedding day feel like a well oiled machine with all of her prep work, timelines, and planning. We were able to give our family/wedding party a head-ups in advance and they were all ready to go when they were needed for their various group shots. This allowed everyone to have more time to enjoy cocktail hour and each other's company. 10/10 would recommend Michelle to all of my friend's and family."

Sent on 11/26/2018

Amanda · Married on 06/15/2018

I am so grateful that Michelle was able to capture the beauty and love from our perfect wedding day. It is hard to put into words how in love we are with all of photographs, they are so great. Better than I ever expected and fulfilled all my childhood dreams of my perfect wedding day to remember forever. So many people have been messaging me with how amazing they are and I couldn’t agree more. Can’t stop looking at them!!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Makayla Jackson · Married on 05/26/2018

Simply Amazing

Michelle is simply AMAZING! Right from our first meeting, we knew she was exactly the sort of photographer we wanted to capture our special day! From the beginning through to the end she offered endless support, advice and guidance. We are a pretty shy couple and we never had professional pictures done, we had no clue what to expect. But during our engagement shoot she put us at ease straight away, we laughed lots and the photos absolutely beautiful. Her experience and professionalism shines through, allowing you to relax, and have the best day of your lives!

Our wedding day did not go as planned. We planned a beautiful hilltop wedding on our family farm. The weather started of beautiful that day until about an hour before the ceremony. Four storms converged into one over the ceremony sight, with torrential down pours, flooding and my brother in-law being struck by lighting (He is OK!!). Michelle was right their by my side helping in anyway possible. We decided to get married on the little covered porched, we all the girls were getting ready. Michelle helped my mother and wedding coordinator pull everything together, and we were married. All though the day did not go as planned, it was the best day of our lives and definitely a day we will never forget! Michelle is not only an amazing photographer, but she is one of the kindest people you will ever meet! We were so lucky to have Michelle capture our special day and we would recommend her to everyone!!

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • starrEknight

Jackie · Married on 04/28/2018

I think I'm in love does not accurately capture my feelings for Michelle, I LOVE this woman! We were referred to Lieb Photographic, LLC by my Matron of Honor who utilized Michelle's photography services for her five year wedding anniversary photos. As soon as I browsed her website and gallery I knew this was the perfect photographer for the look I wanted to capture our special day. Michelle's lighting style is so light and airy which is exactly how I want to remember this day forever. We scheduled a consult with Michelle and fell in love over coffee, we did not need to look any further for our photographer. Michelle was so wonderful that she even provided recommendations for other wedding vendors she is familiar with and we ended up selecting our Florist/Day of Coordinator (The Posey Detail) and hair/makeup (Yisell Santos) from her list of colleagues. This was the first time my husband has done professional photos and Michelle made him feel so very comfortable in front of the camera. You can literally see the transition during our engagement photos of when he started feeling comfortable. It's so so smart that Michelle includes the engagement photo services because it really does allow her to get to know you as a couple and for you to get to know her shooting style. Speaking of shooting style...you will never feel uncomfortable in your photos because Michelle does not put you into super posed looks! All of our photos are so light and natural because of this; she is so skilled at capturing the natural chemistry between a couple. Please do yourself a favor and schedule a consultation with Lieb Photographic because I know you'll love her too!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Emily · Married on 10/28/2017

I researched many, many wedding photographers, but as soon I looked at Michelle’s work I knew I wanted her as my photographer. Michelle took the time to meet with me and answered any questions that I had. She gave small gifts and an entire booklet filled with wedding day advice!

Michelle was extremely helpful, and closer to the wedding spent her evenings and free time trying to fit in all the shots I wanted for the day. I couldn’t’ be happier with all the photos she got!

She did an amazing job the day of; keeping track of time and keeping everyone together. I didn’t worry about a thing!

I was married at the end of October and the fall foliage was in full force. Michelle was able to capture the beauty of the leaves and got some gorgeous sunset pictures! She was able to capture each special moment during the ceremony and reception.

When the pictures came back they were absolutely amazing! I cannot express how beautiful they are!

I got my pictures back quickly, and the online viewing is perfect. I was able to share them right away and order any prints I wanted.

If you want amazing, gorgeous, and stunning pictures, Michelle is the photographer for you!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Mollie · Married on 10/14/2017

Where to even begin!? Michelle was by far one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. She is far more than just a great photographer. From start to finish, she is there for you every step of the way. On our first meeting I found her energy and enthusiam so contagious. She truly puts her heart and soul into her business and really serves her clients. As a part of her package, you get an engagement photoshoot. This was a great way for her to not only meet you as a couple, but a way for you to get used to being infront of a camera posing! My now-husband and I are not good picture takers, but Michelle instantly makes you feel comfortable and what I loved most about her photography style was her tips and tricks to get fun and GENUINE candid pictures! Michelle was a part of our planning from start to finish. She was constantly sending out emails to her brides and keeping them in the loop about any fun bridal events going on in the area as well as anything that may be coming up in her own schedule that may cause response delays. On our wedding day she was such a calming presence. She kept a strict timeline, but was flexible if anything needed to be adjusted. After our wedding, she got our edited pictures to us in a shockingly timely manner. I dont know how she edits such beautiful photos so qucikly! Her creativity is truly expressed in her photos, each one more beautiful than the next. If you want beautiful wedding pictures that perfectly capture you wedding story, Michelle is your girl!

