LeMont Reviews

88 | Pittsburgh, PA

88 Reviews for LeMont

Desiree · Married on 05/11/2013

The LeMont is an AMAZING place to get married and have a reception! Our guests had nothing but GREAT things to say about the LeMont. The food was great, the service was great, not once did we need for anything ALL NIGHT!!! Bill, our coordinator, is fabulous and was a total pleasure to work with! I highly recommend the LeMont to anyone!!

Sent on 05/14/2013

John A. · Married on 03/23/2013

Great service, highly recommended. Food was great!!

Sent on 04/17/2013

Amanda S. · Married on 08/25/2012

Our reception was held at the LeMont in August 2012. There was not one detail that was not perfect! The Banquet Manager and Assistant Manager (Bill & Tony) were awesome to work with, and the complete waite and valet staff were terrific also. The owner even gave us personal attention the night of our wedding. Our entree choices consisted of 3 different ones for our guests, and all selections were available as gluten-free entrees should our guests desire them that way. The food was delicious and every guest was served their entree at the same time. It was amazing. Also worth mentioning was that the view is the best in the city, and on our wedding day there were fireworks in the city after the Pirate game so our guests not only had a beautiful view but they also got to see Pittsburgh fireworks.

Of all the places we investigated to hold our reception the LeMont offered us our best value. Our menu included cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, full course meal, and wedding cake. Everything was outstanding and we had not one negative comment from any of our guests.

We feel blessed to have had our wedding reception at the LeMont. It was because of a review such as this that we investigated the LeMont. In that review it stated that all couples should look at the LeMont and not count it out as being too expensive. We followed up on their advise and found out the same thing. The LeMont is very reasonably price for such a special occassion and everything was PERFECT!

Sent on 01/09/2013

Having our reception here was actually cheaper than it would have been to have it catered somewhere else, since we didn't have to pay for the venue itself! My guests were all so impressed by this 5-star restaurant with the beautiful view of the city. Bill was so helpful and kind to us, and so willing to accommodate us. We wanted an all-vegetarian menu, and they were incredible about helping us find options for this that would please even meat-loving guests. I would absolutely recommend this place!

Sent on 09/12/2012

The LeMont was the perfect venue for our wedding as many of our guests were from out of town. What better way to see the city than from Mt Washington? The view was amazing. The food and the service were great. We were running late with speeches, etc. and were a little worried about how long it would take to serve everyone. We were pleasantly surprised at how the room was quickly swarmed with servers and all of our 150 guests had their food in minutes! Throughout the past 18 months banquet manager Bill Laughlin answered numerous email and phone calls promptly and was soooooo accommodating with our many requests. Only great things to say about the entire experience.

Sent on 08/12/2012

Truly an exceptional experience all around. We were planning our wedding from out of town so there were some extra challenges. Every time I got nervous about something or had questions, Bill and Tony were more than willing to answer questions. We actually never thought we could afford the LeMont, but figured it was worth checking, because it was our dream venue. It was either competitive or more affordable than most of the places we priced in downtown Pittsburgh and worth every penny. Most of our guests were from out of town and it was such a wonderful way to share the beauty of Pittsburgh. The food was fantastic, too. I can't thank them enough for such a wonderful day.

Sent on 09/30/2012

Ashley · Married on 05/12/2012

The staff at the Lemont is so wonderful. They made our whole reception run beautifully and the views are just captivating!! Highly recommend :)

Sent on 05/24/2012

Jessica · Married on 04/19/2012

We just had our reception at LeMont last weekend and could not have had a more wonderful evening! The staff at LeMont really just went above and beyond our expectations. The manager, Bill, was so responsive from planning through the end of the reception. In fact, after we sent my family home in the limo at the end of the night, after calling 3 cabs to take us to our hotel that never showed up, Bill actually drove us to our hotel at 12:30 what a great guy! All of my guests, both from Pittsburgh and out of town, have just been raving non-stop about the view, courtesy of the staff, decor, and the delicious food. My dad paid for the wedding, and he said the bill even with the bar open all night was not as much as he expected, so even he was pretty pleased haha.

Sent on 04/18/2013

Brenda · Married on 12/26/2011

Absolutely a glorious event! Made our special day a page in a fairy tale.

Sent on 09/19/2013

Stephanie · Married on 10/22/2011

Book this place for your wedding! Bill Laughlin is great to work with. He'll answer all of your questions very quickly. The view and the food are amazing. Tony oversaw our wedding. Everything was flawless.

I'll be honest, at first we didn't believe that the LeMont could fit within our budget. Their prices ended up being extremely competitive.

We have had many guests tell us it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 10/25/2011

Katie · Married on 07/16/2011

We had our reception at the LeMont. It was a luncheon and it turned out beautifully. Our guests were so stricken with the gorgeous panoramic views of Pittsburgh and the food was delicious. We had approximately 100 guests and we used the upstairs dining area. The space was great. The tables were a great size and the dance floor was good, too. We worked with Bill and Tony for the planning and they couldn't have been more gracious. They made sure that every thing we wanted got done and they were so easy to work with.

Sent on 08/28/2011

Heather · Married on 07/17/2010

Le Mont was perfect for our venue. We had a lot of special requests that were needed and they were handled perfectly The food was excellent, served hot and tasted just like the night of our tasting. The banquet manager is organized, patient, and very efficient

Sent on 08/24/2010

Heather · Married on 05/01/2010

My wedding was two days ago at LeMont, and my fiancee and I couldn't be happier. The attentiveness that Bill and his staff provide is exactly what we were hoping for. Our ceremony flowed into cocktail hour which flowed into our reception seamlessly thanks to the staff. The food was incredible, the view was incredible, the location was perfect! I wouldn't change one thing about our night spent celebrating at LeMont!!

