Leigh Skaggs Photography Reviews

Leigh Skaggs Photography 7
  • Sheri

Sheri · Married on 10/20/2018

Passionate, Flexible, Determined, Quick, AMAZING

WOW! Leigh and her team made our wedding day complete and we are very pleased with all the photographs! Leigh is a very hands on person and is not afraid to do ANYTHING to get that perfect shot...even if it means laying wet/muddy grass to get the perfect moon shot under the tree and stars after send-off :) I heard of Leigh as she was the photographer at my friends wedding and she took an amazing picture in the RAIN and we not afraid to stop because of the rain, equipment and all. We wanted an outdoor wedding, but it had been raining all day and we were close to moving it indoors. I asked her if she wouldn't mind shooting in the rain for our ceremony and she said absolutely not! The rain ended up letting up a little and it couldn't have been more perfect, but she was more than willing and prepared to get a little wet! Her team works amazingly together and kept the wedding day and bridal party moving and on time. Not only were the pictures AMAZING, but she is also very easy to communicate with and responds to EVERY question quickly and respectfully. We absolutely LOVED having Leigh and her team (Devon, and Kiki) as a part of our wedding :D oh and in-between shots, Leigh is not afraid to get down and dance!

Sheri,
    We had the BEST time at your wedding! Thanks for dancing with me! XOXO!

Brielle · Married on 10/13/2018

Talented photographer and FUN to work with

Leigh is not only a very talented photographer, but her and her team are super fun to work with. She shot our engagement photos and our wedding. She made my husband and I feel very comfortable and she was incredibly flexible with our requests. Our wedding started late and she still managed to keep our photo timeline on track and get some amazing shots. She also got our wedding photos back to us so quickly! I think she is very reasonably priced for the packages she offers. I would hands down recommend Leigh to all couples looking for a professional, talented and FUN photographer to work with.

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Brielle! You know we loved being part of such a SPECIAL day! XOXO!

Kaylyn Brown · Married on 09/15/2018

Best ever!

When it comes to wedding planning, there's so many decisions and choices to be made. Who to use as a photographer to capture our special day was not a decision we had to make. Hands down, it would be Leigh Skaggs!! Leigh has photographed many weddings I have been in and attended. Not to mention following along those friends and family members after their weddings for maternity photos, newborn shots, and family portraits. Her work is simply phenomenal. She is quick to respond, professional, yet fun and personable making you feel comfortable even in awkward or intimate moments. If you don't know how to pose or what to do with your hands like me, don't worry, she will show you and then she'll go above and beyond to get the best angle for the shot. We booked Leigh for our wedding date, Sept 15th. Unfortunately, due to Hurricane Florence my husband and I had to make a difficult decision to postpone our wedding to a later date - Oct 27. Devastated we had to change our plans, but grateful for one another, we still decided to wed that day on the beach with family and friends. Leigh was available for our reschedule date, but knew we planned to still marry on that Sept day and have our reception in Oct. Out of the kindness of her heart, she showed up at the beach and took incredible pictures of our ceremony. Her and her other shooters killed it again in Oct capturing every detail of our day from getting ready, to our first look, bridal party shots, family pictures, from dancing to our send off. Thank you for being apart of BOTH our special days.

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

You know how much I LOVE you all!! Thank you so much for choosing me to be a part of ALL THAT LOVE!

MaryClaire · Married on 07/21/2018

Leigh is a shining star, and we could not imagine our wedding day without her! Our bridal party adored her and had so much fun taking photos. She was efficient and organized, immediately answering our many questions from day one and running the wedding day photos like a champ. We clicked right away, and she made our engagement shoot feel effortless. On the actual wedding day, her team was on it from the moment they arrived, capturing every little detail. She wasn't afraid to lie down in the middle of the street for the perfect shot! She even had our photos back to us in less than three weeks, which we were so impressed with! We are so glad we took the time to find a photographer that we loved.

LOVE YOU!!
    Thank you so much for choosing me. We had the BEST time at your wedding!
  • Jose

Jose · Married on 06/23/2018

When we talked to Leigh, from the very beginning we had an instant connection and a good vibe from her. When we decided to host a destination wedding the most important aspect for my, regarding vendors was the photographer and I wanted to make sure Leigh would come with us to Jamaica. When she said YES to the trip, LOL, we were super excited to have her with use, she is really easy to work with, cool, laid back, professional, she knows what she is doing.

She is worth every penny for the quality of her work and her personality which is a plus when working with a vendor.

