Leo Carrillo Ranch Weddings & Special Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• tayler
    Tayler Getting married on 11/19/2021

An absolute dream!

I absolutely LOVE working here! I own Tayler Ashley Photography and I've had the pleasure of shooting a few weddings at Leo Carrillo Ranch. The space is so beautiful and the staff make everything flow smoothly. I love their grounds and any bride would be lucky to get married here!
    Andrea D. Getting married on 10/21/2021

Beautiful Venue with Great Service

Honestly planning a wedding can be extremely overwhelming- so many little details that most ppl don't think of. When booking our venue at Leo Carrillo not only were we getting a BEAUTIFUL place to have our reception but also a venue manager that really knows her stuff! Working with Kendra has been so fun and easy. Over the last few months I've sent her countless emails and she always gets back to me a in super timely manner. At our tasting she had everything organized and ready to go, asked all the right questions, and made the process super easy. The food was also fantastic (we went with the taco bar!) and we can't wait for all of our guests to enjoy and celebrate with us!
  • Kassandra
    Kassandra K. Married on 07/31/2021

Kleitz Wedding

We had an AMAZING experience with LCR! Kendra and Caitlin made our dreams come to life and they had great vendors! We felt like celebrities and everything was so organized! We will never forget this day! It was a dream! Thank you! 💕
  • Kathryn
    Kati Married on 06/26/2021

SO HAPPY with Leo Carrillo Ranch

We got married a couple of weeks ago at Leo Carrillo Ranch, and it has been such a hard come down back to reality after such a perfect day. The venue is beautiful, it has history, it has PEACOCKS, and because it is owned by the city it has a small price tag compared to privately owned venues of a similar caliber (or at least that is my hypothesis just based on my own wedding venue research-but we certainly feel like we got our monies worth and then some).

Love this venue - but the pièce de résistance...KENDRA. Or Saint Kendra as she is known around our household. There are not enough words to articulate how much appreciation I have for this woman.

I never dreamed about having a big wedding. I never wanted a big wedding. I have social anxiety, I hate being the center of attention, and I hate making executive decisions. I am also a procrastinator and a perfectionist (bad combo), so planning and anticipating this wedding was, for me, less ‘fun and exciting’ and more stress, work, and anxiety (especially with all the extra issues COVID added). But when it came down to the rehearsal day and wedding day, when my anxiety was at its peak levels, Kendra was ON IT. She is so smart, capable, and hard working. She gifted me the feeling of – everything is going to be perfect, and she will take care of everything from here. It allowed me to just enjoy all the moments that flew by so fast. If anything did go wrong that day – I did not know about it. She knew what to questions to come to me with and what to not bother me with. She managed our crazy family members perfectly. I feel so lucky to have had her with me that day – she really did just the most amazing job. If I had to do it all over again, I’d pick Leo Carrillo/Kendra & PTD team again in a heartbeat.

And one final – Thank you, Kendra. I really mean that from the bottom of my heart.
  • Adriane
    Adriane H. Married on 06/25/2021

Best venue in San Diego county!

First of all, the venue is just gorgeous around every corner and provides such a joyful setting. Secondly, when you choose Leo Carillo, you also get the Personal Touch Dining team and venue/day-of coordinators. After the wedding, my husband and I kept asking, how could we have done this without them? They did so much for us, it made the whole process so much easier and took away SO much stress. Even though they explained the breadth of their services for us at the initial meetings, it’s not until after the wedding that we truly understood how much they did and how above and beyond they went. It can get scary how much you spend for a wedding - but afterwards we were left shocked thinking that we didn’t have to pay more than we did for the venue and services they offer - what you get for the price of their weddings is beyond what you could get anywhere else. They just make everything so, so easy. Beyond that, they truly listen to you and will go above and beyond to make your wedding perfect. The fact that they set up and take down the décor for you is a HUGE plus! They have a lot to offer but if you want to personalize everything yourself, you can do that too. The food, drinks, and desserts were so much better than your standard wedding fare. Most of all, our coordinators Kendra and Andrea truly made the whole process easy and fun. Any time we felt any stress or anxiety, after talking to Kendra or Andrea we felt completely at ease. They have everything under control and really know what they’re doing, you can trust them. They are pros and were with us from start to finish on the day of the wedding - everything ran perfectly smoothly thanks to them. If you choose Leo Carillo, you won’t have to worry about a thing and can just ENJOY your big day. We are forever grateful we chose Leo Carillo/Personal Touch Dining.
  • Josie
    Josie T. Married on 06/12/2021

Incredible venue and service!

