Lewiswood Farm Reviews

Lewiswood Farm 7
  • Marilyn

Marilyn · Married on 04/27/2019

Wedding Venue

What a beautiful place to have a wedding! Debra and her husband has made the perfect place to get married, from the barn, the green pastures even now to the waterfall! The brides boutique for getting ready was excellent and even and outdoor happy hour. I was able to rent table, chairs and benches from the same venue which was very convenient!

Sent on 05/03/2019
    Lewiswood Farm 16
    Lewiswood Farm 17
    Lewiswood Farm 18

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Thank you so much, Marilyn, for your kind review! It was our pleasure working with you and Joel. The personal touches, especially the rings you all built, were just stunning. It was truly a beautiful wedding! We wish you all the very best!
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 04/13/2019

Most beautiful wedding venue!

We are SO pleased that we chose Lewiswood Farm for our wedding day! Mrs. Debra was excellent to work with and made the planning process rather easy. We had so many options of where to get married at on the property, but the natural beauty of the trees and the barn stole our hearts! The barn is so beautiful and easy to fall in love with. The trees where we had our ceremony was perfect for the sunny day. It provided just the right amount of shade and breeze. The bridal suite, despite being a little small for our HUGE bridal party was so intimate, relaxing, and beautiful! We truly could not have picked a better venue to get married at! It was the best day ever!

Sent on 04/14/2019
    Lewiswood Farm 19
    Lewiswood Farm 20
    Lewiswood Farm 21
    Lewiswood Farm 22

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Thank you so much, Haley, for reviewing us and making so many sweet comments! It was truly a perfect day!

Briana · Married on 03/02/2019

Perfect venue for a perfect day

I cannot imagine having had our wedding anywhere else. Lewiswood Farm was absolutely the perfect venue for us as it totally fit the vibe for the wedding that we wanted which was relaxed but upscale. We only looked at two other venues before settling on this one. When we visited, we instantly knew it was the place for us. Debra was amazing to work with- super responsive, easy going, and thoughtful. You can tell that Debra and John really love what they do and it shows in the quality of the venue and service. We opted to include the bonfire and our guests loved it! I am so thankful that Debra and John have created such a special place for couples like us to celebrate their marriage with family and friends. It truly was the perfect venue for us inside and out. I would 100% recommend Lewiswood Farm to any couple looking for a unique, classy, and comfortable venue!

Sent on 03/17/2019

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Thank you so much, Briana, for such a kind review. Everything about your day, from the music to the relaxing time by the fire, was uniquely reflective of you and Carson. We are so happy you chose our farm and wish you both all the best!
  • Katie

Katie Barrett · Married on 12/08/2018

Beautiful venue, and great people to work with!

We LOVED having our wedding reception at Lewiswood Farm! Debra was amazing to work with and so helpful and sweet to work with. The venue is gorgeous. We loved how it is tucked away out of the city with lots of land. It is so peaceful with so much natural beauty. It is obvious that the owners love this place and take such good care of it and of their clients! A lot of our guests told us after the wedding how cool they thought the venue was. We also loved the indoor/outdoor flow. The patio is great, but there is plenty of room inside too!

We also loved their getting-ready room for the bride and bridesmaids. It's perfect with tons out mirrors and outlets and a private bathroom apart from what the guests use.

Sent on 06/27/2019
    Lewiswood Farm 28
    Lewiswood Farm 29

Jessica · Married on 12/01/2018

Amazing venue!!

Lewiswood Farm is an absolutely amazing venue! They are awesome to work with and will make your special day Perfect!!! The venue is beautiful for a wedding or any kind of event!! We originally planned our ceremony outside and reception inside the barn however the weather had different plans so we did the ceremony inside and it was beyond perfect and turned out so great!!! I cannot say enough great things about Lewiswood Farm!