Sent on 11/25/2017

Meghan · Married on 09/30/2017

After searching tirelessly for a wedding photographer we finally found what we were looking for with Michelle. Her work stood out by a mile and we knew instantly that we had to hire her. All our memories from the wedding day were captured perfectly from start to finish. Michelle’s unique use of light and gorgeous tones made our wedding look like a beautifully shot movie.

We felt that Michelle really made the effort to get to know us and ensured that the photos of our wedding reflected our personalities which was such a nice personal touch. It was so nice to have her as part of our special day because she is clearly so passionate about what she does. Her friendly disposition, seemingly infinite supply of energy and undeniable sense of fun allowed us to completely relax in her company and be our true selves in front of the lens.

Everything was perfect, from communication, quick turnaround and shots of pure gold that we will treasure forever. We can’t thank / recommend Lieb Photographic enough.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Kristen · Married on 08/19/2017

Hiring Michelle for our wedding photography was by far the best decision I made in the wedding planning process. First and foremost, it's obvious to see that her photo capturing ability and editing style is absolutely stunning! It really goes without saying how talented she is. Not only that, she goes WAY above and beyond to make sure everything within her control (and sometimes even outside of her control) runs as smooth as possible on your wedding day. She spent hours working with me on a perfect day-of timeline, she sent me personalized and candid vendor recommendations, she provides a complementary engagement session, and she even gave us sweet little gifts along the way. The most priceless part of all is her warm and positive personality with great communications skills. She made me, my husband, wedding party, and family all feel so comfortable in front of the camera, and she has no trouble suggesting creative poses and herding large groups to the next location. This skill set is so very important to really capture the love, beauty, and happiness of the day. Family members kept commenting to me how much they loved her! What a special person Michelle is; we all highly recommend!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Megan · Married on 06/10/2017

Michelle is so good at what she does!! She was highly recommended to me by my wedding planner, and when I started looking at the photos on her website, I couldn't believe how beautiful they were. What you see is what you get with Michelle - my engagement and wedding photos were every bit as beautiful as the ones on her website; they were even more beautiful than I could've ever imagined. Our family and friends keep telling us how great the pictures are. I think one friend said it best, "she really captured the love between you guys!"

Not only are Michelle's pictures amazing, but she is also a joy to work with. She's always enthuiastic and kind. She made us feel comfortable around her and in front of the camera, and I think that shows in the pictures.

I can't recommend Michelle enough. I am so glad we chose her to capture the memories of our wedding day, she did it perfectly.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Alyssa · Married on 06/03/2017

Michelle Lieb was incredible to work with during the planning of my wedding as well as the day of. She was flexible and patient with several last minute changes that had to be made. Michelle's style is beautiful, artistic, and yet humbly honest and real. The photographs came out more beautiful than I could have ever imagined and the editing was impeccable. She is great at coaching you into the perfect pose and getting wonderfully candid shots of family and friends. We would absolutely recommend Lieb Photographic for your special day.

Sent on 11/24/2017

Brandi · Married on 06/02/2017

Michelle was wonderful! Not only did she help my daughter plan in advance the specific photos she wanted to capture, she also provided her with so much additional information on local vendors to help with all the planning for her big day. She was very professional & did a great job keeping our very large family in order! Most of all the photos she took are absolutely beautiful! We are so happy we chose her to capture this special day! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Kristi · Married on 05/20/2017

There are not enough words to express how thankful we are that we found Michelle to be the photographer for Lindsey and Reid's magical day. She was lovely, professional, and worked with us on every detail of the timing to make sure we captured the perfect shots! And then she provided even more incredible images with her creative and magical touch. What a joy it was to have her as part of the team that created a perfect day with the memories told on her images!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Lieb Photographic LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Kristi! I loved every part of the day and serving your wonderful family!!!