Leo Carrillo Ranch was an absolute dream to get married at! We received so many compliments on how beautiful everything was from our guests. Kendra was AMAZING. We were almost a “Covid couple” but Kendra and the Personal Touch Dining team did everything they could to ensure the venue and capacity was fully open for our wedding and it happened! She was available and would respond quickly every time I emailed her and would often call me to reassure my concerns throughout this entire process. The rehearsal and day of went so smoothly because of her and another coordinator, Caitlin. As a bride and groom, we had no idea if anything went wrong because they handled everything! They made sure we had plenty of food at our sweetheart table and drinks in our hand at all times. I can’t say enough good things about Kendra and Leo Carrillo. Wish we could do it all over again with them!
    Korie Married on 06/08/2021

Leo Carillo

Kendra is AMAZING, she has helped me so much with planning my wedding, and making it enjoyable with no stress. Truly recommend her and Leo Carillo Ranch.

Hi Korie,

Thank you so much!! You have been so wonderful to work with and I so enjoyed meeting at your tasting and starting put everything together :) Can't wait to celebrate!!

Megan T. Married on 05/06/2021

Amazing Vendor in Uncertain Times

In February 2020, my fiancé and I booked Leo Carrillo for our June 2021 wedding. The venue is gorgeous, well maintained and unique—we were so excited to plan our wedding there. Of course, a few weeks later, all of California went into lockdown due to the COVID pandemic. Although planning for a wedding that may or may not be permitted to occur under local law is stressful, the venue manager, Kendra, and the rest of the Personal Touch Dining team have been amazing! They have made it clear they are willing and able to work with us on postponing if required; however, they have also helped us to keep planning our wedding in hopes that we can still have it as planned in June. In these uncertain times, it’s invaluable to have a venue and caterer that understands and is so willing to help. Personal touch has made it so easy to figure out rentals, set our menu, and make our vision come to life. On top of that, the food is great!!! We are so happy to be working with the Personal Touch Dining and look forward to our wedding, whenever it is able to occur, because I have every confidence they will make it amazing!

Leo Carrillo Ranch Weddings & Special Events's reply:

Thank you so much!! We cannot wait to celebrate with you. We know the uncertainty is hard to plan around, but we are here to help and will do everything in our power to continue to make this a smooth, stress-free process :)

All the Best,
    Caylie Married on 04/09/2021

Fantastic Venue!!

I am so pleased my fiance and I chose Leo Carrillo for our venue! In addition to this location being beautiful, our wedding planning experience could not be easier due to our wedding coordinator Kendra. She is very timely with her responses to my questions and provides helpful feedback. We highly recommend this venue and personnel to anyone looking to have a romantic and low stress wedding experience!!!

Hi Caylie,

Thank you so much!! I loved meeting with you for your tasting and putting together the details for your big day :) I can't wait to see it all come together!!

• Allison
    Allison H. Married on 11/22/2020

COVID Wedding Success

We originally booked our wedding with Leo Carrillo in March. Kendra, the event coordinator and contact person, was so gracious and understanding during the entire process of planning a wedding during a global pandemic. She was great at quickly responding to our many questions! She was also very enthusiastic and made us feel like we were booked with a company that cared about our us and our special day! Due COVID regulations we were not able to have our wedding at the beautiful Leo Carrillo but Kendra was very helpful in transitioning our wedding to another venue under the same catering company. We could not be happier with our end result!

Leo Carrillo Ranch Weddings & Special Events's reply:

I'm SO happy we were able to have your event!! I know the uncertainty wasn't easy, but we were so lucky to have this option and still create such a beautiful event with your vision for you two. Thank you for choosing us, you looked stunning on your big day!!