Sent on 12/08/2018

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Thank you so much, Jessica, for your 5 star review and the sweet comments! You guys are so obviously in love and I admire so much your positive attitude about the weather! It's wonderful when I get to see a man we've known since he was a boy find his soul mate....and extra special when we get to play a part in the celebration! Thank you for choosing Lewiswood Farm!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 11/17/2018

Perfection

Beautiful, amazing, perfect. All our guests were as in love with the venue as we were. We could not have picked the more perfect spot to get married. You will not be disappointed with this beautiful farm and the amazing people that own it!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Thank you so very much, Stephanie! You had great folks working for you to make your day perfect! It made our job easy! What a beautiful day it was!

Kaitlyn Davidson · Married on 11/11/2018

Wonderful Venue!

Thanks to Lewiswood Farm our wedding was more than we could have ever imagined! Debra was so flexible and made our day so special. Highly recommend this tucked away secret of a venue, you'll love it!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Thank you so much, Kaitlyn! After losing your Panama City venue in the storm with only a month before your wedding, I knew we had to make it not only work for you, but be wonderful! I'm so happy everything came together for a glorious day!
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 11/10/2018

Breathtaking, comfortable, personal farmhouse experience.

We got married this past Saturday at Lewiswood Farm and let me tell you, it was a night to remember. This beautiful property is located on the outskirts of Tallahassee in an elegant little piece of true rustic Florida.

Debra and John really have put so much heart and soul into this venue. From the majestic, hand-cut barn to the characteristic landscaping, decorated “outhouses” and beautiful bridal suite, all of the touches of this place make it such an elegant spot to celebrate.

We had SO many compliments on the venue and we knew we picked the right place when she told us the price was much less than other farm/plantation style venues in Thomasville and other outlying areas and this one is much closer to town. Debra even personalized a sweet ornament with our names and date on it, a thoughtful touch that really moved me on such a hectic night.

Thank you Debra and John for the BEST night of our lives. My parents loved y’all and we felt so special celebrating in your family farm. I found myself wanting to go back today to soak more of it in because the day went by so fast. Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Thank you so much, Megan, for such kind words! It was truly a pleasure to work with you two and your families!
  • Taylor

Taylor Fewell · Married on 10/13/2018

Hurricane Michael

Lewiswood went above and beyond to make sure that my wedding day would happen. Just 3 days after Hurricane Michael, they managed to clean up the venue and keep in touch with me, letting me know that everything would be fine and to not stress out. The day of my wedding was absolutely beautiful and I am eternally grateful for everything they did!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Thank you, Taylor, for your 5 star review! Thank goodness we didn't have any structure damage, just all those limbs and debris! But all was back to normal for the wedding and we didn't even have to use the generator thanks to our wonderful linemen! The cool weather was a bonus and made for a beautiful wedding day!

Chelsee · Married on 09/22/2018

The barn was perfect for our wedding. We had the ceremony outdoors and the reception inside, the barn is large enough to host a ceremony inside.

Sent on 10/02/2018
    Lewiswood Farm 30

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Thank you, Chelsee, for your 5 star review and for including the picture! Your wedding was beautiful; I loved the vibrant colors! What a great way to kick off our Fall wedding season!

Savannah · Married on 04/14/2018

We got married News Years Eve and Lewiswood Farm was the perfect venue. The barn is absolutely beautiful. Mrs. Debra was so helpful and very sweet. I would definitely recommend Lewiswood Farm to anyone that is looking for a venue for any event.

Sent on 01/23/2018

Sar · Married on 04/14/2018

The owner was very understanding of how many times I wanted to view the ceremony and reception area before our wedding date and very flexible with meeting times. The venue is beautiful inside and out! I barely had to do any decorations because I loved the natural rustic look the barn already had to it.

