LeMont Reviews

88 | Pittsburgh, PA

88 Reviews for LeMont

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2020

Gorgeous and Elegant

Gorgeous venue and guests were amazed by the friendly staff and of course the view! Bill the banquet manger made everything so smooth and stress free even during COVID!

Sent on 11/21/2020
  • Becky

Becky W. · Married on 09/05/2020

The perfect day in every way!

If I could give LeMont 100 stars, I would! LeMont went above and beyond the call of duty to make our very small wedding absolutely perfect for us! Bill, the banquet coordinator, was professional and made everything go off without a hitch! We had to downsize to a very small guest count due to covid restrictions and had to find a new ceremony and reception venue that would bring the “magic” for our day. My husband and I officially started dating at The LeMont, so we knew it would be a perfect fit. We just didn’t know how perfect at the time! Bill waived the normal minimum number of people required to reserve a private room on a Saturday night in light of the covid regulations. He also answered all of my emails and calls promptly- we had to pull everything together in just a little over a month, so there were a lot of details to work out! Bill was always calm, professional, and incredibly reliable.

At the time of booking, we were their only wedding for our date, so we were booked for the portion of the huge downstairs room that has the prime view of the city. (This huge downstairs room is usually separated by a divider so as to make two still very large rooms). A few weeks before the wedding, Bill informed my mother-in-law that another small party would be on the other side of the downstairs room that evening. At some point on the day of the wedding, my mom mentioned that the owners of LeMont were actually going to be on the other side of the divider celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary! To say I was shocked would be an understatement! I want to extend a sincere thank you to the owners of LeMont, Mr. and Mrs. Dunlap. I was truly touched and amazed that they permitted me and my husband to stick in the side of the room that has the particularly gorgeous Pittsburgh view. At any other restaurant with any other owners, we would surely have found ourselves bumped to the other side of the room, which while beautiful doesn’t possess quite the same iconic view of the city. It truly speaks to the Dunlaps’ character as well as that of LeMont as a whole that the owners as well as all staff put the guest experience at the forefront at all times. I would have totally understood the need to move us due to such a milestone anniversary for the owners of the restaurant...we will be forever touched that they put us, perfect strangers, above themselves!

I’m still pretty shocked - cannot imagine things shaking out the way it did for us at literally any other restaurant...My husband and I have always known that LeMont is a special restaurant, but the process of planning and having our small wedding there really made me realize that it’s the people, especially those with leadership roles, that set the tone for going above and beyond to maximize the guest experience.

Brian, the manager who managed our room on the day of the wedding, and countless other members of LeMont’s staff stepped up for us whenever we needed anything at all. The LeMont has also invested in and installed state of the art UV air filters all over the restaurant so as to make the indoor dining situation as safe as possible for staff and guests during these unusual times.

At the end of the day, our day was beyond perfect and we can’t imagine having our wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 09/20/2020
  • Chrissy

Chrissy P. · Married on 07/31/2020

Everything we could have wanted

We had our wedding reception at Le Mont at the end of July and could not be happier. Bill helped us plan the whole thing from out of state and took care of everything! We didn’t have to worry about a thing. He recommended an awesome florist. Due to COVID, we didn’t have a wedding planner, but we didn’t need one at all. We dropped everything off to Bill in the morning and he and his team made sure to set everything up. Our bartender and server, Don, was incredible! He was so attentive and had a great personality. My husband and I got our first dance and We’re able to cut our cake as well as have our own sweetheart table. Thank you so much Le Mont staff, for making our reception absolutely amazing during this crazy time.