We are pleased with her work and she will be forever our family photographer. Thanks Leigh for everythign you are awesome!!!! xoxoxo

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

You know I think the world of you both! Thank so much for choosing me to travel with you to Jamaica! It was a BLAST!
    www.lwighskaggsphotography.net

Mary · Married on 11/04/2017

Hold on while I break out my thesaurus, I want to use every possible adjective for awesome to describe Leigh. From the very first email she was always prompt to respond and she was just as quick in getting us our gorgeous photos. She and her second shooter (husband Jay) were a ton of fun! We would not have taken engagement photos if she hadn’t insisted and I am so glad that she did! They are stunning (and it turns out that we needed the practice before the wedding). Leigh helped us with the day of timeline and was on top of every moment from pre-ceremony to reception. She takes photos that really capture the people and their emotions, there’s no forced silliness. This is the best investment you can make when planning a wedding so choose Leigh!

Caitlin · Married on 10/01/2017

Leigh and her husband are a phenomenal team and down right nice people!! They were worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY. They were fun to work with and went above and beyond their duty. There were some issues with other staff and Leigh Skaggs Photography jumped right in and took control from the moment they arrived. Without them, I do not know how our day would have went! Additionally, they were great with friends and family who needed some guidance as tow here to go, how to stand, etc... The pictures are absolutely beautiful; more than I ever imagined. They look like they belong in a magazine!! They met every one of my requests and more. Her delivery time was very quick too (way sooner than I imagined). I highly recommend them to anyone in need!!

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

Thank you so much!! LOVE you! Thanks for choosing me! We had a blast!
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/23/2017

There are not enough words in the English vocabulary to describe how amazing Leigh and Jay are! Every single one of my wedding photography dreams were granted, AND THEN SOME! Not only did Leigh travel to Cancun, Mexico to photograph my entire wedding weekend, they blended right in like they were family. My friends and family still talk about how professional they both were, while still be able to kick back and relax, just like they were part of the family. One situation we all still talk about it how AMAZING Leigh and Jay are with going with the flow. My flower girls were getting pretty grumpy after the ceremony just when we wanted to take group shots. Leigh was literally not even phased at all, she worked with them and made them laugh and took amazing shots all while doing it. She made it look so effortless and easy. One quality about Leigh and Jay that also resonated with my husband and I, was there ability to stay calm, low stress and remain so positive and happy during the whole weekend. They make it feel so relaxed, they are truly professionals but they have a "we got this" vibe that just puts everything at ease. I can go on and on about Leigh and Jay but what proves it all, is the RESULT. There is not one photo that I do not absolutely love. Leigh takes risks with photos and she has no fear! I got into the water with my wedding dress for a post wedding day shoot and she was right there with me! In her bathing suit! Another quality about the way they shoot, they NEVER make it feel forced or awkward. You want to be happy and laugh because they are so funny and so care free! It makes it actually fun! Choosing Leigh and Jay to be a part of my wedding in Mexico was the best decision I made and I was in literal tears when I saw the finished product. Once your wedding is over, all you have left are your photos to keep the memory. Hiring Leigh and Jay was worth every penny and I recommend them to anyone and everyone I know!!

Sent on 10/30/2017
    Leigh Skaggs Photography 8
    Leigh Skaggs Photography 9
    Leigh Skaggs Photography 10
    Leigh Skaggs Photography 11
    Leigh Skaggs Photography 12

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

We LOVE you and Ian SO MUCH!! Thank you for trusting us with your AMAZING wedding! It was honestly so much more to us than just a wedding, it meant so much being surrounded by all that LOVE!! XOXO!

melanie · Married on 09/17/2017

Leigh was an absolute joy to work with as our wedding photographer. She has a way of making any person feel comfortable behind the camera, especially someone like myself who is not a huge fan of pictures! My husband and I knew Leigh was right for us because her go with the flow attitude and bubbly personality fit right in with our family & friends. Our wedding guests and bridal party were very impressed with Leigh's professionalism, but also her ability to have fun. She has a way of making you feel calm and relaxed on one of the most exciting/stressful/overwhelming days of your life! My husband and I are SO happy that we chose Leigh for our wedding. The pictures turned out SO beautiful. My husband and I cried tears of joy when we received our wedding album. We didn't hire a videographer, so these pictures were all we had left of the wedding. Leigh captured our day perfectly. I would highly recommend her to anyone in need of a photographer! She is brilliant at what she does and puts her clients first. THANK YOU LEIGH! Tyler and I will forever be grateful for everything you did for us on our special day. YOU & JAY ARE AMAZING!