Sent on 05/10/2018

Summer · Married on 03/24/2018

Debra and John were such delights to work with! They are both down to earth people that take great pride in the venue. Debra gave us the grand tour, along with giving us the history of how the barn eventually turned in a wedding venue. She was never pushy about getting us to use Lewiswood, but I knew after seeing the beautiful barn and how much room their was, I had to use them! There are so many great places you can set us for your wedding. I chose to do my grand entrance coming out of the BEAUTIFUL barn doors. If you're looking for a venue that has rustic charm, this is your place. It's budget friendly, they have tables, chairs, benches, etc that you can rent through them so you don't need to hire another company. Debra is easily accessible both on your wedding day and leading up to help answer any last minute questions that come up.

Just a random side note, brides-if you choose to rent the wood benches from Debra and John, make sure you have some man power there to help unload and move them around. I was one of those advantageous brides who "didn't need a man to help her!" I ate those words later on and ended up calling in reinforcements to help move the benches to where I wanted them.
    My family and I are extremely glad we chose to use Lewiswood Farm as our wedding venue.

Sent on 04/17/2018
    Lewiswood Farm 31

Kelsea · Married on 02/17/2018

Lewiswood Farm was everything we hoped our wedding could be and more. Not only is it the most beautiful venue but Debra's responsiveness and willingness to work with the bride was beyond our expectations. Amazing venue!

Sent on 02/06/2018

Alayna · Married on 12/30/2017

Debra was the absolute best! We loved everything about the property and barn; the venue was perfect! Mrs. Debra was extremely accommodating and thoughtful. My husband and I were not from Tallahassee, but we decided to get married there since our families were from different parts of the state. Mrs. Debra was so accommodating and generous with her time as she met with us late at night when we traveled all the way there. She was also very responsive with emails and calls! She also met with our caterer to ensure a smooth process on our wedding day. They also have a bridal suite now that is super cute, I attached a photo of my bridesmaids getting ready in the bridal suite. There were 10 people getting ready in there so it was a tight squeeze when photographers and family members came in but the mirror wall and separate bathroom were perfect! If you can't tell enough by the pictures, this was such a beautiful place! We highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 02/19/2018
    Lewiswood Farm 39
    Lewiswood Farm 40
    Lewiswood Farm 41

Marie · Married on 11/25/2017

Can't imagine having my reception anywhere else. It was absolutely perfect and Debra was so helpful to us. Thank you!

Sent on 12/09/2017

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Thank you, Marie, for the five star review and kind words! You and your mom were delightful to work with and your reception was lovely! I wish you and Nathaniel all the best!

Gloria · Married on 11/11/2017

If you want the wedding of your dreams in Tallahassee, Debra & Lewiswood Farm are the way to go!!!! She’s so great to work with, responded to my texts in an extremely timely manner, allowed me many visits before the day, was such a huge help throughout the process, and as the barn grows, so does the beauty and awesomeness of Lewiswood!!!! Don’t hesitate, go see it and say yes to the venue! You will not regret it!!!

Sent on 11/22/2017

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Thank you so much, Gloria, for the five star review and sweet comments! We enjoy all our couples but, every once in a while, you just connect in a special way with a couple. I felt that way the first time I met you guys and I am so honored that you chose Lewiswood Farm to celebrate your marriage. I wish all the best for you two!

Ashley · Married on 11/04/2017

I just had my wedding at Lewiswood Farm and I highly recommend this venue! The barn is huge and absolutely gorgeous. All of my wedding guests commented on how beautiful this venue is. Mrs. Debora has tables, chairs, and benches that you can rent straight from her; all at good and comparable prices. It makes it very convenient to have that all in one place and to not have to go through separate vendors. When I first signed my contract for the venue back in January, there was no bridal suite for us to get ready in (since they had only just started having weddings there).To my surprise, they added on a bridal suite later on and it was ready just in time for my wedding. Mrs. Debora and her husband are both very accommodating and helpful. Mrs. Debora was always quick to answer any questions I had and she is the sweetest! This venue was my dream venue and I am beyond happy that I had my wedding here!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Thank you so much, Ashley! I'm so glad the office cabin/brides parlor was ready for your wedding! I do love my Perry brides! Y'all are so sweet and I just love working with you! Thank you for allowing Lewiswood Farm to host your wedding!

