Lido Beach Resort Reviews

47 | Sarasota, FL

47 Reviews for Lido Beach Resort

Patrick Jarrell · Getting married on 02/29/2020

Very professional yet fun.

Cordnature went above and beyond our expectations. She actually listened to what we wanted and offered several choices. This was the very first venue we looked at And both of us agreed on the spot this was the perfect place for our wedding

Sent on 03/26/2019
  • Tracy

Tracy Mason · Married on 07/26/2019

Amazing and Perfect

What a wonderful experience we had with Lido Beach Resort. Sara and her team took care of EVERYTHING! All of our guests stayed at the resort to give us that togetherness feel for the entire time. The beach style wedding was PERFECT. I've never had so many compliments from all of my guests regarding the resort and the food and service at the reception. THANK YOU!!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Awesome · Married on 07/29/2017

My husband and I have to hand it to the Lido Beach Resort and their wonderful staff. Our wedding was everything we could have dreamed of, thanks to their help. We choose to have a destination wedding and when we saw their venue, we knew this was the place. If you haven't been, Lido Key is a little quiet slice of Florida heaven. It's chill, outdoorsy, and has the best sunsets!

First we must mention their amazing event coordinator, Megan Meehan. She was what I called our "wedding whisperer". She kindly and patiently provided guidance and advice along our two month path of planning being that we were novices. On the day of our wedding, she navigated us through a patch of rain, the sky opened up and Megan and her team helped to get our show on the road.

The beach ceremony was just breath taking with the ocean in the backdrop. The food was even better, their chef really knows what he is doing. Lastly, the sunset in the Sunset Terrace Room stole the show!

A special shout out to Micheal, their amazing and skilled chef, Jim who manned the bar, and their gracious and accommodating wait staff C.B. and Crystal, to mention a few. Each member of the Lido Beach Resort staff played an integral part in making our wedding weekend run smoothly.

Last but not least, we decided to host a farewell brunch the following day at the resort, in the same room. All we have to say is, if you HAVEN'T BEEN to the Lido Beach Resorts Sunday Brunch ... YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. Our guests were so enamored with the night before that no one really expected much from brunch the next day. Little did they know! It was AMAZING. When I say there are so many choices, that is an understatement and ... its all delicious!

Our wedding weekend went off with a BANG and we wanted to thank those who helped make it possible. THANK YOU Lido Beach Resort. You have an amazing staff and facility. We look forward to returning to celebrate many anniversaries to come.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Carol · Married on 02/07/2016

This is a great hotel. Beauty beach.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Megan · Married on 06/04/2015

Our wedding at the Lido Beach Resort was absolutely perfect! Megan was our planner and she was always very prompt to respond to me and made sure the entire location. The ceremony on the beach was beautiful and the view from the sunset terrace was amazing! The food here was the best wedding food I have ever had! the only con was that the sunset terrace was very hot during our reception and a lot of guests complained that it was uncomfortably hot but everyone still had a great time

Sent on 06/17/2015

The wedding was gorgeous and set up exactly Howe we requested. Staff was so friendly and helpful, the manager even went home to get us her personal steamer for my dress after I found it had been wrinkled during the transport!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Marissa · Married on 01/11/2014

Great experience, such a friendly staff and beautiful rooms. My guests and I all flew in from out of town and it was so refreshing to have an ocean view to wake up in the morning. Everyone had a lot of fun and had a great relaxing vacation during our trip. My wedding was a success, so happy and will definitely come back on another occasion first chance I get to come back to FL.

Sent on 01/23/2014
  • User3203976 · 2+ years ago

In the middle of our wedding planning, the resort hired a new wedding planner (Brynn) and she is fantastic! She is very responsive and flexible and organized. The resort is beautiful and the food is VERY good. We had no issues during our wedding weekend and we had several events including our brunch at the resort. The beach and resort was a perfect place for our photos and very comfortable for our guests to stay and enjoy the beauty of Lido Key. I couldn't be more pleased with our choice to have our wedding at this venue!