Sent on 10/31/2017
    Leigh Skaggs Photography 20
    Leigh Skaggs Photography 21
    Leigh Skaggs Photography 22

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

Melanie and Tyler, the pleasure was all MINE!!! I loved every minute of your wedding day! Thank you so much for choosing us! It was such a honor to be part of all that LOVE!!
    XOXO!

Morghan · Married on 09/09/2017

Stop searching, you have found your photographer!! We absolutely loved working with Leigh (and husband Jay)! From the start Leigh was so easygoing. My husband and I had our engagement session with them while they were on THEIR vacation in NYC. They are too kind for letting us steal them away for a bit! We knew from the second we met them that they would be great and couldn't wait to see them again! Leigh is the perfect combination of fun and serious. She knows how and when to use both! Our bridal party was about 24 people plus little ones, and she handled the big group like a champ! During our ceremony you would have never noticed Leigh was there capturing the most beautiful photos - and during the reception, you would have thought she was a guest (in the best way)! Leigh got right in the action of the dancing and partying, and was able to capture images that perfectly described us and our day. I cried at how beautiful the photos turned out when I saw them. I can't thank her and Jay enough for not only the incredible photos we have that will last a lifetime, but for being by far the best people we had the privilege of working with! Also, Leigh and Jay are #marriagegoals. Love love love them!

David · Married on 07/30/2017

I'm taking a moment to say how BEAUTIFUL and dreamlike Leigh Skaggs Photography made our day in pictures!! They were so good I struggled to pick favorites out of the hundreds in the entire photo series. Scrolling through the first look images was like emotional storytelling and her team managed to capture events I didn't know happened (ex: my mom cried during the ceremony)! My empty reception and reception item pictures seriously looked magazine/Pinterest worthy. Thank you Leigh Skaggs Photography for expertly capturing our wedding so we may forever preserve the charm and magic of our special day!

Katie · Married on 06/17/2017

From February 6, 2016 to June 17, 2017 • Leigh was an absolute dream. She made all of my wedding visions come to life through my pictures and captured all of the moments I will hold dear to my heart for the rest of my life. I can not wait for the future of kids, family portraits, and anniversary shoots because I will for sure call Leigh for every single event! She has been there since the proposal and has become part of our story, and a part of the family! Adam and I love you guys and we can't thank you enough for everything you've done for us!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Katie!! Your wedding was honestly just the BEST and Jay and I were so thrilled and honored to not only document it but to be a part of it! I cannot wait to see what the future hold for you and Adam!!

Catherine · Married on 04/29/2017

My husband and I are so please with Leigh and her work! She is an amazing photographer and a great person. She responds quick and at all hours of the day. She makes you feel very comfortable and is able to capture moments that you will want to have forever! I do not have enough great things to say about her and her work as a photographer!

Sent on 05/13/2017

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Catherine!! We had a BLAST at your wedding!! Love you!! XOXO!

Kelsey · Married on 03/11/2017

Our families agree, choosing Leigh Skaggs Photography was our BEST decision and our favorite of all our wedding vendors that contributed to our dream wedding day. Leigh, Jay, and Devon (sorry if I spelled that wrong?!) were incredible and SO much fun!! We are all swooning over our wedding pictures from our March wedding in Richmond! Happy tears central :) They had everyone laughing and put everyone at ease...and definitely helped to keep me calm :) Not only were they capturing every happy moment, they essentially coordinated our whole day wedding day. They made sure everyone was where they needed to be and Jay even stepped up and sprinted to my bridal suite to grab my toss-bouquet for my reception before it was forgotten. Leigh and her team went above and beyond!! We are so grateful. THANK YOU! We love y'all!! -Kelsey & Nicholas

Sent on 04/10/2017

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

I cannot say enough how much fun we had at your wedding! We love you and Nick so much!! Thank you for choosing us!! XOXO!

Ashley · Married on 12/03/2016

Leigh and her team were AMAZING at our wedding and we received so many compliments on our photographers! I got to work with Leigh at my best friend's wedding a year earlier, and I knew I wanted her to be our wedding photographer. Leigh and her husband made us feel so comfortable, from the engagement pictures all the way through our wedding reception. She was extremely responsive to emails and always flexible! Her team caught every moment of our wedding from all angles, moments we would have never gotten to see if it weren't for the awesome photos! Leigh captured so many perfect photos of our wedding that it's hard to decide which ones we want to display in our house (we wish we could show off all 1000+ photos!). We still get compliments from our wedding guests about how impressed they were with our photographers. Choose Leigh to capture your big day, you won't regret it!