Carter · Married on 10/28/2017

Deborah, the owner, was SO helpful and accommodating. She was flexible and let us come out to survey the property multiple times, during all hours to, make sure everything was perfect for the reception. She even let us use her Gator to transport people from the parking area to the front door of the barn. She's constantly adding and improving this newer venue to make it the best option for events in Tallahassee. Beautiful property, beautiful barn, wonderful vendors! 100% recommend.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Thank you so much, Carter, for your 5 star review and the kind comments you made! You had such a beautiful reception and we are so pleased that you chose to celebrate your wedding day at Lewiswood Farm!

Lorin · Married on 10/07/2017

If you're looking to have a country rustic wedding, than this is the place for you!!! Mr & Mrs. Lewis, are very understanding, and helpful with any little thing you need!
    The barn, to the NEW bridal room, to the scenery it all sits on, is BREATH TAKING!!!! They've put SO much into this place, you'll LOVE every inch of it!!!!
    My husband and I are very pleased, and will be directing each couple we know to this venue!!!

Sent on 10/10/2017
    Lewiswood Farm 42
    Lewiswood Farm 43
    Lewiswood Farm 44

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Thank you so much, Lorin! I'm so happy your day was perfect! And I think I was more excited than you for y'all to get dressed in the new bridal parlor! I tried to think of every detail and it is so gratifying to see that it worked...even with six bridesmaids and a couple of flower girls! Thank you again for your five star review, we appreciate it so much!

Tara · Married on 05/27/2017

I would highly recommed Lewiswood Farm for your special occasion. The venue is absolutely beautiful. The grounds offer lovely views of the sweeping lawn, trees as well as the occasional deer and turkey. Debra Lewis is a joy to work with, helpful in every aspect.

Sent on 06/04/2017

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Thank you, Tara, for your 5 star review! It was a delightful celebration! We were so happy you chose Lewiswood Farm!

Robert · Married on 04/22/2017

Lewiswood Farm was an outstanding venue for our wedding. The setting was exactly what we wanted. It provided a wonderful space that is well cared for and well designed. It also provided the intimacy that we wanted for our family to share in our wedding day. We honestly could not have selected a better venue. The Lewis family was incredibly helpful and gracious. They were flexible and helpful. We cannot think of a better place for a wedding!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Thank you for your 5 star review! It was such a pleasure working with you both! I just loved your hand crafted arbor and casual atmosphere! Your wedding had an aura of happiness that stood out! Hosting your wedding was a wonderful experience for us!

Kim · Married on 04/08/2017

There are not enough amazing words in the world to describe our experience. Mr. And Mrs. Lewis are the most wonderful people to deal with and their barn is simply breathtaking. Both, Mr. And Mrs. Lewis take such pride in their venue, it reaks with personal touches and detail. Our guests were blown away by the natural beauty of their property and barn! If you're looking for the perfect venue, look no further <3 If I could do my wedding all over again, even a million times, I would choose Lewiswood Farm each and every time. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this venue <3

Sent on 05/03/2017

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Oh, Kim, thank you so much for such a complimentary review! We try so hard to make every bride's experience the best it can be and it means so much to us that you recognize and appreciate those small details! You were THE most organized bride and I loved all the things you crafted yourself to make the occasion so personal and inviting. You thought of everything! We do love the farm; its hard work, but a labor of love. And it is our greatest pleasure to work with couples like you guys at the beginning of their lives together. Thank you so much!

Ashley · Married on 03/25/2017

John Allen and Debra Lewis at Lewiswood Farms are awesome to work with and have the most beautiful barn!! If you are looking for a rustic, yet classy venue this is the place!!

Sent on 04/12/2017

Lewiswood Farm's reply:

Thank you so much for your five star rating and the kind words. To say this wedding was special would be an understatement! It was our pleasure to host Cody and Amber's wedding.