LeMont Reviews

88 | Pittsburgh, PA

88 Reviews for LeMont

• firefly314

Chelsea · Married on 10/24/2015

Everything was flawless with the LeMont. Bill was our coordinator along the planning process and Tony helped us out on the day of and we couldn't be more happy with them. They are genuinely nice men that have seen everything and I'm not sure anything would surprise them if you asked. Every request or question I had for Bill was met with an answer and easy solution. No drama, no stress. Actually, the entire staff at the LeMont was gracious and kind the day of the wedding. I believe they do over 500 weddings a year and it shows. They have it down to a T. Our food was DELICIOUS. Guests remarked on not only how good the food was but how the view was spectacular. We had a rainy wedding day but the city still looked as beautiful as ever from up there.

Sent on 11/23/2015

Alexandra · Married on 09/12/2015

The minute I stepped in the LeMont restaurant when venue shopping, I know that this was the place for our wedding. The view is spectacular and was a great way to show out-of-towners what Pittsburgh is all about. Planning the wedding with the LeMont was an incredibly smooth process. Bill, the banquet manager, runs everything like a well oiled machine. As a high strung, type A bride, I found him very comforting! The groom and are are both from Pittsburgh, so we had to have a traditional Pittsburgh Cookie Table at the wedding. We had a ridiculous amount of cookies, and Bill ensured us that they could handle it (and they did)! Even when we had a few cancellations the day before the wedding, Bill was able to make the changes for us. The day of the wedding was magical. All of the vendors worked directly with Bill to coordinate arrivals, etc. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Everything was so smooth and the venue looked beautiful (despite some rain outside, the view was still amazing). The food and service were top notch. I couldn't have been happier with my experience! Thank you to Bill and the LeMont!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Jean · Married on 09/06/2015

I loved having my wedding luncheon reception at the LeMont! We worked with Bill Laughlin who was very accommodating, flexible and very responsive to email correspondence. The team at Lemont did a great job of working with our vendors to coordinate arrivals of centerpieces and other décor and day of our event the set up was beyond perfect. The food and service were both spectacular and an excellent value! I also really liked the fact that we were able to change the guest list up to the day before the wedding, because with so many out of town guests we absolutely did have people cancelling up to the day before the wedding. I couldn't have been happier with my experience; highly recommend!

Sent on 10/18/2015
  • F

Francesca · Married on 08/09/2015

My husband and I held our reception at the LeMont on Aug. 9, 2015. Thanks to the staff, it truly was a night to remember! They are affordable, flexible and professional. We didn't have a worry in the world. There was no set-up or tear-down. The food, dessert and wedding cake were amazing ! I cannot say enough about the LeMont and tell everyone about them. Compared to other brides, I did every little to prepare for this wedding because the LeMont did it all. If you are looking for an elegant venue that provides exceptional food and service, look no further.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Rachel · Married on 07/25/2015

I loved having my wedding reception at the LeMont! Bill Laughlin was very accommodating and flexible. He was always able to alleviate my stress when I had questions for him. We corresponded a lot through email, that is my preferred method. I liked that we were able to change the guest list up to the day before the wedding, because we absolutely did have people cancelling due to unforeseen circumstances the night before the wedding.

We scheduled the rehearsal at 4 o'clock on Friday and several people were over 20 minutes late to rehearse. Luckily, Bill was very accommodating and we were able to keep the space for well after our originally scheduled half hour. Nothing was ever a problem for Bill.

And the views. Everyone swoons over the views. We had the ceremony and the reception there on the top floor. We were just shy of 200 people. We were worried about the space accommodating everyone and people getting room fatigue. But it turned out great. The dance floor was not empty all night! It was the a fantastic party. Everyone was having such a good time we extended the wedding an additional hour. Of course not a problem. The drinks were also great. All the guests commented that loved a good stiff cocktail.