Sent on 01/08/2017

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

Can't say how much this means to us, Ashley!! We LOVED being a part of your wedding day! Thank you so much for choosing us!! XOXO!

Emmie · Married on 11/19/2016

We absolutely adore Leigh and her husband (Jay)! They shot our wedding on 11-19-16 & it was so much fun. I wanted outdoor photos & beach photos (yes, at the end of November!) & Leigh made that dream a reality. She also found a gorgeous spot for more outdoor photos once we finished at the beach.

We had joked about Leigh having a time machine & being able to bend time so nothing could throw our photo timeline off track, but it was also like Leigh had a magical transportation device that took us far away from my hometown. We found a beach spot that looked like we were on a tropical island. I never dreamed that we would find such amazing spots for photos right here in our hometown! Leigh is extremely passionate about photography and she has so much positive, bright energy.

My husband & I both went into our wedding day being a little camera shy, but that faded away immediately when we met Leigh. If you want a photographer who will do an amazing job & make all of your worries melt away, definitely choose Leigh & Jay! Their warm personalities made us feel as if we had known them for years, despite meeting them in person for the first time on our wedding day.

Leigh got our photos to us in record time after the wedding & she was always just a phone call or a text away. Not only did I find a photographer in Leigh, but I also found a new friend!

Thank you for making our wedding day so enjoyable, Leigh & Jay! We love all of our photos & we have gotten so many compliments on what an awesome job you did. You're amazing!!!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Emmie for this amazing review!! We had the BESt time being a part of your wedding!! Thank you for choosing us!!

Nicole · Married on 11/12/2016

Leigh is amazing!! She is incredibly fun to work with and the pictures were just astounding. We had a great time with her and is just so much fun that we were instantly comfortable with her and could easily be ourselves.

We ended up with some truly breathtaking and very romantic pictures, and tons of great candids from every part of day. She also does a REALLY great job with "details" pictures, the ones of rings, objects, etc. We just loved going through all of the pictures afterward, and have done so several times since our wedding, because she did so well capturing the emotion and all of the important moments that we basically felt like we got to relive it all again.

I cannot say enough good things about her and honestly even if she wasn't our photographer I think we would have liked to have her at the wedding anyway!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Nicole! It was so fun being part of yours and Eric's wedding! We had a BLAST!! You all ROCK!!

Alyson · Married on 11/05/2016

I seriously cannot say enough great things about Leigh. She and Jay were so wonderful! She did such an amazing job with our engagement pictures. She was great at making my husband and I comfortable enough for the camera. Because of her, we finally have amazing family pictures with our furbabies. She was able to capture all of the moments that I wanted during the wedding and some more! All of our wedding pictures turned out beautiful and she definitely made it hard for us to choose which ones to print. :) Very quick turnaround for pictures. She was able to calm me down and help me not worry when I was running a little behind for the wedding ceremony. She definitely moves fast and was able to take great detail pictures of my dress, jewelry, shoes, etc. She is someone that I definitely want to be present to capture new moments as our new family grows.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Alyson for this amazing review! Jay and I loved being a part of this time in your lives!! I can't wait to see what the future holds for you!!
    XOXO!

Alexandria · Married on 10/09/2016

Have you ever met someone and thought, “Yup, we’re going to get along swell.” When my wife and I hired Leigh and Jay to shoot our wedding we both had this thought and realized this was one of the best decisions we made (except for you know, getting married).
    Leigh was very thorough in preparing to shoot our wedding. She had us fill out some quick wedding questionnaires, desired photo lists, and then had a meeting with us over Skype to chat about what we wanted and all the extra things we may have wanted photographed but may not have thought to mention. Leigh’s attention to detail is simply incredible, and her ability to recall information about the wedding after a brief conversation was frankly remarkable.
    On the day of the wedding we were pleased with their laid back shooting style that put even the most camera shy person at ease. They came with a plan for shooting bridal party and family photos, and went with the flow when things got held up with other parts of the wedding. They kept us on our timeline and made sure we had everything we requested.
    The photos that Leigh and Jay took are absolutely stunning. Leigh’s ability to find, and on occasion make, pretty light is one of the many things that make her an exceptional photographer. They also indulged our nerdy, playful side throughout the day (#lightsaber) and we had a lot of fun hanging out with them. It is important that you like your wedding photographer, you spend a lot of time with them on your wedding day. If you want stellar pictures and like to have fun and laugh a lot, I would suggest you go with Leigh and Jay.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

Honestly, Jay and I felt an immediate connection with you two and are so glad we were part of your wedding day!! It was a special day and we will remember it forever! XOXO!