Sent on 08/31/2020
  • Denalyn

Denalyn · Married on 09/28/2019

Beautiful and Affordable Venue

My husband and I were looking for a location that we could show off the city since most of our guests were from out of town. The LeMont did not disappointment! We were constantly told by our guests that the venue was beautiful. Bill was hands down the best coordinator in making wedding planning not stressful. Bill was accommodating in all of our requests and responded to all of my emails in a timely manner. We had a late wedding ceremony since it was at Heinz chapel. Bill said it was not an issue to start the reception later and we were allowed to stay to closing if we wanted! We stayed to the very end, probably later than we should have, but the staff was super friendly and not pushing us out of the door. We had DJ Bill Bara who was fantastic and stayed with us until the very end. As for the price, my dad keeps saying he was surprised that the venue was affordable. There is no fees to rent out the venue. You are paying consumption based prices which is so much cheaper than most other venues. There also is no rental fees with tables, plates, chairs, etc. Overall, the value for the venue as well as the quality of the food and service were excellent and the planning staff made the entire process a breeze.

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • Kyle

Kyle · Married on 09/07/2019

They were wonderful!

We do not have enough good things to say about LeMont! Great food, amazing view, wonderful staff! They were very easy to work with! We highly recommend having your wedding at LeMont!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Tesin

Tesin G. · Married on 08/10/2019

The venue speaks for itself, the view was absolutely breathtaking!

Working with The LeMont was a dream. Bill is truly an angel, he answered every single one of my emails directly and promptly. The LeMont catered to our every need and request. They accommodated our large guest list thoughtfully. The food was incredible, people are still talking about it! We have heard nothing but positive comments about our reception. The servers were kind and efficient. The venue speaks for itself, the view was absolutely breathtaking! All of our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves. We could not have asked for a better day. We are so grateful to the LeMont for allowing us to create beautiful memories.

Sent on 08/24/2019
  • Alejandra

Alejandra · Married on 04/12/2019

It was amazing!

LeMont was the best place for our Wedding. The view was spectacular and the food was amazing. Bill was awesome! He made sure we got everything we needed. Working with him was very easy. He was always very responsive and he accommodated every request we asked for. Our guests love everything about the LeMont. Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 03/30/2019

All around GREAT experience

I can’t say enough about Lemont. We had such an AMAZING time and working with Bill Laughlin made it that much more enjoyable. Through out the planning process he was super easy going and accommodated any special requests. Everything from the appetizers to the dinner (we chose the surf & turf and let me just say it was out of this world) it was FANTASTIC. Oh and the cake, wow BEST cake I’ve ever had in my life. Not exaggerating because I am not a cake person—I ate it all even the icing. We chose the white batter with buttercream icing and raspberry filling. Truly INCREDIBLE. I highly recommend LeMont! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Tracy

Tracy G. · Married on 02/28/2019

The best atmosphere

The company was great and very polite to help us with any changes we have.

Sent on 04/07/2019

Ashleigh · Married on 11/03/2018

Hidden Gem for Your Wedding

If you're looking for a simple, stress-free, elegant wedding with an amazing view, look no further. The LeMont provides an amazing value for any wedding.

The LeMont was a dream to work with. Their experienced staff worked with us efficiently on all of the details of our reception. They take care of a lot of the details that other places won't: they'll provide you a wedding cake, all of the linens, table numbers, set up the entire reception space including decorations and cookie table, and handled all food and liquor, all for an extremely reasonable price. Going with the LeMont allowed us to remove so many things from our to-do list.

After all of the planning and ceremony, the LeMont is the perfect reception location to celebrate with all of your loved ones. Elegant trappings, professional service, delicious food, and a jaw dropping view all form the backdrop for a perfect night.

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • W

William M. · Married on 10/27/2018

Best Wedding Venue in Pittsburgh

We had our wedding reception at here. First of all the the location is one of the best in Pittsburgh. Walking into the reception and seeing the amazing view of the Pittsburgh skyline was a major reason for choosing this venue. Bill & Tony were wonderful to plan with. Every one of our special requests was taken care of. The staff was excellent and the service provided by them was top notch! Everyone was raving about the food! It tasted amazing and the selection to pick from was great! Price was very reasonable for the quality of the food, service, and venue. Many of our guests cannot stop talking about how great the overall experience was!