The staff is quickly responsive. I was worried about the head table being on the dance floor, but they were able to clear it off in less than 10 minutes so we could have our first dance before the photographer left. They made sure all my requests were met, even when plans weren't going according to schedule.

I would recommend the LeMont to anyone. It really was a dream wedding there.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Robin · Married on 06/27/2015

The LeMont was the perfect reception venue. At first we wrote it off because we assumed it would be outrageously expensive, given its swanky reputation. However, after looking into the packages and meeting with the banquet manager Bill, we were pleasantly surprised to see that it was completely affordable and an overall great value!
    Planning was a breeze as Bill was responsive to every email (I think the longest amount of time I waited for a response was 4 hours). He answered every question with ease and helped us make sure everything was in place. I had a lot of moving pieces, with extra decor, a candy bar, cocktail hour, and sparkler send-off. Everything went off without a hitch thanks to the LeMont staff's excellent planning and professionalism.
    Aside from the ease of planning with everything included in one package (bar, meal, cake, linens, space rental), you really cannot beat this venue for a Pittsburgh wedding. The view is breathtaking - I still have guests telling me that our wedding was a highlight of their summer. We used the lower banquet room, which was perfect as it offered tiered floors - one for dinner and dancing, the other with restrooms and bar. This made the reception feel like a grand event that was private and exclusive for our guests.
    The view of Pittsburgh from the LeMont provided the perfect backdrop for our perfect day. As I said, we felt on top of the world and we literally were on top of the city for the party! The value you receive for this venue is out of this world. I wouldn't have done anything differently!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Debra · Married on 05/24/2015

The Le Mont did an extraordinary job for our wedding reception!! The gorgeous view of Pittsburgh took our guests breath away and so did their amazing service. Our families are both from out of town (NY & MD) so to be able to provide them with such a beautiful view of the city was perfect to showcase our new home. Our sit down dinner was flawless and delicious. All the staff members were incredible. My husband and I greeted our guests during dinner instead of doing a receiving line at the church, the staff at the Le Mont made sure that our dinners stayed warm by placing covers over our meals and checking in with us every now and then to make sure we had everything that we needed. I felt like we were cared for all night!

Bill and Tony helped get everything in order from day 1 of meeting with them down to centerpiece decorations and things we didn't even know what to do with! They were helpful in every way possible and are professional in their field. I never had to worry about a thing, they had everything covered! No question is a silly question either, anything I had a question or concern it was promptly answered or resolved. I would highly recommend The Le Mont for a wedding reception or any other affair for that matter!! You won't be sorry you did!

Sent on 06/11/2015

My husband and I just got married and the LeMont this past weekend, and we are still flying high! Everything was beautiful, well organized and so elegant!

Bill, Tony and the rest of the team at the LeMont are so professional and knowledgeable. Bill was very responsive and helpful throughout the planning process, which was such a blessing to a stressed out bride. He made it so easy and I never worried about having any sort of issue with the venue.

We had our ceremony and reception downstairs, and the staff was just amazing. Everything was set up perfectly and the tables were moved very quickly in between the ceremony and the reception. The view is gorgeous, the food is magnificent, and everyone really made us feel so special. The LeMont is also very accommodating--they made two meals gluten-free and they made BBQ sauce from scratch for our ring bearer! Again, they just made everyone feel special.

Guests continue to rave about what a beautiful wedding it was, and we have the LeMont to thank for that!

Sent on 04/22/2015

Megan · Married on 12/06/2014

I can't say enough of our wedding experience with the LeMont restaurant. I had talked to many others who have used the lemont for their wedding and was excited about choosing them. Of course the location, view and food was excellent as they never disappoint there, but wow, the service was incredible! They had everything set up perfectly, the space was perfect for my 140 guest wedding! The food was to die for and everything went so smoothly! Bill & Tony were incredibly helpful during the entire planning process as I'm sure any bride knows, it's not easy. They made it as simple as you possibly can. Very pleased!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Laura · Married on 10/18/2014

Absolutely wonderful in EVERY way. First class service, food, view, overall ambience. LeMont took care of every detail for us. Made our wedding night seamless, and so enjoyable. The view is incredible. Very romantic venue.