Kayla · Married on 04/29/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Michelle. Not only did she provide us with beautiful images from our wedding and engagement session, but she was an absolute joy to work with. Her calm, kind, lighthearted demeanor kept us feeling relaxed and natural when posing for photos. Day-of, she was absolutely seamless in keeping things running smoothly and on schedule (and considering the number of wedding party attendants and family members we had, that is a huge feat). She provided invaluable help with our day-of timeline, as well as plenty of honest, kind advice throughout the planning process. We absolutely loved all of the photos that came out of our wedding and engagement sessions, and she was quick to turn around the final product. Hiring her was one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding-- I can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 05/18/2017

Lauren · Married on 03/18/2017

Michelle was AMAZING! She answered all our questions throughout the wedding planning process and made my husband and I feel so relaxed and comfortable during our engagement session and most of all on our wedding day! Our pictures are absolutely gorgeous and really show who we are as a couple. Michelle is so friendly and her personality, talking us through the photos and helping us laugh and smile naturally, really made the difference for us! I would recommend her to anyone and will definitely use her again!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Colleen · Married on 11/12/2016

Where do we start? First off. Mrs. Lieb (as we call her) is amazing. Simply said--we love her.
    From day one of wedding planning, we knew photography for our wedding day was a number one priority, and we knew exactly who wanted on our wedding dream team. On our first meet up, we were given a welcome package that included so much helpful material. Mrs. Lieb made everything so personal for us--always quick to respond back to my neverending questions and on point with all of her ideas to improve and expand upon our wedding day plans. She was the reason why our rustic chic wedding had a giant hay bale outside--and man! The photos from that one exceptional idea turned out divine!!! Another thing to know about her is that she really works to get you involved in local wedding planning events, date night ideas, and even sends out a monthly newsletter! We attended the Rustic Showcase as well as the Bridal 5k, both events we would have never known about if it weren't for Mrs. Lieb reaching out to us. She even arranged a winery date where all her brides that year got to meet each other and collaborate. The engagement session was included in our package--she made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and the photos we got back were exceptional! She was so willing to run along with our idea of having it at a farm--even hopping fences to get the perfect shot of us. When the wedding day came, we were confident, comfortable, and at this point Mrs. Lieb was family in our eyes. She showed up ready to go, and eased every nerve in my body. When the timeline had to be adjusted moments before the ceremony, she needed no help in making it work for what we wanted. She just did her thing, and it was perfect. She made sure that day was just what it needed to be, OUR day. My husband is already talking about our future photo sessions just to have an excuse to have our photographs taken by Mrs. Lieb again! (And that's coming from a man who hates photos! Yeah, she's THAT incredible.)

Sent on 11/25/2016

Lauren · Married on 11/05/2016

Photography was probably my number one priority for my wedding day. I looked through dozens of photographer pages and reviews until I found Michelle. Michelle's work is breathtaking. She captures the beauty in natural elements and captures those little moments.

Working with Michelle was great. She is super responsive and invested in your big day. She goes above and beyond to capture your day how you want to remember it. Michelle doesn't just play the role of photographer but also will gladly help answer any questions and provide advice about planning, coordination and logistics, and vendor referral. I couldn't believe how many extra things Michelle did throughout the year of planning, and now continuing on after our day to make sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted and the memories last forever. I love the fact that she setup events for her brides to come to and share advice, the monthly newsletter with vendor referrals and helpful tips, and even just a way to get to know her better so that she is not just another vendor at your wedding but someone you have come to know and care about.

I can't thank Michelle enough for all of her help and her amazing work and support.

Sent on 11/25/2016

Emilie · Married on 10/08/2016

When we started planning, we were mindful of costs but also knew the photos would last our whole lives. With Michelle, we stayed in our budget and got high quality photos. I was drawn to her personality and commitment to ensure we had a good experience.
    I first met her in person at the Rixey Manor holiday party. It was wonderful to interact with her and she got me excited for our engagement shoot. Before the shoot, she kept us updated on the weather and gave us multiple alternatives. We lucked out with mist. She was accommodating of my many "must have" locations and multiple outfits. We had fun the whole evening and I loved how natural we looked.
    Before the wedding, I gave Michelle all the must have family photos. She was VERY thorough in creating a timeline for our day. This kept me at ease since I knew everything would be taken care of. We went through timeline iterations to ensure that we’d get the shots we wanted AND we’d be able to enjoy our reception. On top of that, Michelle offered to stop by our rehearsal dinner just to capture our tea ceremony.
    On our wedding day, she captured meaningful photos of us getting ready, the first look with my dad and then with my husband. She knew the great settings and everything turned out amazingly (despite rain). Before the ceremony, we also took bridal party shots which meant more time to spend with guests! After the ceremony, we quickly took family shots thanks to all her pre-wedding organization! I was even able to mingle during cocktail hour!
    Michelle helped plan wedding details and made us consider things we hadn't thought of. She worked well with other vendors to ensure things went smoothly. I felt like she cared about us and prioritized what we wanted out of our photos. The best part? I got my photos just two weeks after our wedding! I have friends who got married before me that are still waiting for theirs and this is just the cherry on top to me.

Sent on 10/26/2016