Cheers,
    Kendra and PTD team
  • Yanira
    Yanira Married on 03/15/2020

Amazing in every way

Our wedding day was absolutely amazing! I could cry right now because I love this venue and the staff so much. We went through 4 postponements due to Covid and Kendra made sure to hold my hand all the way through the process. She is super nice, communicative and reassured me of EVEYTHING. Answered all of my questions! I am a very "need to know everything" bride and Kendra and team understood and welcomed that and made sure everything was flawless! You will not regret booking this venue, I promise. Book soon as they they do book up fast.
  • Joe
    Joe Z. Married on 12/08/2019

Winter Wedding

Kendra Addis and Darcie Vargas were AMAZING. We had a very limited time frame to do a ton of work. The Personal Touch team was always pleasant positive and we're on top of everything. We could not have a had better experience. They thought of everything, had options and kept us organized. AWESOME!

Hi Joe,

We are so happy for you and Amelia and your future together! Celebrating with you at The Stables was so fun, we could feel the love :) Congratulations and thank you for your positive feedback!!

Kendra and the Leo Carrillo Ranch Team
    Erika H. Married on 11/01/2019

Amazing day!

I am the worst at planning and being cute artistic and this venue made it so easy for me to do it all! I wish I lived there! And the ladies who helped with the planning were a godsend! I wish I could give more then 5 stars

Hi Erika,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We loved how you incorporated the venue into your decor with the Mexican flags. Your home-made photo backdrop was one-of-a-kind!! Please come back and visit any time!

Love,
    Everyone at Leo Carrillo Ranch
  • Travis
    Travis B. Married on 10/12/2019

Dreams to Reality at the Ranch

From the moment I met my wife, I knew it was meant to be. From the moment we walked onto the grounds of Leo Carrillo Ranch, we knew it was where we'd be married. Finally, from the first time we met Kendra and the team at Personal Touch Dining, we knew they'd help us create the night we'd always dreamed of, and they did! Kendra was the ultimate professional and made everything from the menu, decorating, and yes, even the billing, easy and painless in the year leading up to the big day. At the rehearsal and on the day itself, she and Darcie ensured everything went off without a hitch! It flew by in a joyous, love-filled haze for us, but that is certainly in part due to Kendra's flawless planning! Thank you, Kendra, Darcie, and the rest of the team at Personal Touch Dining!

Leo Carrillo Ranch Weddings & Special Events's reply:

Thank you so much Travis!! Celebrating with you and Jessie was so amazing. P.S. I LOVED your processional song :) Thank you so much for the kind words and choosing to celebrate with us!!

Wishing you all the best,
    Kendra and the LCR team
  • Amy
    Amy Married on 06/29/2019

Easy Peasy

I got married at Leo Carrillo on 6/29 and am still living on newlywed cloud 9. I might be slightly biased but I think that we had the best wedding ever and the most beautiful wedding ever. Leo Carrillo had a lot to do with the later. The space is so absolutely stunning that it doesn't need much embellishment at all. I would also like to mention that the twinkly lights everywhere somehow make the place even more magical at night, which from all my visits prior I had never had a chance to see before and was such a great surprise.

We booked the venue well in advance, somewhere between a 18 months and year. So I had the opportunity to work with a few people within the company in that time, as people moved around in positions within the company. I was slightly nervous when a couple months in advance of the wedding a new person took on the lead planning role. However, all my fears were for nothing, because Kendra is amazing! She kept the day running smoothly and never made me feel like I was on a clock. Even my family and friends commented on how wonderful she was as a person and at her job.

I also feel like our money went incredibly far with the venue and catering. The ambiance alone of the venue made our wedding look more expensive, by far, than it was.

If you also would like the most beautiful wedding in the world, book Leo Carrillo.

Hi Amy,

Thank you so much!! I still can't get over the beautiful sunset for your special day.. and that double rainbow!! How amazing. We loved working with you to make this day special and wish you both all the best.