Sent on 01/07/2014

I absolutely LOVED our wedding. Our wedding was a dream come true! Prior to booking at LBR I read previous reviews about the onsite wedding coordinator, Mandy. I was very excited to meet and work with her. She was AMAZING! Everyone that we came in contact with at LBR was extremely helpful, including Rachel, Brynn, Amanda, Kim, and Mo. The tasting went so well, that I was afraid that the food would not be the same at the actual wedding. We were not disappointed; the food was excellent, and all of our guests were thrilled. We planned for an outdoor ceremony that had to be moved in due to inclement weather the day of. The ceremony still ended up being very beautiful. We even had a great check-in experience at the front desk. The agent was very friendly and engaging. If you are looking for a beautiful venue, great food, gorgeous views, with a highly professional staff, LBR is the venue in Sarasota for you.

Sent on 07/14/2013
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 05/18/2013

My husband I planned our wedding at the Lido Beach Resort from NC. Mandy Piekarski was great to work with. I almost always got a response back to any of my emails within hours if Mandy was working that day or very early in the morning once Mandy returned to work. Mandy ensured that every detail was handled for our reception, and it allowed my husband and I to really enjoy our reception and for it to be a stress free fun night! The food was absolutely amazing, we did a duo plate of grouper and filet mignon, and our bartender for the reception had memorized what everyone was drinking by the end of the cocktail hour and made sure everyone's glass stayed full through the remainder of the night! We had our reception in the Sunset Terrace and had 46 guests and a dance floor which was perfect for that space. Everyone enjoyed seeing the sunset that evening. My husband and I spent our honeymoon there as well and so we stayed on the property for a total of 8 nights...we had a blast! The property and beach are gorgeous and all of the staff were friendly and helpful. If you want to have an amazing wedding/reception and to be able to enjoy every moment of it and know that everything and anything will be handled....then I would highly recommend having your wedding/reception at the Lido Beach Resort :)

Sent on 05/27/2013

Jessica · Married on 02/02/2013

My husband and I chose the Lido Beach Resort for our wedding and reception because not only is the setting beautiful but we really liked the event manager! Everyone we worked with amazed us at their professional knowledge, patience, and willingness to help. They went above and beyond anything we could have expected! The food was amazing, I can't over state that (many of my guest complimented it). The guest rooms were gorgeous and everyone loved them! The crowning jewel is the Sunset Terrace reception room.With spectacular views of Lido and Sarasota it was the perfect place to follow the beach wedding at sunset. It was so stunningly beautiful we didn't need to add any decoration!

The best part was the day of the wedding, after so much planning, we both had a few hours to sit by the pool and the beach. It meant so much that the resort had everything taken care of so we could take a moment and prepare for the idea that the next time we would see each other we'd be married! I never thought I'd get that and it was invaluable.

I would HIGHLY recommend the LBR for any of your needs. From the event coordinator, Mandy, to the front desk staff and everyone in-between this resort knows exactly what their doing and what you'll need! Their helpfulness from the first visit to the day we checked out as a married couple was outstanding and unparalleled.

Sent on 02/22/2013

Laura · Married on 11/11/2012

We loved our wedding at Lido Beach Resort!!! Everyone there was great and we truly had the best day of our lives

Sent on 12/11/2012

Lisa · Married on 10/19/2012

I was very concerned when I started planning our destination wedding but I have to say that Mandy made it so easy. She and the rest of the staff were helpful and very professional. Also, this location has a wonderful view and our wedding pictures turned out phenomenal!!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Timothy · Married on 10/13/2012

Mandy and Lido Beach Resort was awesome. Everyone was so impressed with the facility (other than the low rise rooms - they need an upgrade which I understand is coming soon). Food was fantastic, the sunset room was gorgeous. The only hiccup was when the bellman delivered our wedding flowers to the wrong room. Luckily it was to my brother (same last name) so it was more of a laugher than a stressor.

Sent on 12/04/2012

Melissa · Married on 09/22/2012

I highly recommend Lido Beach Resort for weddings! We were supposed to have a beach ceremony but it had rained. I am so glad that they had a second option. Mandy did great with everything and really put me at ease!! She went over and beyond and did all the decorating we had provided since there was an event before ours. She stayed in touch and gave advice throughout my planning!! I had worked at the resort when we had first moved to FL and we continue to visit! They have an excellent staff!! Thank you to Mandy and team for making our wedding day special and unforgettable!

