Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning Reviews

107 | South Lake Tahoe, CA

107 Reviews for Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning

Tyna · Married on 08/27/2017

I highly recommend Liane. She was my wedding coordinator on my wedding day and did a fantastic job. She made sure every little detail was taken care of so I could relax and enjoy my wedding without having to worry about all the details myself.

Sent on 09/01/2017

Emily · Married on 08/12/2017

We photographed a wedding that Liane coordinated, and the wedding was incredible. It was beautiful, well organized, and went off without a hitch! They were a great team to work with!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Mason · Married on 07/14/2017

Liane McCombs was an amazing wedding planner, she helped us find amazing vendors within our budget. She was affordable and offered many different options to fit our needs. Liane and her staff were very professional, kind, and preformed above our expectations. Our wedding went off without a hitch, or at least without me knowing of it. She made sure mine and my husband's vision for a perfect day went off as planned. You can tell when a person loves what they do and has passion for it. Liane and her staff love what they do and have a passion for it. She is heartfelt, kind and easy going. Our wedding day could not have gone more perfect, and we owe a large portion of that to Liane. She took our vision,made it happen all within the budget we outlined. We could not have had our dream wedding without her. I would hire her and her staff a thousand times over. Thank you Liane for making our day amazing!
    The kessingers

Sent on 06/07/2018

Kerri · Married on 06/24/2017

Liane was my rock through all the major changes that were thrown at us from the venue or lack there of after it burnt down. Liane didn’t skip a beat in learning a new venue and dealing with my last minute table setting preferences. My favorite thing about using Liane is that she takes the initiative and keeps you on track. She doesn’t make you the middle man and will establish communication and timelines directly with the vendors. Our timeline was 100% custom to our liking and the day of was seamless. Thank you, Liane!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Arianna · Married on 06/03/2017

Liane did a wonderful job helping me plan and execute my wedding! She was very professional and knowledgeable. My wedding day was truly the best day of my life! I would definitely recommend Liane as a wedding planner!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Tyler · Married on 05/03/2017

I've worked with Liane for the past 3 years as a recommended musician for weddings and special events and have had nothing but great experiences with her and her staff. Great communicator and committed to providing a stress free day from start to finish.

Sent on 09/09/2016

Swade · Married on 04/15/2017

Liane McCombs was on top of everything! Our entire wedding was amazing. If we had any questions she responded very promptly, and always kept us in the loop with what was going on how everything was going.
    We could not be happier with how our entire wedding turned out.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Tanya · Married on 02/24/2017

I am a wedding Officiant who has had the pleasure to work with Liane on several occasions. I can be rest assured that with Liane there, the planning will be meticulous and it will be a perfect day for the wedding couple as well as for their family and friends.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you, Tanya...we always look forward to working with you as well!

Matt · Married on 10/08/2016

I'm a DJ. I work with a lot of different wedding and event planners. What really makes the difference between good and great is how they handle the unexpected. I had the pleasure of working with Liane's team last week when they needed to address a undelivered desert. They recognized the problem early, sprung into action and took care of business. They created a back up plan incase there was any additional delay and kept me in the loop as to avoid any surprises. The bride and groom never missed a beat and their wedding was fantastic. I highly recommend Liane and her graceful and efficient team to plan and deliver your dream wedding.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Troy · Married on 08/06/2016

Liane McCombs and her staff are such a pleasure working with. Not only are they professional, but engaging and efficient. From start to finish they smoothly get through formalities with smiling faces. I highly endorse Liane and her wonderful team.

Sent on 08/10/2016
  • Gabriel

Gabriel · Married on 08/06/2016

If you are busy still searching for a wedding planner, save yourself the extra headache and wasted time of looking any further and call Liane immediately.
    Liane is an amazing wedding planner and a total pro; she is friendly, organized, flexible and patient.
    Her dedication and professionalism in making everything perfect (both leading up to and during the big day), is a service that you can 100% count on, trust, and be grateful for even well after the day you get hitched.
    I highly recommend using Liane to have piece of mind. Your day will be perfect and she will take a lot stress off your plate!

Sent on 08/26/2016

kelly · Married on 07/16/2016

My daughter's wedding was on July 16, 2016 in Gardnerville NV. It was perfect & beautiful & everything we could have hoped for. And I want to give a huge shout-out of appreciation to Liane McCombs, wedding planner extraordinaire!!, for getting us through the whole preceding year of planning and the wedding day itself. Completely thanks to Liane, all of our vendors were amazing. If I had to do it all over again, I would hire exactly the same vendors without pause. We felt like we had the Olympic team of vendors. Thank you Liane for guiding us to the BEST.
    During the many months of planning, Liane was always accessible for my endless questions & concerns. Her advise was always calming and right-on. She helped tremendously keeping us on track, and even helped to diffuse some of that inevitable family head butting along the way. As a first-timer to the Mother of the Bride role, it was greatly comforting to me to be able to text/email/call Liane whenever a question popped into my mind.
    The day of the wedding, Liane & her team seamlessly/comfortably kept things flowing nicely along.
    Initially, we did debate about hiring a wedding planner.... But now, looking back, I can't imagine how we could have done it all without her!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Ashley · Married on 05/29/2016

Liane and her team went above and beyond everything I wanted for a day of coordinator. Not only did she help me before my wedding, making sure that everything was ready, but she made sure that I didn't have to lift a finger the day of my wedding. Everything was set up perfectly and the whole day went so smooth between each scheduled item. She even caught a few things before my wedding that I didn't think of and worked with my other vendors to make sure everything was good to go. Thank you Liane & team! You are amazing, I can't thank you enough and will recommend you to everyone!!!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Sally · Married on 12/01/2015

I am a calligraphy vendor, and it has been my good fate to have worked with Liane McCombs for the past several years. She is the consummate professional, covering every little detail, and keeping all parties happy and on the same page during production of the special events she orchestrates. If you are in the market for a special event or wedding planner, you should seriously consider hiring Liane to assist you in your endeavor.