Sent on 05/03/2010
  • Z

Bethany · Married on 01/02/2010

We had a winter wedding on Jan 2 at the Le Mont and is was outstanding. Bill and Tony, the event coordinators at the Le Mont provide a level of service that i didn't think existed any more. from the start they were quick to respond to emails and phone calls, helpful in helping us plan and answering questions, and so attentive to the needs of us and the guests on the big day. the whole reception went as smoothly as possible. I actually received notes from guests after the wedding thanking us for such a great time and complimenting how perfect the reception was. They truly made me feel like it was my special day and I can't thank them enough for their excellent service!

Sent on 02/08/2010

Jennifer · Married on 01/01/2010

Our wedding was last night and was simply amazing, it couldnot have been more perfect! Bill responded to my emails quickly and I he answered my hundreds of questions without hesitation. I was never told that we could not do something, which made planning so much easier! The food was out of this world and our guests raved about the food, the service was impecable and the ambience was PERFECT! I wish we could do it all over again!!

Sent on 01/02/2010

Pam · Married on 10/16/2009

5 Stars for LeMont!

The reception was everything we ever dreamed of -- and then some!

The view atop Mt. Washington is absolutely spectacular! The decor of LeMont is incredibly beautiful! The meal was amazing - everything was delicious.

Bill Laughlin and his staff were so nice and helpful. He [Bill] promptly answered our numerous emails and phone calls. They did a wonderful job in setting up all of our tables, centerpieces, photos, etc., etc.

We were definitely working on a budget -- but we were treated as though we were millionaires.
    Our guests are still raving about the wedding reception.

Sent on 10/30/2009

Kelly · Married on 09/26/2009

All we can say is Amazing! They treated us like a king and queen. I would highly recommend this to any couple. The view alone speaks for itself

Sent on 09/29/2009

Jeannine · Married on 05/09/2009

PERFECT PLACE, EXCELLENT SERVICE!
    I went to dinner several years ago at LeMont and told my "boyfriend" at the time that I would get married there. 5 years later...we partied at our wedding reception there! Bill is awesome! He has done thousands of wedding receptions so he knows how to run things! I received 100's of compliments of the staff that they were very attentive and friendly.

We had 150 guests and the lower banquet room was perfect. Of course the views were breathtaking! We had cocktail hour for all guests and they had a beautiful arrangement of veggies and the staff walked around with apps. The bar is so big, so there was never a line...I can't tell you how many weddings I have been to and waited in a line for a drink.

We had private restrooms. They placed all the tables exactly how I wanted. We had a candy and cookie bar and it looked so good! The food...I am still receiving compliments on the size of the filets! You get what you pay for! Great food, great booze, great staff, great views.! It was wonderful!!!

My husband wanted bottles of Kristal and Bill was able too obtain several bottles that they didn't even sell.

I know it sounds expensive, but you are throwing the biggest party and event for your self...you owe it to make it an affair your family and friends will never forget!

Sent on 06/09/2009

Christina · Married on 05/02/2009

Staff was amazing. Many of my guests commented on what wonderful service the LeMont provided. Easy to work with & flexible with menu. Somewhat expensive, but well worth the price!

Sent on 01/19/2010

Felicite · Married on 09/27/2008

I cannot review how the Lemont is for large events. However, my husband and I went to the Lemont for our wedding reception dinner (only 8 guests). Lemont still made it a special evening-the cookie tray and cake we had delivered was displayed by our table. The waiter helped us with cutting the cake. We were treated as well as if we had 200 guests. The food and service is excellent.

Sent on 11/28/2008
  • F

Jaime · Married on 05/16/2008

I contacted The LeMont less than 2 months prior to my wedding...they were more than helpful throughout the whole process and more than willing to take on the challenge of a large wedding in such a short notice.

The room overlooking the city was immaculate! The service was nothing short of perfect! The food was phenomenal! My friends and family are still talking about the experience months later!

Sent on 12/05/2008

A · Married on 05/05/2007

Bill and Tony were a joy to work with as I planned my wedding reception from across the state. They made sure everything was perfect on the big day. My guests loved the view of Pittsburgh, something most venues can't provide. I would recommend the Lemont to any bride 2 be!

Sent on 05/06/2008

I worked with Bill Laughlin who was very responsive to our requests. Beautiful venue! Fireworks that evening for the pirates game which we could enjoy perfectly with this amazing view. We even had a rainbow that spanned across the city! Food was good, cake vendor they work with was good. I did have a matte board that I instructed Bill to use for my guest sign in that cost 50$. He did not put this out which was a disappointment because now I do not have a guest book. Also someone from Lemont took all of the contents of the bathroom box at the end of the evening and just left the box, also disappointing. Overall though beautiful venue and excellent service!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Erica · Married on 09/20/2013

This is hands down the best wedding venue in Pittsburgh, PA. The décor is stunning and the food is amazing. Tony and Bill were perfect and a pleasure to work with. They addressed all of our concerns and went the extra mile for us. They are great at paying attention to details you may forget about yourself. Our wedding reception was downstairs; there are private bathrooms and a private bar on this level. It was perfect for our size group (about 140) and everyone had a blast. Our guests LOVED the view of the city at night. Everyone commented that it was the best wedding they had ever attended.

Sent on 09/26/2013

The venue was amazing! Bill took care of every detail with care. The only thing I might have liked better was and extra server or two but it wasn't anything to get upset about. I would just suggest when booking this awesome venue to check what the ratio of server to guests is and make adjustments if necessary. The food was perfect and everyone raved over the view. Believe it or not the cost amazing!

Sent on 09/09/2012