Sent on 03/12/2015

I highly recommend this venue to anyone getting married in the Pittsburgh area. We used this venue for our ceremony and reception and would use this venue again every time. The ceremony and reception hall is gorgeous and makes the location very classy, and the view is breathtaking and a great sight for anyone traveling out of town to the area. The food was amazing, and we had tons of compliments about it from our guests. The groom and several other guests are gluten free, and they went above and beyond to make sure they were taken care of. Bill, the coordinator, is very organized and a pleasure to work with, I can't say enough great things about this place!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Absolutely excellent service across the board for planning a wedding. Bill L. and his staff were extremely accommodating and helped make a great event. Highly recommended.

Sent on 04/02/2015
  • Kristine

Kristine · Married on 09/20/2014

Nothing but great things to say about Bill Laughlin & his team at the LeMont. Bill was excellent to work with throughout the whole planning process- very responsive and accommodating. The night of the wedding our guests kept raving about the food, views, and service. Everyone had a wonderful time, and it was very stress-free for the bride and groom. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Ashley · Married on 08/30/2014

I had my rehearsal dinner at the LeMont in August 2014. It was a beautiful night and the view was spectacular! All of my friends and family were impressed. The appetizers and entrees were phenomenal and I have no complaints. They were very accommodating and easy to work with. I highly recommend the dessert cart as it was amazing and so exciting to be able to pick your own dessert!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Amara · Married on 06/21/2014

Most spectacular reception! Bill and Tony where there every step of the way to give us a perfect and stunning day. Our guest where blown away by the entire evening. The staff was truly perfect!! If you want a gorgeous Pittsburgh wedding there is no other place comparable, I highly recommend this beautiful venue!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Our wedding reception at The Lemont was wonderful. We had 270 guests in the downstairs room, which meant we had both long and short tables. They told us we could fit that many, and the room looked great and eased my worries. They made everything so easy for us and helped to make our day even better than we expected. Bill and Tony are great to work with and answer questions in a timely manner and willing to help in any way possible. At our reception, they even brought the owner down to our room to meet us. We had no complaints with The Lemont, a first class venue that provided our food (including the cake) among other services. So many guests commented to us on how great of a time they had as well. My only advice would be to budget a little more for alcohol than they estimate. It was not far off but just so you are prepared.

Sent on 09/02/2014

My sisters wedding reception was held in the downstairs room overlooking the city. The entire evening was magical. The food was amazing and the wait staff was very attentive!

Sent on 06/13/2014

Jill · Married on 05/24/2014

The Lemont Restaurant was the perfect location for our wedding reception, as Mt. Washington was one our first memories in Pittsburgh together. We worked with Bill throughout the planning process, and both Bill and Tony ran our wedding reception. The food was amazing! and we are still hearing compliments from our guests that the food was the best they have ever had at a wedding reception. The pricing of the food was very reasonable, and when comparing to other venues, we were so surprised at how they beat out everyone else. The whole reception went flawless, minus one minor table being set for the wrong number of people. As soon as it was realized, the mistake was fixed immediately, and most guests didn't even notice, including ourselves! We would recommend The Lemont for any banquet event, as the service was great, and you can't beat the view!

Sent on 09/06/2014

Lisa · Married on 05/17/2014

The LeMont provided a beautiful venue for my wedding reception. The décor and Pittsburgh skyline was the perfect backdrop.The staff was professional and handled every detail, and the appetizers and entrees were deliciously prepared.