Sent on 12/06/2015

Katie · Married on 10/11/2015

I work for the venue (Squaw Valley, CA) where Liane was hired as the Day of Wedding Coordinator and Designer. It was great to work with Liane and her team. They are true professionals and understand what it takes to be effective and successful at their craft. I look forward to working with Liane again.

Sent on 12/04/2015

Lindsay · Married on 09/06/2015

To keep this short and sweet: Liane is incredibly professional and very nice. She takes your budget into consideration while also suggesting top-notch vendors. She helped make my wedding day go very smoothly. I would highly recommend Liane.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Daniel · Married on 08/20/2015

Liane is a dream to work with! She is an amazing wedding planner, and perfect person for destination weddings. She made planning a wedding from Florida painless and effortless, she follows up with you and makes sure everything you need, is cover for the big day. She has great vendors, keeps you in your budget, well organized, suggestions and guidance without making you feel pressured into doing anything.

I will not hesitate to highly recommend Liane to be your wedding planner!!

Sent on 08/29/2015

Chad · Married on 08/15/2015

I have had the pleasure of working with Liane many times, as a DJ i work with many vendors and Liane is without a doubt one of the most professional and pleasant to work with. She has a very attentive staff and always provides her clients with excellent service!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Peter · Married on 08/08/2015

First off, this real review is from a vendor who worked in unison with Liane and her staff for a recent wedding reception at The Lodge at the Tahoe Tree Company / Lake Tahoe. This was not the first time Mountain Magic and LIane teamed together, executing a perfect summer reception.
    I can go on with details and praise about Liane, especially having worked with many other coordinators and planners. Although will keep it simple,
    ... Always timely with lead in details pertaining to catering timelines, guest counts, menu related rentals and planned layout.
    Day of, LIane and her friendly, professional assistants worked purposely with the catering staff. No drama and no stress. This began with her and carried to my service staff and myself.
    Such a refreshing and experienced approach, we do not always see.

Sent on 12/08/2015

Larry · event on: 07/17/2015

Liane is the complete package. She makes it easy and she delivers much more than expected. To me, that's the mark of a total pro. She knows exactly what she's doing and she isn't going to stress you out with things that aren't relevant. She is just going to make certain that your event exceeds your wlldest expectations.

Sent on 12/03/2015

Cassandra · Married on 05/16/2015

Liane is incredible. She makes everything go so smoothly during the day. A completely stress free experience.

Sent on 12/03/2015

Liane was a joy to work with. She always handles every detail and the events are incredibly smooth.

Sent on 11/30/2014

Mark · Married on 10/11/2014

Liane McCombs is the most experienced, professional and genuinely friendly wedding coordinator I have worked with. Being a wedding DJ/emcee, I have worked alongside many coordinators and can honestly say Liane would be my first choice, for anybody's wedding, including my own. She has amazing attention to detail; she is never under-staffed (which happens often); and she and her staff are fully present and actually oversee not just the ceremony but the entire reception. Many wedding coordinators tend to drop off and disappear after things are set up and the reception starts-not Liane! She and her staff are there every minute, from start to finish. Furthermore, I know that if anything comes up, she can and will take care of it. Choosing Liane allows you to relax, enjoy and be rest assured that everything about your wedding will come together flawlessly.

Sent on 10/14/2014
  • Lara

Lara · Married on 10/03/2014

Where do I begin? Liane was a godsend. After my husband-to-be and I decided to have our wedding in Reno rather than Charleston, SC., Liane was the first person I hired to help bring everything together. Due to my job in property management and my husband-to-be gone half the year as a firefighter, Liane was always there to help out. With Liane's guidance, my husband-to-be and I planned most of the major details six - nine months prior to our big day. Liane made all of the details of our wedding come together so smoothly and as a bride I didn't have to worry about a thing. Liane's wedding planning book was a huge help and there were many details Liane thought of that I didn't. If you are a bride to be and need a true professional, Liane should be the first person you hire.

Sent on 12/14/2014

Julie · Married on 08/16/2014

Liane and her staff were marvelous for our daughter's wedding at the Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort on August 16, 2014. I would highly recommend her! Liane helped with vendor selection for which all the vendors she assisted with were top notch! Additionally, Liane was always available throughout the planning process to assist with choices and help wherever and whenever it was needed. Since the wedding was being coordinated by our daughter outside of the Reno/Tahoe area, it was greatly appreciated that Liane made herself available whenever our daughter was able to visit the Reno/Tahoe area.

Thank you Liane for making our day so special and taking tons of pressure of the mother's of the bride and groom! Five stars are well deserved. :)

Julie Brand