Sent on 11/16/2018
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 09/21/2018

My wedding is on 9/21/18. We are having our reception at LeMont. Our initial appointment went really well. Our menu tasting was amazing. We have been working with Bill from the beginning. He's just great. I have already emailed him several times with additional questions. He always responds in a timely manner.

Sent on 05/01/2018

Madeline · Married on 06/10/2018

Wonderful staff , food great, view outstanding, bill and tony were so accommodating. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Steven · Married on 03/11/2018

Had a small luncheon style wedding on 3/11/18. Everything was perfect! Working with Bill and Melissa for the planning was very smooth and they made everything easy to plan. The day of the wedding I was able to get there early and set up my decorations/centerpieces. The staff was phenomenal and the banquet manger Anthony was a pleasure to work with. He made sure everything was perfect and his staff was friendly and attentive. The food was perfect and everyone who attended the wedding loved everything. No one left disappointed. I would recommend the Lemont to anyone who is looking for a small,medium, or large event as they are very professional and easy to work with. Plus the view makes for the best photos without having to stand on the side of grandview ave.

Sent on 03/27/2018

Mandy · Married on 11/25/2017

I am so happy that we chose the LeMont to have our wedding ceremony and reception at. We had a lot of out of town guests, and the venue truly wowed them. There is not a single thing I would have changed about our wedding day. The LeMont made sure that my day was absolutely perfect. Our guests told us it was the fanciest wedding they had ever been to, that the food was delicious, and the view was spectacular. It’s hard finding a venue that knocks all your wish list items out of the park, and the LeMont did it.
    Bill Laughlin was also so easy to work with. He e-mailed back within a few hours which was nice, especially leading up to the wedding. You would have thought I was the only Bride he was working with, which I know is not the case since he has e-mailed me since my wedding and asked about one of my vendors. A Bride saw pictures of my reception and wanted to know one of my vendors. I think it shows how much he truly cares by going above and beyond to get this information to make another Bride’s day perfect. Bill also worked with all of my vendors to arrange set up and pick up times so that I didn’t have to stress. I was able to drop all of my décor off the day before, and the staff at the LeMont set it up beautifully with very little instruction. It was so nice not to have to stress about setting up the venue before the wedding. I was truly overwhelmed walking into the venue for the first time. Our ceremony was absolutely stunning since the setup is in the corner of the room overlooking the City. I loved showing off the City this way to our out of town guests! I would definitely recommend the LeMont to other couples looking for a wedding venue, it was truly amazing. Thank you, Bill and the rest of the staff, for making our day perfect!!

Sent on 02/03/2018

Christina · Married on 11/11/2017

Absolutely amazing experience working with Bill, Tony, and the rest of the team at the LeMont. Everything was so easy and simple to plan, and all of our guests walked away raving at how well organized and fun our wedding was!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Natalie · Married on 08/26/2017

I could not rave enough about LeMont. The beauty of it is obvious. Our guests raved all night and every day after the wedding. The food was incredible. Appetizers were great. The cake was more beautiful than I had even imagined. But what REALLY made this place was Bill Laughlin, the banquet manager. Bill was amazing from the start. He replied to my millions of emails within an hour every time. He was SO accommodating. Basically everything I asked, he said yes to. He is really helpful with finding ways to keep the cost down, which is so nice because you expect people to push you to do the expensive option. Bill was there for the rehearsal and the whole day of. Every time I talked to him leading up to the wedding and the day of, he made me feel at ease. The whole staff was incredible the day of too. The view is the best in the whole city, the space was plenty big with room to spare, the staff is awesome, the food is amazing, it was just the most perfect venue for the most perfect day.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Dara · Married on 05/13/2017

We are so happy we had our wedding at the LeMont! The food was excellent, you can't beat the view, and the service was awesome. Bill took care of all our needs - he always responded quickly to any request. Very reasonably priced, considering what you get in return.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Mary · Married on 02/25/2017

They were very attentive and worked hard to make everything come together. We ordered directly from the menu and food and service were excellent! It was small wedding, but they made us feel important.