• Kyla
    Kyla W. Married on 06/14/2019

"The most fun wedding I've been to"

Leo Carrillo was the second venue we toured and literally booked it the next day. It’s lush, beautiful (day AND night), has a great staff, and there is literally not a bad spot on the property.

The entire team is wonderful. We had a few different points of contact through the process, but each person was able to keep up with our ideas and what we wanted for our wedding. They answered emails and questions so quickly and never forgot one detail.

The wedding day itself went so perfectly. Our day of coordinator was Kendra. In the words of my mother, “Kendra is OUTSTANDING.”

The wedding day was so smooth. The whole day I never questioned or worried about anything going wrong or being crazy, Kendra had it all under control. Plus, she is like a magician. She would literally appear out of nowhere to grab us for whatever was happening (pictures, dance, cake cutting, etc) and then would be out of site when she wasn’t needed. My mom was so happy and raved to me about Kendra dropping the gifts and cards into her car and returning the key to her purse without my mom ever having to leave the party.

My husband and I wanted to do a private last dance at the very end of the night to enjoy the moment together. Kendra was able to round up all of our guests to get them lined up for our exit without them even knowing we were staying behind for a few minutes. She collected the items we told her we needed from the bridal suite, and had them on the golf cart waiting for us, then dropped us off with our ride.

Literally every guest has told us it was the most fun wedding they’ve ever been to. It’s been almost three months since our wedding and I look at pictures daily. I can’t believe how well it came together and just how much more beautiful everything was from what I imagined. I'm so happy we got married at Leo Carrillo!

Hi Kyla,

Thank you a million for this spectacular review!! Our staff loved working with you to make your dreamy day come true :) We try to make things as easy as possible for you down to every detail. You have the sweetest family and made it so easy on us as well! Thank you again and congratulations!!

Cheers,
  • Devon
    Devon Married on 05/31/2019

A slice of California paradise!

Wow! We had such a fabulous experience getting married at Leo Carrillo Ranch. The venue is so gorgeous, it is truly a little slice of paradise in Carlsbad. Our California wedding dreams came true at the venue, from the market lights to the landscaping and architecture. A huge thank you to Personal Touch Dining who made the planning and coordination process so easy from the very beginning of booking the Ranch. Kendra, our day-of-coordinator, was a rock star and made the big day run so seemlessly. She was really great to work with during the months leading up to the wedding and then the day itself. We couldn't be happier with how the day turned out, we love Leo Carrillo Ranch!

Hi Devon,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved celebrating with your sweet family. We loved your personal touches on decor that accentuated our outdoor venue. We wish you the best, Always and ForEllis.

Love,
    Katie M. Married on 04/05/2019

Complete magic

Our wedding was pure magic and it's all because of the service we received from the staff at Leo Carrillo. From planning to execution it was top notch. I was planning our wedding from out of state so I needed a little extra hand holding, when it came to certain things and they totally stepped up. Kendra & Lexi were on top of everything the day of and we didn't have to worry about anything. They went as far as saving appetizers for us to try since we were busy taking photos during cocktail hour. When it came to dinner they took our plates and filled them so that we could have a moment to ourselves. The ranch itself was absolutely beautiful and while we never expected our wedding to be magical it truly was.

Hi Katie,

We're so happy to hear that we made the planning process stress-free from states away :) Thank you for such a kind review! Your sweet family lit up The Ranch and really brought the magic to us. We wish you the best of marriages :)