Sent on 09/30/2012

Courtney · Married on 05/24/2012

The sunset terrace was absolutely breath taking! Everyone is still talking about the food and the view! They had the best food ever, and it was worth every penny!

Sent on 06/27/2012

Lindsey · Married on 05/06/2012

I could not have picked a bertter place to get married.... The beach at sunset was AMAZING!!! Mandi (wedding planner) listened to everything I ask for. The food was amazing, people came up to me and said it was the best wedding food that they had ever had. The venue was perfect for family and friends not to mention so pretty cool photos! I would tell anyone who is looking to get married in Sarasota that this is the place!!!

Sent on 06/20/2012

Jen · Married on 05/05/2012

My overall experience with the Lido Beach Resort was amazing. When I was first looking at possible wedding locations in the Sarasota area, I was focused on the Ritz, Philippe Creek, The Water Club (Ritz), Ringling, and The Oaks Club Ballroom. I looked at all of the above locations and had major hesitations with all of them. After a stressful day of visits, we stopped at the Lido Beach Tiki Bar for happy hour to relax. While we were there we realized that they were setting up for a wedding on the beach and that they had a ballroom upstairs. After checking it all out and ending up in the Sunset Terrace for a cocktail at sunset we knew we had found the perfect location. Mandy and Kim were fantastic to work with and very responsive. I was lucky enough to have most of my friends and family come down to spend a week with us at the resort leading up to our wedding and it was fantastic! Everyone raved about the food, the service and how beautiful and fun it was. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue! I would absolutely recommend this location for anyone looking to have a wedding, party, vacation or even a great night out for dinner.

Sent on 06/17/2012

Brittany · Married on 03/31/2012

It was magical. Mandy was there every step of the way start to finish. She made sure to promptly reply back to all of my emails and questions. I felt confident throughout the whole process that she was on top of her game. All staff at the resort were amazing. I would not have changed anything about my experience. I will definitely reccomend the lido beach resort for any friends looking to get married in Florida. The vendor list provided was also very helpful. I liked how everyone knew the place before coming. There was no concern over what equipment would be needed because they had all been there before. The food was also good.

Sent on 04/11/2012

Laura · Married on 03/09/2012

We are so glad that we chose Lido Beach Resort to have our wedding at. Everyone was so welcoming and accommodating. Mandy help make everything go so smoothly from the moment we chose to have our wedding there. The staff the day and night of made sure that all of our needs were met. Everything exceeded our expectations and truly made us feel like our wedding was a perfect event.

Sent on 03/22/2012
  • F

Shauna · Married on 05/14/2011

From the first site visit to the wave good-bye at the end of it all, the Lido Beach Resort was a dream come true! The staff was so accommodating and professional, and all with smiles! Mandy was an absolute delight to work with! Everyone was able to stay at the hotel with great rates, and everyone told me how much they enjoyed the hotel and their stay! The food presentation and quality of food was outstanding! My wedding day was absolutely perfect! If you are looking for the perfect place to have a beach wedding that has it all, the Lido Beach Resort is it!

Sent on 08/18/2011

Alisha · Married on 11/13/2010

Lido Beach Resort did an awesome job accommodating all of our guests. Although we live in the area, almost all of our guests were from out of state which made it somewhat like a destination wedding. The resort did and incredible job with making sure all of our guests needed were taken care of and they loved the location and view!

Sent on 03/08/2011

Taylor · Married on 07/31/2010

Amazing spot for the wedding. Lauren, Tadd, and Nancy were amazing to work with and made sure that our wedding was perfect. We cant thank them enough for being so professional and so much fun to work with. Lido was phenomenal.

Sent on 08/19/2010

Laura · Married on 09/05/2009

One word sums up my experience at the lido beach resort... AMAZING! In florida you will find NO BETTER venue than here. Lauren is out of this world. She is sweet as can be and understands what its like to be a bride whether you are a nervous wreck or totally laid back, she can help design the wedding of your dreams. The view from the sunset terrace is amazing. You get the ballroom feel with gorgeous views of the gulf of mexico. They even know what time sunset will be for your date so that you get just the perfect view. Everything was well thought out. My family and my husbands have RAVED about the entire process. In fact, they came back to stay at the resort just for a vacation. Look no further for a phenomenal venue!

Sent on 03/07/2010