Sent on 02/20/2017

Amanda · Married on 12/31/2016

My husband and I just got married on New Year's Eve and we could not be happier!! Everyone loved the food, service and view the LeMont provided. Bill was very helpful with questions throughout the process of planning and was there the day of. They were wonderful with setting up and tearing down!! I highly recommend them for any special event!!

Sent on 01/08/2017
  • VJ

Victoria · Married on 11/19/2016

I have booked with the LeMont for my reception in November. They were the location of my brother and sister-in-law's reception and were absolutely beautiful. The view is amazing, the food is delicious, and Bill and Tony are the best to work with! The price is perfect for the services they provide and couldn't be beat for our large guest list! We cannot wait to celebrate with the LeMont!

Sent on 01/14/2016

Kelsey · Married on 11/05/2016

We had a wedding at the Lemont on 11/5/2016. Nothing but GREAT comments. Gorgeous backdrop, Bill is great, and food is amazing (friends are still talking about the size of the steaks). The ceilings are a little low, so you have to keep that in mind when decorating. You cannot beat the skyline though. We had our ceremony there as well, you don't need to decorate at all - the city is the decoration!

Bill is really responsive, and he easily answered all of my questions. We actually used his recommendation for a DJ/violinist, and weren't disappointed at all! Bill also made sure our guests didn't see me before the ceremony. We were going to hideout in the upstairs bar, but we had some overeager guests already there when we arrived. Bill quickly ushered us into another room so I could stay hidden.

Overall, great experience!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Andrea · Married on 08/12/2016

Having our wedding ceremony and reception at the Le Mont was perfect. The cost was surprisingly reasonable, and the service and views were exceptional. Bill and his team at the Le Mont were amazing and everything that we had planned ended up exactly as we hoped. Bill responded immediately to every single one of my (many) questions and I always felt like he had it all under control. He coordinated with the other vendors seamlessly and said 'yes' to any particular request or need we had. If you're thinking of having your wedding in Pittsburgh, we highly recommend the Le Mont!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Nicole · Married on 03/19/2016

The Le Mont is second to non when it comes to professionalism. Their catering staff is a well oiled machine. Bill, the catering director, is quick and so helpful. The Le Mont KNOWS weddings. They will not let you down in food or in quality. I highly reccommed this venue. It's already so classically beautiful that the decor can be minimum or a lot.

Thank you to the Le Mont for a PERFECT wedding and for being so accommodating to me and my vendors. And a special thanks to Bill!

Sent on 04/27/2016

Lindsey · Married on 11/07/2015

Unbelievable. This space is easily the best venue in Pittsburgh, hands down. Nothing can compete with what this venue offers - first class dining, attentive staff, gorgeous interior 1920's classic design, and THE VIEW. No other venue can offer the most breathtaking view in the country as their backdrop for their wedding while also providing 5 star meals. Everything went flawlessly. Bill Laughlin was amazing to work with - he would answer every trivial question of mine within an hour or so. He was able to accommodate every request I had from special drinks to after dinner snacks. Multiple times throughout the reception Bill went out of his way to find me and ask if I needed anything or what he could do to make the night better. I had many out of town guests at the wedding and over and over again people said that this was the best wedding that they have ever been to in their ENTIRE lives. Do not look anyway else - the LeMont is the only venue you should consider for a wedding reception! It was reasonably priced as well for the 5 star quality that we received. We expected the bill to be MUCH higher given the quality of our reception, but it was surprisingly affordable. THANK YOU to the LeMont for making our dreams come true and being the setting for the best day of our lives! We can't wait to come back and dine with you again and again.

Sent on 11/18/2015