Hillary Married on 09/29/2018
    We just had our wedding on 9/29/18 and WOW I cannot express how happy I am that we chose Leo Carrillo Ranch / Personal Touch Dining for our wedding. It was truly the best day of our lives and I feel like a HUGE part of that is thanks to LCR and the staff that they have. Leah was our coordinator throughout the whole planning process and Nikka was our day of coordinator. Leah was very communicative throughout planning, always nice, and very accommodating. I could not have asked for anyone better than Leah, she is so professional and great at what she does! Every question we had she had an answer. Nikka was perfect day of. She made us all feel calm and somehow was able to rally up our huge wedding party whenever needed. She did little touches throughout the day that made huge impacts on us, like handing us our chosen drinks of choice right after we walked down the aisle as Mr. & Mrs., got our order and brought us our food, and continuously would ask us throughout the night if we still wanted to do x, y, or z (ex. discrete cake cutting, etc). We actually changed our minds with quite a few things as the night went on so it was great. The staff as whole was amazing!!! Leah instructed us that if we have our own décor for the wedding that we should leave notes on each item for the staff to put out day of. They did such a great job, for a lot of it I asked them to use their judgement of where to put things and it was absolutely beautiful. The venue is gorgeous and somehow the day of a wedding looks 1000x better than when you come on a regular day. The vendors they recommend are all great, especially DJ Nick Weiss, the photo bus, and Adore Folklore Rentals! We really could not have dreamed of a better wedding, it went so smoothly and if there were any kinks we had nooo idea. So thank you SO much again to everyone at LCR / Personal Touch Dining!!!!
    Tanya Married on 09/01/2018
    I recently got married at Leo Carrillo and I can honestly say it was a dream come true. If I could give more stars than five I would. The atmosphere, the scenery, the food, the cleanliness, the staff, the ease of parking, the list goes on about how amazing this place is and considering the price, I feel like I got an incredible deal. I want to give a huge thanks to Leah and Nikka for their hard work, professionalism, guidance, and support on my wedding day... and all the months leading up to that day. Leah was so attentive and always made sure to answer my questions and emails very promptly. She put my mind at ease when planning my wedding and overall I was a relaxed bride throughout the process because of her. I am beyond grateful that we found Leo Carrillo and chose it as our wedding venue. It was the perfect spot to make such a wonderful memory. So just another thanks to Leah, Nikka, and the rest of the staff for making my special day so perfect. You guys are truly great at what you do!!!! :)
    Ali Married on 08/25/2018
    Wow, we had the best day of our lives! What a beautiful, happy, relaxing wedding! The employees at Leo Carrillo / Personal Touch are fantastic. Leah & Nikka are both terrific at their jobs, and I don’t know what we would have done without them. Leah’s hard work, efficiency, attention to detail, and responsiveness was so appreciated during the planning, and Nikka’s positive, chill, upbeat, helpful vibe on the wedding day was so soothing and wonderful. They all did such a wonderful job to make the day run so smoothly. Everything tasted amazing, everything looked great, everyone was very helpful and nice. We were so grateful with everything Leo Carrillo / Personal Touch does as a part of the package – they handled the tables, the chairs, the dinnerware, the set up, the pack up, they set out our décor, the list goes on and on. It gave us such peace of mind knowing that they were handling so much behind the scenes. It was a truly magical evening. The most gorgeous venue and the happiest day. I highly recommend this place!
    Hayley Married on 07/22/2018
    We planned our entire wedding overseas and Leo Carrillo did not disappoint. The staff and the site were amazing. We would recommend Leo Carrillo Ranch to anyone who wants the best venue for their best day.
  • Y
    Yuri Married on 04/28/2018
    We looked at several venues, and are so happy that we chose to have our wedding at Leo Carrillo Ranch! We mostly worked with Leah, but then had Leah and Nika at the venue the day of the wedding, and for the rehearsal.

All of my family and friends kept saying how great Leah and Nika were because they knew all of the tips and tricks to make the day go smoothly! Thank you to both of them for making sure everything was perfect!! Having a drink ready for us after the ceremony? Amazing touch.

LCR is a great, affordable venue. All of my guests raved about the food, and they were just so accommodating, and easy to work with!
    Katie Married on 11/04/2017
    Leo Carrillo Ranch was absolutely perfect for our wedding! We were looking for a laid-back, backyard type of feel and it was everything we could have hoped for. Leah and Nikka were so helpful - they made the whole process so seamless. We had rain in the forecast, and Leah was able to get a tent last minute to make sure we didn't get rained on :) So many guests mentioned it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. All of our guests raved about the food, which was important to us! It was the BEST experience and I will always remember how special this day was.