Sent on 06/09/2014

Our wedding was Saturday April 12, 2014,this was just a few days after there was a landslid on Mt Washington, so needless to say major panic attack set in when they closed the LeMont for a few days. Bill was great in keeping us posted on the inspectors updates and assured us it would open back up in time for our wedding. On friday before the wedding we went up to the LeMont to drop off stuff for the wedding and Bill told us that they would be open for our wedding tomorrow and just in case he had a few venues on back up for us. Well the LeMont opened that Friday night and Bill called us to say it was all good for tomorrow. Bill and his staff was wonderful, the food was out of this world our guest are still talking about what a wonderful wedding it was. The owner even came in to congratulate us and to thank us for hanging in there with them during the landslide. We would highly recommend the LeMont for a wedding or any event, the view is priceless. Thanks Bill and staff for making our wedding day PERFECT.

Sent on 07/25/2014

Melissa · Married on 12/31/2013

From the room to the view to the food to the service to Bill Laughlin I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding. There was not a thing to fuss about with Bill or the LeMont. I can’t believe the outpouring responses we have received at how impressed all the guests were with EVERYTHING. Bill is truly one in a million. We feel like we hit the jackpot having him handle our wedding!

Sent on 01/03/2014

Sara · Married on 10/26/2013

We cannot say enough good about The LeMont. Bill Laughlin was the perfect combination of laid-back & responsive that we were truly impressed. He would e-mail back very quickly and was so very accommodating to our requests. He handled everything so calmly that it helped to calm us too. With LeMont hosting over 500 weddings, they know what they are doing. We showed up with over 200 dozen cookies+reception items & we were in and out faster than we ever could have imagined!!

Our guests cannot stop raving about the wedding reception. The food was fantastic, the view from Mt. Washington is rated one of the top views IN THE WORLD and the service was incredible.

We were really scared of the price (especially the bar being consumption-based) but it was much more affordable than we ever could have imagined. We almost wrote them off as too expensive but when my husband persisted, we researched about more and realized how affordable it truly was. They spell out all the costs, there were no "surprises" at the end of the night.

Our guests have been thanking us non-stop for weeks after. Both of our fathers stated they had multiple guests, some they didn't even know, (from the opposite side) approach them and thank them for "letting" them attend our wedding. It was just so incredible. We cannot say enough good about The LeMont and can't wait to celebrate our anniversaries there!!

Sent on 11/14/2013

Marie · Married on 10/25/2013

We were a destination wedding so all planning was over the phone or email. They couldn't have been any better. Bill answered all our questions within a day. Tony treated us like royalty. Our guests are still complimenting us on our food. Our cake was heavenly. The view was amazing. They accommodated all our requests. The final bill was below our estimate! They truly deserve their 5 star rating! Thank you for making our wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Tiffany · Married on 10/12/2013

Bill was great at answering all of my questions quickly and the food was absolutely amazing with normal restaurant portions. Everything from start to finish was fantastic everyone said our wedding will be on the top wedding list for years to come!! Our guests cannot stop talking about it!

Sent on 12/19/2013

Michelle · Married on 07/05/2013

We had our ceremony and reception at LeMont and we would highly recommend them to anyone looking to plan any event! Originally we hadn't considered them assuming it would be really out of our price range, however someone told me that it wasn't really any more than a lot of other venues so we looked into it. Once we realized that it would basically cost the same there as the other average, all inclusive reception hall we were considering our decision was really easy. We very much appreciated that their rates were largely based on actual costs and not per person packages. I think this worked out to our advantage because we included children and overall the wedding didn't have a lot of big alcohol drinkers. So I think we actually spent much less than we would have at someplace that charged a flat amount per person. Anyway, everything on the day of went really smoothly, they did a great job in setting everything up for us and taking care of every little detail throughout the evening. Thank you to the waiter who somehow managed to keep finding the groom and I and bringing us plates of appetizers so that we got to eat something! Also, as for the food, we had a couple gluten free guests who raved about how attentive they were to their needs. Overall it was a fantastic night. The setting would have been amazing regardless, but their professionalism and attention to detail made it even more amazing. The only recommendation I would have is that I wish they had a better way for the bride to get into the building without everyone seeing, and a better place to wait before the ceremony.

Sent on 09/15/2013