Anna · Married on 09/24/2016

Leigh is phenomenal, she knows when to listen to what you *think you want* and yet how to interpret what you say with what you're actually going for. When I was like, hey I only want unposed candid photos she did that and showed me what I had asked for in comparison to her gentle posing. *AHEM. perfectly candid 100% wasn't what I wanted, she knew what I wanted - natural looking, beautiful photos that made two people who hate photos of themselves look their absolute best. Our wedding photos came back within 2 weeks of the wedding and they were UNBELIEVABLY gorgeous. We looked better than ourselves because a simple "pull this shoulder forward a little, place your weight on that back leg, etc etc." she didn't change what we were doing or what we were going for, she made us look phenomenal doing the things we wanted! Everyone looked great! Leigh and her sweet hubby KILLED it. 10/10 would absolutely repeat!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Anna! It was my pleasure to be part of your and Andy's wedding day! We had such a blast!! Congrats again!

Marlon · Married on 07/17/2016

I was so impressed with the work of Leigh and her team at a friends wedding that it was if the utmost importance that I had to make her a part of my wedding. There wasn't a single missed moment or piece of undocumented love throughout our experience together. Do the right thing for your wedding and use Leigh for special moments.

Sent on 08/08/2016

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Marlon & Hanna! I had the BEST time at your wedding and was so happy you two chose me to be there to capture these memories for you! XOXO!

Christa · Married on 05/14/2016

Leigh is AMAZING! Photography for our wedding was something my now husband and I took very seriously. These pictures are of the most important day of our lives and we wanted to make sure we had an experienced photographer who could capture them, afterall, its one day and you get one shot! We spent hours researching photographers. After reading all the outstanding reviews on Leigh, we reached out to her to set up a meeting. We met with her and feel in love with her personality and work, we signed a contract that night! It was the best decision we could have made! She exceeded all of our expectations and is so wonderful to work with! She will keep you smiling and laughing throughout the whole day too! Our wedding day went so smoothly and Leigh had a lot to do with that, she worked so well with all of our vendors. Our engagement and wedding pictures turned out better than we could have imagined, they are everything we wanted and more!! We seriously cannot thank Leigh enough for everything she did for us!! We love you Leigh!!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Christa! You and Andy are the BEST and we had the most amazing time documenting your wedding! XOXO!
  • F

FELICIA · Married on 05/07/2016

She is amazing. I am so glad that me and my now husband chose her. She was so involved in everything we did and she went beyond my expectations! Her and her husband were such a great team. Thank you both for being such amazing people in our beautiful day!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Felicia! It was such a pleasure being a part of your wedding day!! That sunset will forever be seared into my brain!! Good luck in Tennessee!! XOXO!

Sarah · Married on 04/30/2016

Leigh was fabulous! I knew the moment that I met her that I had found the perfect photographer to capture our special day. Trust me, I had searched and met with quite a few photographers and I was about ready to give up on finding the right one. I am so thankful that I found her! She was kind, professional, and FUN! She really made me feel relaxed through all of the chaos that is wedding planning and throughout the entire wedding day in general. You could not ask for anyone better than Leigh! :-)

Sent on 05/17/2016

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

Sarah and Nick, I loved being a part of your wedding day! It was truly perfect!! You are both amazing people and I am so glad I could share your wedding with you!! XOXO!!

Nolen · Married on 12/21/2015

Leigh is incredible to work with. Not only are her photos incredible, but working with her and her husband is as well.
    She is fully committed to making this a stress free and fun experience. Since we did a small eloping ceremony we spent
    two hours one-on-one with Leigh and really got to know her and how she operates.
    It was a blast! From first contacting her to getting our album back has been nothing but a great experience, and for the level of quality you
    receive the prices are a great deal.
    We'll be going back to Leigh for any professional photography needs.

Happy customers and happy newlyweds
    The Browns
    December, 2015

Sent on 01/06/2016

Leigh Skaggs Photography's reply:

I absolutely ADORED working with you both and am so thrilled that we were part of such a special and emotional day!! XOXO!
    Leigh Skaggs